Unfixable fixing

By maleeeka11

He is the broken she tries mending. He is broken. He is bitter. She is sweet. He is an introvert. She is... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Epilogue
New book?πŸ₯³

Chapter Four

710 76 4
By maleeeka11

"..And seek help in patience and prayer." Quran; 2:45

Always pray to the Almighty, He is the all Listener, afterall, He knows all that you're going through, pray and see how your life will change.

Norahs pov

"Mum Brea is outside, I'm going, i love you." I kiss her forehead.

"Take care habibty, come back before maghrib." She says standing up.

We are the only humans at home, my dad and brother went for horse riding as it is there routine almost every Saturday.

I walk out of the door and before my mum close the door my friend yell out: "Hi Mrs Jabir." My mum giggle while shaking her head.

She wave at Breanna; "Hi Brea."

"Your friend is crazy." My mum whisper before she closed the door, and i couldn't agree more.

"Hey babes." I said when i settle in her convertible car.

"Hi gorg, how are you?" She asks driving out of our neighborhood. "I'm fine, so tell me what you wanted to tell me yesterday." I put on my sun glasses, it's actually kinda sunny today.

It's Saturday, we're going for shopping, we will all be leaving for school on Tuesday in shaa Allah. Brea will be going to Imperial College, it's just a half hour drive from UOL.

My friend clear her throat: "So Dave asked me out." For some unknown reason she doesn't sound excited.

I squeal while clapping my hands; "Omg! We waited so long for this." She park her car in the parking lot of the shopping mall.

She turn to look at me; "Yes, but i don't feel it anymore." She said, sounding a bit sad.

"Why don't you? Heck! What do you mean?" I ask, turning to face her.

"I don't know, since prom i started finding him annoying." She says with a shake of her head, i can't help but shake my head as well.

Breanna is a weird human, what? David has been her crush since 7th grade i think, and now he asked her out and she doesn't feel it?

I roll my eyes; "You're stupid Breanna."

She smirk: "Tell me something i don't know." I giggle, "But seriously think about it first before giving him your answer."

"I will, thank you. Now lets go shop." And we both hop out of the car.

5 hours later, we bought a lot of things, things we need and those that we do not, we are so ready for school in shaa Allah.

Brea sigh, "I am so hungry." She says, while we settle in her car.

"So am i, Lets go grab something." And she nods, driving to a restaurant.

***

"Aunt Noorie answer me." My Mothers sisters daughter, Amira whine.

I am lying on my bed exhausted, i had a pretty much hectic day and now this 5 or 6 year old cousin of mine is disturbing the living daylights in me.

I sigh: "Amira what do you want?"

Her face broke into a wide grin; "Lets play, with my dolls."

I roll my eyes at her, "You do not have dolls here."

"Yes i do, it's downstairs." She says pulling my legs.

I groan, this the main reason why i do not like kids.

"Aunt Rauda call your daughter, she's disturbing the hell out of me." I yell so that her mother will hear.

"But i want to plaw with you." Amira muttered, her lower lip trembling.

"Aww my baby come here, Aunt Noorie is tired today." I tell her while cuddling with her small body frame, she smells of coconut.

My door crack open and Yunus came in, "Come to your fav uncle, Norah is a bush girl." He says and pick her up.

"Hey!! I am not."

"Yes you are." He roll his eyes, walking out of my room.

"Oh! Your friend is downstairs." He said before closing the door.

My friend?!

Brea dropped me off some hours ago, and i doubt it's her, because she's not even allowed inside my house.

I groan when i hear my mum calling me, can't they just leave me alone?

I stood up, tie my headscarf and head downstairs, surprise surprise!!!

My so called friend is none other than Zahra, great, can this day get any worse?

"Hello Norah." Zahra said with a smirk, "Hi Zahra."

"Make yourself at home Zahra." My mum says smiling down at Zahra, she smiled back with a nod.

We sit in awkward silence, my mum and her sister are talking in hush voice about Allah knows what.

I positioned myself in a lying position on the sofa closing my eyes, i mentally scream I'd give anything to be on my bed right now.

Zahra is munching the snacks my house maid brought, i do not even get why she is here?

"Norah do you have a boyfriend?" Anty Rauda asks, i narrowed my eyes at her and Zahra snickered.

"What? I am just asking." She says with a giggle, my mum shakes her head with a smile on her face.

"She doesn't, isn't it obvious, they can't tolerate her." Zahra says with a sick smile, it's offensive right? But she said it in an overly sweet voice making it seem like she's kidding around, but i know better.

I roll my eyes at her; "I do not have." I cover my face with the hood of my hoodie and Zahra burst out laughing as if mocking me.

Oh Allah, i do not like this girl.

"So Zahra is right?" My Aunt questions with amusement.

"What's up with all the questions Anty Rauda?"

"Nothing much, i mean you're 18 and starting college, so be expecting more and more questions about this 'topic'." I just shake my head without answering her, wallah i am not in the mood.

"My daughter is still a kid so allow her please." My mum says with a smile and i smiled back at her.

And that's how they continue talking about everything, sometimes including me in the conversation.

Zahra left before maghrib, hugging me and saying 'I can't wait to have you as a roommate' and i almost shiver at her tone.

That's so weird of her.

After maghrib Aunt Rauda left, leaving us alone in the house.

I am sitting alone in the living room downstairs watching a movie in Netflix, today is...? I don't even know.

Maybe it's my period that's getting to me.

My brother enter the living room and sit close to me on the couch; "Wadup sis."

I eyed him.

"At least answer me." He says pushing my hair from my forehead.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing, i just want to hang out with you." He says, turning his attention to the television.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not in the mood lately." I sigh.

"I figured, you're on your period huh?" He murmured and i turn to look at him with wide eyes, what?

"What?!"

"Aren't you?" He smirk, i narrow my eyes at him. "How do you know that?" I can't help but ask.

"What do you mean how? I am 14 sis, and it's the 21st century what do you expect?" He pushes my hair back.

I swat his hands, "Yunus, you're 13 not 14." I said, He smirk; "Same thing."

I shouldn't even be surprised huh? I mean of course it's the 21st century and we're living in America.

I flick his forehead and play my movie but he paused it again.

"So what's the beef between you and Zahra?" He asks, "I don't even know, the girl just hates me for some unknown reason."

"Is that even possible? Maybe you did something unknowingly to her?" He says.

And i close my eyes to actually think, but-

I do not think I've done anything to her, i mean we do not even have that much history with her.

"I don't think so." I shake my head.

"You're gonna stay with her in the same room for at least 4 years, i think you should ask her and sort things out between you two, tell her how uncool she's acting." My 13 year old brother says, i smiled a small smile at him.

"So uncool bro, she actually said that i do not have a boyfriend because boys can't tolerate me, can you imagine?" I huff, so it actually annoyed me?

Yunus burst out laughing i had to smack him.

"No, she did not." He said.

"Wallah she did."

"That's super uncool, but you know what? People tend to tell others things they feel about themselves, so do not feel bad that's just a reflection of her, you're so gorgeous and you'll have a boyfriend that will tolerate you." And he chuckle, i can't help but chuckle as well, Yunus can be so amazing.

"You think so?" I whisper, "I know so." He caress my cheeks and i hug him, "You're amazing." I said; "That, i know." He said and pulled away from the hug.

"But you should know that you can always count on me sis." I smiled, "I know, thank you."

And that's how we spent the night with my head on his shoulder watching a movie and munching on the snacks Mama brought us.

******

Today's Tuesday, the day I'll be going to college.

The feeling's so overwhelming, i mean I'll be staying alone, without my parents and brother, like?

Okay!

"Norah are even listening to me?" My dad asks, snapping his finger in front of me.

"Yes, i am." I nod, he is lecturing me about college, what to expect and what to do.

He kept talking, with me listening and nodding my head, occasionally asking him questions.

"I think that's all for now, do not hesitate to tell me anything or call me when something happen." My father says, patting my head.

"Of course dad, thank you." We both stood up and he hug me, i hugged him back, "Now i am reconsidering my decision about sending you to that university." He says, i giggle.

"You're not serious Jabir." Mum says entering the living room with my brother trailing behind her.

He chuckle, wrapping his arms around my mums shoulder: "Oh, i am."

"Lets just get going, okay?" My brother says, dragging my suitcase outside.

"Lets go habibty." Says my mum.

Once inside the car, we kept talking about everything and nothing, laughing and teasing Yunus.

"Ugh! Your school is so far." Yunus muttered, "I knoww." I sigh.

"Well, we're here, you guys complain about everything." Dad murmurs, shaking his head.

"They learnt from the best." Mum chuckle, getting out of the car.

"Can you imagine her?" Dad said with a roll of his eyes.

Don't even ask me how he can do that.

Yunus and i both burst out laughing, exiting the car.

Yunus drag my suitcase once again to my hostel room, it's on the second floor.

"You luggage is so so heavy, the hell do have inside?" Yunus complained with a hiss, Mum snack him muttering "language." to him.

We arrive at my room or rather our room, because there three beds inside, it's a huge room, with study table on each side of the beds and a television at the far end of the room, beneath it, it's a small fridge and obviously a bathroom.

"It's not bad." My dad says.

I nod my head; "Yea, only that I'll be sharing it with Zahra." I whisper, my mum smack me with a small chuckle.

"What was that?" My dad asks, "No, nothing, i like it." He pat my head with a smile, "You'll do good in shaa Allah."

"In shaa Allah, thank you."

"Can you jus-" My brother was cut off by someone opening the door.

It's a girl, a Christian girl, wearing a bum short and a sleeveless crop top, her blond hair tied in a loose ponytail and a 'cross' necklace hang around her neck.

"Hello, I'm lizzy your roommate." The girl says with a wave. "Hi, I'm Norah your roommate." She smiled and walk towards her bed.

We walk out of the room and my dad says; "Seriously! A Christian roommate?"

"Now you're being racist Jabir." My mother tell him rubbing her hands up and down his arms.

"No, i am not, didn't you see her dressing?" Father questions, Yunus look at me and i look back at him.

"Do not judge a book by its cover, it's your decision to bring Norah here, so just trust her." My mum whispers to him.

"Norah please do not let her influence you, you should do what you're here for." Dad muttered, i nod and he hug me, i hugged him back, Mum and Yunus join the hug.

"I'll miss beating your ass in FIFA." Yunus says, mum hit his shoulders, "Yunus habibi language." She roll her eyes at him.

"You wish brother." I pinch his cheeks.

"I'll miss you all." I said.

"We will miss you too habibty, make sure to call us everyday, best of luck my love." Says my mother with a smile, i smiled back at her.

"In shaa Allah, i love y'all."

"Love you too, please be careful with that lizzy of a girl." My dad murmur, my mum chuckle with a shake of her head.

"In shaa Allah, please continue to pray for me." I blow them kisses as they made their way downstairs.

I will definitely miss them.

They wave at me one last time before they disappeared.

I made my way back inside our room, Lizzy is unpacking her clothes.

She smiled at me; "Come lets unpack." She pats a space beside her, i smiled back at her and we start unpacking.

*********
100 reads already😭 what??!!🥰🥰 bless you all. Xoxo

Yèllôw!! That's hello in my new language😂

How are you all doing?

Boring chapter? I know🤧 sorry :(

Malika👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 4.9K 43
Misfortune. Easy to pronounce yet difficult to face. * *blurb* "In the dim light of her room, amidst a storm of emotions, she shatters her glasses...
121K 6.8K 52
Yes, it was stupid of me to accept his hand in marriage. And yes, he still loves her so so much and maybe he always will. Will I ever be enough for...
1.3M 117K 47
She knew that her work wouldn't let her rest, Was aware that every day would be a test. It was her passion though, to see the last smiles, Although...
553K 24.3K 41
He was the Man who preferred darkness. She was the Woman who preferred brightness. He preferred Loneliness. She preferred Togetherness. He had suf...