FOUR QUARTERS

By InkPrincessMarcia

Simone's life changes when her best friend Maddison presures her to date the schools senior quarterback. Six... More

FOUR QUARTERS
PREGAME PLAYER (cast)
FOUR QUARTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Second Quarter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
HALFTIME
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Third Quarter
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Fourth Quarter
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
OVERTIME
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Author's note 📒
NEW BOOK ALERT

Chapter 105

4.9K 186 49
By InkPrincessMarcia

                     Simone

“Baby can you zip me up.” “I would rather undress you,” Gavin replied kissing me on my neck as his hand roamed my body. “We are going to be late.” Gavin continues to assault me with kisses. “I don’t care. I will be late to be with you.” Gavin said as a moan escaped my lips. “Tell me again how much you don’t want it,” Gavin said as he removed my dress. Before I could respond Sa’vin begin to cry.

Simone's dress

“Our kids have the worse possible timing.” I laughed pulling up my back up. Zip me up, please. Gavin zipped my dress then whispered in my ear “I cant wait to unzip it and have your legs wrapped around me.” He kissed me on my lips then went to check on Sa’vin. After giving myself a once overlook I walked out of the bedroom to the Mila’s room and saw Steve helping her get ready.

The twin's outfit

“Momma look at the dress Steve got me.” I smiled “I love it.” “Jonah and I got the twins outfits for tonight.” “That’s fine with me. I love this dress.” “Mommy look at me,” Isaac said happily. “My baby boy is so handsome and growing up so fast. All of my sons are.” I said trying not to cry. “Momma don’t worry I’m never leaving home,” Steve replied.

“Simone we are changing the locks tomorrow morning,” Gavin said holding Sa’vin. “Is everybody ready,” Gavin questioned. “Yes, Steve and I are taking the twins,” Jonah said. “Make sure they are in their booster seats.” I said. “Yes ma’am,” Jonah said.

Sa'vin dress

Arriving I can tell something is bothering Gavin. “What’s wrong” “It’s a bittersweet day for me.” “Gavin you don’t have to do this.” “Baby it’s not a matter or wants or need this is my choice. I love football but you and the kids that precedence over anything in my life. The first time I played in the NFL I was happy on the field, but soon as I stepped off I was nothing. When you came back into my life everything changed. This is just another change, a welcome change.”

“I just don’t want you to regret the decision to end football.” Gavin laughed. “Sweetheart I get to wake up to you every day with our kids I could not be happier.” I kissed Gavin. “You ready.” “To get you home and take you out that dress, hell yeah.” “Let’s go in,” I said laughing.

Gavin got Sa’vin car seat out and I got her bag. Jonah and Steve walked with the twins. Before we entered the ballroom  Odell, Gwen, Patrick, and Gavin’s parents were all waiting for us. Gavin took Sa’vin out of her car seat which Odell took to hold for us. Slipping my hand in Gavin’s I looked up at him. “You ready.” “I’m ready Mrs. Langford.”

The doors open I was blown away. I never saw so many sportscasters, television personnel, athletes from all sports were standing to their feet applauding us as we walked to our table. After taking our seats a man got up and acknowledged the MC for the evening had an urgent family matter and we would be filling in.

While eating various people came to the podium to wish Gavin well and tell funny stories. When we were done it was the families turn. Patrick went first.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen I am Patrick Blackstone, Gavin’s brother-in-law. I can recall when my mother died Gavin was right their not just for Simone and Jonah but for Odell and I as well. A few days later I was curious as to why he told me how could I not. He went on to say when I meet Mrs. Blackstone she was warm and welcoming but when she talked the importance of love and relationships the wisdom she was passing on he ignored it because he was a teenager and didn’t care but her words came back to haunt him when he got older. I know my mom is looking down and she is proud of you and the man you have become Gavin. Thank you for making my little happy and for giving her the family she deserves. I wish nothing but great things for both for both of you.”

After applause and cheers, Odell and Gwen stepped up.

“Good evening, we are the Blackstone’s. I am Gwen, Gavin’s older sister” Gwen stated. “I am Odell, Simone’s other older brother.” “I am going to speak for both me and my husband. I have known Gavin all of his life.” Gwen said laughing along with the crowd.   

“For as long as I can remember Gavin always had a football in his hands and to see him without one now is different. As much as my brother loved the game he loves his wife and kids more. When Gavin played and was injured he thought his life was over and in shambles, because he could play football any more, however, it all changed when his wife came back into his life bringing their son. You don’t have the same look of despair that you won’t be playing football anymore little brother. It’s filled with hope and joy. Odell and I so proud of you and Simone and we wish continued blessings over yall.  

Gavin’s parents came next. “Gavin, I just want you to know we are proud of you, we love you, and we support you.” Mrs. Langford said. Then moved aside as Jonah, Steve, and the twins went up.  Steve walked up to speak first.

“Good evening, it’s hard to put into words how you feel. You know what you want to say yet you can't say them. When I found out my mom, my biological mom had cancer. Wait yes I have to moms and two dads. How often does that happen a person has two moms or two dads unless their parents are gay or lesbian.” Steve said as the crowd laughed.

“Seriously, when I found out she had cancer I felt helpless and scared. My biological parents informed me I wouldn’t be able to attend college and we had no money for the proper care she needed. The insides of me shattered.  I walked and walked I don’t know how or why but I ended up at Momma L’s mom grave. I asked how did she do it, where did her strength come from during that time. My mom was still alive and I was grieving her loss before she died. I figured if I did it then I wouldn’t consume me later.” Steve took a deep breath with tears forming in his eyes.

“When I got back home my parents told me, my best friend, my older brother parents were here and they said they would take care of all of my mom’s medical bills and to help me go to college.” Steve wiped the fallen tears from his face. “My parents sad all they wanted in return was for my mom to beat cancer and me to graduate college. My mom is cancer-free and I graduated college with honors following in my dad’s footsteps of playing football.” More tears fell from his eyes.

“Daddy, momma it takes special people who become another set of parents to a teenager. There aren’t enough words or ways for me to say thank and how much I love you both. So I hope this will express a fraction of what I am saying. I talk to my parents and they agreed.” Steve pulled papers from the inside of his jacket pocket. “This is an adoption paper, yes even in my twenty’s I’m getting adopted if momma and daddy sign. Nothing will change It will just be more fitting.”

Tears streaming down my face Gavin was fighting his tears back hard. We stood up taken the stage Gavin took out his pen signing then passed it to me and I signed just as quickly. We hugged Steve then took our seats.  As Jonah and Steve help the twins.

“We love you, daddy.” Isaac and Mila said as the crowd awed.

Jonah stepped up to speak “Good evening, I am Jonah Langford, the oldest child.” “Only by a few months Jonah,” Steve yelled out. Jonah faced Steve as they laughed. Jonah faced the crowd again then continued.

“The history of me and my dad is complicated at best. He wasn’t around when I was younger due to others manipulation but I could remember hearing my mom when I suppose to be sleep saying your dad would be so proud of you, I always hoped he would.
I felt if  I played hard enough he would come. When we moved I hated it but it’s where I meet my family. I was so enraged and filled with pain I couldn’t see nor feel my dad’s love for me. I wasted so long rejecting it that I couldn’t accept it for that I want to tell you I’m so sorry. The day I told you that I hated you and I wish you weren’t my father I swear I didn’t mean it. You are the best dad Steve, Isaac, Mila, Sa’vin, and I could ask for. I swear I am so sorry.” Jonah said as tears slid down his face.

“The night I graduated from college you told me how proud me you were not because I graduated just in general, but mostly you were proud to have me as your son. I am honored to have you has my dad. I did overhear you when you signed to play football again you said I am only playing five years no more no less unless you got injured. They tried to offer you more money to make you change your mind you just said no and I couldn’t understand why. You told them I don’t want to play then I get injured so severely my kids have to take care of me and I cant provide for them. I am giving the next five years the NFL but the rest belongs to my family for that dad you are the MVP.

You made so many scarifies for us coming to see Steve and I play on a Saturday when you had a game on Sunday, come home just to check on mom and the twins, and so much more and you did it without complaining. I told all the teams if I couldn’t wear your number then I wouldn’t play I wanted to be great as my dad. I pray when the time comes I am half as good of a husband and father as you are. When I came drunk to your house full of pain you pulled me close, wrapped your arms tightly around me.” Jonah stopped as he cried.

“Dad I just want to say thank you for all you have done and all you do. Thank you for loving me and for being my dad. I love you.”

Trying to stop my tears I couldn’t but all the kids were gathering around the podium as Gwen came to get Sa’vin then giving her to Steve to hold as Jonah spoke. “Dad you have six kids and even though one is heaven we all still miss her. You always said you felt was a little girl so where we do everything at the high school’s football field. On the side of it bleachers, we planted a tree in memory of our sister your daughter and we named her Heaven because that’s where she is. We know she is looking down on us now smiling. Thank you, dad.” Jonah said.

“Thank you, daddy,” The twins said “From me and Sa’vin thank you, dad,” Steve said as they all took their respective seats and I took the stage.

I looked at Gavin as a smile widens on my face. “First thank you all for coming. I don’t know where to begin with my husband. The first time I saw Gavin play football I was 15 years old. I have never been to a game before, never seen him play just nothing so when he asked me to come to see him play and cheer him on I told him the school has cheerleaders to cheer him on.” Momma curved you” Steve yelled out as everybody laughed.

“However, I did go when he was on the field it was like poetry in motion the way he commanded the field and captured everybody’s attention. He had so much confidence, yet he lacked it. Gavin knew we were amazing without knowing it and that is what made me fall in love with him. This man before me I have been in love with since I was 15. We have been through hell and back stronger now than ever.” I smiled at Gavin as I begin to sing;

You've been on my mind
I grow fonder every day
Lose myself in time
Just thinking of your face
God only knows why it's taken me
So long to let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want
I don't know why I'm scared
I've been here before
Every feeling, every word
I've imagined it all
You'll never know if you never try
To forget your past and simply be mine
I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy
To hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts
If I've been on your mind
You hang on every word I say
Lose yourself in time
At the mention of my name
Will, I ever know how it feels to hold you close
And have you tell me
Whichever road I choose, you'll go?
I don't know why I'm scared
'Cause I've been here before
Every feeling, every word
I've imagined it all
You'll never know if you never try
To forget your past and simply be mine
I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy, mm
To hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts
I know it ain't easy giving up your heart
Nobody's perfect
(I know it ain't easy giving up your heart)
Trust me I've learned it
Nobody's perfect
(I know it ain't easy giving up your heart)
Trust me I've learned it
Nobody's perfect
(I know it ain't easy giving up your heart)
Trust me I've learned it
Nobody's perfect
(I know it ain't easy giving up your heart)
Trust me I've learned it
So I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy
To hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I am the, one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts
Come on and give me the chance
To prove that I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts.

Looking at Gavin he had tears streaming down his face. “I love you so much, thank you for loving me, protecting me, caring me, being a great father. You are the key that locks and unlocks my being and without you, I am an empty vessel. You are the piece of me I was missing for so long. I know without a doubt I am your rib and every day I am thankful to be your rib. I love you, Gavin.” Gavin walked up to the where he kissed me passionately.

After retiring Gavin jerseys the kids went to their grandparent's house. When we got home Gavin and I were laying in bed our legs entangled into each other. “Simone” “What is it,” I say to Gavin while placing kisses on his chest.

“I fell more in love with you tonight. You ar-“ I silenced Gavin by kissing him deeply. “Show me,” I said as I begin to take off my clothes. Gavin smiled then kissed me.

Comment:

Vote:

Share:     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

874K 22.7K 39
After meeting at Saturday School, Alex and Ezra form an intense connection, so intense they decide to keep it between themselves, by being in a secre...
15.2K 549 22
W..wwhats yours?" "You.. your lips your fat ass your neck your boobs your pussy your thighs .... everything..Now answer my question why do YOU have o...
396K 7.8K 56
After her parents die, Adelaine Scott and her three younger siblings are forced to go live with their abusive uncle. As each day passes, Lainey will...
12.3K 583 37
After Audrey's work-focused parents sent her off to a socializing camp, Castra Kappa Pi, let's say there's a lot of surprises along the way. One late...