The Dark Fairy (Young Justice...

Por Ivy_Widows

Okay before I talk about me being bad ass, you need to know how this happened and why. The answer is pretty s... Mais

Chapter 1: I Met Dumbledore (EDITED)
Chapter 2: Wings And An Oversized Hoodie (EDITED)
Chapter 3: Meeting The Bat (EDITED)
Chapter 4: Lasagna And Tears (EDITED)
Chapter 5: Take Me Out (EDITED)
Chapter 6: Elsa Needs Friends (EDITED)
Chapter 7: I Smacked Olaf (EDITED)
Chapter 8: Wally's Aim Sucks (EDITED)
Chapter 9: I Will Telepathically Slap You (EDITED)
Chapter 10: Dynamic Duo Caves (EDITED)
Chapter 11: I'm A Special Little Snowflake (EDITED)
Chapter 12: Post Death Threat (EDITED)
Chapter 13: Me And Captain Marvell Playing Charades
Chapter 14: How Bad Ass This Feels
Chapter 15: I Am A Good Friend
Chapter 16: Tea Cups In A Clock
Chapter 17: Exploding Christmas Roses
Chapter 18: April Ball
Chapter 19: Me, Dumbledore And Poker
Chapter 20: A Chance
Chapter 21: Life, Death And Ki-Wait What?!
Chapter 22: Wally Nay Nay
Chapter 23: Choking On Pizza
Chapter 24: Barbara Knows
Chapter 25: Aqualad And Cake
Chapter 26: What? I Read Too.
Chapter 27: Apparently Wally Knows Literature
Chapter 28: That Wasn't So Bad
Chapter 30: Ass Hat Of An Uncle
Chapter 31: Irony Oh Irony
So... Um.. I Got Tagged...
Chapter 32: Soooo...
Chapter 33: Good Talk Dad
Chapter 34: We Really Are Weird
Chapter 35: Aerated Diabetes
Chapter 36: Yeah Pretty Much
Chapter 37: Dora The Exterminator
Chapter 38: Throwing Blades Like Pokémon
Chapter 39: Why Can't I Mind My Own Business?
Chapter 40: Shut Up Mariposa

Chapter 29: Shit's About To Go Down~Barbara Gordon

725 24 20
Por Ivy_Widows

The picture above was drawn my me and if you guys were wondering, I use the app Sketch to draw all of my art and it is amazing.

There’s no doubt in my mind that the government should consider school a form of torture. I love learning, but the fact is I already know all of the things they’re teaching at the academy, on a very detailed level.

The worst part is the academy started noticing that I was getting board and pushed me up a couple of years. All my classes with my friends are years behind me so I can barely get to see them. My whole schedule is different!

At least I can start applying to vet school in the next couple of months. Apparently every university is able to take me after seeing my credentials. Being super smart, athletic and the daughter of a billionaire tends to draw in those vultures. The only problem is that most of the schools I want to go to are really far from here.

Turns out, since I can only work in about two years, I could probably get my medical degree and even apply for a PhD. I could even go further after my masters. Silvalia knows the team needs a  proper medical professional out in the field.

My plan so far is to go into my medical degree and work from there and become meta-human based doctor. It seems a bit far fetched, but with the recent outbreak, that field is rapidly increasing.

After all of the doctoral stuff is done I plan to finally go into my dream of being a vet. I want to get specialized in an area for mutations and treatments for them. Sort of like animals like Wolf.

It may seem like a lot but you’d be surprised how quickly I can get all that done if I take simultaneous lessons. I already know everything, I just have to write the exams and preform the practical to get it done. Plus I have a lot of time to kill while I’m in a different country to study.

Once I had gotten the application returns from the universities I had a long talk with Dick. I wouldn’t be able to see him very often and neither of us are very keen on that aspect of this. My dad was also a little upset, saying he would barely see me. But like I said, I’m still choosing.

Not only is that aspect daunting, but I still have to worry if all of this is pointless. If the Heathens attack, I won’t really have a future.

I’m stressed to the point of tearing down the gym at the cave. Not only do I have to solve a riddle about an ancient fairy weapon, keep people from finding out about Deen, go on regular missions, train, go to my Dad’s public events and keep up a barely living social life, I also have to deal with choosing my future and finishing my pointless homework! It’s just too much!

I’ve barely gotten any sleep, and I’m always exhausted. The only thing keeping me sane at this point is Dick and my family. Without them, I probably would have turned to the Dark side a long time ago, and trust me when I say that would be very bad.

I sighed as I walked into my calculus, and sat next to a girl with blue eyes and blonde hair. I smiled her way and started a conversation with her.

“Hey Malory, how was your weekend?” I asked.

“Oh, hi April, It was great, Nathan and I grabbed a couple of smoothies and headed out to the fair and I pretty much did nothing Sunday.” She said.

I always liked talking to Malory. She was a very sweet girl and despite the fact that she could already drink alcohol legally, being years older than me, we got along really well. Her boyfriend, Nathan, also seemed really nice from what I heard.

He was in Bludhaven, studying his first year so she didn’t see him much, it was good to hear she got to spend some time with him. I shut my trap as Mr. Bell entered the room. The rest of the students had immediately gone silent and gone to their desks quitely.

I know that sounds abnormal for high-school students, but Mr. Bell was probably the only teacher I have ever met that gained our respect. I know it seems impossible, but Mr. Bell is the best teacher ever.

That was one of the things I liked about moving up, I had a chance of actually having a nice teacher. He was so engaging and his punishments were always amusing.

You guys ever heard of the Indian apology? Let’s pair that with push ups and drinking a bottle of Tabasco sauce and you get pure fear and respect. The guy was also really nice and always taught really well. Not that I needed teaching, but I found it fucking hilarious when the snarky guy who usually sat in the corner got his ass handed to him.

The best part?

Right after that, he dabbed.

Now I have known many teachers in my time, but only once have I seen a teacher willingly dab. Mr. Bell in short, was considered a bad ass.

I was sitting at my desk, not really listening when suddenly nearly everybody around me fizzled out of existence. My eyes widened and I, along with a few other students left behind searched the room with wide eyes.

“What the fuck just happened?” I asked after a couple of seconds. All of the other students looked at me surprised and I just rolled my eyes, “Yes I swore, get over it.”

I got up and in a rush opened the door. I looked down the hall, only to see more confused students wondering from their classrooms. I didn’t see any staff or teachers so I can only assume they had disappeared. Suddenly things started heating up and the children started going hysterical and panicked. Thinking fast, I ran into the teachers room and grappled the loud speaker from Mrs. Griselda and ran into the hall.

“Calm down bitches!” I yelled loudly into the speaker and suddenly everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I breathed out, trying to calm myself down. I had shouted the most surprising thing I could to get their attention and I guess it worked.

“Alright, before all of you lose your shit again, I’m going to tell you what’s going to happen.” I said and no one objected. All of these kids were so scared, I’m guessing they’d listen to anything.

“All seniors, lead the juniors to the cafeteria. Seniors, hold up your hand to signify your location.” I said. I lifted my own hand and about twenty five others did too. Odd, I thought there was more than that.

“Now juniors, slowly, without pushing,” I glared, “Make your way to the seniors closest to you. These will be your supervisors till all of this is sorted out. Seniors, learn who each of your kids are and take care of them with your life. Now, any questions?” No hands were raised and the directions I ordered were followed.

I jumped down from the chair I had climbed on to gain height to see about twenty kids had gathered around me, seeing as I was a senior. I told them to stay where they were and went into the teachers room, getting as many clipboards as I could. I handed them to all of the seniors before bringing back my loud speakers.

“On these clipboards, write all the names of your juniors. I want you take register at least every two hours and report to me that everyone is there. If one of your juniors is missing calmly come to me. Now everybody head to the cafeteria in your groups. Do not worry, we will figure this out.” I jumped back down and took my group of kids to the cafeteria.

My phone rang out and I answered immediately, “Hey Dick.”

“Hey! We need you at the cave ASAP” I heard from over the phone.

“I’ll get there as soon as I can, but right now I’m trying to control a school from going into anarchy. Also, what is happening?! ” I practically yelled.

“All the adults are gone.” He said and I blinked in surprise.

“That actually explains a lot.” I said.

“Yeah, but that means  the leagues out and kids are left alone. We’re going to send out a video conference in a bit, but for now try and get stuff under control. Love ya!” He yelled.

A small stressed but happy smile spread across my face and I replied, “Love ya too!” And hanged up.

Barbara was in my group coincidentally and came up to me with a worried look. She put a hand on my shoulder.

“Was that Dick?” she asked and I nodded. A sudden tug at my skirt made me look down to see a girl with silky black hair she seemed to be one of the sophomores. We were already in the cafeteria so I decided to take their names.

“Why Hello there.” I said “What’s your name?” I asked. She seemed to be around 11-12, meaning she was probably bumped up a few grades like me.

“Camy, but my friends call me Hobbit.” She said. I blinked in surprise and had to refrain myself from laughing or making a comment.

“What can I call you?” I asked.

“Hobbit. I’ve grown used to it” she shrugged. She didn’t really seem her age, almost as if it was a teenager in a girl’s body. Cool, she was interesting. After this I really need to get to know her.

Great, now a Dumbledore and a Hobbit. Now the only thing to make my life complete is to find a little green man named Yoda (Wait till she meets Garfield)

I carried on till I had Everyone’s name. My favorite was still Hobbit. Who wouldn’t like that name? It’s awesome. I decided that it was time everybody knew the situation we were in and what was going down.

“Alright everyone, I just got the news of what is happening, and before I tell you, do not freak out or so help me I will throw a lunch tray at you.” I glared at the crowd and they all gave frightened nods.

“Alright, I have no easy way to say this, so I’m just going to say it. All adults, AKA people eighteen and up, are gone. Now all the kids have been left behind.” I said and held my breath. Luckily the only thing that happened was a nervous stir among the crowd.

I spoke up again, “As much as I would enjoy all of us to just stay here till our younger heroes sort this out, not every kid was lucky enough to be in a controlled situation like we were. Do I have any volunteers for going out and finding kids who are alone out in Gotham?”

I was relieved when about fifty hands shot into the air and I did too, knowing this would be my chance to get to the cave and help everyone. I was about to when a guy I recognized from some my recent classes chipped in loudly.

“Why are we listening to you anyways?! You’re not even a real senior!” I narrowed my eyes and the crowd in front of me parted like the red sea to show the guy who had said that.

I growled a little at his comment and shoved my loud speaker to a startled Barbara and marched my way to the boy from before, hearing Barbara mumble something along the lines of, ‘Shit’s about to go down.’.

I came up to him and without a second thought grabbed his collar and pulled him down to my eye level, taking that he was much taller than me. I looked him straight in the eye and even if he didn’t show it, I knew this scared the shit out of him.

“Okay bitch boy, let’s get some things straight. 1, I could kick your ass at any given moment, even if you brought an army 2, You don’t have to listen to me, and yet you did and the outcome was a calm and civil case. 3, I’m more of a senior than you and your pathetic excuse of an F- will ever be.” I said darkly. I let him go and he scrambled away and into the crowd for cover.

“Anyone else want to complain about me?” I asked, arms crossed and eyes narrowed.

The crowd parted around me. I took that as a ‘Hell no’ and brightly smiled. I jumped back to the makeshift podium I was standing on earlier and cleared my voice again.

“I will be going out to the search party with the rest of the volunteers. While I’m gone, please refer to Barbara Gordon for any information. If I hear any of you gave her trouble, there will be consequences.” I said and everyone nodded.

“Good, Let’s go.”

***

Titania :B09

I entered and I looked to see the team sending out the video conference. I decided having a girl out there with them might help so I stepped into the picture, all of them smiling when they realized I had made it.

“Rise up when everyone around you seems to fall and carry them so that they can take their own stand. We are not alone. We are the future and now the only hope. Please, find the hero in each and every one of you to fight back.” I finished for them and the video conference ended.

“Nice touch.” Robin mused and I simply flipped my hair.

“I know.” I said confidently and then gained a serious expression, “So what’s the update on our situation?”

“Well, it hasn’t gotten any worse, but we’re still trying to figure out how to get all of this reversed. We have Zatana trying to prepare for a location spell, but who knows how long that will take.” He said.

A sudden thought occurred to me and I lit up, “Wait, I might be able to help with that. Our species may be very different when it comes to magic, but we both use magic none the less.” I said confidently.

“She’s in her temporary room meditating or whatever magicians do when they’re preparing for a spell.” Wally said and I scoffed.

“It’s called being an Anddroff and it isn’t meditation. Anddroffs use their mental strength to manipulate mana around them. Calming and nurturing ones mind is one of the best ways to strengthen the possibility of success. This is what you would call ‘meditating’ I guess but in essence is very different.” I said.

“Yep, honestly, try and keep up with mystics KF, since about three of us use mystic sources, you might as well educate yourself.”

I looked at the doorway to see Zatana leaning with a smirk. I smiled and went up to go and hug her. What? We became really close since we last met and kept in touch. We shared a bunch of spell ideas that might work for her and I together and learned that if we made it simple enough, there was actually many spells we could use together that we had no idea we could. It was pretty exciting and it looks like today we need to put those combos to good use.

You see, some of the words in the Anddroff tongue, are used in the Fairy chant but have completely different meanings. For instance, Odanrot means Tornado in Anddroff tongue, but in Fairy tongue it means tide, like in an ocean. Together, Zatana and I can only assume that this would create a whirlpool.

Did I mention all this is theoretical? Yeah we haven’t exactly tested any of these, so for all we know it could drown us all while making us dizzy. (insert mental shrug)

“It’s good to see you again.” I said happily and Zatana jumped up with me too.

“Me too! You thing once this is over we could try that Tornado thing?” She asked and I nodded enthusiastically.

When we turned to the others Robin had a skeptical look on his face, “Tell me if I just read people wrong, but the last time I saw you two together, you didn’t really seem to hit it off.”

I blinked in surprise and burst out laughing, “Oh that! Let me put it this way, I might have assumed she liked you. Long story short, after a confrontation and the realization that you two look like siblings we had a good laugh and she gave me some advice.”

Dick blinked and chuckled, coming up to us and rolled his eyes.

“Wait does this mean…. “ Zatana said and looked at me expectantly. I smirked and walked over to  Rob and he wrapped his arm around me.

Zatana squealed and Wally groaned. I raised an eyebrow in his direction and he rolled his eyes.

“You know, it was cute in the beginning, but now it’s just annoying.” He said.

“Your just unhappy because it was me and Rob and not you and little miss blonde-bow-and-arrow.” I retorted and he grumbled with a light tint on his cheeks. Seeing I had gained victory, I triumphantly smiled and turned back to Zatana.

“So, you ready to get started?”

***

We were standing in the room with a digital hologram globe in front of us and Zatana and I nodded at each other.

“Etecall.” I chanted, along with Zatana and she continued with her own chant as I kept quite and a long strand of blue light flowed towards her.

Funny enough, the first word in the spell she was going to use, meant Energy in my Fairy chant so it kind of worked out. I sent some of my energy towards her and she would complete the spell. I sent the spell and before I knew it, it was over.

“Location locked. Roanoke Island. You guys did it.” Rob said and I walked over to Zatana, about to high-five her but I saw her face and put a hand on her shoulder.

“We will get them back. Besides, from what I’ve seen so far Zatara is one tough cookie.” I said jokingly and a small smile formed on her face.

We headed to the debriefing room, but before we could get very far, a sudden lightning strike made us all turn around to see a small 10, maybe 11 year old boy with a smile. We immediately started questioning him.

“Quick read my mind.” He said and Miss M and I shrugged before going in. When I saw what he had in his memories my eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

“He’s Captain Marvell!” M’gann shouted out for me, but before anyone could react, I interjected.

“I so called it.” I stated smugly.

The others were skeptical but after some interesting insults towards Wally thrown, everyone knew it was him. He told us exactly what was going on.

He explained that the adults weren’t really gone, but in a different universe. What happened was that some force must have split the two realities and now both adults and children are panicking, looking for each other.

The only reason Captain Marvell could travel between worlds was because when he transformed he was technically an adult but when he turned back he was a kid. This sort of allowed him to bend the rules of the different dimensions, hopping between them. Cool, tripy, but cool.
We all finally made a plan that we needed to do a simultaneous attack. The heroes in the kids world and the heroes in the adult world will approach the situation at the same time. Now all we had to do was make it too the island.

***

Birdirangs and arrows flew at our enemy but he simply shot them down with a shield. He was an interesting fellow, with way too much gel in his hair, shaped into two little devil horns.

Who is this guy?’ I asked and dodged a flying Wally.

Klarion, other wise known as the witch boy or lord of chaos.’ I heard Robin reply.

Oh goody.’ I said sarcastically and shot a Mora spell at him. He clicked his tongue and I narrowed my eyes.

“Baby magic.” He said and was about to fling me with a spell but I stood my ground and his eyes widened at the fact that the spell didn’t affect me. To be fair I countered it so quickly it made it seem as if I hadn’t stopped it at all.

The weird boy put up a shield and any of the other attacks that hit him would just bounce back. He didn’t pay any attention to the people around him and looked at me with interest. I started feeling uncomfortable and summoned my wings to back as far as possible from him. His eyes widened and a sinister grin took his place.

“Ah, a fairy. A Titania at that. My my my, I haven’t seen one of you in a while.” He said and licked his lips. I felt completely violated when his eyes swept across my body and he looked like a freaking stalker.

I noticed that the others had tried to kill his familiar but it became a bit too much for them. I saw them struggle and realized that the only reason they aren’t dead yet was because this Klarion guy was distracted by me. As much as I feel like puking by the action, I knew I had to play along.

Rob, please don’t freak out, this means nothing.’ I said. He became confused but went back to his task when the giant familiar tried to jump him. I leapt down from my height and retracted my wings. I took a deap breath and with all my dignity thrown out the window, strutted towards Klarion.

His disgusting little eyes were locked on my body immediately and I almost wanted to flinch away from what I was doing. Instead I put on a seductive smile and came up to him.

He let down his shield.

I triumphantly got through and thanked my lucky stars that my acting was working. I got closer to him and right when I got to he grabbed me and I thought I was going to be sick.

“What a pretty one we have here.” He said lowly.

I continued to act seduced, but in the corner of my eye I could see Robin about ready to kill Klarion. I am so sorry Dick.

I was about to wrap my hand to Klarion’s shoulder to press a pressure point and knock him out. Before I could get very far, he grabbed my hand and quickly pushed it behind me with my other one. A red knife was drawn to my throat and I could feel it burn against my throat.

“Pretty, but not very smart.” He said and my surprise was replaced by a scowl. I tried to talk but his magic shut my mouth. So I summoned a dagger and stabbed him in the shin. He swore out and let me go. I took this opportunity to get out of there.

“You-“

“Bitch?” I finished for him, “You wouldn’t be the first or last to point that out. Just for the record, I take it as a compliment.” I said happily.

The jewel in the middle of the circle lit up and Klarion used it’s electricity from who knows where, to shoot all of us down. I struggled but I had been through worse. I fought it till I saw what Zatana was doing.

Zatana no!’ I yelled but it was too late.

She put on the helmet of the Lord of Order. She was now controlled by Nabu.

In anger I lurched forward and shot a beam of pure light towards Klarion’s shield. All of us did the same and finally, inside the pentagram Kid flash got the jewel and threw it to Dr. Fate. After an incantation and a bright light it was all over.

Klarion had gotten away, but we lost something much worse today. That is till Zatara did something I will never forget.

He gave himself up to Nabu so that Zatana would be free.

Today we lost, not only in battle, but one of the best Anddroffs I have ever had the joy of knowing. I went towards her and gave her a great big hug as she sunk to the floor. I know what it’s like to loose a parent.

I had hoped that she wouldn’t have to loose hers too.

A/n: Can I just point out that this chapter is long? Over freaking 4 000 words. This took me a while to complete. I hope you guys enjoyed, I particularly enjoyed writing about how she got the high school under control. I also enjoyed making Hobit. She is by far the closest to my personality and she is awesome. I am definitely going to try and include her in future chapters.

Thanks for reading

Lots of love

Ivy

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

57.3K 1.4K 42
The Quarter is quiet. Marcellus controls the vampires. The wolves live like outcasts in the Bayou. The Witches have a rocky peace with the vampires. ...
2.3K 320 42
M'kay. So you know choose your own adventure books? Basically at the end of each chapter you can comment on a line to vote for choices that will impa...
19.3K 340 28
**MARKIPLIER X READER FANFICTION** This is a sequel to "She's Perfect" that I made a few months ago. A lot of people really liked that one so why not...
3.4K 124 20
"And I fell from the pedestal, right down the rabbit hole. Long story short, it was a bad time. Pushed from the precipice, clung to the nearest lips...