Knowing The Cold Heart (Book...

By MFSevyMF

I will bring you to book 2 of my story. And a question for you. Will this story have a happy end? Will Duyon... More

Chapter 1 'Paper Note'
Chapter 2 'White Blood'
Chapter 3 'Roads Have To Been Taken'
Chapter 4 'Never Say I Didn't Warn You'
Chapter 5 'On Our Side?'
Chapter 6 'Get To Know Me First'
Chapter 7 'Talk To The Face'
Chapter 8 'The Next Step'
Chapter 9 'We Play The Game Of Insane'
Chapter 10 'Meet The Demon'
Chapter 11 'Together We Fall'
Chapter 12 'How To Kill Us'
Chapter 13 'Price To Pay'
Chapter 14 'Fire And Blood'
Chapter 15 'Your Not Mine Anymore'
Chapter 16 'A Whole Other Me'
Chapter 17 'Dangerous Promise'
Chapter 18 'We Danced With Monsters'
Chapter 19 'Slowly Getting Worse'
Chapter 21 'I Fell Back Again'
Chapter 22 'Change in me'
Chapter 23 ' I've Lost You'
Chapter 24 'I Would Do Everything For You'
Chapter 25 'I'm Sorry My Love'
Chapter 26 'Enough Is Enough'
Chapter 27 'Can We'
Chapter 28 'You're Not Alone Anymore'
Chapter 29 'Darkness Is Hitting Hard'
Chapter 30 'Who Are You?'
Chapter 31 'Can We Move On?'
Chapter 32 'Who The Hell Is That?'
Chapter 33 'By Your Side'

Chapter 20 'Leaving You Behind'

127 6 12
By MFSevyMF

It's not what you are, it's what you don't become that hurts -

(Picture above is Ren)

A time jump of four months later...

Blaze's POV

I came back from court. I can't believe she was cheating on me while being pregnant with someone's child. I thought I was the dad but I did a DNA test because Keith told me she was already with someone. The test results came back, and I indeed wasn't the father.

I took her to court because she forced me to pay child support even when I don't have money to support myself. I didn't have to pay money for a child that isn't mine. So I sued her and I won some money out of it. It was enough to pay her dad back but not enough to pay her back.

She threatened me when we parted ways after the lawsuit ended. I have two months to pay her the 1 million back that she sponsored in those three years. If I don't pay her back then she said that I will be sued by her. I know if she decided to do that then I will lose the lawsuit and go to prison.

I am currently still living in Duyon's house. I didn't tell Keith about it because I know he will kick me out if he ever finds out.

Duyon's POV

I hugged him close to me. 'Fuck!' I whispered when I noticed my tears falling on my cheeks. It was finally his day to be released. I'm happy for him.

'Don't cry' He said when he saw my tears. 'I will visit you. Don't worry' He said before whipping my tears off with his finger. 'I know. But look at how much you have grown' I said before looking at the clothes Keith brought him. I never saw him in normal clothes because we always wore white pants and shirt all the time.

He had a denim skinny jeans on with a black t-shirt and black leather jacket. 'You look nice' I said before looking at his black dr. martens boots. ' You did this for me' He said with a smile. 'Take care of yourself and if you need something you can always ask Keith or me' I said.

He grabbed his suitcase with all the things he made in here. 'See you!' He said before walking out the room. I walked up to the door. I watched how he walked through the hallway until he was out of my sight.

I went inside the room and closed the door. All his stuff where gone, it felt empty here.

Ren's POV

I was in the backseat of the car. Keith was taking me to Duyon's house. I felt nervous without Duyon. Keith introduced himself a week ago when he visited me at the mental hospital. He told me that if I needed something I would always be welcome.

I stared out the window. I was afraid that the house would be small for both of us. He told me that if he was released that we'll be living together at his house. 'Is the house small?' I asked Keith who was riding. He glanced at me into the front mirror before smiling. 'Anything but small' He said. 'He designed the house and built it with some help. But he did almost everything' He said with a smile. 'Wow, that's cool. He really is creative if he designed his own house' I said.

I remembered one day he was working on something all day. He refused to let me see what he was doing until he was done. At the middle of the night, he woke me up. 'Look, at what I made' He told me with a smile before bringing me to his desk. He made a mansion with a big front and backyard out of cardboard and colored paper. It was beautiful because he did everything alone. He told me that he wanted to build it one day if he's out the mental hospital. That was one of his dreams.

'We're here' Keith said before parking his car. We stepped outside the car. 'That's it' He pointed to a big Villa on the hill of Tokyo. 'Is that his?' I asked in shock before following him on the pathway. 'Yes, that's now your home' He said with a smile before stopping in front of the Villa.

I never through it was a Villa. He never told me. How can I stay here without him?

'Don't be nervous. He trusts you enough to give you the keys' He said before taking the key from his pocket. I grabbed the keys from his hand before opening the front gate. We went inside, the front yard was beautiful. You could see that someone didn't leave here for a long time. The flowers and plants grew a lot and it was hiding some of the decorations he had on the grass. I need to cut the plants and clean the garden.

I opened the front door. 'It isn't locked' I said before stepping inside. Keith looked at the shoes that were on the floor, he frowned. ' Wait here' He grabbed a gun from his pocket. 'What's the matter?' I asked him in a worried tone. 'Someone is here' He said before slowly walking to the other door. I listened closely and I indeed heard some noise coming from the other room.

Without thinking I followed Keith. He was already in the living room, pointing his gun at nobody. He walked to the kitchen before stopping in his tracks. 'What the fuck are you doing here?' He screamed in an angry tone before putting his gun away. I ran next to him, there was a man sitting by the big kitchen table behind his laptop, next to the device were four cans of beer.

I didn't know what to do. The man looked at Keith before looking at me with a hard expression on his face. He stood up from his seat before walking up to us. He was big but at the same time skinny not too skinny but you could see that he wasn't eating too well. He had dark circles around his eyes.

'I am asking you again. Why are you in Duyon's house?' Keith asked him in a hard tone. It looked like he knew the man. 'You know I don't have a place to go. I am staying here because I'm waiting for Duyon to come back' The man said in a serious tone. His voice was deep.

'What are you doing here?' The man asked Keith who was still looking at him with an angry expression. 'Duyon sent me here to bring someone over' He said in a hard tone. The man looked at me. 'Who is he?' He asked Keith. 'I am Duyon's friend' I said while looking at him. He frowned before looking back at Keith. 'You know Duyon doesn't have friends. He isn't like that' The man said. Now I frowned. 'Excuse me!? He's my best friend for the last four years and we have a close relationship with each other' I said in a hard tone while looking at his angry expression.

'What do you mean?! four years' He asked me in a hard tone. 'So you know where he is?' He asked me. I looked at Keith in confusion, he saw my expression. 'That's enough, Blaze' He said.

'Are you Duyon's exboyfriend?' I asked him in a hard tone. Was this the guy that gave Duyon pain? He turned his head to me with a confused expression written on his face. 'Yes, he is' Keith said.

We all were all sitting on the couch in the living room. Keith was angry and I didn't know what to do with the situation. It isn't my home, I can't say anything. 'I can't kick you out of this house because it isn't mine. I know that Duyon wouldn't want that to happen' Keith said.

He looked at me. 'Can I call him around this time?' He asked me. I nodded. 'Until 6 a.m' I replied back. 'Why are you asking him if you can call him?' He asked Keith. Keith ignored him and took his phone out of his pocket.

'No, nothing happened to Ren. I happened to find Blaze in your house. Shut I kick him out?' Keith asked through the phone. 'No, he doesn't have a place to stay and the money' He replied back. I looked at Blaze who was nervously playing with his fingers. He was afraid to be kicked out. I don't know what it was but I hated this guy when I heard he was Blaze. He was the only one who triggered Duyon's mental state.

'Here, he wants to talk to you' Keith said before giving his phone. 'I'm sorry that you had to experience that. If it's okay with you, can he stay? I can't kick him out if he hasn't money to go somewhere else' He said. Even after all of this, he still cares about him.

'Of course' I said in a normal tone. I didn't want him to notice how upset I was. 'You can stay in the guestroom' He said. I looked at Blaze who was listening closely at our conversation. 'I will see you soon' I said with a smile looking at his annoyed expression. 'I'll wait. I love you, Ren. Please be careful and if something is bothering you, call me' He said in a serious tone. It was the second time he said he loved me. I know it isn't the love I have for him but hearing him say it, gives me hope somehow. ' I love you too' I said with a smile. He stood up from his seat with an angry expression on.

'You can stay' I said after hanging up the phone before giving it back to Keith. 'I'll go to the guestroom' I said before standing up.

After Keith left he went to smoke outside. I made a sandwich before going upstairs to my room. Luckily for me, I brought my colored pencils with me. I opened my suitcase, I looked at the black box. Doyon wanted to throw all the letters away, he wrote for three years straight. But I told him that it was important to have them. It was his therapy and if he reads them back, he can see how much he'd changed.

I heard a knock on my door before it opened. 'I am sorry for being rude' He said before coming inside the room. I stood up and put the black box into my suitcase before closing it. He had a confused expression before walking up to me. ' I searched for Duyon for the last four years. I need him right now' He said in a hopeless tone. I looked at him. Why did Duyon fall for this guy? He wasn't ugly but his appearance was awful. He smelled of cigarettes and alcohol.

'I am not going to tell you where he is' I said in a serious tone. I can't believe it. If Duyon is released from the mental hospital, he has to come and see him. Will he be okay?

'Please tell me' He pleaded. I shook my head. 'No' I said. 'What is your relationship with him?' He asked me. I smiled before taking a seat by the desk. 'He's someone I care about. I already told you he's my best friend' I said.

'Fuck!' He said in an angry tone before storming out the room. I didn't feel safe in here. I wanted to leave but I couldn't.

Duyon's POV

I was stitching some leather patterns on the sewing machine. I was working in a factory with three patients. The two staff members exited the room because they needed to bring some glue and wood for Lay and Kay. Those two patients were the one I have beaten up one year ago because they attacked me. This was the first time I worked together with them in the same room. I was watching them closely because I had a weird feeling they were up to something.

'Can you help me with the threading of the machine' Kay asked me with a smile. I stood up and followed him to his sewing machine. I sat on his seat looking at the machine. 'Everything is good' I said with suspicion. He gave me a half-smile before putting his arm on my shoulders while I was still sitting. Because of this, I couldn't see Lay anymore. 'Don't touch me' I said in a hard tone. I looked at the door.

'Why is he closing the door?' I asked Kay who was looking at Lay locking the door from inside. Without a chance for me to escape, I was hit by a flatiron to my head. I felt to the ground with Kay looking down at me. I grabbed my side of my head, it was bleeding. Luckily the iron wasn't on because I won't be only bleeding.

I felt lightheaded because of the hit. Lay had still the flatiron in his hands. He walked up to the other patient who was looking scared. 'Don't touch her' I screamed. She was only seventeen and still a kid, those two assholes were adults.

'Let's play' Lay said to the girl before grabbing her by her collar. I tried to stand up but it was difficult. 'Oh. You're still awake' He said before kicking me in the stomach. 'Look at the blood' He said before touching the wound on my head. His hand was full of my blood. 'I like the face you are making' He said before licking the blood off his hand. He really was mentally ill. Why the fuck are they into ward one when their still this insane?

'Talk bitch!' Lay screamed before slapping the little girl on the cheek. She began to cry. 'Dude, she's mute' Kay said before looking down at me again. He grabbed something out of his pocket. 'You really did us dirty. Coming to kill us when we were asleep' He said before sitting on my stomach. I tried to push him off me but he held one of my arms down. 'You've changed. But I will bring the old you back' He said before taking the syringe to my neck. 'What are you doing?' I screamed when I saw the white liquid in the syringe.

He laughed. 'I already told you. I am bringing the old you back' He said before putting the needle into my neck. I looked at the girl who was crying. He began to take her clothes off. 'Don't fucking touch her!' I screamed before pushing Kay off me. I began to run to the little girl. Lay stood up before grabbing the flatiron from the ground. 'You'll never leave this place' He said with a grin.

I charged at him. 'Run!' I screamed at the girl. She stood up before listening to me. 'Not so fast!' Kay said before grabbing the girl by the waist. The little girl was in her bra and short pants. They are planning to rape her. I turned my back at Lay in order to run to the girl. But this was my biggest mistake because he hit me again with the flatiron on the head. I fell hard on the ground.

The two staff members were banging on the door. They left the keys inside and now they couldn't come in. I closed my eyes. I was getting dizzier and I fell the blood dripping on my face and clothes. He opened my mouth with his hands before shoving some pills in me. I tried to spit the pills out but he forcefully shoved his fingers in my mouth, I swallowed the pills. I tried to cough but put his hand on my mouth. I couldn't breathe anymore.

I tried to shake him off me but he was still above me laughing. 'You will die' He laughed before taking something out his pocket. It was the same syringe as Kay. He put the needle in my arm.

I could hear more people by the door screaming. He finally stood up from me before walking to Kay. 'Let the girl go. It's too late' He said before walking to the door and opening it.

My eyes closed and my hearing was getting worse. I felt sick and lightheaded. I was seeing white before everything went dark.

(Picture above is Duyon)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96K 3.5K 16
The story revolves around the character from the series 2 moon - Forth and Beam. Forth and Beam have been in a relationship. It started with crush t...
641K 36K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...
3K 74 21
How does someone fall out of love and then fall back in love with another person in just the span of two weeks? Ask George, he did it. **** WARNING...
49.1K 3.9K 28
"You are and always have been my whole world." He started by answering his first question, looking at the blanket he was covered by. He will speak th...