My Mate, The Dragon

Swloxie által

Look at that amazing cover art by @sweettner Please check her out below! https://my.w.tt/qyi9NG3Lb5 - Sheila... Több

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE (1)
SEQUEL(?)
EPULOGUE (2)

Chapter Six

151K 5.3K 1.1K
Swloxie által

Friday, August 16th, 2019
-
Sheila

When we dipped to the forest floor, I felt like I was the queen of the world. "Woo!" I screamed happily, the thrill pumping through my bloodstream.

We touched the ground and I slid down his wing onto the dirt. I squealed, "That was so much fun when are we doing it again?" I smiled looking up at his large white form.

"Soon. We have to walk a little bit, I didn't want to crush his house with the wind." I saw him smiling down at me.

"Do you think I can shift?" I wanted him to see me in my wolf form. I wanted to impress him. "Will I hurt you?" I was so cautious I didn't want to cause him any harm.

He scoffed, "you won't hurt me. The only reason the wolves are scared of you is that they don't know how to protect one's mind. They have this thing referred to as 'pack link' and they don't know how to turn it off." He paused what he was doing.

"They are stupid."

"Hey!" That was uncalled for.

"They are scared you can get into that stream and break everyone's minds at once." Woah, that's terrifying. Breaking someone's mind? What does that even mean? Did they go completely crazy? Or would I just end their life?

"Can I do it?"

"Yes." Oh, that was unsettling.

"But, you won't, it's not like you are born to go breaking minds left, right, and center. It takes training. Looking at you now, you are very detached from your power." We started walking again.

"How can I be attached to my power."

"You want to break peoples minds?" He craned his head, chuckling in my direction.

"Oh, you know what I meant!" I growled. I earned myself another chuckle from him.

"We are here." I snapped my head forward, drawing my eyes away from my mate.

It was a small cottage, a straw roof, wooden walls, and a nonexistent door. There was smoke forming from the male shift "chimney" on the house.

"Flores!" His voice boomed, echoing in the forest surrounding us. It made me stir a bit where I was standing.

    "Oh calm down you enlarged snake you don't need to yell for me. I'm not a dog." A man with a very long beard. Very long, down to his knees, peered out of his door. He looked to my mate, then to me.

    "Oh, but you are."

     Hey! I'm not a dog! I'm a wolf! I wanted to scream at him, but it wasn't my position to say anything. If my mate was still in his dragon form, he doesn't feel that comfortable with this "friend".

     "Hello, Flores," my mate hissed out, steam covering the floor. It looked as if we were walking on a cloud.

     "Old friend. How have you been!" Flores picked up his beard with both hands and walked over to us. He was trying to make sure the beard didn't hit the ground.

     "Very good. I just met my mate, meet Sheila." He ducked his head and placed it next to mine, affectionately. I laughed and pushed away his snout.

     "Shei, I like it."

     "Sheila," we both said at the same time.

    "Oh, Sheila! I'm sorry my hearing is getting quite bad. You know being 708 years and all."

    708 years old! That's crazy! I'm a fetus compared to him. "It's nice to meet you, Flores," I said holding out a hand to shake. He reached his hand out to shake mine.

    "Wow, what a polite girl!" He was about to touch my hand, but a growl erupted beside me.

    We both looked up to my mate who was glaring at Flores. He quickly withdrew his hand. "How long ago did you meet your blessing of a mate, Sheila." He wrings his hands together, nervously.

    "Yesterday, why?" I tilted my head to the side.

    He let out a nervous laugh, taking three large steps back. "Oh, yesterday... Wow... So soon." Another nervous laugh. "My life is in danger," he mumbled under his breath.

    "Zaivinth, you know better than going out so shortly after finding your mate." He said softly, like he was trying to scold Vince, but didn't want to anger him.

"She wanted to travel, so we travel," Vince said as if it was nothing new.

"What do you young kids call this? Whipped?" Vince let out another growl, a waterfall of smoke came from him, into poor Flores old bald face.

Flores wore a black cloak and a black hat. The color brought out his bright blue eyes that seemed to read into everyone's soul.

"So!" I clapped my hands together picking up on the queue to change the subject. "What magic do you specialize in?" I said a soft smile on my face. I gripped my backpack straps.

He chuckled, "I dedicated my life to protect wildlife, plants, animals," he paused and displayed a hand, gesturing to us. "Weather, if it moves on its own, I protect it."

"Isn't that everything?" I asked, a brow raised.

"God no!" He said shocked, his voice raised a bit at me. This earned a growl from Vince. A hand-sprayed out. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice." It was like he was trying to calm an angry animal, I let out a chuckle.

"Some wizard specializes in black magic, shadows, death, you think it's evil, they probably know it. Others like studying a body, mind, heart, blood. You understand?" I nodded my head yeah I did understand.

"Are you going to the meeting?" Vince cut in. We snapped our heads over to my mate.

"I will be on your side, I trust your judgment." He said to Vince with a stern nod.

"I will communicate what happens at the meeting unbiased so that you can choose the right side to be on."

"Do you guys want to stay for lunch?" Flores said with a bright smile.

I looked into the eyes of my mate, though I didn't get the chance. He looked away from me, I saw his feet being fidgety. No, he did not want to stay for lunch.

"No, we have to get on the road or we won't make it on time." I lied through my teeth, covering for my mate.

"Alright. I do hope you guys stop by again soon. I do love talking to you Zaivinth, and now you Sheila, if you ever need my help, please don't be afraid to summon me."

"Thank you, the same to you, I will be happy to aid you, a friend of my mate is a friend of mine."

There were more words spoken, though we were about to leave, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

My mate was already a few steps ahead, though I knew he knew that I was stopped by Flores. "Here," he placed a delicate pink shell into my hands. "If you ever need my advice, and I'm very good at advice, following it, another story, anyways, call me if you guys fight, or if you are in desperate danger, please call me. I know I can only trust you because you will come to know how stubborn dragons can be." We both glanced at Vince who still had his back turned. We giggled a bit together.

"Thank you, I wish there was something I can give you—" I was cut off in an instant.

"Your word that you will protect Zaivinth, he is like a son to me." There was a look of a father that loved his son.

"You have my word." We took each other hand, both his hands enveloping mine, looking into his eyes. I hope I didn't break his mind. That would be a bit awkward at this moment.

"I trust you. I'm glad he got you as a mate." He let go of my hands. "Now before your lovely mate bites my head off."

We laughed and I ran to catch up with my mate, I waved the entire time. I got onto his back and we took off. I looked down to the ground to see Flores, his beard in one hand, waving with the other.

It was nice to have friends.

Done. I think I deserved a two-day break ahaha. My friends have been on my ass. They are probs the only people that read this.

ms-XMQiKD.gif How do you like Flores? (I love him)

How is the elven kingdom going to treat Sheila? :O

What side are they going to be on?

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEEEASE

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

596K 23K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...
3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
1.1M 26.9K 34
"I- I..., I don't understand.." "We were made for each other, we're mates.., although I wasn't expecting my little mate to be this young..." he paus...
4.7K 301 38
Eva and future beta Cameron are happily in the bliss of engagement, discussing their future. However their wedding plans soon come crashing around Ev...