The Keeper's Tale {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

They witnessed her destruction, They were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars... More

Character List
T e a s e r
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter 14

21.3K 1.8K 1.7K
By TaeTae_lyfe

I'm back baby.

To those of you who read "The Seven" and/or "Dynasty", I updated both of those as well, so make sure you don't get behind!

What is your favorite thing about this story?

My favorite thing is probably...the setting? I don't know why, but when I write this book, I just feel like the setting is very magical...that's probably weird though..so I'm just gonna stop talking.

Not gonna lie, though...I love Taehyung's character. The way he turned out is exactly how I imagined him to be, and it's such a relief that you guys like him too...

Anyway, enjoy!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You couldn't stop your body from shivering as a cold gust of wind blew through your hair, sending a chill down your spine as you walked through the snow in an unknown direction.

After what happened at breakfast, you needed some time to think-some time to be alone with just your thoughts...You needed to get out of that castle and away from the people that had hurt you so badly.

In all honesty, you were still in a state of disbelief.

Their cruel words replayed over and over again on a loop, their insults and harsh tone never leaving your head.

Your heart ached inside of your chest.

You knew that Yoongi didn't like you, you had always known that..so his words-although they were cruel- didn't make you question his character...they didn't make you see him in a different light, because you knew...You knew that he was never on your side. He never cared about you. He never pretended to either...

But, Jin?

He was a different story.

Kim Seokjin was supposed to be your best friend..He was supposed to be the one person that you could talk to when you were down, the one person who would listen to your problems, the one person who would listen to you cry without judging you..

You had done the same for him.

All those years of friendship...You had seen him go through heartbreak. You had been by his side comforting him...When he took Yoongi to the hospital, you were right beside him the whole time, holding his hand and telling him that everything was going to be alright..

You really thought that if there was anyone that you could depend on...it was him.

But, you were wrong.

He clearly didn't care about you as much as you thought he did...which was heartbreaking.

The same man that you grew up with, the same man that packed your lunch and dropped you off at school...slept with the girl who made your life a living hell...his brother's girlfriend.

You knew that to anyone on the outside...the whole situation would sound childish and petty...but it wasn't really...That girl had tortured you and made fun of you for as long as you've known her..She would start rumors that would have the whole school turned against you in a moment...and there was nothing you could say. After all, it was your words against hers, and she was the one everybody loved...while you were just a nobody.

She was terrible...and Jin knew that.

You couldn't count the number of times that you had gone home crying, telling him everything that she had done to you...all the ways she had humiliated you...You thought he cared about you, but clearly, you were wrong.

After waking up in a strange land, most people would think that you could trust your friends to have your back...but they would be wrong.

In fact, you trust Taehyung, a man you met yesterday, more than you trusted Jin, the man you had known since childhood...

A sad chuckle left your lips as you hugged your cloak closer to your shivering form.

You knew that going out in the middle of a snowstorm, wasn't too bright of any idea, but it was much better than being in that castle with them.

You stopped walking, your body leaning against one of the many trees in the woods that surrounded you.

"God, I'm so stupid." You stated quietly, your hands rubbing your rosy cheeks. "I can't believe I didn't know."

A low growl suddenly sounded from behind you.

Your body froze at the sound, fear overcoming your features as your eyes widened.

Numerous barks and snarls began to fill your ears, causing your heart to pound in dread.

You hesitantly turned your head, swallowing the scream that bubbled up your throat, your hand slapping over your mouth.

Four wolves stood behind you, their fangs bared and ears flat against their heads as they growled at you, their bodies hunched over angrily.

Their pale eyes were filled with hunger and blood lust as they began to advance towards you, some of them barking in your direction.

You leaned your body against the tree, raising your hands in front of you as panic began to flow throughout your body, eyes searching for anything that could be used as a weapon.

Running wasn't an option. They were undoubtedly faster than you and they would catch up with you instantly. There was nothing around you that you could defend yourself with either.

Well, you were screwed.

Great.

"N-Nice dog." You stuttered out softly, earning a growl from the animal.

You squeaked in surprise as it lunged towards you, teeth bared in a snarl.

You jumped away from it, barely avoiding it's teeth, your heart pounding.

That was way too close.

Another one of the wolves barked loudly, he body springing forwards with every intention of killing you.

You tried to move away, but one of the animals had bitten down on the cloak around your neck, causing you to fall onto the snow-covered ground, making you vulnerable.

All of the wolves slowly closed around you, their eyes cold and unforgiving.

You chest heaved, eyes squeezing shut as you accepted your fate.

This is how the great Y/f/n Y/l/n goes out.

Eaten by wolves.

A loud whimper of pain filled your ears, another growl joining in the chorus of many.

But this growl was different...it was deeper-darker...more terrifying.

You slowly peeked your eyes open, only for them to widen at the sigh before you.

Jimin stood in front of you, his back turned to you as if his body was protecting you from harm. His eyes now a shade of red as a low growl rumbled through his chest.

Before you could even open your mouth, one of the wolves jumped forwards, it's teeth bared.

Jimin shoved the beast away with ease, sending it flying away with inhuman strength.

You blinked in surprise.

Did he just-How did he do that!?

Another shot towards Jimin, managing to sink his teeth into the young prince's shoulder.

Jimin let out a cry of pain, his knees buckling slightly.

The other wolves took his moment of weakness as an opportunity, each one jumping on him and trying to cause as much damage as possible to the man who had interrupted their feast.

You watched in horror as the dogs clawed at him, knocking his body to the ground.

You went to defend him, but in the blink of an eye, Jimin had thrown on of the wolves off of hi and into the trunk of one of the trees that surrounded the two of you.

The wolf whimpered in pain before hobbling away swiftly.

It seemed as though that particular wolf was the leader, because the pack followed behind him, each one scurrying away from the two humans that stood in the woods.

You sighed in relief, body relaxing instantly.

Jimin's chest heaved as he watched the wolves leave, his red eyes scanning over the area carefully.

You took in the prince's appearance, swallowing hard at the bloodstains that now covered his white, silk shirt. From what you could tell, he had gotten injured pretty badly, multiple patches of red coloring his shirt.

You stepped forward slowly.

"Jimin?" You said softly. "Are you alrigh-"

You words were instantly cut off as Jimin's body fell to the ground, all the strength from before instantly leaving his body as he collapsed.

You rushed over to him, eyes checking him over with worry.

"Jimin?" You asked, lightly slapping his face.

He didn't respond.

"Jimin!" You yelled.

Still nothing.

You let out a huff, running a hand through your hair as on thought presented itself to you.

How were you supposed to get him back to the castle?

________________________________________________________________________________

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?! KILL ME!?"

You couldn't stop your eyes from rolling at the prince's loud roar, his gaze hard on you as you dipped the bloody washcloth back into the hot water.

"Don't be such a baby." You scolded.

"It hurts!" Jimin growled back, his teeth baring.

You huffed, crossing your arms.

When the wolves had gone away, you had somehow managed to get Jimin back to the castle safely. At some point he had regained his consciousness and managed to walk to rest of the way, using your body as a brace.

You were honestly a little bit scared for his life...after everything that he had gone through, you didn't know if he would make it, but you were glad he did.

As soon as the two of you arrived back to the castle, Jin instantly darted towards you, blurting out apologies and excuses, neither of which you cared to hear at the moment...So you volunteered to care for Jimin.

Anything was better than being around Jin or Yoongi.

"If you'd be still it wouldn't hurt as much!" You stated.

He frowned, shoving his injured arm away from your touch.

"If you hadn't run away like that-"

"I didn't run away!" You yelled. "I was taking a walk!"

He scoffed.

"Ah. Yes because your friend hurt your feelings." He blurted. "You should learn to control your emotions."

Did he just-

You sent him a glare.

"And you should learn to control your temper." You countered.

Jimin opened his mouth to say something, but, to his surprise, he couldn't think of anything else to say...You had left him speechless.

He huffed in annoyance, puffing his cheeks out angrily.

"Apologies" He muttered under his breath. "You may continue."

You rolled your eyes again before wringing out the washcloth, easing it towards the nasty wound on his forearm.

"This may sting.." You stated softly.

The warm material gently met Jimin's skin, causing the young prince to flinch slightly, the pain surprising him.

You sent him a sympathetic look before continuing to clean the blood from his smooth flesh.

Jimin watched you work with softened eyes, his heart rate picking up ever so slightly as the skin of your fingers tips brushed over his arm.

His mind flashed back to the woods.

He had originally went out to make sure that you hadn't tried to run away from the castle during such a storm...the last thing he wanted was to see you get hurt, although...he didn't exactly do too good of a job at showing you...he cared...

When he saw those wolves trying to hurt you, he shot into defensive mode, running to your aid instantly as if it was an instinct..which, he supposed it was...You were his princess and he had vowed to protect you...physically and emotionally.

"Do not listen to them..." He said quietly.

Your E/c  eyes moved to stare at him.

"What?" You asked.

Jimin cleared his throat.

"It's just that-" He sighed. "What Yoongi and Jin said to you...about how you aren't important..about how you're not special...don't listen to them."

You furrowed your eyebrows, trying to hide your smile.

"Are you trying to comfort me?" You asked with raised brows.

Jimin's eyes widened at your question.

"I-I-No!"

You watched in astonishment as the blue color of his eyes slowly began to shift into a bright shade of pink as he grew flustered.

You chuckled.

"Aw." You cooed. "Do you care about me?"

He scoffed, rolling his eyes as a blush covered his cheeks.

"Of course not." He said. "I just don't think it's right of them to talk that way to someone."

You sighed, nodding your head as you continued to clean his wound.

"Well, thanks anyway." You said softly. "It's nice to know that someone is on my side in all of this."

Jimin's pink eyes moved to scan over your solemn face, his heart thumping against his ribcage.

"Would you like me to behead them for you?"

You snorted at his words, smile returning to your face.

"I don't think you have to do that," You began. "But that can be our backup plan."

Jimin's lips turned upwards in a smile.

"So if they cross you again...?" He began playfully.

You chuckled, waving your arms around dramatically.

"Off with their heads!"

Jimin smiled, raising his arms as well.

"Off with their heads."

A/N,

I feel like I should clear this up. The "off with their heads" thing does not relate to Y/n or Jimin in anyway, I just loved the reference and wanted to use it.

Carry on.

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 3.9K 13
Namjoon knew Taehyung was odd, but.. (Top V)
10.1K 371 36
Just an imagination... Story of how an idol loved by millions feels useless and lost himself in his journey of following his passion.. I AM SORRY FOR...
11K 294 13
You and Suga have been best friends ever since 7th grade. You guys stopped talking ever since he started working with Bighitentertainment. But Jungko...
255 46 14
⇝ Her heart chased after him as my eyes were only on her. Her mind was filled with thoughts about him as I was suffering just watching her. ⇜