slide | seaycee (sean and kay...

By seayceeok

Kaycee and Sean were in love with each other, but they figured it out too late. Now she's a mom, married to a... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
seventeen pt. two
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
note
twenty-one
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
epilogue

twenty-two

2.5K 130 42
By seayceeok

know it might not feel the same 'cause it isn't lua asking you but don't forget to leave your comments as you read and to vote, please. also keep in mind that most of this she left pre-written so it's basically her work and not mine.

_________

Father's day was here and as wrong as it felt — for Kaycee — Jia had to spend it with her father, Gabe. The woman wasn't happy about it, she still didn't trust her daughter to be alone with him, but he was pretty serious about spending this time with their baby so she had to accept the condition that he wouldn't take the kid to any crowed place. 

So against her wish, she woke up around eight to get Jia ready so Gabe could pick her up around nine — she made the kid's bag with everything she could need and more, then got the girl ready too.

"And you better behave, don't do anything stupid with your dad." She joked to Jia as she carried the girl and her things down the stairs — the toddler couldn't care less about what she was saying, she just wanted to floor so she could play with her toys.

As Kaycee heated Jia's bottle, she noticed Sean sitting outside in the backyard staring at nothing — she found it weird that he wasn't in bed when she woke up, normally she is the one to wake up, but she just imagined he had to work on something or was doing some crazy breakfast.

She fed her daughter and waited for Gabe to get there — he was very on time for the very first time in his life which was good for a change, and because Kaycee needed all the time in the world to give him every single instruction she had. After so, with tears in her eyes, she bravely said goodbye to her baby and watched as they drove off.

After getting herself a cup of water, she watched Sean once more through the glass doors in the kitchen, he was still in the same position — Kaycee knew this day was hitting him hard because Jia was like a daughter to him, I mean, he was the one that was there with her every day. He was the one she would run to when she needed help, he was the one she would go to for a bandaid or dry her tears, he was the one to change diapers and give baths, he was the one to cook her food.

He was the one being a father, not Gabe — and she could tell it was painful to him that he still wouldn't be the one getting father's day cards.

"Hey." She said, squeezing herself in the small chair he was as sitting — almost in his lap.

He gave her a blue smile. "Hey."

She caressed his hair for a while, with him closing his eyes to it. "Wanna talk about."

He shook his head a 'no' right away but then frowned. "I don't know... I mean, whatever." He answered, trying to avoid her eyes.

"I shouldn't be feeling sad... there's nothing wrong here, she went to spend the day with her father." He said. "That's it, nothing wrong with that."

"I'm not happy about it either... I wish there was another way." His fingers caressing her leg on top of his.

"I know, babe... don't worry about." He answered — she could tell he understood her situation even though it didn't make it less sad.

"What about we go visit my dad, Gabe can leave Jia there around seven pm, and then we can go to your parents, so you can cook with your dad. Hun?" She offered in a way to make him happier.

"Great idea." He said, trying to sound excited — they both trying to make each other happy, neither of them feeling like so.

"Okay, let's go then." She said.

They've spent most of the day at Kaycee's parent's house. Her father and Sean made them barbecue, and they watched a bunch of homemade movies from when Kaycee and her siblings were kids. They also started to put together a giant puzzle, which they didn't finish before the doorbell rang — Kaycee ran over to the door.

"Mama." She cried a little as she saw Kaycee opening the door.

"Oh, hi baby girl!" Said Kaycee while she happily takes her daughter from Gabe. "Did you have fun?"

"She did, we went to my parents, she played." Said Gabe.

"I wasn't expecting you to bring her so soon." She said. "I thought you would come around seven."

"I know." He gave her Jia's bag. "She was starting to grumpy, maybe sleepy so she cried. I didn't know how to calm her down so I decided to bring her back."

"Alright then..." Before Kaycee could continue Jia saw Sean passing in the background — started to cry.

"What happened, kiddo?" Kaycee asked.

"D...Da... Dada! Dada!" She called out — it wasn't the first time Jia used the world, but it was the first time she used to call for Sean.

Sean heard from far away. Kaycee's entire family heard it also. Gabe heard it too — they all kind of froze to the situation as Jia kept asking from Sean and referring to him as Dada.

"Of course," Gabe said, sarcastic.

"Gabe-"

"No, no need to come with your sweet words, Kaycee." He said interrupting her. "Just hope you understand that I can't let this keep going... I don't want crumbles."

"Gabe-"

"Have a good day." He said before leaving for good.

Kaycee took a deep breath, before looking at her daughter. "Bad timing, sweety... bad timing."

No one dared to mention the fact that Jia called Sean 'dada' right in front of Gabe and on father's day, they simply pretended it didn't happen.

After a couple more minutes they've said goodbye to Kaycee's family so they could go visit Sean's parents. There, Sean cooked some great food with his father while Kaycee —mostly catch up with his mother, and Jia was spoiled by Sarah and Serris. They've eaten together and then just stayed together in the leaving room, as Sean and his father took care of the mess they've made in the kitchen.

"She called me Dada, today." His father got his entire attention as Sean let those words out — he looks at his father with relief to be talking about it.

"And how did it feel?"

Sean relaxed in a smile. "God... it made me feel so lucky."

His father smiled. "I remember when you first called me Dad. The girls said 'mama' first, but you said dada... it's something I'll never forget, son. It's a lucky moment."

Sean dropped the smile. "Bu the difference is that you are my father."

"Forget that, Sean." Said his father. "You wanna know something... your mom was talking about Jia the other day with a stranger in Target, talking about her granddaughter..." Sean looked surprised — something warm growing on his chest. "That little girl playing in the living room with your sister, she is a Lew... And it seems like she's the one saying it, not me."

"That makes me so happy, dad... but it doesn't take away the fear of losing them at any second." He confessed.

"Then don't waste your time." His father said before leaving for the living room. 

"And what that is supposed to mean?" Sean asked himself before shaking it, deciding to go to the living room with the rest of the family.

He sat on the couch beside Kaycee, placing an arm around her, her back slightly against his chest. "Your sisters won't have hair anymore after tonight." She commented about Jia playing with their hair.

"They have plenty of hair, they will survive." He said. "She looks kind of tired... wanna go home?"

Kaycee's eyes shined at his use of 'home' to describe her house. She wanted to say something but didn't, fearing to be looking too much into it. "Great idea."

Jia fell asleep in the car ride back home, so when they got to the house she went straight to bed. Kaycee and Sean took a quick shower and went to bed too, silently agreeing to just fall into each other's arms and not talk about this day, yet.

The next morning, Sean woke up with a space beside him in bed, which wasn't something completely out of the ordinary considering Kaycee had always been a morning bird. He thought about leaving the bed but he was honestly tired, so maybe just a few minutes more... before he could finish his thoughts some noises caught his attention.

"Wait for mommy, okay?... one, two, three..." He could hear Kaycee whispering in the hallway and behind the room's door — she opened the door slowly, still whispering. "You wait for mommy to put this down so I can help you to get in the bed, alright?"

Then her eyes caught Sean's, looking a bit confused. "Damn it, you were supposed to be asleep." She said, opening the rest of the door with her foot.

He finally noticed she was holding a plate of breakfast, with a bunch of things he loved. "What is all of this?" He asked, sitting in bed while she placed the breakfast in it.

"Breakfast in bed for you." She simply answered as she grabbed the little girl in her arms.

"And what for?" He asked, smiling and already digging in the food.

"Well, because Jia wants to give you something." She answered, sitting with the girl in bed too.

"Is that true?" He asked, this time talking to the girl while pocking her nose and —making her laugh.

The toddler extended out the arms she was hiding behind her back, showing a very homemade card... a happy father's day card. "Dada."

He grabbed the card from Jia's little hands with tears wanting to form in his eyes. Kaycee said: "I'm sorry with didn't get to do this yesterday."

"You didn't have to..."

"Dada," Jia said once more, throwing herself at Sean.

"Is that okay?" Kaycee asked. "For her to call you like that, I mean..."

He looked down at the toddler in his lap, then back to Kaycee. "Is it okay for you?" she smiled to his relief, nodding while her cheeks blushed. "Then for me is more than okay, it's perfect."

"Are you sure? cause you don't have to"

"Hey..." He interrupted, grabbing her hand in his. "This is everything I want... I just hope it doesn't create problems."

"let's not think about that right now, let's eat before everything gets cold." She said.

"let's? what do you mean? I thought it was my breakfast in bed." He joked. "By the way, thank you for this and the card..." He said while smashing Jia with kisses, making the toddler laugh.

"And thank you, for everything." He said, kissing Kaycee's hand.

"God, stop being so cheesy, and let's eat." She joked.

And together they had breakfast. The scene was beautiful and it made Kaycee so happy yet Gabe's last words to her couldn't leave her alone, they were like a huge and grey cloud in the back of her mind — a storm was coming. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 680 23
It's been years of them being apart will they get back together?
Static By StarAce11

Teen Fiction

31.3K 1K 20
I can't do this without you ...literally They're only better together Sean Lew x Kaycee Rice #seaycee Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice were not good dancers...
45.9K 1.2K 60
Sean and Kaycee are best friends. The best of friends actually. When a new girl comes into Sean's life, how will kaycee react before she's even able...
64.7K 1.9K 29
Transfer student, Sean Lew, crosses paths with the infamous Kaycee Rice after moving to LA to attend Millennium Arts Academy. He finds himself intrig...