snow and stars| jon snow

By sansa-skywalker

snow touching stars is a rare thing. a jon snow fanfiction| game of thrones A Targaryen and a Vela we... More

playlist
prologue: the galaxy
i : the better queen
ii: the siren of ilta
iii: the stag touches the stars
iv : the lone star
v : dorne
vi: a martell
vii: the storm of ilta
viii: westerosi men
ix: the queen of the night
x: dead songbirds
xi: the honoring
xii: first of her name
xiii: the darkness and its counterpart
xiv: soulbond
xv: the dawn of their time
xvi: the string
xvii: soon again
part two
xviii: the wolves
xix: needle
xx: dorne and ilta
xxii: the power of seven
xxiii: the sun has risen
xxiv: love and duty
xxv: give you love
xxvi: martells
xxvii: pandora's wall
xxviii: make us both forget
xxix: commander and the queen
xxx: goodbye again
author's note
xxxi: jenny of oldstones
fin: your hair, my name

xxi: the lightning queen

3.3K 123 21
By sansa-skywalker

Jon's men had already loaded off of the ship, that was very apparent. The amount of black and red was nearly unbelievable. Black and red battled yellow and orange, something she never thought she would see in her lifetime. Andromeda walked into the chaos again, this time with a slight limp. She was still a warrior all the same, even more so now that she had on a little blood to decorate her nightgown.

   "Do not attack Targaryen men!" She yelled in vain. She knew they would never hear her. The people assumed, seeing that the Targaryen forces were only going for the Dornish people. They fought alongside the Targaryen men and women, and she couldn't have been more proud. Pandora.

   She flew around over head, searching for Pandora or even Jon. She found him first, and instantly the pull brought her back to the ground. She dove into the ground and killed the man that was coming up onto Jon's back, and as if he could sense her, he turned.

  "Andromeda." He said, his eyes filling fondly for a moment. It didn't take him long before he remembered the setting. "What are you doing here? You need to be safe, up in a tower or something!" He never was very articulate, even for a king.

   He looked handsome in his black and red, in his touches of gray here and there. She could barely focus on his face, but she didn't need to. She had memorized everything about his face, from his eyebrows to his mouth and chin. She wanted to stay and commit his year older face to memory, but she couldn't. They were ducking and dodging and sending their own blows towards enemies, but there wasn't much more in their area. They weren't in the thick of it yet. "I need to find Pandora."

  "I can find her." He insisted. "You, go back."

"You want me to leave after a year of not seeing you? More than that, even."

   "I just want you safe." He said, breathing heavily. "Go back, please. Stay with my sisters." He pushed her in the direction before fighting off a straggler.

   "I need to find he-" she stopped when she heard a scream. It was a very specific scream, one that she would know from anywhere. It was from the woman who had been screaming her name as if she was her mother for so many years, the woman who had been her main system of support since the Baratheon raid. Andromeda stopped breathing as she heard it again, this time much closer. Footsteps and clanking armor came, and Andromeda identified Pandora's head faster than she ever thought she could. And she identified the way the man was chasing her towards her.

    "Andromeda!" She yelled, locking eyes with her. Jon grabbed her tightly, but she simply punched him right in the jaw, running right towards her friend. She saw the terror in her face, in her eyes as they ran closer to each other. The man was catching up, and before they could touch hands, Pandora's neck met the sharp blade of a sword. Her head flew in the air dramatically, the scream she had cut short.

    Andromeda stopped in her tracks, her mouth banging open slightly out of shock. She put her hand to her mouth and dropped her weapon, her body hunching over in a way she didn't think it could. Her crown was tilting as she bent over and let out a wretched scream. She couldn't hear the way Jon was yelling, and she couldn't see the way the man was smirking at her. Her back straightened and he tears turned into streaks of anger. Her mouth set determinedly, and she raised her hands to the sky. The man simply laughed at her antics, but he wasn't laughing when the storm came.

   Thunder was booming louder than a thousand drums. Rain was pouring. It was coming down like it was the Storm of Seven Nights all over again, reflecting her anger completely as Jon stood back from her, not entirely knowing what she would do. She crossed her arms against her chest, harnessing all the energy in the world in reaction to the man bringing out the worst in her. He had beheaded Pandora, and she had seen it with her own eyes. She decided that then and there that Pandora would be the last of hers to fall.

    She yanked her arms apart stiffly, the water whipping behind them and on all sides of the island and her hair bowing fiercely in the wind. Lightning struck the man, frying him to an unrecognizable point. She breathed out as she allowed the lightning to reside in the clouds for a moment.

   "Andromeda," she could barely hear Jon's voice over the wind and the blood howling in her ears. Nonetheless, she turned around. He flinched at the sight of her.

   Her eyes had become bloodshot, her body was shaking, and she had the anger of a thousand women in her. She was breathing hard, so hard that he was scared she would topple over. She looked mad. But not only that, she looked crazy. He knew where this was going. "Andromeda. Let's go to the tower, let's calm down-" he cut himself off on seeing her haunted face, a face he had never seen on her before. She looked heartbroken, and she looked like she wasn't going to listen to him for shit.

  "She will be the absolute last of my family to die." Andromeda said, the screams across the island not phasing her anymore. "And my family is all of Ilta." Before he could attempt to talk her out of it, she shot into the sky, the thunder and lightning working at her command. She shouted something unintelligible in the sky, and she aimed at the ground.

  Anyone the young queen could see wearing yellow and orange was a target. She didn't think of Oberon, she didn't even think about her father. All she could think of was the man who had just killed the woman who had been a friend and mentor to her, the woman who acted as her mother. She killed everyone who wasn't wearing any of her two colors, and she did it well. Her aim was impeccable. With another force of energy, the daylight turned into night, where she thrived.

   The sky was dark and cloudy now, and she could truly be the Night Queen. She made it rain, and she did it hard. Lightning came unexpectedly in the dark night, and she no longer had any lighting to search for the enemy. There was one thing the enemy had never trained for that her people had though, and that was fighting in the pitch black darkness. Her men and women were trained to feel and hear everything in the dark, and she knew she would win this way.

  Andromeda screamed again, seeing flashbacks from years ago again and again. Her Pandora's head flying in the air, her mother's lifeless body hitting the ground. She remembered Ophelia dying in her arms, wheezing and telling her that she never truly resented her. She remembered Hyperion defending her until his last breath, and the way her father was stabbed in the back. It was all too much, and the universe couldn't hold her angst, she couldn't hold her angst and anger any longer. She screamed one last time, and the night sky lit up with things only a Maester would be able to explain.

    The fighting on the ground stopped upon seeing the bright lights in the sky, an explosion in the night. Pink and passionate red and yellow ignited, bursting from the center to go stretch outwards. Her power was going in huge waves, the ground trembling with the amount of force the blast was producing. She cried silent tears to herself up above as she let the night fade back into day, turning the sun back on to see the bodies of her enemies laying dead, and her men nearly passed out. But alive. She couldn't smile.

   She floated back to the ground, her nightgown almost gone by now. The blast and nearly burned it all off, and almost nothing was covering her modesty anymore. She walked nearly naked over to Jon, who immediately handed her the black cloak he was wearing. She turned away from him while she put it on, and turned back to see him looking at her with pity.

  "Please don't tell me you pity me." She said to him, and his face grew into a tired smile upon hearing her voice.

  "I don't." He lied, trying to make her feel better and take her mind off of Pandora's body lying on the ground, dead. "I'm so happy to see you."

  "It's not the time." She remarked automatically, brushing his hand away softly. "We need to make sure everyone is safe. The tower stayed manned, but I have no idea if there are anymore stragglers."

   "Andromeda,"

"It looks like a war zone here. It'll take a while for Ilta to regain its strength." She mumbled to herself, looking anywhere but Jon. "Your sisters are up there safe, did Gendry and Davos accompany you?"

  "Please, let's not talk about this right now." His hands itched to hold her.

She ignored him. "I have to fix this. It wasn't supposed to be this bad." She ran her hands through her messy hair, her night gown slipping up. "I can't believe I've failed my people like this. God, Pandora." She cried, rubbing her face, trying to find a distraction. She couldn't think about it again, or she would go mad.

   "Hey!" His shout got to her through her panic. The smell of smoke from the lightning was coming through her nose, and her wild eyes met Jon's calm and weary ones. He had been through war many times, this was almost his normal. The bodies on the ground didn't matter momentarily as they stared at each other, the wreckage all around them on pause as they stared into each other's eyes truly for the first time in too many moons. He had one of his hands on her waist and the other gently on her neck as he stared at her with passion. This was what she needed.

   "Jon," she cried, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't tell if she was happy, she couldn't tell if she was sad. "I've missed you."

    He pulled her head closer to his, their foreheads resting together. "I've missed you more than I have ever missed anyone else, my love." It was all empty but them, the two staring and holding each other while everything else looked to be in near ruins. "I've missed my wife dearly."

"And I've missed my husband." Before she could even breathe after saying the words, he kissed her passionately, the vigor of the time they had been apart finally hitting Jon. Their lips moved quickly, engulfing each other and showing love in a way that was physically closer than any letter. She fell into it, her eyes closed and her body humming with joy at being held so close to him. She forgot about Pandora, and Sansa, and even Ilta. She was Jon and he was Andromeda. They were one, and they were finally together again.

   She pulled apart a bit to look into his eyes. "You don't know how much I wanted to hear from you. I thought you had left me."

   He shook his head and grabbed both sides of her face. "I could never leave you, My Queen. I will be with you until the snow turns to stars, and back again." He brought her face in slowly one more time, kissing her softly. She pulled away and went to slowly open her eyes, but they shot open once she felt a sharp pain in her back. She took an intake of breath once she felt it, and she looked at Jon's confused face. She looked down at her stomach, and she saw the head of a spear poking out, her nightgown now stained Targaryen red. She gripped Jon, who panicked once he saw it.

   "Oh," She said in shock, grasping his arms as she fell forward. He leaned her off of him to get the pressure off of the wound, his eyes looking for the attacker. He saw a man standing, weaponless. He looked tired and hungry, power hungry.

   "Help!" Jon yelled, holding his queen. "The Queen has been hurt!" Not too soon after, an army of footsteps rushed to the scene due to Jon's terrifying and horrified screams. He was more scared than he had been in his entire life, watching his third and strongest love lose her life in his arms. "Please! Kill him!" He shouted, not letting go of her.

  "Shhh." She shushed. He looked down at her, shaking his head at her.

  "Save your voice, my love." He said, putting his forehead on hers again.

    "No," she said, coughing and wincing. "You're too loud," she teased, blood pouring from her stomach.

  "You're going to be fine." He assured, rocking her back and forth as the surrounding people tried to pull him off. "Get off of me, let me hold her!"

  "She will die if you don't let go!" A man yelled from the crowd. "I'm a healer!"

    "My King," She said to him softly, as if it were the most intimate setting. "I can't die if I haven't given Targaryen and Vela children."

  "Hush, my love." Someone was still trying to pull him off. 

   "And I will," She wheezed. "Your hair, my name." Jon was finally ripped from her, forced to have his hands behind his back with his tears crawling down his face as they picked her up and away, taking her somewhere he didn't know.

   "Where is she going?" He shouted, and no one listened. "Where are they taking her?"

   No one knew.

*****
i have no idea what compelled me to post three in one day, maybe it's the fact that these three have been sitting here waiting pretty for a while along with the others. but once again, vote this bitch up and comment the hell out of her, because i love it! i hope y'all liked it other than the ending, which was pretty terribly written but hey, it's out :))) i love you guys so much, y'all who decided to stick with me and do this thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 10.6K 27
❝ I WOULDN'T PLAY WITH FIRE ,IF I WERE YOU. ICE MELTS FAST THESE DAYS. ❞ [ GAME OF THRONES AU ] [ AEGON'S CONQUEST ] [ AEGON TARGARYEN X OC ] [ Ⓒ win...
43.5K 811 15
Eddard 'Ned' Stark and Rhaenyra Targaryen He's ice and she's fire 2 complete opposites yet destined to be together How will the 2 make it through the...
43.3K 1.5K 18
𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐒 𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐄𝐍 descendant of Rhaenyra Targaryen, was adopted by Lord Ned Stark and brought to Winterfell. As the years went by...
302K 10.6K 75
"WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MADNESS AND SANITY THEY SAY NO GREAT MIND HAS EVER EXISTED WITHOUT A TOUCH OF MADNESS" ...