My Mate, The Dragon

By Swloxie

Look at that amazing cover art by @sweettner Please check her out below! https://my.w.tt/qyi9NG3Lb5 - Sheila... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE (1)
SEQUEL(?)
EPULOGUE (2)

Chapter Three

188K 7K 2.8K
By Swloxie

Sunday, August 11th, 2019

Shelia
--

"Hello," I toed the edge with my heel. He was my mate. The thing I've been scared of for the last eighteen years.

     I'm scared of falling in love. Knowing that I would only bring him undeniable pain and suffering. Everything in my mind screamed for me to stay, dare I say, go closer.

    He kept walking closer and closer. "Stop." I held out a hand. As on command he halted in his tracks.

     "Stop?" I saw his mortal eyebrow raise in question. "Aren't you supposed to jump into my arms, wrap your hands around my neck, and tell me about how long you had to wait." He shoved his hands into his pant pockets.

     Usually, that's how it was supposed to go. I would love him unconditionally for the rest of my life. The next words were so hard to get over my tongue. "I'm cursed, I can't love you."

    It tore out my heart to say it. I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Please," I pleaded, he took a step closer. "I can't even touch you." Then he took another step closer. We were in arms reach. I was pinned, cornered, against the cliff behind me.

     He grabbed my arms pulling me into his chest. I gasped, "please, I don't want to hurt you!" This is the first time I could remember anyone touching me. I wanted to stay in his arms. I wanted him to keep hugging me like nobody has before.

    He leaned down and put his nose to the side of my neck. He breathed in, taking in my scent. "A wolf," he mumbled against my skin. I was stiff as a board in his arms. I didn't know what to do, how, if, I can hug him back.

     "A shadow wolf." Did he figure all this out by taking in my scent? He rose his head to be at eye level with me. I was 5'9 in height and even then he dwarfed me. He had to be over 6 feet tall.

     I stared into his bright blue eyes. I was entranced by him. "You are not cursed." He rose a hand to my cheek. "what have those dogs told you?" A growl unlike any heard before erupted from his throat.

"Dogs?" I questioned, did he mean wolves? I didn't know how to feel about calling my species dogs. He entangled his hang into my hair. He acted as if I would disappear into the mist.

"I've been told I'm cursed, and that I should not touch, look, or speak to others as well as know their name, if I don't want them to be harmed." I couldn't help my body but to lean closer.

"Well, my name is Zaivinth, you can call me Vince." He said it with a smile on his face. I sucked in a breath, wincing at what was to come. Though nothing had happened.

"See? You are not cursed. Now—" he paused, I could tell he was trying to hold in a laugh. "Do you want me to tell you of your gifts?" He rested his forehead against mine, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

     "Gifts?" I gasped, then I came to my senses. "Isn't that the nice way to describe the cursed." I pout my lips. I love talking to someone. Being touched by someone. Feeling like a normal being.

     He chuckled, his breath hitting my face. He had a beautiful dark laugh, a sound I have never heard before. It sounded nothing like the books described, how I tried to replicate it. "Stop overthinking." He took my ear in between his thumb and pointer finger, giving it a teasing squeeze.

     I nodded my head, desperate for any information about myself. "You." He placed a pointer finger in the middle of my forehead. "Can control anyone's mind."

     "What?!" I pushed out of his grasp, it sent me backwards, and almost off the cliff.

     In a matter of seconds, his arms wrapped around my, pushing me flushed against his chest. "Yes, sweet girl." He rested his chin on my head. I heard him let out a sigh of relief. Gosh, my Mate sure was touchy. I didn't mind at all. A hot man, my Mate, draped all over me, I'm a happy woman.

     "Want to come inside?" He jerked his chin in the direction of the cave.

     "It looks—" I payed myself peering over his shoulder to the dark cave. "Quite, um, dark."

    This made his features light up in realization. "Oh that's a facade. Give me a moment, Mate." He unwrapped his arms from around me, turning to face the cave.

     Oh gosh! I haven't told him my name yet, no wonder he hasn't used it! "My," I stuttered out, "my name is Sheila! I'm sorry but I don't have a last name." I said reaching out and grabbed to grab his wrist, but he took a step forward, not noticing it. I clenched my fist, I missed my chance to touch my Mate. I already missed his warmth.

     He looked back at me over his shoulder. A large grin plastered onto his face. "I don't have one either."

    Then his body shifted, the human skin that he was just contained to was no more. His skin no longer soft human flesh, it was hardened by Snow White scales. He grew to the size of my old house, his wings now clenched tightly to his sides. He looked back to me, the only thing the same was his electric blue eyes. The second after he shifted everything that I once saw changed right in front of my eyes.

He was a dragon. My beautiful Mate was no wolf, he was a rare white dragon, so different from myself. It is a mystery to why fate aligned us together. "Follow me, my beautiful Sheila." He was so much bigger than me now. It was like I was a size of a poppy flower next to him.

I scrambled after him. I tried to look at how my sights shifted, how the cave walls were nicely carved out by quartz or that the darkness was now filled by this beautiful blue torched light that lined the sides of the cave wall as we walked.

Deeper in I came across a very human kitchen, living room, dining room, even a bed, all payed out for all to see. It was almost humorous to think that this huge, lovable, but huge beast cutting vegetables or sitting by the fire in the living room during the winter.

He breathed out, the smoke filling the room. I waved it out of my face. "You can sleep on the bed. Have you eaten?" His voice filled up every corner of the room.

"No, I haven't." I looked up to find him staring down at me. I think I could get used to this.

—-

Day threee alllriiiight!! Got 19 views party hard!!

A dragon mate! Crazy huh! What do you guys think?

Sheila isn't cursed?? Well not in the way everyone thinks?? What so dangerous about her power?!

How do you like VINCE?! I like him ALOT. If Sheila and him every break up, DIBS.

COMMENT ERRORS AND VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 8.9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
3.3M 116K 86
Mates are found before you turn 22 - that's the rule. If you don't, you are branded. Being branded as an Unfortunate isn't easy, and you can't come...
4.3K 241 38
Eva and future beta Cameron are happily in the bliss of engagement, discussing their future. However their wedding plans soon come crashing around Ev...
3M 105K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...