Xavier (1st bk of Wolfcreek P...

By RissaleWriter

He was said to be one of the most dangerous Alphas on the face of the planet. He was said to have killed his... More

Table of Contents
Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 1 (Edited)
Chapter 2 (Edited)
Chapter 3 (Edited)
Chapter 4 (Edited)
Chapter 5 (Edited)
Chapter 6 (Edited)
Chapter 7 (Edited)
Chapter 8 (Edited)
Chapter 9 (Edited)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (Edited)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Edited)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 (Edited)
Chapter 17 (Edited)
Chapter 18 (Edited)
Chapter 19 (Edited)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Edited)
Chapter 23 (Edited)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Edited)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Edited)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Edited)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (Edited)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Edited)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55- Xavier's POV
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67- Xavier's POV
Chapter 68- Xavier
Chapter 69- Xavier
Chapter 70 (Cass's POV)
Chapter 71- Xavier's POV
Chapter 72- Xavier's POV
Chapter 73
Chapter 74- Xavier
Chapter 75- Xavier
Chapter 76- Xavier
A Sad Ending...
A Bitter Sweet Ending
Chapter 74- Xavier
Chapter 75
Epilogue 1- 4 Years Later
Epilogue 2
A/N: Apology, Explanation, and Notes on sequel(s)
A/N: Seraphina!
The Reincarnated!
A Glimmer of Hope
A/N: Monster of the Night

Chapter 74- Xavier

17.1K 481 68
By RissaleWriter

"NO!" I heard someone, Cass perhaps, exclaimed before a flash of cream shoved me away and attacked someone that I couldn't see.

I grunted in shock when I fell on my side and twisted into the direction that I saw the flash of cream going pass, and my eyes widened in shock when I saw a cream-colored wolf, with a side of her head covered in black fur that matched my own, attacking a wolf that I assumed was Camen.

Beautiful... that was the word that I had to describe this dangerous force, attacking Camen like there was no tomorrow. Beautiful, strong, and dangerous.

A feeling of dread settled in the pit of my stomach while I watched her, and I had this inkling that something was off. There was something off about her, and it scared me.

However, I didn't do anything while she attacked him, and I had a feeling that everyone had stopped, on both sides, to watch these two fought.

Snarls and growls filled the air around us, and each yelp of pain resonated through me because I had no idea who was yelping and why.

I couldn't tell who was winning while they fought because of the blood, small bits of loose fur, and dust that covered the two of them, blocking them from view. I couldn't tell until there was one final cry of pain, and Cass lifted her head to howl in victory before she tore through Camen's lifeless body mercilessly.

I watched in pure fascination and shock while she took all of her anger out on him, my heart pounding in my chest at a fast pace. I couldn't blink, couldn't move while I watched, my heart yearning to take her in my arms, but I stayed put as if under some trance, some sort of spell that I didn't understand.

"Cassandra," a voice boomed, resonating through the forest, breaking the spell that had fallen on us. The king stood tall and proud while he watched her. Power filled the air him, his presence commanding and intimidating. His gaze was solely on his daughter, and he scowled while she kept tearing the body into pieces and in ignored him. "Enough." His voice was firm, and that word was lower than the others; its order hanging in the air and ordering her to follow it.

Cass stopped tearing through the lifeless body that used to be Camen and looked at him with red and silver eyes, filled with unknown light and dangerous power. She clutched a leg in her jaws and broke it into two with a loud crunch before she let the pieces fall to her feet.

Someone gasped, but I paid them no heed while I watched the female before me. "Thank the Goddess," the person whispered. "It worked."

Slowly, without taking her gaze off of the king, she picked up the head of her ex-mate, still in prime condition, and limped towards him.

The Guardsmen around us shifted while she slowly walked forward with the head of Camen swinging back and forth in her jaws.

The king stood taller if that was possible and watched the female before him. His face was a mask, and he showed no emotion to her while he waited for her to do whatever.

The air around us grew thick while she slowly placed Camen's head on the ground before she groaned, fell on her side, and submitted, sticking a paw in the air, close to her adopted father.

Relief filled the old man's eyes, and a grin broke on his face. He shook his head at his daughter and ran a hand through her cream-colored fur caked with blood and dirt. "You had me worried, Cassandra Marie," he scolded. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Cass shrugged her shoulders and said something that made him chuckle. She closed her eyes and basked in his warmth, and I had this urge to go over there and brush a hand through her fur myself, but I didn't; I didn't move.

However, I shifted into human form, grateful that I had worn the pants the Guardsmen wore. "Cass?" I asked, breaking the moment between the two of them.

They both looked at me, and my heart broke when I saw what looked like fear flashed through her eyes.

Cass twisted onto her stomach and got up on all fours. She flicked her ears to the side of her head and lowered it, watching me.

I hesitated and took a step forward, praying that she wouldn't move.

However, my prayers weren't answered, and she quickly bounded away, not heading into the direction of the packhouse.

My heart broke, and I bowed my head in shame. I had scared her off, and I knew that she wouldn't come back for no matter what.

"Goddess," I whispered, moving a hand across my face. I felt tired, and all I wanted to do was go back to bed, but I had work to do. I had to get work done before I was allowed to take care of my own needs.

"Goddess," I whispered again, staring in the direction that she had bounded in. "Please have her forgive me. Please."

***

It had been a week since she had left, and I had no idea where she was. I had a feeling that she was with the Guardsmen. However, they wouldn't answer me when I asked but told me to wait. So, I would wait and pray for her to return.

I stared at the office door and waited for her to come back, praying every night that she would come back, but she didn't. She stayed away, and it was starting to take its toll on me. I had no idea what to do, what to think, and all that I knew was that I missed her.

I knew that I wasn't the only one. The whole pack missed her, especially her cousins and her son, the three of them not knowing if she would come back and get them or if she'd allow them to stay here. I didn't know that either, and I had no idea who to ask because I didn't even know if they knew.

"Come in," I grunted when I heard a knock on the door. I moved a hand through my greasy hair and tossed the pen that I had been using, trying to write a letter to her onto the table in front of me.

The door opened, and Zion entered the room before he closed the door behind him. He studied me with a cock in his head, reminding me so much of Cass that it wasn't funny. "You look like shit, Alpha," he said.

I scowled and moved a hand through my hair again. "Very funny, Zion," I said. I leaned back in my chair and studied the male before me. "Was there anything you needed from me or were you here just to comment about my appearance?"

He shrugged, and the way he shrugged reminded me of Cass.

Was it her? Could she be using that device she told me about to see me? What should I do?

Nothing. Play along. She did this for a reason.

"Why are you here?" I asked, leaning back in my seat and folding my arms across my chest.

"To check up on you," he replied. He studied me with a look in his eyes that reminded me of Cass. He raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

I sighed and shook my head. "Not good," I admitted. "I have questions that only she can answer me, but..." I shrugged and grimaced.

"Like?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What will happen to the kids?"

"They will still be here," he replied. "You need them here."

I hesitated but nodded. I was happy that she would allow them to stay. I did need them here, he was right about that. "What if they want to see her or talk to her?" I asked.

"Are you saying that she can't?" He raised an eyebrow.

I chuckled darkly and moved a hand across my face. "That would make me the asshole of the year." I shook my head, no. "I wouldn't do that to her or them."

He nodded and stayed silent.

"Will she come back?" I asked.

"Do you want her to come back?"

"Yes."

"Then she'll come back. You do have her heart."

I nodded. "And she has mine."

"So you will wait for her?"

"Forever if I have to."

"What if you find someone else?"

I shook my head. "There is no one else. There will never be anyone one else." Except for her.

Zion nodded his head. "I will let her know," he replied. He cleared his throat. "I have to get going. Is there anything else that you want her to know?"

Tell her that I love her. "Tell her that I said I hope to see her soon. I hope she stays safe with whatever she is doing. Also, no more Worbers." I gave him a pointed look.

Zion's lip flickered up. "I will let her know," he said. "You should get something to eat and take care of your needs. You don't want her to come back and force-feed you. Do you?"

If it means that I get to see her beautiful face, then yes. I shook my head. "No," I replied. I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "I will start taking care of my needs and the pack."

Zion nodded his head. "Good. The Guardsmen will be here for a couple of more days. I will be here until you don't need me any longer."

"Of course. Thank you, Zion."

Zion nodded his head again and then left, leaving me alone once more.

I sighed and leaned back in my seat and stared after him. I knew that it was Cass. I had no idea how I knew that it was, but I did. I didn't understand why she didn't come as herself, but I wasn't going to say anything.

Goddess keep her safe, I prayed, closing my eyes. Until we see each other again.

I had no idea what was to come between us, but I knew that something would happen once she was in my arms again. I didn't have much, but I had a glimmer of hope that she would come back.

That would be enough.

For now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690K 21.5K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...
2.5K 46 19
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETE! Book 1 in the Unwanted series ~SYNOPSIS ~ His blue eyes the most electrifying yet cold blue i have seen .Black curly hair my...
265K 5.9K 33
I was pined to the wall with his body pressed against mine. My hands were in his, held above my head and I could feel his hot breath on my neck... La...
1.2K 17 18
skylar storm...the next super alpha...son of alpha Darius storm .the cold one ...the mysterious one..... Blossom storm the alpha's daughter..badass a...