Project Ugly// l.h au

By loosends

In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her frien... More

Project Ugly// Luke Hemmings au
0.1// Chemistry
0.2// Luck
0.3// Delivery
0.4// Nerves
0.5// Or Nah
0.6// Lucas
0.7// Angel
0.8// Friendly
0.9// Intoxicated
1.0// The Morning After
1.1// Complications
1.2// Vices and Virtues
1.3// Confessions
1.4// Advice
1.5// Slip Ups
1.6// Temporary Bliss
1.7// Revealed
1.9// Stay
2.0// Sugar We're Going Down
2.1// Control
2.2// Pancakes
2.3// Dinner
Please Read!!!!!!
2.4// Prompose
2.5// Prom
2.6// Teenage Drama Queen
2.7// Girl That You Love
2.8// Deadly Conversation
2.9// Holy
3.0// Coming Down
3.1// Strange Love
3.2// She's My Winona
// Character Ask //
// Q&A //
3.3// Life's Not Out to Get You
3.4// Mileage
Epilogue

1.8// Don't Wanna Be Your Friend I Wanna Kiss Your Neck

13.2K 426 398
By loosends

Melody stared at Ashton incredulously. This had to be some type of joke, right? Time to roll out the punk'd crew with Ashton Kutcher. After minutes of getting her thoughts together she looked to Ashton again.

"You're serious?" She asked.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"So how does he not realize it's me?" Melody squeaked.

"He's an idiot? I don't know," Ashton sighed. He had known that Melody was the girl from the party from the second he saw her with Luke. He almost thought that Luke had finally grown a pair and talked to her because of the major crush he had on her last year, but that apparently was not the case.

"What do we do?" Mel questioned. She had no idea how Luke would even take this. She wanted to keep her and Ashton kissing a secret, but now this added another layer to the problem.

"We don't tell him for now," Ashton spoke, "let me figure it out first, okay?"

Melody nodded, "I'm gonna go back in there, so it's not suspicious or something."

"Right, I'll be at my locker. Later," he waved and walked the opposite way that Melody was headed.

Melody was not the best at keeping secrets, and acting nonchalant about things so she didn't know how long she could keep this charade up for. She wished Ashton had never told her, now things were so much more complex.

Melody sat in her seat next to Luke, and he put his hand on her thigh this time. She felt her cheeks heat up, and she put her hand on top of his to insure that it would stay right in its place. She ran her thumb across his rough knuckles that seemed to always be a light pink color. When she looked over at him, he was looking down at their hands with a tiny smile playing on his lips.

Melody felt actual pain in her chest, she never wanted to hurt this boy. Underneath his cocky asshole exterior, he was a huge softy that loved cuddling and neck kisses. He was fiercely competitive with Ashton, and now she knew the reason why. She also now knew the reason that he was so wary of Ashton and her being together. Ashton had kind of stolen the girl Luke liked, and he just didn't want it to happen again.

"You're quiet again, what are you thinking about?" Luke asked, locking the fingers of their hands together.

"Nothing, do you have work today?" She asked, changing the subject quickly.

"Nope," he answered, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Can we hang out?" Mel asked, shyly. She was never one for making plans, she waited for her friends to ask her to do something.

"Yeah, can we go to mine though? My mum's been complaining that I'm not around enough," Luke snorted.

"Yeah, okay," she smiled.

"We're left out of the plans again!" Nikki groaned loudly, which caused the everyone at the table to laugh.

"Might be a good thing," Michael shrugged.

Luke laughed and dipped his head so his lips were on Mel's neck. Her eyes went wide and she looked around the table at her friend's who looked just as shocked as she was. Luke pressed a chaste kiss to the crook of her neck and looked back at Michael.

"Would that make you too uncomfortable?" He grinned.

"Don't make me gag, Lucas," Michael scoffed.

Melody rolled her eyes at both of the boys. The bell rang, signalling the end of lunch. Everyone in the cafeteria always made a mad dash to exit, but Mel and her friends stayed behind for a bit. What was the point of trying to fight your way through a sea of people?

Luke walked Melody to her next class, as usual.

"I'll meet you at your locker later," Luke smiled and placed the hand at the small of Melody's back.

"Yeah, okay," she nodded and turned to face Luke.

He kissed the tip of her nose, and walked away swiftly before she could say anything. Luke didn't want her to tell him to stop these little displays of affection, so walking away before she said anything was his way around it. Having actual feelings for a girl was new to him, and he just wanted to show her that he cared.

His brothers would make fun of him for being "whipped" but he knew they would ultimately understand and be happy for him. Would Melody be the girl to keep Luke tied down? The more he thought about it, the more terrifying the thought was.

Giving someone else full control of your heart was no joke because a heart is a fragile thing. He had no clue what it felt like to be heartbroken, and finding out how it felt wasn't exactly on his agenda. As much as Luke didn't want to admit it, Melody had him wrapped around her finger. She had some weird power over him that no other girl he had been with before had.

Luke was trying to take his daily nap now. He was in social studies, and truthfully he didn't really care about the French Revolution or the British Empire. The teacher seemed to understand Luke's disinterest in the class so he was left alone for the most part.

The girl that sat next to him was someone he hooked up with when he wasn't talking to Melody. To be quite honest, this girl slightly resembled Mel. She was just a bit shorter and this girl's eyes were dark brown instead of green. Luke was convinced that she actually thought that he was interested in her. She would sigh loudly, and "accidentally" bump her arm against his to try to get Luke's attention. She was being more annoying than usual today, and Luke was done with it.

He lifted his head off of his desk and glared at her, only to be met by an innocent smile.

"What?" Luke groaned.

"You haven't talked to me since last week," she pouted.

"We never really talked," Luke answered with a roll of his eyes.

"Yeah, I was just wondering if you maybe..." she trailed off and took her bottom lip between her teeth.

"No," Luke blurted. He didn't know the exact question she was trying to ask him but he assumed she was either asking for sex or a date, and the answer to both was a definite no.

"Oh," she frowned, "I guess if you ever change your mind-"

"Thanks but no thanks," Luke snorted, cutting her off completely.

He put his head down on his desk again to indicate that this conversation was over. Luke's heart was pumping at an abnormally fast pace. He'd just declined a girl asking him for sex. Any idea of him napping was now long gone. He whipped out his phone and scrolled through his text messages until he found his and Michael's last conversation.

To: Mikey
I JUST SAID NO TO SEX

To: Mikey
WHO AM I WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

To: Mikey
ANSWER ME I'M HAVING A CRISIS YOU SHIT HEAD

To: Puke Hemmings
Calm down why would you tell Mel you wouldn't have sex with her I'm confused

To: Mikey
It wasn't Mel who asked

To: Puke Hemmings
Well that's the reason why????????

To: Mikey
I'm scared

The final bell of the day rang, and Luke shoved his phone back in his pocket. He raced to his locker and shoved all his notebooks in, homework was not to be done at home. Homework was to be done before the class it was for.

After he was finished at his locker he walked to Mel's, she was still organizing what she was taking home and what she was putting in her locker.

"Need help?" Luke asked when he reached her.

"Can you just hold this?" Melody asked handing him a text book before he could even answer.

"Yes, Mel, of course I'll hold your books," he teased.

"Shut up," she laughed taking the textbook from his arms and stuffing it into her backpack. She closed her and smiled up at Luke. "So, your house?"

"Yep," he nodded and laced his fingers through hers as they started walking without even thinking about it. "Are you gonna let me drive your car?"

Melody let out a loud laugh, and shook her head. "When pigs fly, Lucas."

"You're ridiculous, I won't crash it," Luke whined.

"But you could scratch, it dent it, pop a tire, take off a mirror, or something," Melody explained.

Luke giggled as he bumped his shoulder into her.

"You have a cute giggle, Lucas," Melody told him, and bumped him with her shoulder in return.

"I don't giggle," Luke muttered.

"Sure, and I don't love pizza," she said sarcastically.

"Melody Healey, you will be the death of me," he sighed.

"Could say the same thing about you," Melody mumbled quietly to herself as Luke walked around to the passenger side of her car. "Turn the music on," she instructed Luke as she backed out of her parking space.

Luke obliged and pressed he CD button because he remembered her saying how much she hated the radio. Luke didn't recognize the song but he heard Melody humming along to it.

"Who is this?" He asked during the chorus.

"Panic at the Disco!" Melody screeched, looking over to Luke in disgust for a split second.

"I only know like two songs by them, I'm sorry!" Luke tried defending himself.

"Well now you know three, this is Lying Is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off," she informed him. She assumed Luke only knew I Write Sins Not Tragedies and Miss Jackson because those were played on the radio sometimes.

"That is an unnecessarily long song title."

"It is very much necessary to describe the song," Melody bit back. To be fair this was her favorite song by Panic.

Luke held up his hands to surrender, and squealed like a pig at the next song that played through the speakers.

"R U Mine," Luke squeaked. Melody glanced sideways at him, he was smiling wildly and tapping his fingers on his thigh. "Melody, I'm starting to think your music taste is almost as good as mine."

"Why almost?" She questioned.

"I haven't heard any Slipknot yet," Luke replied.

Melody shook her head, "not my kind of music."

"Have you listened to them?" Luke cried, how couldn't she like Slipknot?

"Yes, I've listened."

"Disappointed in you," Luke pouted.

Melody didn't reply because she was busy concentrating on parking her car. She had to be close enough to the curb so no one could ding the side of her precious baby. She pushed the mirror in as well, no risks were taken with her car. Her parents had made it perfectly clear that she needed to be responsible with the car to keep it, and she took that very seriously.

"Mum's home, it's her day off," Luke informed Melody as they walked up the steps to his porch.

He pushed his key into the doorknob and wiggled it around a bit until the door was unlocked and open. Melody saw Liz sitting on the couch, and smiled warmly at her as she walked in.

"Melody! How have you been, honey?" Liz asked, turning the volume of the TV down.

"Mum you're acting like you haven't seen her in months," Luke scoffed.

Mel smacked Luke's arm with the back of her hand. "I've been good, how are you?" She asked walking into the living room so she could talk to Liz.

Luke sighed loudly and stomped into the kitchen to find himself a snack. He settled on a bag of pretzels and walked into the living room where his mum and Mel were talking.

"You always steal her from me," Luke complained to his mother.

"Oh, please. I only get to talk to her for ten minutes and then you drag her off to your dungeon of a room," Liz sighed.
"It was nice chatting, I hope Luke brings you around more often."

Luke smiled and gripped Melody's arm to lead her into his room.

"Nice seeing you Liz!" Melody called from down the hall since Luke was dragging her away at lightning speed.

"Wanted to leave before Ben and Jack saw you," Luke said sprawling out on his bed.

Melody walked over to Luke's bed as well, and place a leg on either side of his body so she was straddling his waist. Luke brought his lip ring between his teeth and brought his hands to rest on her hips. She ran his nails down his clothed chest and watched as he tensed as her fingers got closer to the top of his black skinny jeans.

"Melody," Luke growled, squeezing his eyes shut.

She looked at him innocently, and gripped onto his arms as he sat up suddenly. He moved one of his hands to her thigh and the other was on the back of her neck. Luke swiftly connected their lips, and ran his hand further up Mel's thigh causing her to gasp slightly. He took this as he chance to run his tongue lightly against hers.

Her hands moved from the back of his neck and shoulder to being tangled in his hair. She pulled on the tousled blonde strands, and Luke moaned into her mouth. Luke pulled away to pepper kisses down Melody's jaw and neck. Just to get a reaction out of him, Mel tugged at his hair again. An animalistic noise emitted from the back of his throat.

"Fuck, Mel," he hissed. "I should be making you moan."

Melody let out a quiet whimper as the words left his mouth. Luke tugged at the bottom of her sweatshirt, and she nodded to him to take it off. She had a tank top underneath it, which Luke was a little disappointed about, but he could work with it. 

He pressed his lips to hers again, it was all teeth and tongue. It was a kiss that left them both panting, and desperately gripping at each other's bodies. As Luke grazed his teeth down Melody's neck she could feel his hot short breaths on her neck, and it was driving her crazy. Luke pressed open mouthed kisses to her collarbones, and realized this was where she liked to be kissed because of how she was gripping his hair tighter. He looked up at her, she had her bottom lip between her teeth and eyes screwed shut.

"Melody, I want to hear you," Luke mumbled against her skin.

Luke chose a spot to work on and sucked on it particularly hard, and there was the sound Luke had been waiting for. It wasn't loud, but it was a small sound of pleasure. She'd eventually be screaming for him, but Luke was willing to wait for that.

Luke pulled back from Melody and grinned at her. Her cheeks were red, and her lips were swollen and red from the amount of kissing they had just done.

"You look so good, babe," Luke praised her, and reached his hand up to her mouth so he could run his thumb across her bottom lip.

"How many more of these am I going to be getting, Lucas?" She laughed, glancing down at the new purple bruises scattered across her collar bones.

"As many as you want, baby," he smirked.

"Can we cuddle without you trying to suck my neck off or is that going to be a problem?" Melody giggled.

Luke shook his head, and quickly made space for Melody to lay next to him. She nuzzled into his side, the warmth radiating from his body was calming. He twisted a piece of her hair between his fingers, and held her tighter with his free arm.

"I think I really like you Luke," she whispered, scared of his reaction. 

"I think I really like you too, Mel."

-----------------------------------

Yay, super cute towards the end. EXCITING THINGS ARE HAPPENING YAY. BUT LIKE LUKE WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE TO THAT GIRL IN CLASS ALL SHE WANTED WAS TO DO THE DO!!!!!!!!!!!! But like imagine Luke moaning your name HAHA BYE!!!!!!! 1975 lyric as the title because it's so relevant?????? 

Okay I would make this a long authors note but I need to shower because AHS is on in half an hour so yeah! TWISTY THE CLOWN IS A BABE I'M SO HEART EYES EMOJI OVER HIM. 

also i'm seeing neck deep and real friends next month if any of you care or know who they are i'm super excited yay me

-Amanda

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 124 103
8.1K 153 16
When a teenager's parents divorce, she moves to Australia with her mother while her twin sister and little brother live with her father, whom she hat...
1.2K 117 19