Battle Network: Rebooted

By echoranger7

Tari warps into the gaming world of Ultra Jump Mania. She meets Theo, the main protagonist, and the two make... More

OC: Fugikoto Ni Haturatsu
Viruses
Episode 1: Wrong Warp
Opening/Endings
Episode 3: Legendary Heroes
Episode 4: Bad Split
Episode 5: Resurrection
Episode 6: Sequence Break
Special: Tari's Live Stream
Episode 7: Amibot
Members of The Guardian Code
Episode 8: Game Plan
Episode 9: Project Lancer
Episode 10: No Clip
Episode 11: Old Foe
Episode 12: One Shot
Episode 13: The Missing Piece
Episode 14: Honor
Episode 15: The Run
Episode 16: Unlikely Alliance
Episode 17: Shutdown
Episode 18/Final: Farewells
Special: Fast Food Fight
Finish

Episode 2: Out of Bounds

264 4 5
By echoranger7

Back inside the game, Tari was holding her forehead after being hit by a coconut shell. 

Coconut Boy: You're not gonna take my island, evil boss!

He charges at her, throwing his coconut shell on the sandy beach for a boost jump up. He grabbed hold of his shell and was about to strike.

Tari: Wait, wait! No! I'm not a boss! I'm not a boss!

Coconut Boy: Huh? *falls* Oof! That's something a boss would say!

He was about to throw before Tari stopped him.

Tari: Stop, stop with that coconut! I- I'm a human! Like you... see?

Coconut Boy: Hmm....

She smiles awkwardly, trying to prove that she wasn't a boss.

Coconut Boy: Mmmmm... Okay. What are you doing on my island?

Tari: I was thinking you could help me figure that one out. I was playing this video game literally moments ago. Next thing I know, I see a bright flash and now I'm here. 

Coconut Boy: Sounds like you died.

Tari: Uh... yeah.... 

Coconut Boy: Well if you're not here to kill me. *jumps on a rock* Welcome to Simple Flip Island! I am Theo, KING OF ALL THE LANDS!

Sadly his introduction interrupted as he fell face first into the sand.

Tari: Nice to meet you, Theo, King of all the Lands. I'm Tari.

Theo: Tari, huh? You look like a Larry.

Awkward silence happened between them. Just standing there.

Theo: Okay bye. 

Tari: Wait, what?! 

Theo started to walk away, humming to himself.

Tari: Kid, hold on! 

Theo was jumping and running through the level, dodging all obstacles that were in the way which includes rolling boulders and jabbing spike pits. Meanwhile Tari tries to catch up with him.

Tari: HEY, THEO! HAS ANYONE ELSE FROM SILICA CITY EVER VISITED?!

Theo: Silica City?! Is that a secret level?!

Theo continues to run through the many traps that were ahead of him. Tari barely dodged a swinging axe and falling into a spike pit. When she got pass the traps, she saw Theo waving then jumping over the wall.

Tari: You do know you're in a video game, right kid?

Theo: Yep. Sure do.

Tari: *sighs* Has my life always been this crazy?

Theo: Yo! You coming?

Tari: Ah! Yes! *stops* Um... Theo! There's no way I could jump that high!

Theo: Course you can! You just gotta believe! 

Tari: Huh?

Theo: Believe, Tari!  BELIEVE!!

The same holographic screen appears again and shows her how to preform the jump.

Tari: Ah! Again?!

Theo: Tari, hurry up! Tari, hurry up! Hurry Tari! 

Tari runs and jumps high above the wall and lands.

Tari: WOW! That was amazing! 

Theo: See and you didn't even die.

Tari: You know... For a kid, you talk about death a lot.

Theo: *chuckles* Yeah, I die a lot.

Tari: Riiiiigggghhtt... Anyway I need to find a way out of here. Where are you heading to? 

Theo: Oh, I just need to get to the goalpost so I could get to the next level. And the goalpost should be-- yep, there it is! 

They look up and saw the goalpost at the end of the level. Tari gulped upon seeing how far it was. 

Tari: Why would you want to go and do that? 

Theo pulls out a tomato from his pocket. The tomato was old and had a long white beard. 

Theo: The ancient Elder Tomato told me to do it. 

Elder Tomato: Long ago, in the land of Simple Flip Island lived three-

Tari: How long will this go for? 

Theo: About an hour.

Tari looks at the goalpost then gets an idea.

Tari: Oh. The-Theo, I think I saw some monsters trying to steal the goalpost. 

Theo: *gasps* Oh no they don't! Let's go beat them to it! Crackerjack!

Tari: *sighs*

Theo: Hey! *grabs Tari's arm* LET'S A GO!

Meanwhile back at the TasCorp super store, customers were walking out the door as it closes.

Belle: That's right. Sorry folks. Store close early tonight. Get out! C'mon.

Male Customer: But I wanted to buy a Gamer Duck!

Belle: Yeah. We'll still be here tomorrow, buddy. Bye-bye. *walks in* Alright Lux! Store's been evacuated! Just you, the scientists, and the girl now! That's probably the creepiest thing I've ever said.

She headed back to the arena when the TasCorp Bot jumpscared her.

TasCorp Bot: Um, excuse me ma'am?

Belle: AH! *punches bot* Ugh, it's just you. Don't creep up on me like that, dude. 

TasCorp Bot: Yep. So sorry, ma'am. I couldn't help but notice you've evacuated everyone out of the store. What would you like me to do now?

Belle: *sighs* Just... go stand in that corner over there and face the wall or something.

TasCorp Bot: Roger that, ma'am!

As she continues heading back a commercial plays on screen, playing the clip back when she won against the Meta Runner, Luicina. Seeing this got her angry.

Belle: OI! Why is this ancient arts commercial still playing?! 

TasCorp Bot: I-I... Uh... I-I-I....

Belle: It's over a year old! Get rid of it! 

TasCorp Bot: Yes boss!

Belle storms back to the arena after letting out a frustrating sigh. 

TasCorp Bot: Hehe. I think she likes me.

Back inside the game, Theo and Tari continued to traverse through the level until they made it to the final section of the level.

Theo: Hey, Beach Bot. Can we get pass?

Beach Bot: Greetings friends! Please find the key to pass! Or you could buy a $9.95 expansion DLC available at your nearest gaming shop!

Theo: Aw man. Okay...

Theo took out his wallet, but Tari soon found a way to get passed the gate thanks to the holographic screen.

She runs and jumps on the robot's head, landing on one of the poles. Soon finding a glitch in the form of an invisible platform. 

Beach Bot: Hey friend! Please don't exploit fast collision like that!

Tari jumps over the gate then opens the door with a press of a button. Theo runs in and was surprised by her skills.

Theo: Where'd you learn that? 

Tari: I don't know. It was just... a feeling. 

Theo: Huh. I thought those funny shoes would make it impossible for you to jump. 

Tari: Hey! Leave my socks and sandals alone! I think they're cool. 

She then heard a noise coming from behind. Three enemies (Palmtree Monsters) appeared and were looking for a fight. Tari got into a fighting stance, but only broke hurt her hand after punching one directly.

The Palmtree Monster dropped a coconut bomb as Tari dives out of the way of the explosion.

Theo: Tari...? What are you doing?

Tari: *mumbles* I'm fighting the bad guys. 

Theo: Oh! Well non comical violence is looked down upon for any E-Rated game.

He threw his coconut shell at one of the monsters as it poofs away.

Theo: Here use this instead.

He hands her a pineapple hammer which works way more better than her fists.

More enemies spawn in and surrounds them. Back at the arena, Lux and his scientists continued to investigate Tari's sudden transport.

Lux: Fascinating. 

Belle: This is a lot of effort just for one transcended chick, Lux. 

Lux: Yes. Yes it is, but can you imagine what technology like this could do for Tascorp?

Belle: Lux, I don't know about you but most people don't need some janky VR to play video games. 

Lux: You know, they said the same thing when I invented the Meta Runner arm and now you can't even make a name for yourself without one. This is the future now and it's literally within our grasp. Or would you rather... those parasites at Lucid Gaming get their hands on this or maybe those Neanderthals at EVO Tech.

Belle: HELL NO! If you think this is the future then I'm gonna be the one leading it. 

Lux: That's what I thought. 

Their attention turns to one of the scientists connecting a game console with a copy of Ultra Jump Mania into the screen.

Lux: Ah, it's all set up. Well then... Let's begin.

Back inside the game, Tari and Theo were facing off the swarm of enemies in front of them.

Tari: Uh... Theo... I don't think we could fight this many. 

Theo: Sure we can! WHO'S READY TO DIE!!!

Tari: Theo! Seriously! We should run!

Theo: Naw, that's lame!

Theo  charged in as some Palmtree Monsters were running towards her. The two fought them off until they were all defeated.

Tari: WE DID IT! WE ACTUALLY DID IT!!!!

Theo: See you don't suck at all!

The two hi-five each other, but suddenly the game started to glitch. 

Anti-Theo/Lux: My, my. Isn't this interesting?

The two turned around to see another Theo, but in a red color scheme and evil grin.

Theo: Whoa... It's me... Hi me! Are you my Spanish cousin? Hola.

Tari: Who are you? What's going on?

Anti-Theo/Lux: Oh, I'm just someone that cares very much for you. You see I'm a very curious man and what happened here had piqued my curiosity. 

Theo: A man? No... You're a boy like me.

Anti-Theo/Lux: What is really interesting is that you, Tari. You seem to have consciously entered the game yourself which brings to ask how on earth did you do it?

Tari: I don't know. I-It just happened.

Anti-Theo/Lux: Well then... Let me help you figure it out. You see this here. What you have done is a gift and at my company TasCorp, we are all about nurturing the gifted.

Tari: So... Can you hel-

She felt a severe pain on her left arm.

Tari: MY ARM! IT BURNS!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!!

Inside the arena, TasCorp scientists were sawing off her cybernetic arm.

Anti-Theo/Lux: Why we're helping you. 

Tari: No, no! Stop! It hurts so much! 

Anti-Theo/Lux: Pain is just an obstacle to greatness, Tari. What you have could change the world. 

Tari continued to feel the pain coursing through her left arm. Theo tried to attack the copy, but only faze through as it was a hologram.

Anti-Theo/Lux: Just bare with us, Tari. This will be over shortly.

Tari's body from outside the game started to have blue energy course through her. 

Lux: How remarkable.

Belle: Lux, something's wrong. I-I think that's enough!

Lux: ENOUGH! Do you see what we're discovering here? I'll say when it's enough!

Tari continued to feel pain until suddenly everything went black. She no longer felt pain. Theo stood just as confuse and scared as she was.

Tari: W-What? W-Where am I?

Theo: Tari...

???: So it begins....

She turns and see a man in a black cloak

standing there with no motion.

Tari: W-Who are you?

???: Your path is now set in motion... Now stand tied. 

Tari: Huh?

???: The road to your destiny is for the taking.... perhaps you are the one who'll awake him from his slumber. If you're willing to end our world's aching.

Tari: I don't understand? Awake who? What destiny?

???: To free him from darkness, the key must be found. 

The mysterious hooded figure disappears into darkness. 

Tari: Hey! Wait!

Theo: What does he mean by, 'The key must be found'?

Tari: I don't know, Theo.

A bright light shined as a keyhole appears on a doorway

Theo: I guess that's what the key is for?

Tari: I guess so.

Her arm started to glow as the door starts to open. A bright light burst around them and the arena outside. Tari and Theo opened their eyes to find themselves back at Simple Flip Island only to find it destroyed. Debris flying everywhere, strong winds blowing pass, and a huge chunk of the land was floating above an empty void of red and black

Theo: Whoa! What is this place?!

Tari: I think... this is the island.

Theo: No! What happened?

From the black shadows near them, different kinds of enemies emerged.

Theo: Take this vile villains!

He threw his coconut, but it had no effect against these new monsters.

Tari and Theo were surrounded when a bright pink orb flew in front of them. Back in the real world, the screen showed what was happeneing. Lux held his hand as the console turned black.

Lux: What is this?!

TasCorp Scientist: Sir, we detect large amount of Dark Codes from inside the game! 

Lux: What?!

Belle: The Fallen?

Lux: No doubt.

A pink orb of energy 

flew in front of Tari's body. It appears to be scanning her.

Orb: Identity scan confirm. Now commencing ReBoot Program. 

The orb injected itself into her cybernetic arm as it glows a bright blue light.

Orb: Activating next generation guardian.

Tari felt a surge of energy through her body as armor started to appear all over her. 

Tari: What is this?

Theo: Whoa Tari.

The holographic screen appeared again only this time its accompanied by an unfamiliar voice.

Orb: Guardian. Your mission has commenced. 

Tari: Wait. Who are you?

T-AI: I am the Tactical Artifical Intelligence also known as T-AI. 

One of the unknown enemies jumps at her as Tari blocks her face with her arms.

T-AI: Now initiating defense protocol.

Two blue energy blades appeared in Tari's hands as it slashed the enemy into data. Tari looked at her new weapons with astonishment.

Tari: How did they-

T-AI: Now is not the time. Look out!

Tari dodges an attack from the block-like worm and slashes it. She hands on of the blades to Theo as the two fought them off until they all disappeared.

Theo: We did it! That was so cool Tari! How did you do all of that?!

Tari: I don't know?

T-AI: Warning! Virus detected!

Tari: Virus?

Theo: Uhhhhh.... Tari.

The two now faced a massive entity 

floating above the bottomless void below.

Theo: I guess he's the boss, who did this to my island!

The entity swatted Theo across the ground, knocking him unconscious.

Tari: Theo!

The virus disappeared into data as strong winds were sucking Tari and the now awakened Theo. The two held onto a tree for dear life, but were sucked into the black skies above.

A burst of blue energy knocked everyone in the arena down. The console blew up with the game cartridge destroyed.

Tari woke up to find herself back in the real world with Theo standing right next to her. This surprised her, but then everyone took notice to another figure on the ground.

The body of a young man laid there glitching. He was in some kind of blue and yellow armor with a gun in hand. 

TasCorp Scientist: That cannot be...

Belle: That's...

Lux: MegaMan.EXE.

Tari: W-Who?

TasCorp Scientist: Sir... According to these readings...

He's still alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 32 10
In the SMG4 universe Prof. Egadd really wanted to understand what made Tari tick. So the docter made a machine to do just that. When when it goes wro...
2.3K 36 12
"He is going to spark a flame within you that I will take and coach into an inferno of greatness!" Meggy and the crew had finally made it to the town...
3.7K 43 20
Ever wondered what happened to the clones of Infinite and Crystal after Blizzard kicked them into that portal? Then here's the answer... After travel...
1.4K 65 41
In Nihon, technology is growing and evolving rapidly! The internet is connecting everyone and everything to each other! Music is also a growing part...