Love, Romance And A Boy (bxb)...

By Zunaid_Lawrence

It was pure euphoria. When he pulled away, I immediately missed his lips against mine. "Fuck Zayn," he said h... More

Introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty

eleven

13K 410 49
By Zunaid_Lawrence

1 1.

•••

Night turned into morning, and I slowly opened my eyes.

Birds were singing above our heads, making it sound peaceful. Craning my neck to the right, Scott was still fast asleep against the tree.

I brought my hand up to massage my shoulder. It was in so much pain. My stomach growled, and I glanced down at it. We haven't had a proper meal in two days.

Sitting there against the oak tree, I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them tightly. Are we going to make it out alive? The voice in my head asked.

Scott groaned, and I looked at him. He still had dry blood on his face, and his hair was all over the place. I didn't mind though. It gave him that bad boy look.

His gaze found my own. "Hey," he greeted, his voice groggy from sleep. "These trees definitely know how to give a goodnight rest."

Sarcasm was dripping from his tongue as he stood up. He rubbed his shoulders, and spun his neck. He stretched his limbs, and got down on the floor to do push-ups.

Seriously? This man was out of his mind.

"Yeah," I agreed after some time. "Do you think we're going to get out of here?"

Scott stopped what he was doing to look at me. Those green eyes softening up. "Of course, my squirrel," he replied, and moved into my aura. He gently placed his hands on both sides of my face. "We'll be okay. As long as we stick together, we're going to make it out alive. I promise you that."

I nodded my head, and closed my eyes. He surprised me when he gave me a quick peck on the lips, and stood up. My eyes snapped open to glare at him.

"Maybe it's —"

"We should get going," he cut me off, staring into the distance. "And my gut is telling me that we should go that way."

I lifted myself off from the ground, and dusted my behind. "Do you always trust your gut?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "Because I don't."

"That's the thing," he said, briefly glancing at me. "You need to learn how to trust me. Come on, let's move."

Not saying anything after that, I followed his every move. My stomach growled again, and I held onto it. Damn, it began to hurt. God truly did take his time to plan my life out.

That's just wonderful.

With no food in my system, my body functioned pretty well. We were walking through trees, stamping on twigs and leaves that brushed over our skin. The ground was moist, and uneasy to walk on.

My legs felt as if they were on fire, and I'd never thought I'd say this; but I missed home.

I missed the comfort of my bed, the annoying sound of my sister's voice, my optimistic best friend, and most importantly; my loving mother. I was beginning to convince myself that we'd never find help, and we were going to die.

All my life I believed I was going to have a decent funeral, but instead they were going to find my body in these woods. Most probably from dying from starvation, and fatigue.

It has been two days now — no sign of help just a crazy Mexican that tried to kills us with a rifle gun. He didn't even give us a chance to explain.

And for the first time, I admitted to myself that I was scared. I didn't voice there thoughts though. They were all up in my head. The stinging in my nose began some trouble because I could feel my eyes swell up with tears.

Quickly swiping my hand over my eyes, I didn't want to show any sign of weakness in front of Scott. I didn't need pity. I needed to show him that I was capable of doing this with him. Together. That's what he said anyway.

"Here," he called, and tossed me his hoodie. I raised my hands to catch it, but it landed on my face.

He let out a chuckle, and I wasted no time to slid the hoodie on. Did he notice how I wrapped my hands around my arms in attempt to warm myself? Most probably. The sun might be out, but there were so may trees, it blocked the heat from coming through.

"Thanks," I mumbled, noticing that the sleeves hung over my hands. I raised it to show him. "You really need to stop growing. Look at this. It basically swallowing me alive."

He wrapped it around his waist when he got out of the car, and I was grateful when he decided to bring it with. Scott chuckled. "You still manage to rock it though," he replied with a smirk.

I smiled, and folded my arms over my chest. "First of, I manage to rock everything I wear since I have a sense of fashion," I said to him. "Or at least one of us has."

"Hey, I heard that," he said walking over to me.

My brain immediately knew what he was going to do. He was going to kiss me. I took a step back, not wanting to be part of this anymore.

Scott outstretched his hands in front of him. "Zayn," my name slipped out his mouth slowly, and calmly. "I know what you're thinking. But that's not the case, trust me."

I threw my hands up exasperatedly. "What is it with you, and trust?" I asked, shaking my head slightly. "You speak about trust yet you do the opposite toward your girlfriend."

"Can you zip it, please?" he snapped at me, swiping his index finger, and thumb across his lips. "I need you to stay calm, okay?"

I raised my eyebrow at him. "You're not making any sense, Scott," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "I'm calm, alright. So stop with your paranoia and put your hands down."

Scott shook his head. "Just..." he waved his hand toward him. "Just slowly walk over to me. Just don't run, or scream."

"What do you mean don't —"

Then I heard it. My eyes widened, and I slowly turned around to look at the creature. An enormous chubby brown grizzly bear stared at us with its head tilted to the side — well, he was looking at me — and growled as loud as he could.

I cringed, closing my eyes just to reopen them. My chest was moving so fast I thought it might just stop working.

"Listen to me," Scott said behind me. "We have to play dead."

I slowly turned to glare at him. Was he being serious right now? Okay clearly he hit his head real hard when he was young. Add to the fact that he was an idiot.

"Play dead?" I shouted, not meaning to. "Are you out of your mind? That's like... wanting to get killed."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "No, that's the safest way, Zayn," he told me. "So just get on the ground, and play dead."

His green eyes widened as he stared behind me, and I whipped around so fast I thought my neck might snap. To my utter horror the bear stood up on his hind legs, and growled louder than before.

"That's it, I'm out of here!"

"Zayn, don't run!"

It was too late, I let out an ear piercing scream, and ran the opposite direction we were suppose to be going, throwing my arms in the air. I heard heavy steps behind me, but I didn't bother to look over my shoulder.

Scott was infront of me in a matter of seconds, and I stopped in my tracks. I was breathing heavy. "Did we..." I asked, swallowing my saliva. "Did we make it out alive?"

"You're slow," he simply said to me, and slightly bent down in front of me. I yelped when he suddenly grabbed my arse, and pushed me onto his back.

He stood up, and ran straight ahead effortlessly. Scott ran as fast as he could, and I turned my head around to see that the bear was not backing down.

The creature was determined to have us for breakfast. "Faster!" I shouted when it came within twenty feet. "I don't want to die!"

"I'm going to jump!" Scott shouted back. "It's the only way!"

"Jump where —"

I let out another ear piercing scream as everything around me seemed to be going in slow motion. I released myself from Scott's back, kicking my legs, and arms in the air.

Turquoise water below us came closer with each second. Straightening my legs, and planted my arms beside me as I splashed into the water.

Holding my breath, I tried not to inhale. My eyes were open, staring at the glistening water as I sank like the titanic. My eyes felt droopy so I closed it, and my throat started to burn when a pair of hands brought me up to the surface.

I opened my eyes, and Scott's face came into view. The first thing I noticed was his eyes, his beautiful green eyes, and eyelashes that seemed longer than they already were.

His hair was sticking to his forehead, the sun right above his head. He gently slapped my cheek to keep me awake. "Stay with me, squirrel," he said, his gaze never leaving mine. "Just breath, you're safe now."

I did what I was told, and when I regained enough courage I wanted to sit up, I realized I was in my worst nightmare. Despite my rapid kicking of my legs and arms, he held me tight.

"Stay still," he informed me, lifting me up so that I was facing him. "I won't let go. I'm here."

I immediately wrapped my legs around his waist. My heart pounded against my chest not because I was this close to him, but I was in a surprisingly beautiful lake, and despite his reassurance that he will not let me go, my fear of drowning consumed my thoughts.

"Get me out of here," I told him in a panic voice as my teeth shuddered together. I stared into his mesmerizing green eyes. "Please," I added, "water is not really my scene."

He grinned at me. "On one condition."

"What do you want?" I asked, rolling my eyes at him. "Just know I'm not going to sleep with you."

Scott pouted, and shook his head slightly. "Mhmm," he hummed, smirking where the right side of his mouth was higher than the left side. "That's thought it was tempting, but no. I'm going to teach you how to swim."

I eyed him warily. "Uh, no?" I said, shaking my head. "If you lived with me for a year, you'd know water and I are not best friends."

"Come on," he said, pouting again, and my eyes drifted to his lips "It'll be fun. Things are always fun when I'm around."

Rolling my eyes at him, he was grinning. "No, your fun landed us in this situation in the first place," I said to him. "So we're not having any fun."

"Fine," he said, and I sighed with relief. Well, that was easy.

I furrowed my eyebrows when he unwrapped my legs around his waist. "Scott, what are you —"

I shrieked when he let go of me. "Okay fine you win!" I shouted. "Now get me out of here. It's freezing."

Scott chuckled, and reached out so he can brush the hair out of my face. My breath hitched up my throat. He turned so I could get onto his back.

Wrapping my arms around his neck for support, he began to paddle his legs toward shore. Once we reached safety, Scott turned and grinned at me. "I'm so excited!" he cheered, grinning too widely at me. "I know you're not a fan of water. But what's the best way to learn than with me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Does everything have to be about you?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest. Water just drenched from my clothes.

Scott discarded his shirt, and I gulped. "No," he simply replied. "Everything doesn't have to be about me, squirrel. It is about me. It's always been about me."

He turned, and disappeared into the bushes behind the shore. I sighed, and took off the hoodie. My clothes were sticking to my skin uncomfortably.

Scott reappeared with a few logs in his arms, the veins eminent in his arms. He threw them into a pile, and looked at me. I suddenly felt shy under his gaze.

I couldn't stop looking at how defined his body looked. If only I could brush my finger tips against his skin. I snapped out of my trance when I heard the buckle of a belt.

He removed his jeans, and I averted my gaze. I felt my face flush.

"I suggest you do the same," he said after some time, "unless you want to sit in wet clothes."

Scott was occupying himself to make a fire while I discarded my clothing. I felt exposed. Naked. Seen. I hung my clothes over a branch not too far away.

I turned to look at Scott, only to see him gawk at me. Covering my torso, I said, "can you not stare at me, please? I feel awkward when someone does that."

He chuckled. "It's adorable," he told me, rubbing his hands together with a stick in between. "But how can I not look at you when you're that good looking?"

Feeling the heat rush up to my cheeks, I folded my arms across my chest. "You're such a flirt," I said, scoffing. "It this how you get everyone to sleep with you? You charm them into bed?"

"Yes!" he cheered when it caught fire, and grinned. He looked at me again. "It's not just my charms, squirrel. It's how you make the next person feel. You have to make them feel like they belong."

Now that I think about it, Warren made me feel like I belonged to him. At first, I thought this wasn't a good idea. But he made me feel worthy until he got what he wanted, and left.

"Yeah," I said after some time, "I guess it makes sense."

Scott walked over to me, and placed both of his hands on either side of my shoulders. "If you think too much about it, you forget what you really have in the present moment."

I stared into his green eyes. He was right. But I wasn't going to admit that out loud, of course. "Y-Yeah, I agree," I responded, not really knowing what to say.

He clasped his hands together. "Time for some swimming lessons!"

He was way to enthusiastic about this.

Another groan escaped my throat. "Fine, let's get this over and done with."

•••

A/N:

Just a sweet reminder that;
you’re beautiful and that’s a fact, so slay.

you can follow me on
Instagram: zunaid_lawrence

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 2K 27
ROMANCE Two friends, Morton and Oliver, decide to go on a road trip in a VW campervan and end up discovering that there may be more to their friendsh...
6.7K 185 18
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...
107K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
147K 5.9K 24
Zayn is bored with his life. He has friends, but he feels like he's the annoying one that no one likes, so he doesn't really open up to them. He love...