Your Guidance

By TerrestrialParadise

Gang banging is a survival instinct, regardless of how anybody tries to paint it-Nipsey The Great More

Chapter Two: Whew Chile The Ghetto
Chapter Three: You Aint In The Hills No More, Erin
Chapter Four: Ain't Nuthin' But A Gangsta Party
Chapter Five: There's A Thug In My Life, How Am I Gonna Tell My Momma?
Chapter Six: He Marked His Territory, That's Yo Man
Chapter Seven: Hollywooooood, Hollywood Hands Swinging.
Chapter Eight: I'm A Better Actor.
Chapter Nine: I Wasn't Giving Up On You.
Chapter Ten: It's A Family Affair, Raise Your Glass In The Air EXCEPT Erin.
Chapter Eleven: I Guess You Were Right
Chapter Twelve: Mommy Issues
Chapter Thirteen: Number Two
Chapter Fourteen: Ruined
Chapter Fifteen: Playing House
Chapter Sixteen: Positions
Chapter Seventeen: Entanglement
Chapter Eighteen: You Know What It Is

Chapter One: How Bad Do You Want It?

7.5K 301 155
By TerrestrialParadise

January 2nd
Location: Burbank, California

Erin London sat anxiously in front of a panel with a movie script in hand, she cleared her throat setting it aside to show she had memorized her lines.

"Nigga you got three days to come up off my money if I don't see it within seventy two hours you done"

The director John Singleton held up his hand to stop her from reciting anymore lines.

" It's not right"

"What should I improve on?"

Erin typically played the prim and proper role which was easy because it was partially who she was in reality but this, this was far from her comfort zone.

"I admire the time you took to memorize your lines but did you take the time to actually read and understand the script?"

"Yes it's loosely based on Queen Pin who had a huge roll in the crack epidemic in South Central during the eighties"

"Correct but what you just did was not it at all, have you ever heard of a drug dealer from South Central speaking proper?"

Erin couldn't come up with a memory of when she had ever heard or witnessed a drug dealer from South Central speak.

"It shows" John tapped his pen on the table resting his chin in his palm staring at Erin intently, she tried her best to keep on a brave face but felt the looks of judgment from the panel.

"What do you suggest I do to better with my performance?"

"Simple stop using fancy words and lose the I'm rich look you have going on"

The panel laughed in unison at how John had read her, excluding himself who looked to each side of the table with an unamused look on his face.

" Would you all give me a moment with Miss Erin?" John asked agitatedly, the few panel members obeyed standing and exiting stage left.

"I can do better"

"I don't want better, I want phenomenal"

John stood up walking around the table sitting on top of it, folding his hands into his lap. Again he looked at her closely.

"Do you know why I chose you specifically for this role Erin?"

"Because you think I'm a good actress?" Erin dragged out.

"No, not with the mediocre roles you accepted over the course of your career"

John told her truthfully, Erin frowned up her face slightly offended at how he described her work that she believed was her best.

" I chose you because you needed to be challenged to make yourself a good actress and to also prove that you can take on more than the stereotypical, high maintenance, bimbo ass woman"

"I'm open to anything that can help me get into this role"

"No, you aren't, you came up in here today reciting lines lazily thinking you already had the role so therefore you didn't need to wow any of us"

Erin poked her tongue at the inside of her cheek, John had told no lies about her actions in the auditions, she woke up this morning confident that they had already turned everyone away to hand her over this role.

"How do I study to bring this character to life?"

" It depends on how bad you want this role, I passed up Taraji to give you a chance at filming what could be your break out role and already I'm feeling like I should call my girl back and go with someone I know can kill it instead of taking a chance on some intitled ass actress"

"No! I promise, I want it so bad"

"I'll give you some advice on how to get into your character"

Erin leaned forward so she could show her interest in wanting to become a better actress and show her true work ethic.

" You go down into South Central and try to find a drug dealer that is willing to show you the ropes and teach you their lifestyle"

Erin laughed, there was no way she would be caught dead in South Central searching for a dangerous drug dealer, put her life on the line for a role in a movie? Was he serious?

"See at how you laughed at my advice? That shows you don't want this bad enough and I won't waste my time on someone who won't even try to better themselves when given the opportunity especially when I'm putting out a generous amount of money for it"

"I'm suppose to go to where? Compton?"

"No we are filming in the Southwest Crenshaw area, so it's best you go there to get knowledge on the streets"

Erin was born with a silver spoon, she wouldn't know where to begin looking around in the streets for help when she never even stepped foot in those type of areas.

"How long do I have before we come back to film?"

"Three months exactly, how bad do you want it Erin?" John folded his arms peering down at Erin on stage like he was trying to read her.

"Bad enough to go and find a drug dealer to teach me the streets and lingo"

Erin got up grabbing her script, John stood up getting his binder and car keys.

"I'll send you an email shortly of how I want you to live for the next three months and the name of someone for sure I know can show you the way and if he can't than this role really isn't meant for you"

"How can I get him or her to agree on me shadowing them?"

"Money talks bullshit walks"

Erin stood outside the disclosed building not being able to question John further because of the hundreds of cameras surrounding her for just one small smile with her famous dimples.

From: JSingleton
Subject: Soar Into Your Greatness

Dear Erin, before you accepted this role, I concocted a plan to help you soar into your greatness. This involves months of shadowing the most well-known gang banger and aspiring rapper in Crenshaw by the name of Nipsey Hussle and living the lifestyle of a lower class individual with the following:

1.) A budget of ten thousand dollars to pay rent, water, electricity and groceries. It is your responsibility to generate more money.

2.) I have provided my old childhood home to live in for the next three months, but that does not mean a free place to stay. Rent is due at the first of each month along with a security deposit.

3.) You will be receiving a delivery tonight with three sweat suits and non-brand walking sneakers, you are only allowed to pack underclothes and socks along with your hygiene items, if other items are needed you are allowed to purchase clothing only from thrift stores at a budget of under 20 dollars each visit.

4.) If in the case you run out of money you are not allowed to use your personal money, again you are in charge of generating more money.

5.) I chose Nipsey personally and have alerted him of your presence in his hood, it is your job to convince him to allow you to shadow him through Crenshaw for the next three months.

Good Luck, John

Erin read the email twice not believing her eyes, he didn't just want her to live in the hood he wanted her to be hood, her mother Sharon would lose her mind knowing what she was going to do just to secure a role.

Google Search: Nipsey Hussle criminal record

Drug charges
Gang affiliation
Gun charges
Inciting a riot

Nipsey's rap sheet was lengthy and it frightened Erin, was this who John trusted her with? A repeat criminal? Nothing about him sounded safe everything about him sounded dangerous.

Erin: Are you aware of Nipsey Hussle's criminal record?

John S: This is why you need to go and learn about the street life, just because a person has a record doesn't always mean they are a bad person but Nipsey will teach you that, Goodnight Erin.

Google Search: Has Nipsey Hussle ever murdered anyone?

There were no murder charges attached to Nipsey which somewhat put Erin at ease, either he never murdered anyone or he was a professional and knew how to get away with it.

Google Search: Nipsey Hussle gang affiliation

Crip (Rolling 60's)

Crip what? Like what Snoop Dogg was? Like from the movies where they had gun wars with the Bloods over territory and just being rivals? 

How bad do you want this?

John's voice rang off in her head, she picked up the script that was worth over ten million dollars once they wrapped and another twenty million if it did well in the box office.

Google Search: Crenshaw slang

Erin cracked her knuckles and her neck preparing herself to study the slang so she could have a head start fitting into Crenshaw and  to earn her brownie points with Nipsey.

Little did she know it was going to take more than Googling hood slang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 9.7K 52
❛ you can run the streets with your thugs. i'll be waiting for you, until you get through. i'll be waiting. ❜ #1 𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. #229...
306K 12.7K 78
He's a gangsta trying to change for the better. She's a model-actress trying to find her muse and calling in life. Both have had several failed relat...
6.2K 145 32
"My Diamond girl, you live in a diamond world na"✨
204K 9.8K 43
𝑂𝑛𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜 𝑎𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑟�...