Not an ordinary ghost haunting

By JohannaMorningBlue

Tessa Hampton has just moved in her new dream house. A romantic Victorian Cottage in the village of Ellington... More

Chapman Cottage
First day in the house
First night at Chapman Cottage
A ghost dog

Flashback

6 1 0
By JohannaMorningBlue

Hello.

My name is Tessa Hampton. I am a school teacher working and living on the outside of the city.

My grandfather was a native from the town of Ellington. Although he moved away from this idyllic little village when he was a teenager, he took me there many times in the summers of my youth.

Usually we would go camping beside the lake near Chapman Cottage for about a week. And we would fish there. After that we would stay in an hotel in Humpshire before going back home.

When I heard that Chapman Cottage went up for sale, I had to take my chance. There was no way I could say no to the place where some of my favorite memories have taken place.

Luckily I was early in contacting the previous owner. And she was willing to put off some of the price.

That owner is the lovely Mary Hurt. A lovely woman who is around sixty years old. She explained how she fell in love with a local. Both divorced, and just two lonely hearts that happened to find each other.

She moved from York to live with him. But after a few years of living together, he died. And now nothing keeps mrs. Hurt here anymore, she decided to go back to York, to take care of her elderly mother.

And I happened to be buying her house.

I learned that the Cottage was a place of summer holidays for the Chapman family. Just like me, they spent the summers here.

They were apparently London based, and owned this Cottage as a summer house and a stop between travels across the country.

It's just after the school year and I have been planning this trip well. And now I can move in and prepare myself before the new school year starts.

Actually. I need to sign the papers before I can officially move in. But in my mind I'm already moved in.

I know Ellington a little bit. There is a park, the lake, a library, a school and a community center. Other things I have yet to discover, but I'm so happy to be here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 180K 67
Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritual Category. Winner of Best Muslim Reader...
651K 10.8K 14
On the verge of tears, she smiled. ~~~~~ "I have noticed a thing about you; you don't like being treated like a lady. You prefer being treated with...
345K 15.2K 37
𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑜𝑓 17 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟'𝑠 𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑅𝑢𝑏𝑎𝑎𝑏, 𝑤𝒉𝑜'𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑐𝒉𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡𝒉 𝑜�...
938K 39.4K 59