Living a Dream (In Edit/On Ho...

By hola_its_me

Annabelle Frye moves to LA to make her dreams come true. She wants to be famous in the music business. When s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A/N

Chapter 20

56 2 0
By hola_its_me

(Annabelle's POV)

The sound of the crowd was deafening as I ran over to where my guitar was. I quickly put the strap around my neck just as the lights turned on. I didn't think it was possible but the audience got even louder. The stage lights warmed my skin and made me blink a few times. I could see Brooke, Elliot, and Adrian waving their arms in the first row. Emmett stepped up to the mic and the whole crowd got quieter.

"Thank you everyone!" Emmett said causing the crowd to road again. "We are going to start off with a song we wrote called Living."

We got through our three old songs and a new one that Emmett, Sean, and Nick had written. I put my guitar on the stand then stood at the edge of the stage with the others.

"You guys have been an amazing audience tonight!" Emmett cheered into the microphone. "We'd love to stay but unfortunately we have to let Tara have the stage. Thank you!"

With that the lights turned off and we quickly made an exit off the stage. Adrenaline coursed through my veins as people hugged and congratulated us backstage. A tall man with wavy hair walked up to us.

"You guys were great," he said then held out a small rectangular paper. "I'm Jason Marino, from Marino Music"

Emmett took the business card from his hand and studied it.

"I think you have real potential. Give me a call sometime," Jason said.

"Yes, sir," Emmett said shaking his hand.

Jason walked off with a lady in a suit.

"Did that just happen?" Sean asked in a daze.

"I think it did," I mumbled.

"Jacob Marino," James said quietly. "Marino Music. That's like the biggest recording studio ever!"

"This is so awesome!" Nick shouted.

Tara hurried over in full make up and costume.

"You guys were amazing!" Tara cheered.

"Thank you!" I said giving her a hug. "You look great!"

"Thanks! By the way, you can all keep the outfits," Tara said. "As a thank you kind of thing."

"But we're already getting paid a lot of money and these are expensive," Emmett said.

"Don't worry about it. Diego told me to tell you," Tara said waving her hand. "I saw Jason Marino talking to you. That's a good sign!"

"Really?" Sean asked.

"Definitely," Tara stated.

"C-Can I get your autograph?" I asked.

"Sure!" She said.

Tara grabbed a nearby pen and clipboard that must've belonged to one of the workers.

"Do you guys want one too?" She asked.

They nodded furiously and Tara started scribbling on the paper. She unclipped it then tore it into five different pieces. Mine said "You are an amazing singer and guitarist! I know you'll make it big someday! -Tara Johanson"

"Thank you!" I squealed.

"No problem. I gotta go on stage in five minutes so I'll see you later," She said then walked off.

*timeskip*

My phone rang from where it sat on my desk. I clicked answer then pressed it up to my ear.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey, it's Emmett," Emmett said.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well, I'm writing a new song and I decided to write a love song," Emmett explained. "What was it like when you first said I love you?"

"It actually wasn't all that romantic. It was more of saying I think I love you," I said.

That line was silent.

"Emmett?" I asked.

"That's perfect!" Emmett cheered.

The line went dead and I stared at it in confusion. Okay then. I set the phone down and went back to my homework. A few moments passed before I started to feel restless. I looked at the clock that read eight forty-six. I got up and started to pace the room but that didn't help my jitteriness. I grabbed my Ipod and my sneakers then ran down the stairs.

"Can I go on a run?" I asked my Aunt Cierra.

"It's getting kind of late," she said eyeing the clock.

"I won't be long. Please," I begged.

"Fine, be back by nine thirty," she said.

"Thank you!" I called as I ran out the front door.

I quickly slipped on my shoes then put in my ear buds. I ran two miles before coming back home. My neck was slightly damp and beads of sweat ran down my face. I peeled my clothes off getting in the shower to wash my perspiration away. When I got back to my room Adrian was sitting on her bed reading a magazine.

"How was your date?" I asked.

"Amazing! We had a picnic at the beach and it was so beautiful!" Adrian squealed. "Where were you at?"

"I just went on a run," I said. "I was feeling antsy."

I changed into shorts and a t-shirt then hopped into bed. I noticed a small orange transparent bottle with a white lid.

"I forgot to take my medicine," I said.

"That's probably why you were feeling restless," Adrian said laughing.

I quickly swallowed the pills then snuggled under the blanket while Adrian turned the lights off. I squeezed my eyes shut but my heart was still racing.

"I have a lot of energy," I whined.

I heard something go flying through the air and lightly land on my stomach. I held the small object up to the light to see a small white pill bottle with a blue cap. I took the sleeping pill then set the bottle on the bedside table.

"Thank you," I said.

*timeskip*

"What was the song you wrote?" I asked.

I stepped into Emmett's large foyer and took my shoes off.

"I'll show you. Everyone else is downstairs," Emmett said running down to the basement.

When I got to the music room James, Nick, and Sean was waiting for me. They immediately went to their spots with their instruments. Emmett stuck two pieces of paper on the stand in front of me.

"Have you guys practiced the song yet?" I asked.

"Only I have," Emmett said, "Did I forget to say that me and Nick won't be in this song?"

"What? Are you serious?" Nick asked.

"And James is the only one playing an actual instrument," Emmett added.

"What?" James cried. "If I mess up then everyone will know it was me and I can't just blame it on someone else!"

I looked at the music sheet for the first time to see that there was lyrics.

"You're going to make me and Sean sing a duet about love?" I asked.

"This is my new favorite song," Sean said causing me to blush.

"Yes, and it's going to be beautiful," Emmett stated. "Now quit whining and start playing!"

James sighed before pressing some keys on his keyboard. The tempo was slow and pretty and soon we were deep into the song. We finished and James had only messed up four times.

"That was amazing!" Nick cheered.

"I knew that you two would be perfect," Emmett said to Sean and I.

"I have to admit, that was really good," I said.

I looked at the top of the music sheet to see the name Might Be Love.

"Wait, if we ever perform this song then what are we going to do?" Nick asked.

"I don't know, I guess we could just take a break," Emmett shrugged.

"Speaking of performing, have you called Jacob Marino back?" Sean asked.

"I forgot!" Emmett cried.

He ran out the door and up the stairs.

"Where's he going?" I asked.

"Probably to get the business card and call him," James guessed.

He started practicing the song again while Sean and I tried to memorize the lyrics. Emmett was gone for ten minutes before he burst through the door scaring all of us. His eyes were lit up and he had a ginormous smile on his face.

"What?" Sean asked.

"Guess who got themselves a record deal?" Emmett asked.

"No way," I said quietly.

"Yes way! They want us to go to the studio tomorrow to start recording!" Emmett shouted.

"If you are joking then I swear I will kill you," Nick said.

"I'm completely and utterly serious," Emmett said trying not to smile but it looked more like he was twitching.

"This is the best day ever!" James yelled.

We all went into a group hug, squeezing each other as hard as we could. I could feel my eyes watering with tears of joy.

"This is so amazing!" I said. "It's everything I've ever dreamed!"

"I know and he said that we might even have a tour across the country!" Emmett exclaimed.

At those words my tears finally fell.

A/N

I discovered that you aactually don't spell Adrian like Adrian for a girl. It's supposedly spelled Adrienne but I'm like 90% sure I've seen girls names spelled like Adrian. Oh well, I can't change it now. But I like it spelled Adrian better anyways. I got a freaking C on my paper in english! A 73%! Now I have to retype ot over the weekend when I could've had no homework. I honestly usually get B-'s on school papers. I didn't really know what to do for this chapter so here you go! :D

Please read my latest chapter of The Diary of Me. There is something important that I want everyone to read.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 1.2K 47
Colliding with a famous rock band vocalist was an accident, but dating him was a choice. Samantha Morris felt at a crossroads after graduating from...
22.4K 794 14
What the title said but with a dangerous twist 😝 Co-writer @xoxoshoshanaxoxo
13.8K 691 38
when sexy psychologist scarlett lucas goes on tour with the sinners to study groupie behavior, every boy in the band tries to seduce her. © Olivia Cu...
18.8K 961 49
Noah Pierce was expecting his first tour to be a wild, endless party, complete with more girls than he could handle. What he wasn't expecting was Sad...