Chapter Five

The next day came sooner than i had anticipated. In fact,everything seemed to speed until the afternoon came and i had to meet Grasha during the computer class. I was freaking out and I was nervous. Well,if our deal went well,I would finally get Melissa but still,there were so many things that could go wrong and I didn't want to think about. Even if Grasha had been unusually nice to me,she still scared me. I had watched her beat up two girls just because they had accidentally spilled yoghurt on her shoe. I had also watched her fight with a guy,a huge guy that played rugby. Even if she came out with a bloody nose and some injuries,the guy had been left with a broken arm and other injuries. And there were more stories about her.

I ignored some students who were making out at the hallway as i headed to computer class. I was one of the first to get out of my previous class as I needed to get to computer class early. First of all,I wasn't excited for the lesson hence making me rush to the class. I needed to think about Grasha. I only hoped that she would skip the lesson but from what I had learnt,she didn't want that as that would ensure she repeats a year.

I opened the door to the computer lab and strolled in leisurely as I knew I was the first to arrive. But when my eyes landed on the spot I sat and shared with one bad girl,I almost got a heart attack. There she was,sleeping comfortably on the desk where she had made space by pushing the computer's monitor and keyboard aside. She had a backpack but I could tell it was either empty or almost empty which she used as a pillow. It was obvious she had spent the whole afternoon asleep in the computer lab as miss Gomez rarely cared about other subjects except her own. She wasn't present but her still lit monitor showed she had just been in the class.

I was still a statue as I gazed at her sleep. Fate really had a way of manipulating me,I thought. I had made sure to come into the class extra early so that I could have time to prepare for her only to meet her already there. I was hoping that she would have come in 'twenty minutes early' as she referred to being late. Now I had to stand and watch her sleep.
She had worn a sleeveless top that fully showed her tattooed arm that was laid on the desk. Her back was rising and falling and she seemed peaceful,as if she wasn't the most feared girl in the school. There was a small patch of drool on her bag which made me almost chuckled but remembered who she was. I could have stood watching her had it not been for the other students who walked in the class forcing me to walk to my spot.

I didn't wake her as I wasn't ready to face her yet and also,I knew how she hated to be woken up. I could smell her exotic perfume that was accompanied a scent that I knew really well,weed. She must have been smoking it before she slept,I thought as I removed my laptop and switched on the desktop computer. I was trying to distract myself so that I wouldn't look at her but I couldn't resist. It was rarely you saw Grasha at her most peaceful and calmest state and she looked ...beautiful. Maybe the scent of the weed was making me hallucinate or not think properly,I told myself as I had just admitted to myself that she was beautiful.

It didn't take long for miss Gomez to return and by that time,everyone was already seated. There were bleeps of computers as they were turned on,clicking of mouses and most importantly, the slight snoring of Grasha. Miss Gomez glared at her,frustrated by her snoring as she leaned on her desk and looked at us.

"Javier, wake up your partner," she ordered in her monotonous voice. She seemed more frustrated than ever.

"Um... I will," I said nervously as I withdrew my eyes from the computer screen before me and glanced at Grasha who was snoring beside me. She shifted so as to make herself comfortable and resumed sleeping. Her face was directly facing mine and even then,she made me a little bit nervous.

"I didn't ask you to admire her," miss Gomez said drawing me from my thoughts. I had zoned out, I thought as I ignored the laughter from my classmates.