Spiritmal, By The Light Of A...

Por fluff_writer_

Book 1 in the Spiritmal series Emily is a young girl who has always dreamed to become a racer and own her ve... Más

1. A day to remember
2. Journey's beginning!
3. Across the water
4. The lonely spiritmal
5. A painful recovery
6. A race to remember
8. A whole new world!!!!!
9. Village of the beasts
10. Race number 2
11. Working life
12. A new job
13. Chilly Winds
14. Forest Ranger
15. Showdown in Town!
16. One day rivalry
17. Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring
18. A confused trainer
19. Control and Order
20. Impulsive much?
21. Bonds are deeper than worry
22. A mysterious connection
23. Mission Windsteed begins
24. Battling with kitty cats
25. The old lady
26. Picking up the pace
27. Too late
28. Dawn of the Phoenixight
29. Strong Aura
30. Saying goodbye
31. A new beginning
Random art
Sequel information

7. First f-light

14 2 1
Por fluff_writer_

The racers inch closer towards the finishing line. In the lead was a tri-color wolfabeast with a blue lionblitz not close behind...

Just then, the tri-color wolfabeast crossed the finishing line.

I watched as the rest of the spectators stood up alongside me and clapped for the winner of the race. Especially when he got a medal as a reward for his win.

As the rest of the spectators started to leave the scene, me and Star stayed behind for a while. After all, a spiritmal recovers fully from any injuries after an evolution, leaving us tons of time to admire the view of the race track, a wide expense of water in between the two rows of seats. It was beautiful, even though it didn't reflect the stars above. I watched the gentle ripples alongside Star before gazing up at the sky. Spotting the Phoenixight constellation in the sky.

"Look there Star!" I pointed at a cluster of constellations in the night sky.

"Starrr?"

"It's the constellation of the Phoenixight! A legendary spiritmal of the moon. Beside it is the the constellation of the Dawmorix." I pointed to the group of stars beside it. "It's the spiritmal of the sun. The two of them are said to be the reason the sun and moon rises everyday, looking after the seasons of the world."

"Starrrrr... Star." Another bright light engulfed Star.

Another evolution? I wondered before realizing what was really happening.

Star was changing into her true form for the first time.

I gasped as the light faded, leaving a gigantic bird in front of me. It's bright yellow feathers giving off a slight glow, illuminating the race track with its light.

"Whoa! This is cool! I had no idea that I could do this!"

I gasped once more, louder than my first. Shock striking me like a lightning bolt. Did Star just...

"Cool!"

Ok... this was insane. I had read many books about Spiritmals and none of them ever, I repeat, ever, mentioned about spiritmals being able to talk to their trainer, much less someone who doesn't know them. Well... that was with a few exceptions, but those were mostly legendaries.

In fact, I had even asked Tim if he could communicate with Fang, that he replied that he could do so with sign language. And here I am, hearing a Spiritmal speak to me in a way I had never thought possible.

"Hey Emily! I know that you cannot understand me but are you ok? You seem a little pale..."

I gulped. "Yes Star... I'm fine... I just didn't know that you can speak."

Star blinked. "Wait a minute..."

"Yea... I could actually understand you..." I continued.

"But that's..."

"Impossible." We said at the same time.

"Or maybe it's not..." I mumbled to myself.

"Umm... ok... want a ride?" Star quickly asked, trying her best to make things less awkward. She flaps a little, seeming surprised when her feet remained stuck to the ground.

"Have you even learned how to fly?" I lifted an eyebrow, causing Star to hesitate.

"Umm... I sort of assumed that I'll automatically learn it after evolution?"

I shook my head a little.

"What about this, let's practice your flying tomorrow. For now, you may want to change back to your disguise form."

"Ok Emily!" Star quickly changed back into the little bird I know.

"Do you think that we would still be able to communicate when you are in this form?" I asked curiously, picking up Star and placing her on my shoulder.

"Let's see... can you hear me?" Star asked.

"Ok... I can..." I answered as I stroked the feathers at the top of her head. Walking out together with her back towards the hotel.
——————

"Wake up Emily! The early bird gets the worm!"

I groaned, opening my eyes to see a blurry form of Star in front of me. Rubbing my eyes to clear them, I opened them once more.

"Seriously Star? It's only 6:30 in the morning!" I exclaimed as soon as I saw the time on the bedside clock.

"Sorry... I'm just used to waking up at this timing. Yesterday was an exception." She puffed out her chest slightly, looking like the bird version of a military officer reporting for duty.

"Goodness... why would a young spiritmal like you wake up so early every day?"

Star kept quiet for a moment. Looking down slightly as her claws played with the blanket she was standing on.

"Felix made me wake up at this time everyday. If I didn't, I wouldn't get my breakfast..." she whispered softly, causing me to feel guilty for asking that question.

"I'm sorry Star... I didn't know..."

We sat there in silence for a moment, neither of us saying anything.

"I'll go get myself ready... then I could help you practice your flying." I broke the few minutes of silence, finally preparing for the day itself.

"Emily?" Star asked softly.

"Yes?"

"You wouldn't abandon me like the rest did... will you?"

I hesitated for a while. Up to now, I have not actually decided if I was ready to adopt Star as my own spiritmal. However, seeing her pleading face, I couldn't just say no to her. It would break her emotionally, especially with all that rejection she had already went through.

"I...I won't Star..." I finally answered. We would be leaving this town tomorrow so I guess I'll capture you for real first thing tomorrow morning. How does that sound?"

"Nice... it sounds nice..." Star replied, still seemingly unconvinced by my answer. However, then again, I couldn't blame her.
———————

After a breakfast of dried grapes for Star and a Taco for me, the two of us went to the spiritmal center's training grounds. There was one of those in nearly every town, making training easier for racers, battlers, performers and most other spiritmal occupations.

"Star, are you ready?" I asked her. She was currently standing of one of the Tightropes meant for the performers, ready to jump down and practice her flying.

"You'll catch me if I fall... right?" Star asked, her body language showing that she was slightly distressed to be at such a height.

"I would!" I reassured her, giving her the courage to jump down from the tightrope.

"Ahhhhh!" She screamed, flapping her wings furiously in an attempt to break her fall, rushing forward, I quickly caught her before she fell to the ground.

"T-thanks." she answered, still slightly dazed from whatever that had happened.

"Ready to try again?"

She immediately nodded furiously, as I climbed the ladder to place her back on the tightrope.

Star jumped once more, flapping slower as she attempted to let the air bring her upwards. She was nearly successful as she stayed up longer than the previous time, even going slightly up at a certain point in time.

Catching her once more, the process repeated, Star improving slightly every time she jumped down from the tightrope. On the fiftieth time, I finally decided that that was enough training for now.

"Once more... please?" Star begged. I sighed, giving in to her request as I placed her on the tightrope once more.

Star jumped, flapping her wings once more. This time, however, she managed to hover in the air for half a minute before falling back into my arms.

"Good job Star!" I praised her on her progress. To my surprise, her eyes had widened while I praised her, her mouth slightly opened.

"You're actually praising me?" She asked. This... this isn't some joke... right?

I smiled. "It's not a joke Star."

I knew that it would still be quite a while before Star would get used to actually being treated nicely. However, I knew that with time, she would get used to it eventually.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

273K 6.4K 60
After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto region. They all meet and discover a tourn...
14.5K 622 37
[2/3 Ten Keepers Series] It has been a year since the second war but something is awakening. Something older than the first war, as old as the Evertr...
21K 276 60
Millie, an eleven-year-old girl who lives in the Alola region, has always dreamed of being a pokemon trainer. But her mother believes pokemon are dan...
61.6K 944 44
|-Complete, Undergoing Editing-| Ash Ketchum had always been a lively and optimistic boy. He had his friends, his mother, his Pokemon and a lot more...