Hallmark (Marked Series #3) |...

By loyalroyale

Dating a renowned playboy isn't always a good thing. **** After dealing with internal complications of Nami a... More

ABOUT
FOREWORD
The Characters
Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
OUTRO
Author's Note
Book Four of the Marked Series!
MUST READ
SUPPORT ME ON WEBTOON!

Special Chapter

955 50 12
By loyalroyale

1412

Mark sat by the couch over the common area as he waits for Taeyong to go down from his room. He looks around their house and noticed the difference it had the last time he visited their home. He rests his back further when his dad suddenly appeared from the entry porch.

"Mark, what brings you here so early?"

"Uncle Jiyong." Mark stood to greet Taeyong's father. "Taeyong said I need to pick him up today in honor of our friendship."

Jiyong laughs and lands a hand over Mark's shoulder. "I sometimes wonder how he got that feisty attitude of his."

"Dad," Taeyong runs down the staircase to meet Mark.

"You boys have fun today then and I'll," Jiyong pauses with a sigh. "I'll be in my office thinking of ways to feed my son."

Mark laughs at Taeyong's father's comment. "Thank you,"

Taeyong shakes his head before turning to his friend. "I said to come here by ten. It's only nine." He squints his eyes at him as he wore his jacket. "I didn't think you were this dumb to not even tell the difference between them."

"I'm never really late for anything and I make sure I get to the location an hour earlier than the said time so," Mark crosses his arms, shrugging with his confident glare annoying Taeyong more than it should.

The two finally got out of Taeyong's residence to pick up Jaehyun to meet up at Johnny's house. When they reached there, Johnny welcomes them inside. They headed to their living room and sat facing each other waiting for someone to speak.

Mark, on the other hand, could not stop turning his head to find the girl he mostly anticipated to see. As he was scanning to through every open room he could see to find her but failed miserably, Johnny immediately crushes his dreams.

"My sister is still downtown for the next week. Don't even think about it, Markypie."

Mark's eyes widened for a brief moment before he chuckles, scratching his head awkwardly. "I wasn't—"

"Save your excuses, disgusting friend of mine who can't follow a simple rule to not be lovers with your friend's sister. I know you too well and I'm sure anyone would want to spend their special day with their special persons."

"To be fair, none of us knew you were going to be siblings and you're step-siblings so that deducts something." Mark defends.

"What exactly do you want to happen, Johnny? Why did you want to meet this day and in your house?" Jaehyun finally asked.

"Yeah. You only call for dumb meetings and I'm pretty sure this is going to be one." Taeyong adds.

Everyone diverts their attention to Johnny who was speechless by the sudden outburst of him. "Okay, chill." He steps back. "I figured, since its Mark's birthday, we should throw a party for once and invite the whole school!" he suggestively said with a very excited tone.

The other three looked at him in disbelief.

"I'll forget that you just said that." Taeyong replied, breaking the silence that was building up between them.

"We talked about this, Johnny." Mark speaks. "I already told you guys about how I want to spend my birthdays. Besides, I already took you guys to a barbeque place yesterday." He complained staring at Johnny with a disappointed look.

"Yes. This is just unnecessary." Jaehyun continued.

Johnny groans and rolls his head backwards before facing his friends again. "I get it, okay? I get that you want to spend your birthday with your lovies, I get you guys are party pooper – I get it. Really!"

Taeyong crosses his arms.

"I'm just saying." Johnny pauses. "We can't not host at least one party with a lot of people. That's just not normal!"

"No, we are normal. It's just really you that's not it." Taeyong corrects.

"You guys don't get my point! I hate it."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Johnny stood to get the door and he was surprised when a police officer stood outside with both his hands resting over his bulky belt. Johnny blinks unsure of what he should say.

"Excuse me sir but is Mark Lee in here right now?"

"Mark Lee?" Johnny repeats.

The officer nods.

"Yes?"

The officer pulls out a paper from his pocket and raises it up in the air. "We're here to arrest him."

"Arrest?"

"Can I?" The officer takes a step forwards which Johnny immediately reacts to by stepping aside for the officer to get inside their house. The officer walks inside with two other policemen before they spotted Mark. "Mark Lee?" The officer called out.

Mark stood in fury as he watched the officers turn to him. "Yes? Is there anything wrong, officer?" He asked politely.

The leading officer raises his hand in the air gesturing the two men to capture Mark. "Mr. Mark Lee, you're under arrest for..."

"Wait, what? Wait... I—" At that point, Mark couldn't understand what the officer was saying as the two men drags him away from his friend who were equally confused as he was. "I didn't do anything! What the—"

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do may be used against you..."

"I don't— what? Where are you taking me? Wh— Help!" Mark turns to his friends in grief as they continue dragging him further away.

"Stay calm. We'll get help." Jaehyun responded.

"We'll call your dad okay? Hang in there. We'll follow behind."

(Play this before you continue for better experience - not really)

Mark spaced out as he stared at the bars laying in front of him. He never imagined to see himself in a place like that on his birthday. The policemen wouldn't allow to set him free not unless his legal guardian pays his bailing fee and signs the form.

"Your dad's secretary called. She said your father's meeting will be over in an hour." Taeyong said as he stared at his friend behind the cell. "But I doubt a meeting would actually end in an hour. We all know the business shit is as complicated as your life."

Mark grunts. "I can't believe this is happening."

"Yeah, no shit." Taeyong replied with a scoff. "It'd be a shame to not see you in an orange tracksuit though." He added. "The great Mark Lee. Arrested this morning for stealing a chipmunk's breakfast."

He glares at him unamused. "And I can't believe you still call yourself my friend."

Taeyong laughs before he realized how devasted Mark was. "It'll be fine. Your dad will come get you out of there."

He did not reply.

"And maybe they get you in that orange suit first for me to enjoy before that happens."

Mark shakes his head.

"We'll be outside if you need anything."

"I just need to get out of here."

"In an hour, maybe." Taeyong teasingly responded before walking away from his cell.

Mark sighs feeling wronged as the silence deafens his ears. He sat by the only cold metal inside the small closed cell they had put him. He looks at his hands trying to figure out what got him there when all of a sudden, the speakers turned on in static.

He flinched at the sound until it stopped and a piano starts playing in the background. At least they know when to start making their prisoners feel less invaluable with this. He thought as the keys continue playing.

"매일 매일 기대 도착..."

Mark's eyes squinted in surprise as the singing starts. This voice...

" 많은 하지만 선택."

He blinks still confused.

"사랑해 갑자기 사랑해. 이렇게 너에게 미친 거야 Oh oh oh 잠시만 머물러 . 도망 가지 마라. 도둑질을 멈추라 ..."

Stop stealing? He creases his brows.

"하지만 마음을 훔치는 최고."

Mark's heart raced at the realization. At that moment, the TV monitor hanging by the wall outside his cell turns on to reveal Nami with two balloons in her hands, with the song still running by the background. "Hey, player!"

He smiles as he stares at the girl from the screen.

"You must be so shocked right now. I'm so sad I don't get to see that reaction."

I really am.

"Well I didn't really know how to make it a memorable day for you so I thought, maybe putting you in a cell for your birthday would do just fine!" She laughs. "Anyway, happy birthday! You're so old now. I can't believe I'm with you even if you treat me so bad."

Mark chuckles. You treat me badly.

"I'm sorry I can't be with you today on your special day but I'll be back soon! Don't miss me too much, okay? Okay, bye!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARKY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" At that, his friends came inside the cell room, shouting and making loud noises, clapping their hands and a massive explosion of confetti as Johnny appears with a cake in his hand.

Mark looks down in shock as the police officer laughs and unlocks him out of the cell. "Sorry about that kid. I was just being the cool officer I am to you, youngsters' trendy surprises." The lady explains.

"I can't believe you guys were into this." He said under his breath before blowing the candles off his cake.

"Nami forced us into this. We weren't going to push through it if Johnny and Nami weren't so persistent." Taeyong crosses his arms.

"It was funny though right? Our acting was too on point! I can't believe Sohee actually made it work like this. I didn't think it'd turn out this way but it's awesome right?!" Johnny exclaims laughing. "My sister's pretty mushy for planning all this – and the song? Oh my God." He added. "If you don't marry her Markypie, just leave her now."

Mark laughs instead and thought, Now all I need is you, princess.

Post-celebration scene...

"You really went that far to surprise me huh?" Mark asked as he stared at the girl he'll only ever love. "Making me believe I got in prison for stealing your heart? Is that it?" He continued teasingly before he felt Nami kick his leg.

"Stop it! You and I both know you still liked it even if you trash talk about it like that right now." She replied sipping from her smoothie.

He chuckles. "I'm liking you more than I thought, princess."

She raises a brow at me. "You're saying it like it's a bad thing."

"Because it is." Mark laughs.

"I hate you," She furrowed her brows at him.

And I love you, princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 125 21
~Girl you dress to impress, I embrace you, I wanna get you in bed huh~ . . . please read the warnings in above the stories before start reading the...
281K 16.8K 35
[l.m x l.dh] ೃ⁀➷ in which donghyuck is blissfully unaware of his inappropriate nighttime behaviour and poor in...
2K 127 19
ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs TAKE NOTE:The characters here don't act like this in real life. English isn't my first language so there might be grammar m...
234K 4K 28
can it really be just sex with no feelings? - nct mark fwb au HIGHEST RANKING #1 in leeminhyung