Beloved (The Olympus Brotherh...

By awesomegal15

Coming soon More

Welcome to the Order
Intervention
Today is a New Day
That's What She Said
Stayin' Alive
It's a Part of Life
A Garden For Lovers
The Pray and the Answer
Another Day
The Clock is Ticking
Confidence and Innocence
I'll Be a Rock
Beautiful Night
Play it Cool
Good, to Bad, to Death
Rollcall
The High Priestess of Truth
Virtue and Vice
From Blood...
Three Voices
Fast Pass
Goodbye
Attachments and Separations
Grit
We Only Get Better
No! NO!
All Hope
God's Blood
Elsa
At a Price
It Is Okay
What Have I Done?
Gloria Regina, Gloria Regali
A Lot of People Do
My Half
Courtship My Ass
Protectorate
Let's Try This Again
Lets Go
An Ebbing Moment
History Made
Lose
Brother
Olive Branch
Mail Call
Definitely Dumb
The Most Magical F-ing night
Two Favors
I Need to Tell You Something
Our Time Is Up
Epilogue
Found
HUGE THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT!

Try

858 63 2
By awesomegal15

Chapter 32

Cecilia

"We need your help," I said serving Ares a cup of tea in the professionally designed stainless steel kitchen. Ares dwarfed the huge space as I sat down adjacent to him at the white wooden table bathed in the twilight sun.

Ares took a slip form the cup and frowned, "Needs honey... and sugar."

"I don't know where they keep it," I confessed. I cleared my throat, "And we aren't here for tea."

Ares pushed the white porcelain cup away and crossed his arms, "No, it's time for you to come home."

"That's not- "

"Eva and I have had words and... you can bring that human." He said cutting me off with a huff. "Wars take time, and he will be a good distraction for you. Freya can bring hers too."

"That's not why I called you. The world is falling apart, I fear Erebus and Nyx are here. We need your help. Freya can't win on her own- "

Again, I was cut off and silenced, "Sweet children, like yourself, don't need to worry about the fate of Earth. The Fates have already decided what will become of this place." He paused for a moment before leaning forward, "I am trying to protect you. What you want, I cannot give; not without destroying myself. And without me, who will stand and fight for you? I am telling you Cecilia, no matter what the gods do or don't do: this world will fall. You are wiser than your sister." Ares leaned back in his chair and turned to look out the window to the sunset. He seemed lost, as if he were trapped in a dream, "Your mother was clever. She was a realist. You could be so much like her if you- "

"She was cold, calculating, and unfeeling to anyone but herself," I said shocking myself. I don't think in my whole life I've ever been so bluntly honest about my mother. I stood up and slightly curtsey, "I am not my mother," I stated clearly and directly making sure I had Ares' attention. "I am the proud daughter of Captain Gardiner Greene, a man who selflessly fought to protect the innocent when men in power did nothing to stop it, in a time when the world was on the edge of destruction; good men didn't just stand by and do nothing. My father was willing to lay down his life, not just for me, but everyone that came after. I don't care what the Fates or the gods have decided. Humans, Descendants and demigods will not go quietly into the night. Please... if you truly want to protect me, Freya or Eva, you would help us fight this evil."

"Don't die with Freya for fake hope and a foolish dream."

"You're supposed to be the god of war, not a coward," I pushed.

"Don't you- "

"I know there isn't much I can do... really any of us if we don't work together, but I am trying. Freya is trying, knowing she isn't ready to face Erebus or Nyx." Ares stood up, finished with our chat and headed towards the front door. With his back turned to me I called out, "This is the moment you could have done something to save us. You're choosing to do nothing. If death is coming for us, our blood is on your hands."

Ares paused in the door frame and for a second I believed my words reached his heart, that he could see the value of the human spirit. But just as quickly as he stopped, he disappeared. I sank back down into my seat disheartened. If Ares wouldn't help, I needed to go to someone who would... could get me results.

I looked out the window to see the twilight stole away the colors of the day until the world looked like an old black and white movie. I knew what I had to do, and it would cost me everything.

I stood up and walked over to one of the kitchen draws and pulled out a steak knife with a wooden handle. My heart twisted and sunk with nerves as I sat back down at the kitchen table. I stared at the blade unsure of my plan.

My nerves were frayed. In my building anxiety I constructed elaborate rationalizations for why everything would turn out alright. But still the nagging voice in the back of my mind spoke of nothing but doom ahead.

But I had to try.

Alaric would try. If I wanted any future with him alive in it, I had to.

I pricked my thumb with the knife and waited for my blood to pool. Once I had enough, I carefully started to draw a symbol that would ultimately seal our fate. I finished my drawing and placed my clean hand over the symbol, "Hear me and my request."

Thunder cried out, engulfing me, completely capturing my brain, rendering any logical thought or conclusion impossible. The lights above started to flicker. I didn't just see the bulb flicker, I heard it too. As I was cast into a brief spell of darkness, it crackled, or perhaps it was more of a buzz. I'm not sure. Then the lights bruned on brighter than ever. It was the kind of brightness that sears into your retinas making you close them for fear of going blind. A brightness that would make fresh snow look grey and dull. Every light bulb exploded. I screamed. I ducked under the table shaking and screaming. I covered my head with my hands, closed my eyes and I pulled my knees to my chest. I breathed in and out but air wouldn't enter my lungs. Starved for air, my heart raced at tremendous speeds, and my lungs shallowly rose and fell in time. Dread crept over me like an icy chill, numbing my brain. I keep my eyes closed until the last light bulb popped.

I opened my eyes to find myself in a field of daffodils, everyone a sunny yellow and I felt bile rise in my throat. Each one is perfect, a golden trumpet amid a fanfare of halo petals. They are many, but so delicate, and they wave like tomorrow is guaranteed. They stand rooted, soaking in the sunshine and taking in yesterday's rain through their fine roots. I smelt their fragrance and brushed against them. Somewhere above this sky, born of the color of summer iris, swirled galaxies of brilliant stars. I stood up in new clothes. A light pink woven gown featuring a plunging V-neckline, a satin woven bust with sheer mesh overlayer, adorned with floral embroidery and protruding diamond and pearl-embellishment. The layered tulle skirt flowed in the wind. I moved forward to see birds, large and small, brown, red capped and golden stripped. I listened to their chirping. I watched how they sought worms and insects from the soil.

They had an entire world of their own.

"I expected your sister to call," I spun around to face the booming voice.

I bowed until I was down on one knee with my hand over my heart. I kept my head down, not wanting to further upset him, "My Lord, we must speak."

"Of what?" The ground shook as powerful footsteps stormed over to me.

"The Earth. Erebus and Nyx. The future of- "

"I know of these things all ready. You've wasted my time, girl" he spat. "I have a war to fight- "

"And I have a reservoir of untapped potential to offer," I quickly continued before I lost all my nerve. "IF Poseidon turned Freya into a God-Killer, he would have used her as an amplifier for his abilities. If he was successful I imagine you wouldn't be king of the gods." I looked up into Zeus's purple eyes storming with rage. "Help me save my world, my loved ones and I will serve you from this day until my last."

Alaric

I bolted up vomiting on the side of the side of the bed, "Welcome back."

I fell back onto the bed and stared up at grey brick walls covered with velvet black curtains that draped themselves into a chandelier that hung with pride in the center of the room. It dripped with the best cut diamonds and was made from white gold like the bejewelled corpse of a giant spider. The room was filled with black and gold furnishings which evoke a period of kings and queen; elegant drapes, four poster bed, heavy blankets, feather mattresses, fur covers, and tapestries. It boasted its own sitting room, en-suite bathroom, and Jacuzzi.

"Where is back?" I asked as I turned to see Damon staring out of the stained-glass window with his arms crossed. Someone had undressed me down to my arctic cargo pants and a basic tee. I'm guessing Damon. Twinsies.

"The Underworld." How in Hades' literal name do we keep ending up here? "Can you walk? We need to leave."

I sat up letting my feet hang over the edge. My head was killing me like a baby going ten rounds with Mike Tyson. I ran my fingers over my face as I stood up, "Yeah, I'll live."

"Great. Charon rows passed the castle almost every hour. We should be able to catch a ride to the surface," Damon stated heading for the twenty-foot tall obsidian black double door.

"Great, do you have any money to pay the ferryman? Because when I was knocking on death's door, I didn't grab any gold." I huffed feeling like my lungs were about to collapse.

"Charon will take you both where you need to go," I sat back down with a huff. Not this motherfucker again.

What was his name? Jace?

He sat on a love couch in the sitting area looking very comfortable with a shit eating grin. I remembered him from the last time we came down here which may have been a coincidence then. Now I'm sure it wasn't. What the fuck did he want?

"Thanks," I said in a deadpan voice. I didn't trust this guy. I knew he was playing at something, I just didn't know what. What was his main goal? Was it solely just to get into Freya's panties or was there something else? "So we'll just be taking that coin and leaving..."

"Neither one of you are in any shape to leave. I'm afraid if you try to go now, you'll be coming back in a more permanent way," Jace commented.

"We'll take that risk," Damon insisted, "The Brotherhood needs us- "

"And what about your Beloveds. If I was either one of you, I would be devastated at what The Brotherhood did. I didn't know it was happening until it was too late. I barely made it to you two in time."

"What happened?" I responded marching over to Jace. "What happened to Cecilia?"

"I don't know what happened to Cecilia. But I saw... I saw..."

"Saw what?" Damon questioned divorced from his voice as he came to stand next to me.

I didn't know Jace, he was a liar keeping secrets, but his eyes were sincere. And they told me everything I needed to know; he was broken, shattered really, robbed early of the tape and glue necessary to put his soul back together.

Did I miss something?

I looked from Damon to Jace to see their reactions almost mirrored each other. But Jace barely knew Freya he was acting as if... as if he loved her. "What happened?" I asked.

"They hung her," Jace croaked. His words felt like concrete drying in my chest.

I looked over to Damon to see his shoulders were slumped and his eyes were cast down in a mournful gaze. "That doesn't mean death. And you said yourself you didn't know it was happening until it was too late. It's not easy to kill a demigod."

"Right. Until we have a... until I see..." A body. "Freya is fine," Damon said mostly trying to convince himself.

Not believing I had to be the optimistic one, I added, "Cecilia too. So, we'll be taking that coin and heading up to Earth."

"I pray you are right," Jace stood up and dug into his Jean pockets to pulled out two golden coins with a Narcissus flower carved into them. He handed them over with ease, "Good luck."

I had an awful sinking feeling we were going to need it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 19 15
The mirror world of duplicates
2.4K 53 44
final destination
145K 7.2K 60
Freya's new normal is a rollercoaster ride she can't seem to get off of. While battling the physiological aftereffects from being held prisoner in P...
829 88 21
coming soon