The Bandom Book Of One-Shots...

By ComicallyAJ

Note from the author: I'm pretty sure I won't be updating the book anymore. If you want to read my better stu... More

Howdy!
America's Suitehearts (Fall Out Boy)
The Devil And His Angel (Panic! At the Disco)
Ghost-Friends (Twenty-One Pilots)
The Devil And His Angel- Part 2
...A Little More 'Bite Me.' (Fall Out Boy)
Turbulence (Waterparks)
๐•Š๐•ก๐•š๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ฅ'๐•ค ๐•‹๐•’๐•๐•– (IDK HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME)
Desert Days (My Chemical Romance)
Hogwarts AU (Multiple Bands)
Two Idiots And Their Pet Zombie (Waterparks)
๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐•‚๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐”ธ๐•Ÿ๐•• ๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐•‚๐•๐•–๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•  (Panic! At The Disco)
Can't Contol The Chaos (Twenty-One Pilots)
Order Up! (Multiple Bands)
๐”ฝ๐• ๐•๐•š๐•– ๐•’ ๐”ป๐•–๐•ฆ๐•ฉ (Fall Out Boy)
Badminton and Blushing (IDK HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME)
"Fuck You" In Flower (Fall Out Boy)
Tarot Card Trouble (Waterparks)
"Be My Boyfriend" In Bouquet (Fall Out Boy)
Veritaserum (Twenty-One Pilots)
Bat Shit (Fall Out Boy)
The Ritual (My Chemical Romance)
Eye for an Eye (Fall Out Boy)
A Lil A/N

Entomophile (Waterparks)

138 5 21
By ComicallyAJ

————

Noun:

Entomophile (plural entomophiles)
A person who likes insects.

Etymology:

From entomo- + -phile; hence literally "insect-loving".

Pre-Fandom Era.

Thank you all so much for 200+ reads. I never thought I'd get this far. I love you all! 💜

-Alex 🍭

————

Awsten had been one of those kids with a big bug picture book. He'd run around the play ground, pointing at the various insects he'd come across and finding their descriptions.

He'd find a collection of various rocks in the play ground, run out to the outskirts of the kick-ball field, and dig shallow holes.

He called these holes "bug condos." He even would find a few twigs to act as furniture before finding few leaves to act as a roof. The ladybugs, crickets and the occasional grasshopper always loved their new homes.

At least in Awsten's mind they did.

The teachers would scold him for his hole digging.

But Awsten never stopped.

Because Awsten loves bugs.

————

Flash forward a few years, and he's on a school field trip to the zoo.

Awsten couldn't fathom why the other fifth graders were so fascinated with the lions or rhinos or monkeys.

It's not like they were awake anyways.

But the second the chaperone wasn't looking, he darted off to the bug den.

He watched in awe as a praying mantis bowed to him. Vibrant green body, jagged front legs. Of course, he bowed back.

He moved on to a glass chamber of... cockroaches?

These roaches looked different from the ones he could normally find on the school grounds. They were bigger, redder... cooler. A plaque below the chamber labeled these guys as Madagascar hissing cockroaches. Apparently, they are some of the biggest roaches in the world. And they hiss? Awesome!

Awsten snapped a picture with his disposable camera.

That's when Awsten saw it.

The butterfly house.

One large room with dozens of different tropical plants.

And dozens of different species of butterflies.

Awsten made grabby hands for the door, he almost made it.

Almost.

A set of warm hands landed on his shoulders. They spun him around, revealing the chaperone of his group.

"There you are, Awsten! Try not to wonder off next time, okay sweetie?"

Awsten understood that his lady was in charge of him and was only trying to keep him safe, but that didn't make this any less of an inconvenience.

"I just want to see the butterflies," Awsten said with a whine.

The lady looked up to the glass doors, beyond them what looked like a mini rainforest.

She smiled sympathetically at Awsten. "Alright then. Another chaperone is watching the rest of the group. They didn't want to see all the bugs..." The lady cringed at the sight of the swarming cockroaches. "But since you're obviously so thrilled by them, I'll let you see the butterflies. How's that sound?"

"Sweet! Let's go!"

Awsten was in such a hurry, that he didn't realize that he dropped his camera. The chaperone picked it up for him.

He threw open the door to the butterfly house, in awe as he watched the polychromatic insects flutter about the exhibit.

Delicate.

Symmetrical.

Beautiful.

A butterfly fluttered down to a branch level to Awsten' head.

He stuck out a hand, hoping the blue winged insect would realize his admiration for it.

It did.

The butterfly crawled onto his finger, not phased when Awsten brought his hand closer to look at the little creature better. He couldn't stop himself from grinning. He cupped it in his hand.

Click!

Awsten looked to his right right to see the chaperone aiming his disposable camera at him and the butterfly.

The butterfly seemed to notice the photography taking place, because it hopped out of Awsten's hands and flapped up to land lightly on his nose. It was almost like it was posing for the camera.

"Oooooh that is just adorable!" The chaperone said as she snapped another picture.

Awsten and the chaperone stayed in the butterfly house for a few more minutes before they had to return to the group.

But Awsten was content now.

Because Awsten loves bug.

————

"Awsten, can you please not leave Spike on my guitar?" Geoff asked irritably.

Awsten walked into the room to scoop up his rhino beetle into his hands. "There there, Spike. Geoff didn't mean it." Awsten ran a finger along Spike's smooth exoskeleton.

"Look, I'm sorry Spike. That was a bit harsh."

Awsten directed his ear towards the rhino beetle as if allowing it to whisper in his ear. "Spike says he accepts your apology. He wants you to give him a back rub."

Geoff's eyes widened. "I don't know about that, Awsie."

"He's harmless, Geoff. I'd tell you if he wasn't."

"You literally tried to make me hold your tarantula last week."

"Quinn just wanted to spend time with her Uncle Geoff!"

"That could be Rita Skeeter in animagus form."

"Now you're just being ridiculous, Hermione."

"Giving a beetle a back rub is riddikulus."

"You're stalling. Also, I think I know what your boggart is."

Geoff sighed in reluctance. "Fine. Give me the damn beetle."

Awsten held out his hands for Geoff to take Spike. He gently pushed the beetle off of his hand and into Geoff's. He shivered as the beetle inched closer. "It's okay, Geoff. You got 'em."

Geoff weakly nodded his head as Spike stepped onto his fingers. He twitched at the touch of the beetle's feet. Spike crawled onto his hand fully.

"Now give him a back rub," Awsten said softly.

Geoff raised a shaky finger and hesitantly rested it on Spike's back. He expected the bug to scurry away at his touch, but he didn't. He just sat there, seemingly unaware of the fear Geoff was radiating.

Geoff lightly ran his finger along Spike's sleek shell.

Spike turned towards Geoff as if wondering who was giving him attention. He then turned away from him to expose his shell further to the human rubbing it.

"See? He totally loves you!" Awsten said excitedly.

Geoff chuckled, loosening up. "Do you like that, Spikey?" he asked softly.

Watching Geoff assimilate with his prized beetle filled Awsten with a strange sense of joy. He felt like a proud mom whenever their child mentions a new friend at the dinner table. (In his case, his "new friend" was always a new bug he'd brought home. He once brought a stink bug home. His mom wasn't as proud about that one.)

But regardless, watching a friend get over a mild fear of insects made his heart soar.

Because Awsten loves bugs.

————

Awsten and Otto were out on the porch.

"Curse all these damn mosquitoes," Otto growled as he swatted at the blood sucking pests. The beer in his hand sloshed in the bottle as he slapped his arm. He pulled his hand away to see a squashed, but still twitching mosquito and a small splatter of blood.

"Hey Awsten. You love bugs so much, what's your opinion on mosquitoes?"

Awsten, who was fanning gnats away from his face, turned to Otto. "I admire them from a distance. They're like vampires! How fucking cool is that?"

"I mean, I guess they're cooler from that prospective." Otto took a sip of beer as he moved a hand down to scratch a bite. "But they're still annoying as hell."

"That's discrimination." Awsten said. "But I guess you're kinda right." He looked up to see a flying insect with long legs zip into the vicinity.

Otto followed Awsten's gaze. "Maybe the mosquito-eater will have mercy on us."

"That name is inaccurate. Crane flies don't actually eat mosquitoes. They only occasionally incorporate mosquito larvae into their diet."

"What eats mosquitoes then?"

"You know most of them. Bats, dragonflies, mosquitofish... and spiders."

"I think you mean devil spawn."

Awsten faked an offended gasp. "How would Quinn react if she heard her Uncle Otto speak so negatively of her?!"

Awsten and Otto laughed together on the porch as they were eaten alive by mosquitoes.

But he cared less than the typical person.

Because Awsten loves bugs.

————

Awsten, Geoff and Otto sat on the couch in their touring bus watching the TLC channel. My Strange Addictions to be exact.

"Why the hell would someone be addicted to being stung by a bee?" Otto said, exasperated.

"Because bitches be crazy," Awsten responded.

"Promise me one thing, Awsie," Geoff said. "You've done a good job with the last one. I haven't woken up to a bug on me in a while."

"You have no idea how tempting it's been."

"Geez, now I can rest easy. But seriously, promise me you won't purposely sting yourself with bees."

Awsten's eyes widened. "I'd never! If you think I'd purposely sting myself, killing the bee in the process, then you are wrong."

Geoff put his hands up defensively. "I know, I was just checking."

"Now wasps on the other hand..."

Otto held his head in his hands. "No, please don't."

Awsten busted out laughing. "Kidding! Just kidding. I may be bug crazy but that shit still hurts."

"That's a relief," Geoff said as he turned his attention back to the TV.

Awsten thought back to his first negative encounter with a bee.

As a kindergartener, like any other kid his age, he was gullible.

Extremely gullible.

"Go save the bee from the spider web, Awsten!" the all knowing second grader said.

Naturally, Awsten saved the bee.

The bee didn't appreciate the help.

You can figure out the rest, I'm sure.

Yes, the bee sting hurt like a bitch. It always does, no matter how old you are. It's a given that anything yellow and black will not hesitate to put you in your place. Bees, wasps, yellow jackets, hornets, the list goes on.

Big smelly human: None.

Yellow and black bitchy flying insect: Infinity.

But Awsten could appreciate any creature, no matter what color it was.

Because Awsten loves bugs.

————

Awsten stared out the window, awestruck.

Because there, hovering in the yard, were fireflies.

It wasn't pitch black outside, the sun really only went down in the last half hour. Twilight.

But that was more than enough darkness to see the bioluminescent wonders.

Geoff watched as the lightening bugs captivated all of Awsten's attention. He smiled as he made his way to the kitchen, plan in mind to surprise him.

He went digging in the cabinets until his eyes landed on a mason jar. He grabbed it.

Geoff moved to the drawer next, pulling out a small, but sharp knife.

With the knife in his hand, he punctured the lid of the jar, creating a few small holes. He sealed the jar before hiding it behind his back and approaching Awsten.

"Whatcha lookin' at?"

"The fireflies. There's so many of them this time of year."

"Why don't you catch a few?" Geoff pulled the jar from behind his back and displayed it to Awsten.

Awsten grinned at the gesture. He took the jar from Geoff's hands before planting a kiss on his cheek. "Thanks, Clover."

Geoff hummed in satisfaction before he grinned as well. "Just be sure to let them go when you go to bed."

Awsten threw open the front door and took off into the yard, giggling nonstop.

Otto soon approached the window. He chuckled as Awsten ran towards a firefly, only for its light to go out, causing him to lose it. "That'll keep him entertained for a while."

"Indeed... bedroom?"

"No Bug-Boy this time?"

"Nah, let him have his fun while we have ours. Besides, I feel like I barely know you."

Otto hummed in contemplation. "It's tempting."

"But?"

"Do I really wanna be sore tomorrow?"

"Ibuprofen exists for a reason."

"Easy for you to say. You don't bottom."

"Fair enough."

Otto still looked apprehensive. He finally caved. "Just go easy."

"Your wish is my command. Now let's go!" Geoff pecked Otto's lips as he snatched Otto's wrist and pulled him down the hallway to his bedroom.

Spoiler alert: Geoff didn't go easy.

At all.

Plot twist: Otto didn't want it easy.

At all.

So when Awsten reentered the house to hear some very suspicious noises and Otto say something along the lines of "Stop teasing me, you fucker," he didn't question it.

In fact, he laughed.

It's about damn time those two spent some time together without him there.

Though the moans weren't gonna be fun to listen to.

After setting his jar of fireflies on the coffee table, he retrieved his headphones, turned the volume up and pressed play. He decided to scroll around a bit on instagram as he stretched his legs out on the couch.

A while later, Awsten pulled one end of his headphones away to hear if Geoff and Otto were done.

He got his answer when a very loud moan from Otto sounded through the house.

After snapping his headphones back onto his ears, he grabbed the jar to release the fireflies.

He opened the front door and unscrewed the lid, allowing the bugs to fly free. Awsten grinned as the creatures hovered up and away, their bellies glowing a soft yellow.

Awsten soon returned to the couch. This time, he scrolled through twitter.

Why the fuck did Spotify feel Destroya by My Chemical Romance was an appropriate song for this setting?

Awsten didn't press skip.

XO by Fall Out Boy came on next.

Then Lying is the most fun yada yada yada by Panic! At The Disco.

What devilish playlist did Awsten tap on?

Awsten wasn't sure when he fell asleep. He did know however, that falling asleep on the couch, in your clothes is a big no no. He stretched, his knees popping in the process.

"Hey, Bug-Boy."

Awsten opened his eyes to see sun light shining through the window. Geoff was leaning over the couch, looking down at him. He bent down to kiss his nose. "We weren't too loud, were we?"

"Define loud," Awsten croaked. He looked over at Otto, who took a seat on the couch. He winced. "Sounded like he fucked you good."

"It certainly feels like it, shit."

Geoff snickered from above before he stalked off to the kitchen. He returned to the couch with a water bottle and ibuprofen. "Your meds, as promised."

Otto opened the tablets and tapped three into his hand. He took a swig of water and washed them down.

"Aren't you only supposed to be taking two of those per dosage?" Awsten asked.

"Believe me, if you were in my shoes, you'd be taking an extra pill or two, too."

Again, Geoff snickered. "Oh how I love being a top."

Awsten popped his shoulder. "Why? So you can be even more of a pain in the ass than usual?"

Otto laughed at Awsten's quip as Geoff rolled his eyes. "I don't hear you begging to top."

"Yeah, about that..." Awsten trailed off as he moved his gaze to Otto. He leaned over to kiss at a hickey left by none other than Geoff. "You're all mine tomorrow night, Jellybean. Let's see just how loud you can get."

Otto's face flushed red as Geoff smirked. Awsten ignored their reactions and went to fix himself a bowl of Frootloops.

Awsten didn't mind that Geoff and Otto had a night of fun with out them.

The fireflies kept him company.

Because Awsten loves bugs.

————

Awsten stared at the ants in his ant farm.

Tonight was quiet.

Too quiet.

So quiet, Awsten swore he could hear each individual ant scurrying about in their tunnels.

Let's make a little noise.

Awsten lifted the lid of his ant farm and allowed a few to crawl onto his hand before shutting it again.

The sensation the black insects caused was a strange one. The tickling of their tiny feet on the ridges of his finger pads sent a deep shiver through his body to one area in particular.

So what if Awsten had an ant fetish?

It wasn't that bad. An ant couldn't magically make him horny if he wasn't already in the mood.

They were just a little boost. That's all.

He chuckled out a soft moan as an ant tickled the skin between his fingers. A tent was growing in his jeans.

"Oh Geoff, Otto," Awsten called. He tried to stifle another moan, but an ant was running across his knuckles. "The ants seem to have found a way out of the farm. Could you help me round them up?"

Two sets of foot steps came walking down the hall. Indistinguishable chatter was heard outside the door. It was Geoff who poked his head through the door first.

Geoff eyed Awsten, who was sprawled out on the bed, mouth open as he mewled. "Hurry, you two. The ants are crawling away," Awsten said.

Geoff smirked. "Not a false alarm, Otto. Get your ass in here."

Geoff grabbed Otto's wrist before pulling him into the room. Their lips connected soon after. In said kiss, Geoff pulled off Otto's beanie and ran his fingers through his long, wavy hair.

"Why do you two get to have all the—" an ant crawled under the sleeve of Awsten's shirt and up his arm. He moaned softly. "fun?"

Geoff rolled his eyes. "Keep him busy while I put the ants away."

Otto did just that, sitting on the edge of the bed, connecting his lips to Awsten's collar bone. Meanwhile, Geoff was delicately pushing each ant into his hand before nudging them in the ant farm.

When Geoff put all the ants he could find away, he turned back to the two on the bed.

Awsten was a moaning mess. The ant that had run up his shirt sleeve was crawling up his neck. He rubbed his thighs together for friction.

Otto sat back and watched in awe, feeling pressure build in his jeans.

"Should I put the last one back?"  Otto asked.

"And miss out on this?" Geoff gestured to Awsten, who was writhing in the bed sheets as the ant crawled across his cheek. He was kicking off his jeans with a smile on his face. Geoff began to take off his shirt. "Fuck no."

Needless to say, each member of Waterparks enjoyed themselves immensely that night.

In the morning, Awsten woke up first. Geoff can snore very loudly sometimes. His head was laying back on Geoff's shoulder. Otto's head was on his chest.

He felt something tickling his forehead. Awsten moved a tired hand up to sweep what ever was there off.

Awsten pulled his hand back to see the ant from last night clinging to his ring finger.

Speaking of hand, two red bumps were on it.

Ant bites.

Awsten didn't blame them, though. He, Geoff and Otto probably scarred their little ant eyes for life.

Otto rustled on his chest. He lifted his head up to look Awsten in the eyes before grinning and moving his head into the crook of his neck.

"We should put more ants on your face next time," Otto whispered.

"Was it really that much better last night?"

Otto nodded. "Best its been in a while."

"Not sure if that insults my sex game or compliments my ants. But thanks."

Next to them, Geoff was still snoring, the noise seeming to reverberate in their ears, making it even louder.

Otto leaned over Awsten and pinched Geoff's nose. A few seconds passed before he sputtered awake, Awsten and Otto's giggling being the first thing he heard.

Geoff lazily swatted away Otto's hand before he muttered a "Fuck you, Jellybean."

"You sounded like a chain saw over there. We didn't have a choice," Otto said.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Geoff rolled over and kissed Awsten's forehead. "You're never not using ants ever again."

"You know, I don't need ants just to get off."

"Oh yeah?" Geoff moved his head down to kiss at a hickey on Awsten's neck. "Prove it, Bug-Boy."

Yup, Geoff definitely went there.

Awsten's gotta prove a point.

Geoff was able to draw a soft moan out of Awsten. "Fuck, Clover..."

Otto reached up to retrieve the ant from Awsten's hand.

Awsten lifted his head up. "You joining us, Jellybean?"

"How could I not?" Otto said excitedly. Awsten shifted to sit up against the head board. Otto cupped Awsten's face and pressed his lips to his, allowing him to lead. Geoff continued nibbling on his neck.

So yeah, no ants to give him his little boost this time.

But that was fine.

Because Awsten still loves bugs.

————

The boys met up with Jawn later that day to look at the pictures taken from the concert the night before.

When they were getting ready to leave. Jawn couldn't help but notice the red, angry looking mark on Awsten's neck.

"Um, dude," Jawn said with a chuckle. "Is that a hickey?"

Geoff and Otto, who were behind Jawn, smirked over his shoulder.

"Hickey? No, this thing here is from some damn bug that bit me in my sleep last night."

Jawn sighed. "To be fair, you constantly tell us to not squash spiders we find indoors. Maybe you should get it checked out."

"Yeah, probably." Awsten walked past Jawn and out the door, Geoff and Otto tailing along behind him.

"Just curious, what type of bug do you think bit you?" Geoff asked, a bit of lust dripping from his voice.

Awsten chuckled. "Oh you know, just a couple of lovebugs."

"These lovebugs, sure sound like some real pests," Otto said, playing along.

"They are," Awsten hummed. He looked back at Geoff and Otto as they walked along the side walk. He couldn't help but smile.

Those ladybugs he caught when he was young must be finally rubbing off on him.

How else would he have gotten so lucky?

While Awsten loves bugs of all shapes, shades and sizes, he loved music and the things it can do even more.

He especially loved the two lovebugs that so willingly marked him.

He'd gladly let them bite again.

————

Word Count: 3657

I know this one got weird, but I liked it. As a kid I thought some bugs were pretty cool. Except spiders. I was a borderline arachnophobe at one point. I hope a ladybug lands on you today for good luck. Bye! 🐞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.5K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
582K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
244K 6K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
471K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc