Criminal High School

By EdwinKK

Its not a normal high school but a school filled with children of criminals and not just any kind of criminal... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Six

Chapter Five

12 3 0
By EdwinKK

The next day came sooner than i had anticipated. In fact,everything seemed to speed until the afternoon came and i had to meet Grasha during the computer class. I was freaking out and I was nervous. Well,if our deal went well,I would finally get Melissa but still,there were so many things that could go wrong and I didn't want to think about. Even if Grasha had been unusually nice to me,she still scared me. I had watched her beat up two girls just because they had accidentally spilled yoghurt on her shoe. I had also watched her fight with a guy,a huge guy that played rugby. Even if she came out with a bloody nose and some injuries,the guy had been left with a broken arm and other injuries. And there were more stories about her.

I ignored some students who were making out at the hallway as i headed to computer class. I was one of the first to get out of my previous class as I needed to get to computer class early. First of all,I wasn't excited for the lesson hence making me rush to the class. I needed to think about Grasha. I only hoped that she would skip the lesson but from what I had learnt,she didn't want that as that would ensure she repeats a year.

I opened the door to the computer lab and strolled in leisurely as I knew I was the first to arrive. But when my eyes landed on the spot I sat and shared with one bad girl,I almost got a heart attack. There she was,sleeping comfortably on the desk where she had made space by pushing the computer's monitor and keyboard aside. She had a backpack but I could tell it was either empty or almost empty which she used as a pillow. It was obvious she had spent the whole afternoon asleep in the computer lab as miss Gomez rarely cared about other subjects except her own. She wasn't present but her still lit monitor showed she had just been in the class.

I was still a statue as I gazed at her sleep. Fate really had a way of manipulating me,I thought. I had made sure to come into the class extra early so that I could have time to prepare for her only to meet her already there. I was hoping that she would have come in 'twenty minutes early' as she referred to being late. Now I had to stand and watch her sleep.
She had worn a sleeveless top that fully showed her tattooed arm that was laid on the desk. Her back was rising and falling and she seemed peaceful,as if she wasn't the most feared girl in the school. There was a small patch of drool on her bag which made me almost chuckled but remembered who she was. I could have stood watching her had it not been for the other students who walked in the class forcing me to walk to my spot.

I didn't wake her as I wasn't ready to face her yet and also,I knew how she hated to be woken up. I could smell her exotic perfume that was accompanied a scent that I knew really well,weed. She must have been smoking it before she slept,I thought as I removed my laptop and switched on the desktop computer. I was trying to distract myself so that I wouldn't look at her but I couldn't resist. It was rarely you saw Grasha at her most peaceful and calmest state and she looked ...beautiful. Maybe the scent of the weed was making me hallucinate or not think properly,I told myself as I had just admitted to myself that she was beautiful.

It didn't take long for miss Gomez to return and by that time,everyone was already seated. There were bleeps of computers as they were turned on,clicking of mouses and most importantly, the slight snoring of Grasha. Miss Gomez glared at her,frustrated by her snoring as she leaned on her desk and looked at us.

"Javier, wake up your partner," she ordered in her monotonous voice. She seemed more frustrated than ever.

"Um... I will," I said nervously as I withdrew my eyes from the computer screen before me and glanced at Grasha who was snoring beside me. She shifted so as to make herself comfortable and resumed sleeping. Her face was directly facing mine and even then,she made me a little bit nervous.

"I didn't ask you to admire her," miss Gomez said drawing me from my thoughts. I had zoned out, I thought as I ignored the laughter from my classmates.

I tapped her back gently as I didn't want to startle her which didn't work. I then shook her right arm that wasn't tattooed gently and that is when she opened her eyes and glared at me. I should have let miss Gomez wake her up instead,I thought as I avoided her glare by looking at the screen before me. She raised her head as she yawned which frustrated miss Gomez. She then stretched herself before she settled down.

"How was dreamland?!" Miss Gomez asked Grasha who smirked at her.

"Was good,you were a stripper in my dream," Grasha said knowing she was frustrating miss Gomez.

"Shut up," miss Gomez told everyone who had started chuckling at Grasha's comment. "Now let's start our class," she said with a serious tone though I had never seen her anything but serious.

"Who pissed in..." Grasha started but stopped when she saw the threatening glare from miss Gomez.

"Don't anger me Grasha," she said before turning to the rest of the students.

"I hope you have finished your assignment," she started and I saw her frown when Grasha raised her hand.

"Yes miss Grasha," she said in pure frustration.

"Did you give us an assignment because I don't remember you doing that?!" Grasha asked with a fake smile which frustrated miss Gomez the more who turned to me for an explanation.

"Javier,could you explain to me what is going on?!" Miss Gomez asked me as she couldn't ask Grasha as she would give a really stupid answer.

I turned to Grasha and saw that she was still sleepy and also confused. That combination made her look cute but I quickly removed that thought from my mind as I concentrated at reminding her of the previous night. How could she forget?!

"Um... We did the assignment," I assured miss Gomez. She seemed to believe me but at the same time believe Grasha.

"Javier," i turned to Grasha who still had a sleep dazzled expression on her face. Did I say how cute she looked?! I ignored that part of my brain and concentrated on what was important.

"Did we really do the assignment?!" She asked with a rather soft voice making miss Gomez roll her eyes. She knew that Grasha was being a drama queen.

"Yes," I replied.

"What we did last night," she paused when a pervert at the back of the class wolf whistled. She glared at him and cracked her knuckles which was enough to make the guy shut up. "Was that really the assignment?!" She asked me and I nodded.

"Okay," she said with a beaming fake smile and looked at miss Gomez. "We did it," she said making miss Gomez shake her head in annoyance.

"Anyway,I hope the rest of you have done..." She looked at the people at the back,"because am checking starting at the back. As I check,I want each group to have decided on which type of website they should have made." She finished and walked at the back of the class.

I resumed to my laptop and I would be lying if I said I wasn't distracting myself from Grasha. She had her headphones on and she didn't care that miss Gomez never allowed that. It was a good thing as that meant that she wouldn't be bothering me. I was still trying to think why she affected me in such a way yet I had no feelings towards her. Or did I have feelings towards her?! I asked myself as I glanced at her bobbing her head and lost in a musical trance. She was beautiful and I would be an idiot not to say that. Still,she was the school's bad girl and in a school of criminals' children,that said a lot. She had changed and was no longer the young Grasha that was once my friend. Still,she had this effect on me and I wouldn't want to deny it as it was affecting me.

I like Melissa, I told myself. I then repeated it so that it could be a mantra and maybe my mind would stop whatever sick game it was playing on my mind. It obviously didn't work making me think of Melissa as she might have make my mind think well. It didn't work either but by then miss Gomez was standing before us. She removed the headphones from Grasha making her glare.

"The group consisting of my best and worst student,I am really eager to see what you created,together." She emphasized on the last word as she knew I could easily make a website meaning she would focus on Grasha.

"Just being curious,am I the best or worst student?! I am obviously the best,aren't I?!" Grasha said with a mischievous grin on her face as she looked at miss Gomez who was glaring at her making me chuckle. I gave miss Gomez the laptop that had we had created the website. She looked at it and then asked Grasha some questions which surprisingly, she answered. So she had been paying attention every time I explained something to her the previous night?! I hadn't expected that but Grasha was always a person full of surprises.

"Now that I have confirmed that you two made the website,can I ask what type of website you want to make?" Miss Gomez asked making me remember we hadn't discussed that. I turned to Grasha and she too had the same realisation.

"From your reactions,I can see you haven't discussed that." Miss Gomez sounded disappointed which was obviously directed towards me.

"We have." Grasha suddenly said making miss Gomez and I turn towards her. She had the same mischievous grin on her face and damn,she looked hot. I almost punched myself for that as I was really getting distracted at things that she did.

"Really?!"

"Really really," Grasha answered miss Gomez.

"Okay then,go ahead," she said and realised too late what she had done. I adjusted my glasses and looked at her closely knowing what to expect.

"A website for virgin nerds like Javier to get laid," she said earning a disapproving shake from miss Gomez and a blush from me. What was really going on?! How was she affecting me like this?!

Miss Gomez glanced towards me and I saw her ends of the lips twitch but it disappeared as soon as it appeared.

"Not funny Grasha," she told her but she was busy laughing as she had seen my blush. She was making it awkward for me.

"Well,how about a music website?!" I asked.

"That is already taken," miss Gomez told me.

"A dating website?!" Grasha asked.

"You won't believe it but that is already taken by some two perverts at the back," miss Gomez said pointing at the group at the left corner. Kelvin and Brian were perverts,she didn't lie though they still didn't reach Davis' level.

"How about a website for the student's body?!" I asked after many suggestions.

"That could work," Grasha agreed with me as she sent me a smile making me blush hard. She had agreed with me, I thought as I hid my face though the two had already seen my blush.

"Okay,that's over. It went better than I had expected," miss Gomez said as she continued with the lesson. Since her checking of the website had wasted a lot of time,the lesson was soon over.

"Next week,I will check the websites again,"she said when the bell rang to indicate that the lesson and the day's learning had ended. I took my laptop and returned to my backpack as I adjusted my glasses. As I was walking out of the class,a familiar perfume settled all over my nose. Grasha.

I nervously turned to her and saw that she was standing besides me. We were almost the same height but still,her confidence and her highly raised head made her taller over my slouched posture and bowed head.

"Hey," she said looking straight at me making me look everywhere but her.

"Hey," I am sure I sounded like a chocked warthog or something close to that hence embarrassing myself.

"You know,I won't try and harm you or anything you think I will do, you are still my tutor and you did a good job at that." She said softly as if she wasn't the most feared girl in the school. I raised my head and looked at her through my glasses. I had my hands in my hoody's pockets and I had slung my backpack on one of my shoulders.

"Oh... Um..." I couldn't speak beyond that as her eyes and stare kept in a trance making her chuckle.

"Well, you have to learn to talk to girls or else you will die a virgin," she told making me blush a little more.

"What do you...you want?!" I asked when I had finally mustered enough courage to ask her. The trick was to pretend we were still children.

"Do you have plans today?!" She asked me as she swung her backpack around.

"Um,I don't think so." I honestly said. I was planning on making a mix(I DJ a little) but it could wait. Plus,I wanted that to stay a secret and only Davis knew that DJ 3K was me and telling her I was doing that wasn't good.

"I was thinking you could tutor me for the rest of the afternoon then at the weekend,I could take you to this party in the woods. Does that sound great?!" She asked.

"Um..." To be honest,I didn't know what to say. Was I really liking her?! I asked myself. Did she like me back?! That was a no and I knew it. I wasn't her type and she was only inviting me to the party because we had a deal.

"Okay,sounds..." I didn't mention that I was clumsy and my clumsiness added to Grasha really distracting me resulted me to colliding against a guy forcing him to fall to the ground. As I was falling, my glasses fell.

As I was reaching for my glasses, I realised who it was. Martin was a huge troublemaker,always in fights and a bully. I knew I was in trouble as I had embarrassed him by bumping into him making him fall. That meant I was dead. Since I really depended on my glasses so as to see,I wasn't seeing clearly and I didn't see the fist that landed on my face.

It was painful and I spit blood from my mouth. At least my teeth were still intact.

"Nerdy Javier," he said with a sneer as he made me look at him. I was still on the ground,a small look of blood before and he had squatted before me.

"I am sorry," I said nervously as I tried to reach my glasses. Even if I couldn't see clearly,I was sure a crowd had formed around us.

"Is this what you want?!" He asked as he held my glasses.

"I am sorry,I didn't mean to..." The sound of my breaking glasses interrupted me making me angry. Even if I knew I had few chances against him because I was blind due to my lack of glasses, I was about to fight back but someone beat me into it.

"Fucking asshole,he apologised and yet you broke his glasses," Grasha said as she car fro the crowd.

"I don't fight girls," Martin said as he dropped my broken glasses before standing up to face Grasha.

"Well, that makes it easier you pathetic Sissy. He didn't mean crushing against you and you punched him and broke his glasses." Grasha said as she closed the gap between her and Martin.

"I am gentleman,I don't want to hurt you," Martin insisted.

"Good because I want to hurt you," she said and that is when she kneed him where the sun doesn't shine. She then threw him against the wall making his head collide with the wall.

"Remember your father is a drug dealer under mine so I can end you and your family. Understood?!"

Martin nodded his head knowing he couldn't win against her.

Grasha then walked towards me and gave me her hand. "Can you walk?!"

"Yes but I can't see clearly,i have spare glasses in my room." I said as she helped me up.

"Okay,I will take you," she said and we walked away from the crowd that had phones directed towards us.

It didn't take long for us to reach my room which I had to direct her. She made me sit on my bed and cleaned my wound.

"Thanks," I said as she finished cleaning my wound.

"I had to,you have no friends except that sick pervert," she said referring to Davis making me chuckle and she joined me.

"Where are your glasses?! And you should arrange your room," she said as she pointed at some briefs laying on the ground making me blush. I really should have cleaned my room,I thought to myself.

"Here they are," she said as she walked towards me. "Want me to put them on you?!" She asked as she held out the glasses.

"If you want to," I replied as I had realised that we had become close. She put my glasses on me and it seemed I had my eyes once again. The first thing I saw was the beautiful face in front of me. And that was all i could think of. It was then I realised that we had been staring at each other and that we were leaning closer towards each until we were separated by a gap of less than a centimetre.

At the same time,my heart was beating so fast and loudly that I suspected Grasha could hear my heart. It was then I heard the door open and Davis walked in. At the same,Grasha sprung on her feet away from.

"Oh,should I go?!" Davis asked but Grasha had already picked up her bag and had rushed out of my room.

"Okay," Davis said when Grasha walked out of the room.

"So,could you explain what I just saw?!" Davis said as he locked the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479 3 18
This is not your ordinary high school story. This is different. Its complicated at times, but easier to understand at other times. Jasmine moves to t...
2.7K 662 31
A devastating breakup leaves Charlie Jackson alone to sort through the broken pieces of her life. She's not sure she can ever love again, until she m...
1K 3 47
A boy gets into a car accident and forgets his childhood best friend but always has reoccurring dreams , trying to figure out who he is. One day, in...
196 22 14
Emily is a girl who is in love with the school's bad boy. Her friends, Sean and Taylor, don't like him because of the way he is. Things change when h...