HIDDEN GEM

By namelessmystery

UNEDITED Mateo Romano|28 Neglected and bullied as a child, Mateo has hidden himself from the world. Despite... More

Characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue
Author's Note
Check out my other books
Current Cover

Chapter 1

11.8K 374 165
By namelessmystery

Sleep
And as she slept
She was like a moment of magic
Paused through time
@Stelle_poetry

Mateo

Come on, Eileen, oh I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
You in that dress, my thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty
Ah, come on, Eileen
Come on, Eileen
These people 'round here
Were beaten down, eyes sunk in smoke-dried face
They're resigned to what their fate is
But not us (no, never), no, not us (no, never)
We are far to young and clever
(Remember)
Too ra loo ra too ra loo rye aye
And you'll hum this tune forever

I sang along to the song as I woke up to the sounds of the birds chirping and the cool spring breeze.

The song brought me to my feet as I tidied up my bed and went to the bathroom to take care of the usual business. I went to go brush my teeth as I stared at the empty wall above the sink where a mirror should've been but I've made sure to throw away.

I didn't have any mirrors in my house or anything considered reflective other than some of my kitchen appliances. I make sure that I never have a chance to even glance at myself since I know that I'll just be disappointed by the image I see.

I quickly rid of the negative thoughts before my mind goes back to its dark place and head outside to the only living things I've learned to trust.

"Why hello, Eileen I see you have some gifts for me." I say as I carefully pick up some of the eggs that Eileen has laid.

"How about you Annie I see you also have some gifts for me." I go to pick up the rest of the eggs as I head over to my vegetable farm.

I pick some of the cherry tomatoes off their stem and put it along with the eggs. I've been craving some hash browns so I go over to where I grow my potatoes and pick up the stem to be met by beautifully grown potatoes.

There's not a lot of things I pride myself in but being able to live off of food that I've grown myself does make me proud. There's not a lot of people that can say that, well I wouldn't know exactly since I haven't had a conversation with a person in probably 5 years. For all I know, everybody grows their own food themselves by now. Unless you count the delivery man that comes here once a month then I haven't had proper human contact in a while. Even so, I don't think you can count one word as a conversation.

Content with the contents that are in my basket, I quickly make a stop to pick some strawberries for a nice smoothie.

I breathe in the nice fresh air before going back inside to start today's breakfast.

I put on a record on my state of the art turntable and begin cooking.

Annie, are you ok
Will you tell us that you're ok
There's a sign at the window
That he struck you
A crescendo, Annie
He came into your apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
Then you ran into the bedroom
You were struck down
It was your doom
Annie, are you okay, you okay, you okay, Annie?
You've been hit by
You've been struck by
A smooth criminal

If you haven't noticed then yes I did name both of my chickens after some of the songs I like. I didn't really have an idea of what to name them and it just so happened that I was listening to these songs.

I hum along to the song as I crack 3 eggs into a bowl and put some of the chopped cherry tomatoes in with some salt and pepper and put it into the hot pan. I leave that to cook as I get my blender out and put my washed and stemmed strawberries with some ice and blend it up till there were no big chunks.

Finally, I cut up some of the potatoes as I season them and put them in the oven.

After about 20 minutes of humming along to some MJ classics, I have prepared a hefty breakfast.

I go to shut the turntable off and place my breakfast in the living room table where I turn the channel to food network, a channel where I knew she wouldn't be at. A channel where your looks didn't matter and it was all about the food.

I pay attention to the chef talking on the channel and eat my breakfast as I forget about thoughts of her.

After a filling breakfast and getting dishes cleaned, I've decided to go on my daily walk.

Putting on some sweatpants with a white shirt. I made my way to the kitchen to fetch my water bottle and get ready to go on a walk, not bothering to lock the doors since there was no reason to since this whole forest is surrounded by a big fence where you'd have to be allowed entry by me to be let in.

It was a bit grand but I was not risking strangers coming in here. I think I'd have a heart attack.

I had a usual path that I went on during my walks but I felt a little bit adventurous today so I decided to take another path. Humming along as I stepped over fallen tree trunks and bushes, I spot a deer and as soon as it gazed my direction it made its way over to me.

"Hey Jude, I haven't seen you in a while. Here I brought some berries with me, you can have some." I took some berries out of its container and placed it flat on my palm as Jude happily munched on it.

After eating all the berries that I've packed, Jude started nudging me with her head. She went to walk forward and stopped when she saw that I didn't move from my spot.

She must want me to follow her. Getting what she was trying to say, I follow along and Jude kept looking back to see if I was keeping up.

After about 10 minutes of following Jude, we end up close to the fence. Too close for my liking. I haven't seen the fences in a long time since I've never walked this far out of the forest. Who knows if there isn't anyone there. The once white fence is now covered with vines and leaves and has faded.

I looked over at Jude as she started moving again and I hesitantly followed. I took a large intake of air at what I saw.

It was a person. How the hell did anyone find this place? I made sure that no one ever came near here without my permission and I sure don't remember letting anyone in nonetheless a woman. Why is she here? Who left her here? Who did this to her?

So many questions ran across my mind as I found myself finding it harder and harder to breathe each second. I felt like the walls were closing in on me even though I was in an open forest. I started heavily sweating. I was familiar with what was happening, I've had it happen to me many times. I'm having a panic attack.

I quickly opened my bottle of water and chugged some down, but that only made my breathing harder. Oh God, I have to think, I have to distract myself. Think of something else.

I'll sing. I can sing to make it go away. I couldn't think of a song to sing. Then I looked at Jude and then remembered where I got the name from.

Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better
Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better
And anytime you feel the pain
Hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool
Who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Na-na-na, na, na
Na-na-na, na

I found myself calming down the more I sang the song and eventually, my heartbeat went back to normal and I didn't feel nauseous anymore.

With all the courage I could muster I stepped closer to observe the body.

I felt my cheeks redden at the sudden realization that I was staring at a naked woman. This was the first time I have ever seen a woman and her private parts. It fascinated me so I unknowingly took a step closer.

I observed every curve and every inch of skin that she had. Every rise and fall of her chest I matched with mine. Her skin and hair looked so soft in contrast to the forest floor. My hands itched to touch her and feel what she felt like. Her eyes were closed and her rosy lips were parted, where you could hear the light sounds of her breathing. She was breathtaking.

I felt my sweatpants get tighter and I looked down confused as to why there was a sudden bulge begging to be let free. The only time that this has happened was when I watched old movies where the man and the woman looked like they were ravishing each other's bodies. I never understood what it was or what it meant and the first time that it happened I was scared for my life, thinking that I had some sort of disease, but I quickly found that taking a cold shower made it go away. But why am I getting this type of reaction from my body when I looked at her.

I reached for my water bottle which still had a good amount of cold water left. So I went behind a tree and pulled my pants down. When my dick sprung free. It felt very painful and hard and I wanted to just release the feeling. So I poured the remaining contents of the water bottle and thankfully it seemed to have gone down slightly but it was still a bit hard. I decided that I was gonna worry about it later as there was a much bigger problem at hand.

I still had a feeling of nervousness in the back of my mind but I quickly forgot about it as I looked at the sleeping figure.

She looks like she's cold, I have to bring her back to the house, but what if she wakes up? What if as soon as she opens her eyes and sees me she just laughs in my face. Like they did, as she did.

I shook my head and decided that I would do the right thing. I very warily stepped closer to her and with trembling hands, I picked her up and was surprised at how light she felt on my arms. Her skin was so soft. It was softer than I had imagined it to be.

As I started walking back to the house, I couldn't help but look down at her mounds which bounced at every step I took. I once again felt the tightening of my pants and knew that I'll be taking a very cold shower when we got back.

After carefully trudging around on the forest floor, we made it back to the house where both Annie and Eileen began to cluck loudly. Most likely from the fact that they weren't used to seeing any other person other than myself.

I hurried back inside before she woke up from their loud clucking. I didn't have any spare bedrooms and my couch was only for one person so I had no choice but to put her down on my own bed.

I gently laid her down and quickly covered her with the blanket since I found that I got very distracted from her body.

I pondered over what to do since I didn't really have anyone to ask. I looked down at my pants and saw that my dick was still hard. So I made it over to the shower to quickly get rid of it. While in the shower I thought about what to ask her once she woke up and even prepared answers to what she might ask me.

I left the shower once my dick went back to normal and put on some clothes. I peeped outside my bathroom door and heaved a sigh of relief once I saw that she was still sleeping, but my breathing started to quicken again once I saw she was starting to regain consciousness. She opens her eyes slowly only to close it again as she accommodated them to the light. She sat herself up when the cover went down which left her chest exposed which made my cheeks redden again.

She looked around the room and studied every single detail of it, which made me glad that I decided to tidy up yesterday.

Then her eyes met mine, which absolutely knocked the air out of my lungs. Her eyes were the same colour as the forest floor. Green and full of light.

I hesitantly walked to the foot of the bed never once looking away from her stunning eyes.

I've been preparing to ask her questions but I've seemed to have forgotten them all.

"H...Hi My n..name is Ma..Mateo w..what's yo..yours." I cursed myself for stuttering so much which probably made me look like a fool, now she'll really laugh at me.

"I don't know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 83.7K 55
Scars... Some are worn on the outside and read like a book, others are hidden on the inside, unseen but shape every fabric of our being. Alpha Chris...
1.8K 78 17
BOOK ONE Royal/Fantasy AU She/they pronouns Unlabeled sexuality but mainly likes anyone except men romantically Y/n a lonely fairy lives in the Flow...
105K 6K 40
Pearl Blankenship, an autistic investigative journalist, witnesses the end of the world. Before the nuclear fallout can kill her, a mysterious being...
89 27 11
(Updates every Saturday at 12:00 CST!) "If sticks and stones can break bones, what about that secret you're hiding? More like secrets and stones can...