Love, Romance And A Boy (bxb)...

By Zunaid_Lawrence

It was pure euphoria. When he pulled away, I immediately missed his lips against mine. "Fuck Zayn," he said h... More

Introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty

seven

13.7K 442 58
By Zunaid_Lawrence

0 7.

•••

My head was throbbing so hard, I could feel it in my core.

Inhaling to exhale, Scott's hand run up and down my back soothingly. I tried not to lose my cool. I was in his arms at a weird position.

"I need you to get off me so I can let us out," he said grinning too widely at me. "Though I love this position. I think we should stay like this until help arrives."

I came to the conclusion that he bumped his head when he was young. He was sexually active, and always seemed to be smiling at me. Something twisted in my stomach as I rolled my eyes.

Once I got off his lap, he sent me a wink and turned his attention toward the cracked windshield in front of us. He kicked it once — making me flinch —  it began to break open. He gave it one more powerful kick, and the window flew out.

Scott looked at me, and gestured toward the exit. "After you," he said politely. "There's smoke which means we're going to explode soon."

Woah. That was one way of making me feel comfortable.

Folding my arms over my chest stubbornly, I said, "you're always make me leave first ,or open doors for me." Rolling my eyes, I added, "it makes me feel weird. You make it seem like I'm a girl which I'm not, obviously. I really —"

Scott shook his head. "Seriously?" he asked unbelievably, giving me a deadpan look. "We're in a life, or death situation right now, and you have time to argue? Just get out of the car already. I'm not ready to die yet."

I sighed, and ran my hands through my hair. God, what a mess this was. Letting my foot touch the dashboard, the car jerked forward and I gasped.

He snorted, and I turned to glare at him. "This isn't  funny!" I said, seriousness written all over my face. "I could lose my leg or something."

Carefully making sure not to hurt myself, I reluctantly got on the dashboard, and got out safely. Scott was already behind me, and when our eyes met, he looked down at my hand.

"What?" I asked innocently as I brought my hand up only to see red. "Oh God."

My head immediately started to spin. Blood made me dizzy and nauseous, I figured he didn't know that when I fell onto the ground. Scott laughed until he realized it was a very serious situation and cursed, "oh shit, you're being serious."

Right after our accident, the clouds evaporated and the sun was back out again. I could only concentrate on the beautiful leaves on the trees, the sunlight crept through as it gave the environment life. It was also the first time that I actually saw birds communicate with each other.

The hairs in my ears vibrated at the sound of footsteps and Scott bent down cautiously lifting my head up.  "Hey squirrel," he said with a small smile on his lips. "We gotta find help. Come on, get up."

I opened my mouth to say something when I felt cold water being splashed onto my face. I coughed, and Scott tilted me onto my side as the content in my stomach came up.

"Don't worry," he said, patting my back repeatedly. "Let it out. Its good to let it all out."

After having an episode, I felt so much better. Turning my head to look into Scott's green eyes. "Thank you," I said sincerely. "Do you mind wiping the blood from my hand? I don't want to see it."

Scott chuckled. "Yeah, I already took care of that," he replied scratching the back of his head. "Come on."

He took my hand, and helped me up onto my feet. Glancing around us, it was trees all around us. Shit.

"You okay?" he asked dabbing his wet hand across my forehead, and cheeks. "You look like you might have another episode."

I glared at him. "Can you not call it an episode?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "I'm just... I don't like seeing blood. It makes me feel some type of way, okay?"

Scott raised an eyebrow at me. "But you have blood in your body?" he asked, "it doesn't make any sense."

Did I really have to explain myself to him? Throwing my hands up into the air, I started walking toward the road. Glancing back, I said, "are you coming?"

A shit-eating grin spread across his lips. "Oh yeah, I'm coming alright," he said in a deep voice. "Let me just get my hoodie, then we can go."

I grimaced, and rolled my eyes as I started to walk again. Scott ran over to the car, and retrieved his blue hoodie. It was my favorite clothing of his, but I figured he didn't need to know that.

"Don't you think we should walk back the way we came?" he asked causing me to stop in my tracks.

Turning around to look at him, he was looking at me so intensely I thought my head might explode. "And get lost?" I asked, rolling my eyes at him.

"We're already lost," he deadpanned, staring at me. "How much more can we get lost?"

"You know what I meant," I said, already feeling tired. "If we walk back, there's no way we're going to make it. We took so many turns, I don't even know the way back!" I exclaimed in a state of panic. "Besides, we might find someone down the road or something."

"Or something?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Do you think there are animals around here. Wolves, maybe?"

I shook my head. "If there were any wolves, we would've been dead by now," I replied, feeling sure of that fact. "They can smell blood from a distance."

"Mhmm," he hummed distractingly. "I suppose you're right."

With a roll of my eye, we started walking again. Ahead of us were just a long road with trees at its side giving it a beautiful view to be honest.

I was still scared though.

It was quiet, almost deafening. Birds chirped in the trees, and the sounds made it so peaceful. The sun was blazing upon us, but luckily the trees provided shade.

There was no life here — well, except for the birds of course — and it scared the shit out of me. No cars in site, no water in site, and no help in site. I didn't like walking, but I guess I had no choice in this case.

Opening my mouth to say something, a loud bombing sound resonated into my ear. I ducked, and covered my ears as it began to zing.

Clutching onto them tightly so the stinging can go away, I removed my hands from my ears and turned around. Scott shook his head, and turned around as well.

"Jesus," Scott cursed, looking as the car erupted into flames, "luckily we made it out there alive."

He was right. At least we made it out of there in the nick of time.

I groaned, and ran my hands down my face. "We're as good as dead — we'll be fine, he said. Don't worry about it, he said —look where you got us!" I shouted at him. "In the middle of damn nowhere! Does it make you happy, huh?"

Scott turned around, and looked straight into my eyes. "You're the one talking!" he shouted with just as much force. "Let's not blame each other here because clearly we're both at fault. But I guess some people are afraid to admit that."

Folding my arms over my chest, I said, "you can stop throwing shade, that's so last year." Pointing my finger at him, I accused, "you were the one driving. I'm innocent here. It's all about the man behind the wheel."

He tilted his head to the side, nostrils flaring and sighed. "Fine. Blame me, that's what you always do, right?" he asked, walking  toward me. "Because you can't accept the facts." His tone was sharp, clearly angry.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "And you do?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "You're so conceited to the point where you can't see your own faults."

I didn't mean for it to come out like that, but it did. I didn't mean it in a bad way. Well, sometimes he did this where he'd just make decisions without thinking because of his huge ego.

"What's that suppose to mean?" he asked, a lot more calmer this time.

"You're a smarty, figure it out," I snapped when he stood in front of me. "Stage one is denial right? That's what you always say."

"Hey," he said, pointing at me. "You can't just blame this on me. This is both our fault! We made a spilt decision to make, and it turned out horrible, okay? These things happen in life. Get over it."

"Get over it?" I asked, scoffing. "Seriously? What are you, six? Just... stop talking before I actually do something I might regret."

"Oh yeah?" he challenged me, taking a step into my personal space. My breath hitched up in my throat when our chests touched.  "I dare you to do it. You're all talk, no action."

Was he serious?

"You know what?" I threw my hands up, and took a step back as I pursed my lips. "I'm not going to bother talking to irrelevant people."

He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

I just stared back him with the same intensity. Turning on my heel, I started walking again not bothering to look back to see if he was following.

The sun wasn't helping me think either. Maybe he was experiencing problems in his relationship, and now he was taking it out on me. Groaning out loud, I kicked the small stones on the side of the road.

"Zayn look!" he yelled behind me, and turned around to glare at him.

Looking up, Scott was pointing into the far distance. I had to squint my eyes to have a good look at what he was pointing at.

I grinned when I saw a truck coming down the road, and I couldn't contain my excitement as I began to wave my arms in the air.

"You weren't this excited for me," Scott deadpanned, rolling his eyes. "Glad to know where your loyalties lie."

"Can you cut it out please?" I asked him in a serious tone. "This isn't the time to argue about my feelings. Help is arriving."

A thought entered my mind. Could this actually be help? We were in the middle of nowhere, the person could easily kill us, and bury us.

"But wait..." I voiced my thoughts, "what if this guy is a rubber, or worse a kidnapper? I'm not ready to be shipped away, or killed for that matter."

"Oh no," Scott said, shaking his head. "You can't back out now. This might be our only chance! Tell me, do you see any other vehicles, or human figures around here?" he asked, dramatically spreading his arms wide open, and turned in a circle.

I hated when he was right. When I didn't say anything he said proudly. "Yeah, I thought so."

The grey truck came into view, and it stopped for us. We quickly ran to the other side of the truck to talk to the man. We had to be safe.

A man with long, thick beard and a baseball cap on his head smiled at us. Scott grinned at him. "Hi, we're lost," he said, "are you on your way to California, perhaps? Or do you maybe have a cellphone we could borrow?"

He grinned showing a missing front tooth. I grimaced at that. Yikes. "Hacia dónde se dirigen?"

Scott grin fell from his face, and he immediately looked at me. "Do you speak Spanish?" he asked, panic clear in his voice. "Please tell me you do!"

"I did it in ninth grade," I said with a shrug. "I don't know what he's saying."

I didn't do well in Spanish. I failed it like multiple times. Glancing down the road, I scratched the back of my head.

"Well?" Scott urged, green eyes looking at me impatiently.

"Well what?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

He snorted very loudly, and pointed to the man in the truck. "What is he saying?" he asked impatiently. "Ask him if he's going to California."

"I don't know," I said, running my fingers through my hair.  "How do I..." trying to form a sentence in my head, I turned my attention to the man. "A dónde vas?"

He looked ahead, and pointed down the road. "A la frontera de Mexico cerca de San Diego."

Scott's eyes grew wide, and grinned when he heard the state San Diego. "Sí, take us."

I shook my head at him. "Scott, I don't think that's what he —"

He completely ignored me as he grabbed my wirst, and ran around the front of the truck to get into the passenger seat. It was surprisingly high, and uncomfortable too.

The man still had his grin on his face and he threw his hand in the air. "¡vamonos!"

Scott did the same, and smiled. "¡vamonos!"

And I still didn't know why Scott made me sit next to this man. It was so awkward sitting between them. The man had a smile on his lips as he took a sip of his drink. Okay, we were going to die. He was drinking while driving.

"Do you think he knows what you were telling him?" Scott asked, uncertainty written over his face.

"You see what I meant by your impulsive decision making?" I asked as I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "We're sitting in a truck, driving to God knows where, aren't we?" I added, rolling my eyes. "What's the worst that could happen?"

Just as I said this, a bird flew into the window as I let out a ear piercing scream. Scott chuckled, and the man jekred next to me, and glanced at me. "No te preocupes, era solo un pájaro."

"Oh," I said, and nodded my head not understanding what he was saying.

Scott scoffed, and sat back against the seat. "This is a great roadtrip," Scott said sarcastically. "We're already getting a lift from a Spanish dude! He could be saying that he'll take us to the border!"

"We're as good as dead," I repeated my previous statement, looking at Scott. "We'll be fine, he said. Don't worry about it, he said," I quoted what he said to me back in the car. "Fun, isn't it?"

"Okay, you can shut it now," he mumbled, closed his eyes. "I'm gonna take a nap. Enjoy speaking Spanish."

I rolled my eyes. My life just got more hectic. But of course it did.

Perfect.

•••

A/N:

I don't speak Spanish, so sorry if I miss interpreted what I said. I used Google translate.

hahahahaha

hahaha

ha

you’re beautiful and that’s a fact, so slay.

you can follow me on
Instagram: zunaid_lawrence

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 15.4K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
837K 37.5K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
105K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...