snow and stars| jon snow

By sansa-skywalker

snow touching stars is a rare thing. a jon snow fanfiction| game of thrones A Targaryen and a Vela we... More

playlist
prologue: the galaxy
i : the better queen
ii: the siren of ilta
iii: the stag touches the stars
iv : the lone star
v : dorne
vi: a martell
vii: the storm of ilta
viii: westerosi men
ix: the queen of the night
x: dead songbirds
xi: the honoring
xii: first of her name
xiii: the darkness and its counterpart
xiv: soulbond
xv: the dawn of their time
xvi: the string
xvii: soon again
part two
xviii: the wolves
xix: needle
xx: dorne and ilta
xxi: the lightning queen
xxii: the power of seven
xxiii: the sun has risen
xxiv: love and duty
xxv: give you love
xxvii: pandora's wall
xxviii: make us both forget
xxix: commander and the queen
xxx: goodbye again
author's note
xxxi: jenny of oldstones
fin: your hair, my name

xxvi: martells

3.3K 133 11
By sansa-skywalker

Jon, Arya, Sansa, Gendry, Ser Davos, and Andromeda all walked in step together to see Camorra Martell, the usurper of the Crown of Dorne. He was in the cells, which were, for the most part, always empty in Ilta. He was the only occupant when they got there.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" Jon asked Andromeda, not exactly excited for her to see her annulled husband or the man who had attempted on her life more than once. He was a dangerous man, a fighter from Dorne. Of course, Jon has his sword and Andromeda had her spear and Arya had nearly everything on her, but he was still worried about the man and how unpredictable he could be.

"Very sure." Was all she said as they stopped at the door, her in the front and waiting for the singular guard to unlock the door for them. She tapped her foot impatiently, ready to shove it up Camorra Martell's ass and give him a piece of her mind after that. The door swung open after the man fiddled with the keys for a while, and she was the first to step in.

    Camorra Martell looked mentally insane. He was crawled up in one corner of the room with his knees tucked up to his chest, just staring at them before a smile creeped up to his face, a smile that would have made Sansa shiver if she was years younger. This wasn't like the fake, conniving smile of Cersei Lannister, nor was it the smile of a purely evil man such as Ramsay Bolton. It was a smile that was similar to Petyr Baelish. It was the smile of a man who hadn't showed his full hand yet.

   "Cousin," He said, his voice hoarse as he stood up wobbly. His eerie smile stayed. "Or, wife." Jon's hand tightened around his sword.

   "Don't be ridiculous." Andromeda said, keeping her distance, and her spear head up. "That was annulled many of years ago."

   "Annulments can't happen." He decided that it was wise to stay a little further from her than he would have liked to be, but he also enjoyed taunting from a distance.

   "They can," her voice was calm, civil. There was nothing in her voice that could ever suggest that she had an ounce of hate in her heart for the man, and that was most impressive. "And if they can't, then I died and came back. I died and the marriage ended."

    "But I am still the rightful King of Ilta." He said, his grin beginning to drop a bit.

    "You're the rightful king of nothing," she responded. "Not even Dorne." He took a step that was meant to be threatening towards her, but that was immediately thwarted when Jon brandished his weapon and Arya followed immediately after.

    "Dorne is my kingdom."

"No," she would have laughed if the man didn't seem so distraught by the news. "If anything, Dorne is mine."

   His eyes widened so far in anger that it would have frightened her if she didn't have Jon by her side. "Little girl," he snarled, still not daring to step to her. "Dorne is under the Martells, and I am a Martell."

   "A very distant Martell." Her voice didn't waver. "Sure, you have the name. But I am royalty on both sides of my tree, fool. I am the daughter of the youngest Prince of Dorne, the last of his children or any known children of any of the Princes, which makes me the rightful ruler of Dorne."

  "Dorne is mine, you-"

"I never said I wanted Dorne." She said honestly. "Dorne turned their back on me, and it can go all to hell now that everyone that I care about from there is gone."

   "You won't take Dorne from me." His eyes were wild and bloodshot, his hair was unkempt, his clothes were dirty and torn, and he stank of must and dirt. He was no longer a Prince, and he was reduced to something much less. She could've smiled.

   "But you intended to take Ilta from me."

"I intended to pay the iron price for it." He grunted, his dirty lips curling.

    "Oh, that's right." She laughed. "You mother was from the Iron Islands, wasn't she? You aren't very... kraken-like."

  "And you have no-"

"I thought she may have taught you a little more about what paying the iron price truly was. You cannot just take anything, because there is always someone who can beat you. And that happened to you, unfortunately. You led your men to slaughter, kraken boy."

   He started to tremble a bit. "You won't take Dorne."

    "I won't," she agreed, hiding her triumphant smile. "But I will take your dignity." She took a few steps towards his unmoving body, Jon trailing like a cautious shadow. "Kneel."

   "What?" He swallowed his spit. "I would never kneel to you, bitch."

   "Watch your mouth," Jon growled, his sword even more at the ready.

   "Do you think I wanted to defile myself by marrying you?" She chuckled darkly. "We win and we lose. Today, you will lose. Proclaim me a Queen, and I'll let you go." The Stark sisters looked at each other in slight panic, hoping that she wasn't stupid enough to let him off of the hook.

  "Never," he repeated. "I could never kneel to you."

"I'll ask again," her voice was somewhat taunting. He spat at her feet, hitting her black boots. She stepped closer to him, almost going toe to toe with him. "How about this, you'll get on your goddamn knee, or I'll shoot you up so high in the sky that when your body hits the tip of the mountain it rips to so many shreds that not even the Old Gods and the New will be able to bring you back to life."

   Camorra Martell stood there for a second, both of them breathing heavily as everyone watched with careful and protective eyes, not even three steps away. "Fine." He grunted, lowering himself to one knee.

    "Say it." Jon spoke up, ready for their close contact to be over so that he could finally stop worrying.

  "Before we do this," Camorra said softly, raising his head. "At one point in my life, I had feelings for you." Andromeda hummed sarcastically, taking his words with less than a grain of sand. "Was there ever a time, a time where we could have worked out and been happy?"

    She pursed her lips. "Honestly?" He nodded his head. "Never. Not one time did I feel a thing for you." He let it sink in as he bobbed his head in rejection, the words that shouldn't hurt anymore still hurting him somewhat.

   Camorra's head was bowed and hers was raised, not putting her own head down to meet the top of his head. She looked straight ahead at the stone wall, and she could see why he had gone crazy in this room without windows. "If I am to lose my dignity, then you are to lose your life."

    Her head shot down at his words just in time for her to see him wildly swing a long dagger her way. She jumped before it could slice open her stomach, and out of instinct, her spear came flying through the air, almost cutting Jon who was coming to the rescue along with Arya. Andromeda's accurate aim sliced him right through his neck, slitting his throat in one smooth and graceful move, going so deep that his head was halfway detached.

     His eyes were somehow still alert, and in his last moments of life, she acted from her deep anger and kicked his head clean off, watching it bounce off of the wall and back towards her feet. His eyes were forever frozen in terror.

     She turned towards the Starks and Gendry, who was covering his mouth at her somewhat shocking action. Ser Davos, on the other hand, looked mildly proud. Sansa swallowed as she took her eyes away from the head, and Arya had a smirk on her face. "I'm sorry." Andromeda apologized.

  "Oh, no." Arya said, waving it off, still slightly amused by her violent action.

   With the adrenaline pumping through her veins, Andromeda said something she had been thinking of since they arrived. "I will help you take back the North from this dead bastard."

  Jon stepped forward. The thought of saving his home and his sister's kingdom was something that made his hopes spiral, but with what army could she do that with? "How?" Clearly, Sansa felt the same exact way. "You don't have the numbers."

    "With just me." She said strongly. "Your men won't even have to fight. Everyone wearing yellow and orange will be struck down, I swear it."

   "Not that I don't trust you, Andromeda," and the younger girl knew that Sansa was being honest about it. She would have grabbed Jon's hand and sent him away if she didn't trust her. "But what would you be getting out of this?"

   "Nothing." She answered honestly. "But I won't stand by and watch another's homeland be invaded like mine was."

"You have no obligation to us, Your Grace," Sansa said warily.

"I do." She argued. "I've married a man who is a Stark and a Targaryen, and now you are my family. And I will be damned seven times over if I let this happen to my family again."

                                            ****

this is mad melodrama, but we love that, right? critique this to your hearts desire! i love you guys so much for sticking with me for this long, that's for your reads and votes y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 11.1K 27
❝ I WOULDN'T PLAY WITH FIRE ,IF I WERE YOU. ICE MELTS FAST THESE DAYS. ❞ [ GAME OF THRONES AU ] [ AEGON'S CONQUEST ] [ AEGON TARGARYEN X OC ] [ Ⓒ win...
106K 4.6K 70
❝𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝒻𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓈𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽❞ Nymeria doesn't belong anywhere. She's out of place and if she's not careful, s...
4.4K 101 22
Before the Targaryens sailed across the Narrow Sea and claimed Westeros, another Valyrian house staked a claim in the northernmost portion of the cou...