Lies and Roses°nctxbpxrv

By princehendery

"You've been living a lie your whole life. Don't you want to avenge yourself from the people who kept you fro... More

Trailer + Posters of Main Casts
°prologue
°01
°02
°03
°04
°05
°06
°07
°08
°09
°10
°11
°12
°13
°14
?
°15
°16
°17.1
°17.2
°18
°19
°20
°21
°22
°23
°24
°25
°26
°27
°28
°29
°30
°31
°32
°33
°34
°35
°37
°38
°39
°40
°41
°42
°43
°44
°45
CHARACTER TRAILER (VIDEO)

°36

348 35 13
By princehendery

SUNDAY; 9:31:06 AM

My body endlessly sank deep down into what seemed to be like an infinitely spacious horizon. I was pulled and pushed downwards all at the same time. It was as if I was moving so rapidly in mid-air and there was no way of slowing it down. There was definitely some kind of a strong force. Somehow like the wind but absolutely much stronger and painful. It penetrated against my skin, making me feel like it was going to rip at any moment.

It was awfully dark in here, realizing this plane was totally empty but it somehow felt like I was surrounded. I don't know what either. I can't see anything. I look around and could barely see colors. Monochromatic and dull. That's what it appeared to me. Out of the blue, I was able to notice a faint beam of light that shone above me. Assumingly, it came from the hole I fell into. And it only got weaker and weaker as I fall farther.

There was no way of going back up.

The pitch-black skies began to shatter into small pieces, dwindling along with me into god knows where. I could see myself in these fragments as though it was a broken mirror. And in my reflections, I realized how helpless I was.

My world began to uncontrollably whirl. Things were getting hazy. I was beginning to feel dizzy.

I reach out, extending my hands in hopes of someone holding onto them to make it all stop.

"Help me! Please! Somebody, help me!"

I cried.

But I was alone.

No one can hear me.

I couldn't be saved anymore.

"Park Jiseul!"

I shiver as I lie awake in my bed, panting for I was out of breath. My toes were curled inwards whilst my fingers were relentlessly trembling. My face, especially around my neck, was damped with sweat, probably even tears. I couldn't help but feel the meteoric beating of my heart, blaring out of my chest as I try to recover from my horrible dream.

I hugged my knees together, convincing myself that it was all just a nightmare. But it felt horrifyingly real.

"Jiseul!"

I heard a series of muffled banging at my door. I listened carefully to the voice once more, trying to figure out who could it have been. Surely it wasn't my father's.

"Yah! Park Jiseul! Open the door you stupid moron!"

I quickly rolled out of the duvet and rushed to open the door, only to see a frightened Jaehyun standing in front of me.

He abruptly engulfed me with a tight embrace, completely catching me off guard. He gradually tightened the hug, lightly squeezing my shoulder as he caressed my back with his palm. Dumbfoundedly, I was stuck in his grip with a blank face.

"Why didn't you call me?" He muttered, his voice cracking up at the end. "I told you to call me when you're in trouble."

I refused to answer. I took a step back and looked down to the floor, avoiding my eyes to meet his. Bitterly sighing, I shook my head in apprehension.

"When did you even get here? How did father even let you in?"

"Well. . . I've been here since the sun has risen. I was waiting for you to wake up. But then I was getting anxious. I had to check on you right away," He scratched his nape. "I had to. . . make a deal with you father. . . you don't have to know about it. What's important is that I'm now here for you. You will feel safe from now on."

I scoffed, earning a perplexed look from Jaehyun.

"Did I say something wrong?" He worriedly said.

"I won't be safe, Jaehyun. I know that for a fact because this mess I've gotten into has only begun. So, no. I won't ever be safe unless everything is fixed."

Jaehyun's face twisted in arrant bemusement. "What. . . do you mean by that? I don't understand."

"You were right about Taeyong," I swallowed hard. "And my father. . . He was once like Taeyong. A criminal. A killer. A monster. And all this time, the reason why I was chased after, threatened, and harassed was all because I am the daughter of a King. No—the King."

I could feel my throat bobbling as I hold back my tears. My voice was already shrill. Jaehyun could probably tell I was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

"I'm not even Jiseul. At this point, I don't know who I really am anymore. No matter how many times the truth will be served before me, I refuse to take it in. I am denying it with all means possible. I can't accept how I don't even know a single thing about my life. Living suddenly became meaningless and useless for me."

He gazed at me with pity in his irises. He bit his lower lip and roughly soughed.

"I'm. . . I'm sorry about that. . . I . . . didn't know at all."

"Everyone around me," I glared at him, making him taken-aback. "has been lying about who they are. . . I just want to know. . . what do you have up in your sleeves Jung Jaehyun. Just spill it already because there's no really point to turning your back from me."

Jaehyun flashed a lopsided grin. "Oh, Jiseul. . . I understand your trust issues right now are at its peak. . . I understand your suspicion towards me but. . . I'm sorry. I have no tricks with me. . ."

"I am about to lose the last drop of my sanity. I don't think I could handle it anymore, Jaehyun. I am tilted. I can't think straight. I am even too afraid to close my eyes." I whined.

Jaehyun smiled, showing his deep dimples. "You know, Jiseul. At times like this, I am really useful. Believe it or not. I am Jung Jaehyun. I am your best friend. I am nothing like those people who have broken your trust."

A huge wave of relief channeled through my body. Unknowingly, tears rolled down my cheeks. The feeling I was having was definitely genuine joy. Even though it was hard for me to believe what Jaehyun had to say but at this moment, it was all that I wanted to hear. It was all I ever wanted to have: a person whom I can trust.

Jaehyun wiped off a tear from my jaw, he gently cupped one side of my cheek with his palm and softly glanced upon me. He sharply exhaled, the corner of his lip twitching into a little smile.

"Jiseul, you don't have to be afraid anymore," He said under his breath. "Amidst this storm, I will be your calm. Amidst this darkness, I will be your light. Amidst this chaos, I will be your tranquility."

A memory made a quick visit in my head: the day when I found my safe haven was the day when Taeyong saved me from a wolf just when I thought I was going to die. I was in his arms. My head on his chest, hearing the pale beating of his heart. It was a surreal moment. Irreplaceable indeed.

"Where's my father?" I asked out of the curiosity.

"He's. . . downstairs. . . talking to someone on the phone. . . he looked rather wretched. I think he didn't sleep at all," He puckered up his lip. "He usually looks fresh and vibrant but he's exceptionally distraught today. He must've been up all night. . . What do you think he's doing?"

I throwed myself back to my bed whilst Jaehyun was sitting on the end most, near my feet. I took a long inhale and heavily exhaled, seemingly releasing the heaviness in my chest.

"Who knows what he's doing. . . He may be negotiating with the Wolves or something. I don't know at all. . ." I answered.

"How did you know your father. . . is the King? You know, our station has been tracking him down for a decade already. The case was originally handled by my father himself and was passed down to me. . ."

I hesitantly opened my mouth, feeling unsure about admitting about my father's real identity to a detective, who's apparently tracking down people like him.

"He. . . told me himself. "

"What are you going to do about it?"

For a moment, I was left speechless. I was getting the idea that he was suggesting for a surrender or at least a report. But I didn't want to. I would never want to do that. He's my father for goodness sake.

"Do about what? I can't possibly think of a way out of with a mind like this. . . It's just such a burden." I finally answered after deliberately thinking.

Jaehyun scornfully snickered. "You really don't have any idea on how you are going to deal with your father and lover boy? We both know they're criminals, Jiseul. Are you just going to let them do what they do best? be criminals?"

"Are you saying I should report them?" I asked, my eyes flaring at Jaehyun who was emptily staring at the wall across the room. "You want me to send my father to prison?"

"Well, technically, he will be charged for a life sentence. . .," He stuttered. "I know it sounds absurd but sinners must be punished. . ."

"Is that why you're really here? Are you really going to make things worse for me?"

Jaehyun shook his head and sneered all of a sudden. "Jiseul, if I did have the intention to ruin your life, I would've arrested your father the moment you told me he is the King. But no. . . I'm risking my badge for you. The fact that I'm in here doing nothing, is already making me stand at the edge. I could lose my job because of this."

"I'm merely asking you, what you're going to do about them. It's a question for you to answer and not mine," He added, almost in a whisper. "I just want to know what's your plan."

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I need to end it once and for all," I replied, puffing my chest. "Until then, don't lose your badge. I will badly need your help."

"I am not your best friend for nothing."

A/N:

hello guys. I know it's been almost a week since the last update but fret noooooot. I am now done with taking care of school related errands and chores so my main focus would be now this hehehe I will be regularly updating from this day and on until the last chapter. 

I just want you all to know sincerely thankful I am for all of my readers. I don't know how did I even deserve to have you guys :< I will be doing my best!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 16.1K 82
𝔾𝕒𝕟𝕘 𝔸𝕌 2/23 - follow up of 'Just like you' Choi Sebin, like any other 20-or-so year old working individual in Seoul, led a pretty standard lif...
29.9K 1.6K 40
-I can't promise you a perfect relationship without arguments and differences but I can promise you as long as you're trying, I'm staying- ...
393K 14K 86
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ ᴄɪᴛʏ ᴏꜰ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ 1.5/21 ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ "𝘞𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦?" "𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵?" "𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬...
3.2K 271 46
In a world where shadows dance in the flickering light of political intrigue, Taehyung and Ji Neul's reunion is shrouded in uncertainty and danger. A...