Silver Lining (Completed)

By JoeArshi

General Fiction They were poles apart. He is a football player who have anger management issues while she is... More

Author Note *New*
Prologue
Songs & First Scene - Prologue
Chapter 01
Character Sketch
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61A
Chapter 61B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Last Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Thank You Note
Favourite

Chapter 41

3.1K 212 170
By JoeArshi

#Important : Anybody interested in helping me with the editing of 2 drafts?

Note : if you are looking for twist and turns, you should stop reading this story and find something else. Use this story as a stress buster for now.

Do Comment & Vote
No proofreading.

After a week, her family went for the wedding. Arnav picks her up on the way to Payal's place. Khushi got shocked knowing that they are going to stay in separate rooms.

"What is the need for all these? We can sleep together." Khushi asked him.

"Baby, what if you take advantage of an innocent boy like me. So it's for my safety." Khushi took the pillow and throw at him while shouting at him.

"Then why are you here?? Get out of my room."

"Okay..." Saying this Arnav turned around to move from there.

"Laadgovernor, just because I told you to get out, you are ready to do so??? Are you that desperate to leave me alone?"
She asked placing her things in the shelf.
Arnav shook his head and hugged her from back. It's a treat to watch her whining like a baby.

"Baby, you have exams to prepare and I want you to concentrate on that."

"I will concentrate on my studies. Laadgovernor, do you think that I won't be able to do that by being here?"

"You know being with a handsome man like me, it is going to be a tough job for you." He teased her.

"Handsome??? That to with this prickly beard??? For your information you look like a cave man." She said pulling his beard and hair.

"Ouch don't pull my beard, it hurts."

"You cave man deserves this for not letting me sleep with you."

"Will you be ok if I sleep with you?" Khushi nodded her head.

"Okay then, we can sleep together. Baby it is strictly sleep... nothing more than that."

"I know laadgovernor."

After having food Khushi sat down to study.

"Arnav where is Madhuji?"

"She left after making breakfast and lunch, will be back at evening." Khushi started studying and he placed some coffee in front of her. Arnav stayed away from her, occasionally checking her out.
He made sure that she took lunch and rest for sometime before resuming her studies. When Madhumati came to the house, she is welcomed with the sight of Khushi sitting in front of lot of books. Arnav instructed her to prepare something light for dinner and some oil less snacks for evening.

Madhu watched as Khushi buried herself in books while Arnav did some works outside. As she finished preparing the snacks and tea, Arnav took it and placed in front of Khushi.

"Now fill your tummy before you overload your brain with this maths equations." She lightly slapped his hand and looked at the food tray.

"Where is your tea Arnav?"

"I will have it later, now you have it."

"Just because I'm studying that doesn't mean that you can't have tea with me. Go and grab your tea laadgovernor."

"So you want me to have tea?" Arnav asked with a naughty glint in his eyes. She nodded her head in reply.

"Okay, let's have tea then." Arnav poured the tea into a cup and started to have the tea.

"Haww...what about my tea?" Khushi asked him with a pout.

"Here have this...we can share the tea for now." Arnav forwarded the cup and winked at her.

"What??? No...we can't... Madhuji is here Arnav, what will she think of us?" She asked looking around to see if Madhumati is there or not.

"What will she think if I kiss you now?"

 "No...you can't do that now."

"What do you prefer, tea or kiss?" Khushi flared her nose at him and took the cup.
Arnav smiled at her and placed a kiss on her cheek when she was having her snacks. Her eyes got popped out when he unexpectedly kissed her.

"This is cheating Laadgovernor. You can't kiss me after I chose the tea."

"Okay, lets solve this now." Saying this he kissed her again.

 "I took back my kiss, are you happy now?"

"Go away you Laadgovernor, you always find your way." Khushi said taking the snacks tray in her hand.

"I'm not going without having my tea. So you have to bear me." He said wrapping his arms around her shoulder. Khushi tried to shrug away from his hold, but couldn't.

After a few seconds, she relaxed and lean on to his arms.
"Baby, you are my girlfriend and I will kiss you or hug you whenever I want. Nothing is going to stop me from doing that. The job of Madhuji is to take care of the kitchen stuffs, so she better concentrate on that than poking her nose into our matters. She know that very well. So stop thinking about all these things and concentrate on your handsome boyfriend for now before you move back to studies." Khushi smiled at him and leaned on to his shoulder.

"Baby, it's our home and nothing is going to stop us from doing anything we want.
Now stop overthinking and give your sexy Laadgovernor a kiss." He said pulling her closer to him.

Khushi blushed and tried to look at the kitchen area.
"Baby, she is busy in her job and you should concentrate on me. For now, I will be ok with cheek kisses." Saying this he turned his cheek towards her, so that she can kiss him.

Arnav is waiting for a kiss when a light slap landed on his cheek.

"What the..." Arnav turned to look at her and came into contact with her lips over his lips. When they broke apart, Arnav looked at Khushi with amusement and she hugged him tight, burying her face onto his chest.

"Baby... Did you just kissed me on lips?" Arnav teased her as he wrapped his arms around her

"Don't tease me Laadgovernor and let me be like this for sometime." Arnav stroked her hair as she leaned onto his chest.

After a few minutes, he heard  light snoring and found her sleeping peacefully on his chest.

Arnav waited there till he saw Madhumati.  He signalled her to come there and asked her to make the bed for Khushi. He didn't want to disturb her sleep as she was studying for the whole day. He lifted her and made her lie on the bed. Madhumati silently observed all these and brought her leg to the room when as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Sirji, madamji's leg."Madhumati said standing near the door with the prosthetic in her hand. Arnav took it and placed it near to her bed. He covered the blanket over her and went out.

'It's true that she is indeed a baby, he exactly take care of her like a baby.' Madhumati said to herself seeing Arshi.

'Even though he looks like a bad boy, he may be a good boy.' Madhumati said to herself

After 4 hours, Khushi wakes up and found herself in the bed with him. She took his phone and checked the time and looks around to find her leg. She worn her leg and went to the washroom.
When she came out she found Arnav sitting on the bed. He pulled her towards her and made her sit on the bed.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, very well." She asked leaning onto him.

"You were sleeping so peacefully and I don't want to disturb your sleep, that's why I let you sleep."

"That's ok Arnav, I almost completed everything. Only a little bit is remaining."

"I will laid down the dinner, till then get fresh." Arnav said kissing her forehead and left to the kitchen. Khushi got fresh and called her parents. Arnav arranged everything on the table and came to the room to see Khushi on the call. He smiled seeing her in his shirt. He sat down on the bed waiting for her to finish the call.

"Seems like someone is so fond of my shirts." Arnav said wrapping his arms around her waist as she stood in front of him.

"To compensate it, you can wear my dress in return." Khushi tried her best to suppress her smile.

"Teasing the ASR, aren't you baby?"

"I can do that, because I'm his girlfriend."

"That's you are...now come let's have dinner."

"Pamper me, I'm tired by studying for all day." Arnav smiled at her and lifted her in his arms.

"You know, because of you I don't need to workout. You are my personal dumbbell baby." He teased her.

"Did you just called me dumbbell now?"

"Yeah, I think so..."

"Can't you be a little romantic? Dumbbell, what kind of nickname is that!!" She asked rolling her eyes at him.

"Still better than your Laadgovernor." He teased.

"What should I call a Laadgovernor then?"

"How about sexy man or Handsome guy." Arnav sat down on the chair with her on his lap.

"Laadgovernor is better than that...it's so cute and adorable. For example...aww my laadgovernor." Saying this Khushi pulled his cheeks.

"See how cute it sounds. Now hear this...aww my sexy man. It's not that cute and sounds horrible." She clarified her point.

"Baby, you should try it in husky voice. Aww my sexy girl." Arnav said rubbing her lips with his finger.

"It's sound sexy." He said to her.

"Laadgovernor...I want it to be cute. Whatever it is, you are going to be my laadgovernor forever." She kissed his cheek and Arnav placed the plate in her hand. Arnav fed both of them food and they continue to talk about things.

"Did your parents reached Ahmedabad?"

"Yup, they did. Ammi told me that everyone asked for me."

"Who can forget the topper baby." Arnav commented making her giggle.

"What is your plan for tomorrow Arnav?"

"I will be here with you baby."

"What about your yoga class?"

"Don't worry about it. It's not that necessary."

"No...no...I wanted you to go. It's just a matter of two or three hours only. Don't skip it because of me. You have already skipped lot of classes."

"But I got some other classes in return." He said looking at her lips while lingering his finger on her lips. Something clicked in her mind and she bite on his finger harder.

"Ouch....baby..."

"That's for teasing me." Arnav shook his hand and looked at his finger. Khushi saw his finger getting red and understood that she bitten him harder.

"Ohh no...did I bite you harder?" Khushi took his hand and examined his finger.

"I'm sorry Arnav...I never wanted to bite you this hard. Is it paining a lot?" She kept stroking his finger. He found her eyes getting moist.

"Baby, it's ok. It's is not a big deal...so relax."

"You always tell me that you won't hurt me and see what I did to you, I'm so sorry Arnav."

"So you are guilty?" Arnav asked her and she nodded her head.

"Then do something to make that guilty to go away." Arnav told her with a mischievous glint in his eyes which Khushi failed to notice.

"Okay, here bite my finger like the way I bite you." Saying this she placed his hand in front of his mouth.

He literally cursed himself for suggesting that and took hold of her hand. Instead of biting her, he started to feather kisses all over her palm.

"I asked you to..."

"Shh...not a word now." He said placing his finger on her mouth.

"First of all, you didn't hurt me. So stop with this I hurt you theory. Second, you did that because you have every right on me. Third, you never had any intention to hurt me. Fourth, don't try to compare both of us again. Understood?"

Khushi nodded her head and he moved his finger away from her lips. He seems to be in pissed off by all these.

"Are you angry with me Arnav?" She asked taking his hand in her hand.

"Give me sometime Khushi." He said leaning back on his chair, counting numbers backward from 100. After completing his counting, he took a long breath and faced her. He placed a kiss on her forehead and held her hand in his left hand.

"Baby, why are you trying to compensate or match up to what I do for you. Just because you bite me, you asked me to bite you to compensate that. Why are you thinking like that? Why are you trying to balance these things. In future I may gift you something worth ₹10 or lacs, but that doesn't mean that you should reciprocate the gesture by buying me something of the same worth. There may be lot of things, which I can't do
while you can do it and vice-versa. Don't act like that anymore baby."

"I will try Arnav."

"I want you to try baby, I want you to do that. Baby, I have you in my life and I don't want anything in return. I too don't want anything when I have you for myself. Just let me pamper my baby." He explained.

"And let me pamper my laadgovernor too."

"Only if you feel to pamper me, not because of responsibility." Khushi nodded her head and placed her forehead on his forehead.

'Laadgovernor, now feed you baby." Saying this she brought the plate in front of him. He smiled at her and fed her the food.

"I'm sorry for talking so rudely earlier." Arnav apologized kissing her knuckle.

"You were trying to make me understand something, it's ok Arnav. I'm totally fine." She said leaning on to his shoulder, placing her head on his shoulder. Arnav fed both of them food and they cleaned their hands. Khushi garlanded her arms around his neck and looked at his eyes.

"Hmm, don't you think I deserve something in return for studying for these time?" She asked eyeing his lips. Arnav gave her a naughty smile and disentangled her arms, holding it in his hand. He lean closer to her while she to leaned closing her eyes. Arnav flickered her nose with his nose and moved away.

"Go and study my topper." He said lightly slapping her butt. Khushi opened her eyes, stroking her butt while he moved towards the kitchen

"You know you are such a unromantic laadgovernor." Khushi shouted and sat on the sofa taking her books. Khushi started to study after shouting at him. After a few minutes, Arnav stood behind her and pulled her head up. He kissed her forehead, eyes, cheeks and finally on lips.

Khushi didn't expect that move from him. It is very different from the kisses they shared earlier. Khushi brought her hands up and held his head. They parted away from each other and Arnav kept staring at her.

"Got your energy booster?" He asked with a wink making her blush.

"Yeah, that too overdose." Her answer
made him smile brightly and he placed a kiss on her forehead before leaving from there. Khushi sit there, thinking about what happened earlier.

"I'm ready to give you more of them, so now concentrate on your books baby." Arnav shouted from the room. Khushi shook her head and went back to her books. In between Arnav served her coffee and water.

"Where are you going Arnav?"

"You study here peacefully, I will be in the room."

"No, sit with me. I promise you that I will concentrate on my book."

"Don't you think that it will be hard for you?? Who will be able to concentrate when a handsome sexy man sits beside you?"

"Then how did you concentrate when I teach you maths for your last year?"

"That's what I was saying. It was a torture then. You in front of me, looking so angellic and beautiful. It was such a task to concentrate on books."Khushi blushed and they remembered the incident.

Flash back

Arnav in third year and Khushi in second year. Before that annual function. In their 5th semester, they can study a subject out of their main stream. It's obvious that he will choose maths while his friends took other subjects. Arnav pick up Khushi from college and went to their place. Arnav gave her a big cover and asked to check it out. Khushi found a large book on operational research. She looked at him with confusion.

"Why are you giving me this book?"

"Take this book and check out chapter 1 to 5. Then you have to teach me those chapters."

"What??? But you don't have this subject in your syllabus."

"Open course...I chose maths, so now it's your responsibility to teach me this."

"What about your classes?" She asked him.

"I'm a very busy man and I don't have time for classes."

"Our faculties are best, they will teach you better than me."

"We can start our class from next week then." He said ignoring her. He took this subject just because of her and he is going to make sure that she teach him.

"But I don't know this subject."

"You are the topper, it won't be a big deal for you."

"But..."

"Shhhh.... Take your time and teach me later. Now let's go." Saying this he sat on his bike leaving a poor Khushi with that big book. Arnav observed her from the rearview and saw her cursing him with such a cute expression.

"Laadgovernor, if he wasn't planning to study maths...why did he chose this subject? And now ordering me to study the subject, I will show him what can I do." Neither Khushi check out anything nor he asked her about it.

Sometimes, she managed to check out
the open course classes held in their department. She didn't find Arnav in any classes she checked out. One day, Khushi happen to overhear her professors talking about Arnav. How he is going to fail if he
don't show up for the class and study the subject.

Khushi being Khushi didn't want him to fail, so she started to study the subject. Within a week, she prepared everything and decided to teach him. Khushi decided to call him, then dropped that idea. She send him a message asking him if he would be free on Saturday. Arnav replied back letting her know that he would be free on Saturday.

<Can we start our class?> Khushi send him another message.

<Yes, I will pick you up tomorrow morning.>

<Ok...good night Arnav.>

Khushi replied back and waited for his reply. For a few minutes, she didn't get any message and felt disappointed. Then after a few minutes, she received a message.

<Dream about me 😉> Khushi blushed a little and went back to her bed.

Next day, Khushi prepared everything and waited for him. Arnav took her to their usual place. Khushi laid down everything and asked him to take his things.

"I don't have anything with me." He said to her.

"Then what is in your bag?"

"It's my jersey and boots. I had a match yesterday in Nashik."

"You didn't went home after the match?"

"No..."

"Did you just travelled all the way from Nashik right now?"

"Are you planning to question me or teach me?";Khushi rolled her eyes at him and looked at him.

"Okay, just answer me this. Did you had breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry Khushi." She understood that he didn't had anything, she opened her bag and gave him a tiffin.

"We will continue once you have your breakfast. Don't be a laadgovernor and have this food." Khushi said opening the tiffin for him.

Arnav took the tiffin and started to have the food. He look down and smiled lightly seeing her annoyed expression. "
'Laadgovernor, can't he at least ask me if I had breakfast or not.' She muttered to herself as he almost finished the food

"Did you had your breakfast?" Arnav asked closing the lid of the tiffin and washing his hand.

Khushi gave him a sarcastic smile and replied.
"Yeah...I had mine...thanks."

"So you know that I wouldn't have my breakfast and packed this tiffin for me?" He asked out of curiosity.

"Hmm, no...I mean I know that you don't bring food. You usually have it from canteen. So I just thought that it may be helpful." Arnav felt a warrmth knowing that she noticed all these thing and brought the tiffin for him.

"Seems like someone observes well." This time Khushi decided to ignore him and placed the book infront of him.

"Lets start then. Here you can workout in this book." Saying this she hand over him a book.

"Pen?" Arnav asked her, making her roll her eyes. Khushi took out a pen from her bag and gave him a pen.

Khushi sat opposite to him and started explaining. At first he kept staring at her face and she had to tell him to concentrate on the book. Slowly he started to concentrate on what she was saying to him. Arnav raised his eyes from the book to look at her. The sight that welcomed him was not a pleasant one for him at that moment.

"Khushi sit straight or cover up your chest." Arnav told her as she is sitting opposite to him with her cleavage exposed. Khushi understood what he meant and sit straight placing her hand on her chest. She felt embarrassed and kept looking at the book.

"I didn't see anything, you can stop being embarrassed and continue our class." Arnav told her and composing herself she started to teach him.This time, she was so distracted and kept on checking her dress. Arnav took his bag and gave her a scarf.

"Wrap it around your neck, it will cover your front." Khushi took the scarf and wrapped it around her neck, covering her front fully.

Around noon, they went to have food in a restaurant nearby. It was little crowded and Khushi noticed how protective Arnav is. He made sure that nobody touches her or disturb her. He waited for her to finish the food. She noticed how he scare off a man who was checking her out. Khushi remembered the previous incident and felt respect towards him. If it was someone else, they would have taken advantage of the situation and she wouldn't even know
about it. They returned back to the place and continued with their lessons.

On evening Arnav dropped her back home. "Khushi if you are planning to wear this dress to college, pair it up with a scarf." Saying this Arnav drives away. Khushi stood there, understanding why he said that.

For a months, on every Saturday Khushi taught him maths. When she gets lost in books, he used to admire her. He used to wait for saturday from then. More than Arnav, Khushi was the one who got hell tensed on his maths exam. When he told her that he did well, she felt content. On the day of his result too, she was more tensed than him. Arnav didn't care about his result at all. It was Khushi who checked out his result. He got just pass in every subject except maths. For maths he scored more than half of the total mark. Khushi got so happy as if he had got full mark on the subject.

On that day, when they reached their
usual place, Khushi couldn't control her excitement and hugged him tight.

"Omg... Arnav...you passed the exam...you did a good job with maths. I'm very proud of you." Arnav wrapped his arms around her and whispered a thank you. That's when she realised what she is did. Khushi got disentangled from the hug and felt a peck on her forehead.

"I knew that I were a good student to you." Khushi gave him a stern look and said.

"Yeah, indeed a dedicated student."

'Laadgovernor, can't even say that I taught him well.' Khushi thought.

"So what do my teacher want in return of her hardwork?" Khushi wasn't expecting that and said the first thing that came to her mind.

"Panipuri...." Arnav looked at her like she had grown horns.

"Can we go and have panipuri from xyz street?" She asked nervously and saw him starting his bike.

"Come, let's go then." Khushi sat behind him and they went to the street. Arnav brought her panipuri and pay for the students who came to have panipuri.

End of flashback.

Khushi lean back on to his shoulder. "Arnav, I want to ask you something."

"See I told you that you are going to get distracted."

"Just answer this question and I will go back to my books. Don't you had a tiny bit of temptation to look at my cleavage on that day?"

"Baby If I wanted to see your body, I could have done that earlier. I could easily spike your drink and do whatever I want with you. Like every boys, I too have desires. But there is one thing that is above all these things." Khushi looked at him not knowing what is it.

"Your trust on me. It's is the thing that overpowered everything in me.I felt that I will break your trust if I give into my desires. There were time, I had an intense urge to kiss you and it took a great amount of control to suppress those desires. I wanted to take these slowly for you. Also there is one thing, call it my ego. I wanted you to trust me enough to show yourself to me. I wanted you to do that yourself without any force or compulsion." After saying this, he placed a kiss on her head while holding her hand. After hearing his reply she felt like the luckiestgirl in the world. She placed a quick kiss on his cheek and wiped her tears.

"Don't flood this room with your tears
baby." Arnav teased her for which he got a jab on his shoulder by her.

"Okay, stop your water works and concentrate on your book." Khushi looked at the time and find out that it is already past ten.

"Arnav, you should go and sleep. I will
join you after completing this chapter."

"It's okay, you finish this and we will sleep together." Arnav sat there with her. After two hours Khushi completed the chapter.

"Let's sleep Arnav." She said closing her books. Arnav get up and Khushi held his hand.

"Arnav,can we sleep here today?" She said pointing at the sofa they are sitting.

"Here?"

"On the sofa...you know in films couples sleeps on sofa, isn't it so cute?" She giggled at him.

"In films, they do lots of other things on sofa too." He said with a wink.

"Who is stopping you laadgovernor? You can even do that now." Khushi replied with a shy smile.

"Sorry to disappoint you my dumbbell. You are only getting sleeping part today." He flickered her nose with his finger.

"Don't call me dumbbell Arnav. From now don't lift me laadgovernor." On the next moment, she got lifted by him.

"I told you not to lift me." She scolded him.

"I will lift my girlfriend whenever and wherever I wanted." Saying this he took her to the room.

"Laadgovernor, I told you my wish to sleep on the sofa and now you are taking me to room. How can you do that? It was just a small harmless wish." Arnav brought her to the room and asked her to pick up the pillows and blanket. Khushi understood that he brought her here to pick up stuffs. He put her down and arranged everything on the sofa. Arnav lifted her and made her lie on the sofa. He removed his t-shirt and laid down beside her.

"Baby just because I'm shirtless, don't try to take advantage of me." He teased his girl.

"You are saying as if I'm going to steal your virtue."

"Well, you have already taken care of my virtue baby."

"Lets sleep shameless laadgovernor." A blushing Khushi said wrapping her arms around him while placing her head on his chest.

"Sleep baby." He told her while stroking her hair after pecking her hair partition. Khushi closed her eyes, sleeping peacefully hearing the sound of his heartbeats. Arnav stared at her sleeping figure and placed a kiss on her forehead. He covered them properly with the
blanket and slept peacefully.

********

Do comment and vote.

Precap

She started to have the chocolate with
throaty moans and licks. She saw him peeking at her and moaned loudly.She got disappointed getting no response from him.

"What happened to this laadgovernor??? Usually he gets disturbed by all these. May be he is controlling himself, let's moan little more sexy now." Khushi said to herself.

********

She pouted and walked away.

"Baby stop." She continue to walk ignoring his words.

"Baby stop now."

"I said stop now." He repeated.

"Khushi, stop there." Arnav shouted loudly making her freeze.

"Turn around now." He ordered.Khushi turned around without looking him. "Come here." He called her.

"Why?" She whined at him.

"Khushi I said come here." Khushi walked towards him and stood in front of him.

**********

Flashback

"Did you just roll your eyes at us?" Akash asked her.

"No sir, why will I roll my eyes at you? I was just looking here and there. Isn't this a beautiful campus?" Khushi said in ever so polite voice.

"Here, go and buy some cigarettes" Shyam forwarded some money at her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 2.3K 5
#1 in Romance on Oct 2018...#6 out of 7K in 2017 on March 2019/ . A heartfelt thanks to All for making it happen... A Story of a man who broke all th...
130K 8.5K 43
Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. This is the story of Aranv and Khushi who were only meant to be passeng...
172K 9.3K 30
Nafrat paas ane na de Mahobat door jane na de( hatred keeps them apart but love keeps them closer) What will happen when love overcomes Hatred. Read...
507K 26.4K 60
Highest rank: #26 in fanfiction, #1 in Arshi Won "CHARM AWARD" on IPKKND CHARM AWARDS-2K18 **UNEDITED- FIRST DRAFT** "Khushi, at least we can be frie...