Celebrity Status [1]

By writerbug44

Holly Thorne has a normal life in Minnesota. Normal friends and family and grades. Her personality may be a l... More

1.) First Impressions
2.) Family Reunions
3.) Hollywood Parties
4.) Starstruck Moments
5.) Rude Awakenings
6.) Busy Days
7.) Indoor Camping Trips
8.) Morning talks
9.) Shopping Trips
10.) Good Nights
11.) Movie Dates
12.) Making Up
13.) Friendship Confusions
14.) New Relationships
15.) Fair Days
16.) Girl Time
18.) Hormonal Disasters
19.) Movie Premiers
20.) Sibling Dramas
21.) Feeling Better
22.) New Attention
23.) Concluding
23.5) Concluding- Through Kale's Eyes
24.) Confessions
25.) Amusement Parks
26.) Morning Afters
27.) Debating
28.) Forgotten Memories
29.) Little Things
30.) 4th of July
30.5) 4th of July [Part 2]
31.) Walk of Shame
32.) Birthday Presents
33.) Practicing
34.) Lying
35.) Misunderstandings
36.) Triple Dates
37.) Sob-Fest
38.) Decisions
39.) Goodbyes
40.) Airports
Author's goodbye </3
Help?!
Sequel!

17.) First Dates

306K 7.9K 3.3K
By writerbug44

My body racked with nerves as I went down the flight of stairs towards the living room. I made my way into the living room and Kale was standing near the door, watching me with intense eyes.

“You look amazing.” He breathed as I approached him.

“Really?” I squeaked. “I personally think it’s a bit much. I mean, the gold and such but Andy just kind of took control and she made me take this purse which is like, worth more than this whole planet. And I’m kind of freaking out because these ear rings could buy a new house if I needed it. Maybe I’m exaggerating just a little bit, but it’s still scary. You look amazing too. Or handsome. I don’t really know the terminology for a guy. I think amazing is suiting.”

I trailed off when I realized that I was rambling and Kale was looking at me with an amused smile.

“We should, uh, go.” I said quietly.

He nodded and slipped a hand around my waist, leading me through the door. “Sure.”

He was wearing a nice black suit, he looked amazing. Absolutely and incredibly amazing. Hot, too. Really hot.

We walked outside with my heels clacking against the sidewalk loudly and Kale’s arm snaked around my waist. I noticed that we were taking a limo like the one I rode around in with Andy and I smiled.

“A limo?”

He smiled sheepishly. “Yeah. Do you like it?”

The driver was at the back door and he opened it with a nod of his head, waiting for us to get inside. I grinned and thanked the driver before sliding onto the leather seats with Kale beside me. “I love it.”

“Good.” He said lightly, kissing my cheek and causing me to let out a light giggle. “I’m sorry about Andy, by the way. She can be a bit… dramatic.”

“Don’t be.” I said reassuringly. “It was fun, it felt nice to actually be around a girl.”

He smiled at me which made my insides melt. “I’m glad you had fun.”

“So what’d you do all day?” I asked him as I slipped my hand into his so that we were holding hands as we drove down the road to the mysterious place of this date.

“I was at Isaac’s.”

“Are you guys close?” I asked curiously.

He nodded. “Yeah. Brendon, Jarrod, Isaac and me, we’ve been friends since fifth grade and then Elle started hanging around in middle school when she started going out with Isaac.”

“That’s cute, that they’re still together.” I said.

Kale was about to say something, but the limo stopped and the driver quickly got out of the front seat. He moved to the door and swung it open for us to slide out.

“Ready?” Kale asked excitedly.

“Nervous.” I breathed as we got out. I thanked the driver and we walked towards a building. A huge building. It looked fancy and expensive and it was tall, like skyscraper tall. Well, I wouldn’t say that, but it stuck out along the other buildings in the area.

“Don’t be.” He said in my ear. A doorman opened the front door for us and I could see that we were in a restaurant. An extremely expensive restaurant. The lights were dim and the tables were dressed in dark red table cloths with tall lit candles dancing in the center. Little napkin origami shapes were placed on the center of each plate and everybody looked like they were ready to attend a red carpet event.

“Kale, it’s gorgeous.” I gasped.

“This isn’t it.” He chuckled, turning to the hostess. “Reservations for West.”

The lady looked down and found Kale’s name before smiling. “Right this way, Mr. West.” She chirped as we followed her through the restaurant.

“What do you mean?” I squeaked.

He grinned at me and the hostess led us into an elevator. “You’ll see.”

She pushed a button and then we were gliding up to another floor. Curiosity and nerves were bouncing around in me like crazy and I was surprised that I didn’t start hyperventilating right there.

When the elevator doors opened, I think I was about to faint. The room was to-die-for gorgeous and private. Most of the room was empty, except for a door that led to the kitchen, a small bar with a bar tender, and then a completely open space with a table in the middle. The table had the same red table cloth as from downstairs, but there were no candles and the origami napkins we dolphins. I love dolphins!

None of this really caught my attention, though. Because the circular wall that covered half of the room was made up of nothing but glass and the railings holding them in place. It was all windows, overlooking all of Hollywood. The city lights were dancing in the night sky, mixing with the heavy summer stars.

“This is… gorgeous.” I breathed.

“I was hoping you’d like it.” Kale said beside me, grabbing my hand and leading me over to the small, two person table where the plates were set out with menus.

“I love it.” I grinned, sitting in the seat across from Kale.

“I was afraid I overdid it.” He admitted.

I giggled and pinched two of my fingers together in front of my face. “Just a little. But in a good way.”

He smiled. “Alright, I’ll take that.”

“So how’d you think of this?” I asked, gesturing towards the nearly empty large room.

“It’s a secret.” He said innocently.

“Secrets don’t make friends.” I teased, picking up the menu. I gasp when I see the prices, how can a steak cost so much?!

“Don’t worry.” Kale chuckled amusedly, obviously noticing my distress. “I’m paying so get whatever you want.”

I gave him a horrified look. “I’ll just have some bread.” I said lightly.

He raised his eyebrows at me. “How about a steak?”

“The cheapest steak is-“

“I don’t care.” He said quickly. “Get whatever you like.”

“But-“

“Or I’ll order one of everything on the menu and we’ll be forced to eat it all.” He said smugly.

I sighed and looked down at the menu, defeated. “Fine, but I’m not happy about it.” I huffed.

He gave me a smile that said that he didn’t believe me, and he shouldn’t have because I was lying. I was honestly flipping over the moon that a guy wouldn’t think twice about spending so much money on me just to have a nice dinner and a night out.

“I would have been fine with a picnic or takeout.” I joked.

“Well, you deserve better than that.” He said in a serious voice.

I blushed and looked down at the menu with a grin on my face that wouldn’t go away.

A guy with a strong French accent came over to our table and by what he was wearing, I could tell that he was a chef. He gave us recommendations and took our orders. After much debate, I chose to go with the cheapest steak on the menu, which still cost more than I’d ever dreamt. Kale gets some lobster thing, which is gross since I can’t even stand the smell of seafood. Yuck.

“How does he have time to come up and talk to us?” I asked, confused.

“He’s a private chef.” Kale explained.

I sighed. “Of course he is.” I muttered.

He chuckled. “You’re lucky that I didn’t get a private jet and fly us to Paris, because that was Andy’s idea.”

“That would have been way too much.” I agreed with a vigorous nod.

“Exactly. So I came up with this and I don’t think it’s too shabby.”

I laughed. “Isn’t that a British word?”

“What? Shabby? I don’t think so.” He said thoughtfully before he cleared his throat and when he spoke, he started speaking in a British accent. “This tea isn’t too shabby.” He said in his awful British accent. “That doesn’t sound right.”

I burst out laughing, in fact, I think I laughed until I cried a little bit. “You’re accent is awful!” I laughed.

“It’s not that bad.” He defended.

I nodded. “It’s pretty bad.”

“You try then.” He smirked.

I cleared my throat, preparing for my awesome accent skills. “Jolly good, sir! How are you this divine evening? Cheerio!”

[I DO NOT NEED A LESSON IN BRITISH VOCABULARY. I KNOW THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY HOW THEY TALK. IT'S JUST A STORY. THEY'RE JUST CHARACTERS. AND THEY EVEN SAY THAT THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THANKS FOR READING BYE]

Then, it was his time to laugh. “Okay, that was pretty good, but I highly doubt that’s how they talk.”

“How do you know, have you ever been to England?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“No, have you?” He fought back.

“No. So I guess we’re even. Neither of us have any idea what we’re talking about.”

Kale nodded. “Agreed.”

Soon enough, our food is in front of us and I would be lying if I said that it didn’t look to-die-for delicious. It was just a plain steak with a side of broccoli, yet that chef made it look like God himself had conjured it up on the spot. The steak is even already cut up! Which is amazing, because I’m awful at cutting steaks.

Our conversation tends to talk about everything and anything that we stumbled upon as we ate. I found out that Kale used to play baseball when he was little, I told him that I had chicken pox when I was ten. The butterflies and me, we became good friends after a while once I accepted the fact that they probably won’t be leaving for a while. The nerves were gone, leaving me with a relaxing feeling and pure happiness. I honestly don’t know what I was so nervous about. I mean, it’s Kale. What could have gone wrong?

I honestly don’t think I’ve smiled so much since I can remember. And that’s saying a lot. I laughed a lot too. Like real, shoulder shaking, tear inducing laughs. Especially when he told me about the time that Andy had set him up on a blind double date with a guy. That sounds like Andy, though.

The butterflies hit harder when I got him to laugh that shoulder shaking, tear inducing laugh as well. Like when I told him about when I smashed a snow globe over Jackson’s head when he ripped the head off of one of my Barbie’s. He didn’t get hurt, no blood or bumps or concussions, but the glass shattered and the snow globe liquid soaked his head.

“Remind me never to get on your bad side.” Kale chuckled after I finished the story. Both of us were finished with our meals long ago, we were just sitting at the small table talking now.

“Hey, he was fine.” I defended. “And once he stopped blubbering like a baby, he told my whole second grade class that I had a crush on Bobby George.”

“You were a violent child.”

“It was my favorite Barbie!” I defended. “He totally had it coming.”

“You’re just a monster.” He teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him until my eyes wandered to the large open windows and I noticed something was off. The buildings around us were… moving?

I stood up and walked across the room slowly towards the wall of windows where the night sky was still dancing with city lights. “Are we moving?” I asked Kale who followed me to the window.

He wrapped his arms around me from behind and pressed my body to his.

Yeah, remember what I said about me and the butterflies being friends? Scrap that, because they just rebelled and were going crazy at the full body contact.

“It took you long enough to notice.” He chuckled, resting his chin on my shoulder. “We’re on the top floor, so we’re rotating 360 around. We have been since the middle of dinner.”

I watched, amazed, as the city started slowly vanishing from sight. Instead, mountains and nighttime nature filled the scene outside. We really were moving, like we were on a cloud or something.

“Kale.” I breathed, leaning farther into him. “This is- This is crazy.” I giggled.

“You haven’t even seen the best part yet.” He nearly whispered, nuzzling his nose into my neck. Shivers of desire shot down my spine when I felt the warmth of his breath on my neck.

“What’s the best part?” I asked.

He grinned and pointed to the corner the window where something was beginning to show. As the room continued to rotate, I could see that it was bright and white. Eventually, when the whole thing was exposed, I could see that we had a front row seat to view the Hollywood sign, tucked away safely in the mountains.

“Oh.” I gasped. “Oh goodness. Oh, wow. Holy crap!”

“I told you that you deserved it.” He whispered.

I spun around in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck and looked into his deep green eyes before deciding that me and these stupid butterflies will never be on good terms. “This is perfect. You, you’re perfect.” I told him warmly.

He doesn’t say anything back, but leans down, very, excruciatingly slow, ducking his head so that his lips were nearly brushing against mine, he waited for me to close the gap. Which I eagerly do by tilting my head up just slightly so that our lips touched.

When we met, sparks shocked me down my spine, not like the other times we’ve kissed, this time it was different.  He instantly took dominance of the kiss, but kept it slow and soft, yet still just as passionate. He moved his hands to caress (weird word, I know) my cheeks softly.

He pulled away way too soon, leaving me short of breath and wanting more with a stupid grin on my face.

“You’re so cute.” He whispered with a small smile as he wiped a piece of hair away from my face with his thumb.

I smiled a bit as I blushed. “Thanks.” I murmured softly, looking into his deep blue eyes. No matter how much I thought, I couldn’t think of any sort of way that this night could get any better than this moment right here. With that thought in mind, I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him again.

_________________________________________

I DO NOT NEED A LESSON IN BRITISH VOCABULARY. I KNOW THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY HOW THEY TALK. IT'S JUST A STORY. THEY'RE JUST CHARACTERS. UGH

I totally had a girl-gasm and went all out for choosing her outfit, as you can see right over there -->

Let me know what you think and all that jazz. 

Vote- Comment- Vote some more- Fan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.3K 16
[COMPLETED] "His name was Ryder, and I was in love with him . . . but so was she." With her parents constantly traveling for weeks at a time, Isabel...
199K 4.7K 27
Melody Paige's life was like any other teenage girl's life is, well, it was getting that way. She stays in her room, reads stories, listens to music...
4.6M 129K 100
"You like this, don't you?" Sam grins, running his tongue over his lip ring. "You're turned on by it." "Please," I wave my hand in dismissal. "Yo...
2.3M 40.9K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...