...

By xxclosed1316xx

More

Chapter 1: August Part I
Chapter 2: August Part II
Chapter 3: August Part III
Chapter 4: September Part I
Chapter 5: September Part II
Chapter 6: October Part I
Chapter 7: October Part II
Chapter 8: November
Chapter 9: December Part I
Chapter 10: December Part II
Chapter 11: January Part I
Chapter 12: January Part II
Chapter 13: January Part III
Chapter 14: February Part I
Chapter 15: February Part II
Chapter 16: February Part III
Chapter 17: February Part IV
Chapter 18: February Part V
Chapter 19: March Part I
Chapter 20: March Part II/April Part I
Chapter 21: April Part II
Chapter 22: April Part III/May Part I
Chapter 23: May Part II
Chapter 24: Finale
CHAPTER LIST: SPECIALS, SEQUEL, SHOTS, DRABBLES
Christmas Special
Valentine's Day Special
Caught Me - Chapter 1
Caught Me - Chapter 2
Caught Me - Chapter 3
Caught Me - Chapter 4
Caught Me - Chapter 5
Caught Me - Chapter 6
Caught Me - Chapter 7
Caught Me - Chapter 8
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 1
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 2
Christmas Special 2017
Dara's Approval OneShot
Tattoo OneShot
Wisdom Tooth OneShot
Babysitting OneShot
College Library Smut OneShot
Chaerin's Reaction Drabble
'Snowed In' - Drabble
Horror Movie Oneshot
Faded - Part I
Faded - Part II
Drunk Jensoo Snippets
Appendix OneShot
"Jisoo Kim has nothing on Nayeon" - OneShot
Proposal OneShot
Prenups OneShot
Wedding OneShot
Jisoo's Secret OneShot
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part I
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part II
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part III
Future OneShot
Jena Goes to Dinner OneShot
Accidental Stimulation OneShot
Fall Season with Jena
Valentines Day Drabble
Jennie's Game Oneshot
Jennie's Dream OneShot
Jena at the Zoo Drabble
Baby Jena and Jisoo OneShot
Injury - Part I
Injury - Part II
Injury - Part III
Injury - Part IV
Injury - Part V
Jennie Meets Seunghyun
Dara's Pregnancy - Part I
Dara's Pregnancy - Part II
Dara's Pregnancy - Part III
Dara's Pregnancy - Part IV
The Walking Dead AU OneShot
Time Traveling Jena OneShot
Eggs Oneshot
Reminiscing Oneshot
Honeymoon Oneshot
Home For The Holidays Oneshot

Jena's Costume OneShot

1.7K 43 4
By xxclosed1316xx

Jena's Costume Oneshot

Prompt: It's Halloween and Jisoo accompanied Jena to pick her costume! What costume do you think would our chubster pick?

*****

Jisoo was almost too amused to push the shopping cart, what with Jena's chubby little legs sticking out of the front of the toddler seat, her eyes taking in the costume shop with awe.

Jisoo had taken Jena to find a costume of her choice, while Jennie had set off to work out with her teammates.

Jena had been all too eager to hop in the car and sing, all along the way, "Dwagon, dwagon, dwagon-"

It gave Jisoo life, watching her little Jennie all too excited over her favorite childhood holiday. Jisoo remembered how much she adored spending halloweens with her father. Dara and Seunghyun would go to great lengths to make Jisoo happy. They'd buy her three or four costumes so she could change during the night, if she pleased. Seunghyun would prepare months ahead of time, finding and ordering only the latest and greatest decorations for their home.

He and Jisoo would spend hours setting up mazes on the lawn, stringing up a flying grim reaper to soar between the trees on their driveway. They'd get buckets and buckets of candy, of all varieties, and they'd sit together and hand them out, once her rounds with the delinquents were made.

She missed him dearly, and could only imagine what he'd think of Jena, who would have adored him just as much.

"Mommy?" Jena tugged on her sleeve, her little pigtails bouncing.

"Sorry." Jisoo smiled apologetically, snapping out of it.

"Cotumes!" Jena grinned cheekily, her baby teeth showing as she did. Jisoo grinned.

"Yeah, baby. Costumes. I wonder what you want to be...." She drawled teasingly.

"DWAGON."

"No kidding." Jisoo laughed, pushing the cart along the aisles of fake blood.

Jena watched a few of the masks with terror, and Jisoo gently patted her leg.

"Don't worry, kiddo. It's fake."

Jena nodded, and visibly relaxed when they found the kid's section, more alight and colorful and far less traumatizing.

Jena was lighting up, getting more and more excited by the second. She eyed the rows and rows of costumes, sample images lining the walls. She looked thrilled.

"Oh gosh." She mumbled, slapping a chubby hand to her cheek.

Jisoo melted.

"Uppy." Jena whispered in awe, making grabby hands at Jisoo.

Jisoo grinned and lifted her into her arms, kissing her cheek with a satisfying little lip smack.

"Look, mommy." Jena gushed, pointing to a stereotypical french artist in a striped shirt, a beret, and a moustache. "You."

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Just cause he's an artist, doesn't mean-"

"YOU." Jena insisted stubbornly.

"Alright. Thank you for that." Jisoo snorted, walking along the aisle with her. "Let's see....Oh. A princess!"

"Dwagon."

"A pirate!"

"Dwagon."

"A soldier!"

"Dwagon."

"A popstar!"

"Dwagon."

"A dragon!"

"MOMMY!" Jena wiggled so hard she fell out of Jisoo's grip, and landed luckily on her feet.

"Jena!" Jisoo gasped. "Baby, be careful!"

"Want want want want want-"

Jisoo was shaking with laughter. "Okay! Okay! Why do you like dragons so much?"

Jena's eyes were glowing. "Fire! Wings, mommy! WINGS."

Jisoo nodded, reaching for a package. "Okay, baby. Here. You wanna hold it?"

Jena nodded excitedly.

"Okay. Here." Jisoo lifted Jena back into her seat in the cart, and handed her the packaged costume, enjoying the way Jena practically pored over the image of the baby in the costume on the front. Jisoo leaned down, kissing her head.

She then turned her attention to the adult costumes on the other side of the wall, grimacing at the cheesiness of them.

Dirty cop, sexy school teacher, the usual. Jisoo wore a little smirk when she thought of Jennie's costume.

The one she wasn't going to be wearing in public.

Damn, her life was good.

"Buy?" Jena quipped, tilting her head like a puppy.

Jisoo glanced up. "Huh?"

"Buy?" Jena repeated, clutching the dragon costume to her chest.

"Yeah. You ready?" Jisoo smiled, rolling the cart forward at Jena's behest.

Jisoo stopped short in her tracks when Jena shrieked, "MOMMA!" so loudly that at least three different patrons froze in place, staring at her.

"Where?" Jisoo turned her head, glancing for Jennie, since Jena had called for her. Jena pointed with a pudgy little finger at one costume, sample image proudly displayed: Jennie Kim™ toddler's costume.

"Oh, whoa!" Jisoo grinned, picking it up. "No way, that's cool. Jennie's gonna love that." She moved to snap a picture, but Jena whined,

"Mommy! I hold?" Jena asked softly. "Pwease?"

Jisoo smiled, handing it to her. "Do you like it?"

Jena nodded frantically. "....Buy?" She asked carefully.

Jisoo paused. "Instead of your dragon costume?"

Jena paused, too, in need of elaboration.

Jisoo brushed a stray curl behind her ear. "Jena, you can only wear one costume. You don't want to change a bunch of times, do you?"

Jena shook her head.

"Right, so only one. I thought you loved dragons."

"But....momma." Jena whimpered.

Jisoo sighed. "I know. That's pretty cool, that you get to be momma for halloween."

Jena looked deeply thoughtful.

Jisoo wondered what was going on in that magnificent mind of hers.

And then, Jena tapped her hand.

"Yes?"

Jena pointed to the beginning of the row, where they'd started. "Pwease." She added, as Jisoo quirked a brow at her, turning the cart around to heed her daughter's request.

*****

Jennie came in through the front door, freshly showered and clean, setting her workout bag down in the corner as she called out softly, "I'm home!"

She moved into the kitchen, eyes taking in the pumpkin spice scented candles.
"Mommamommamommamommamommamomma-" And so the resounding shriek went, coming from Jena's bedroom.

Jennie grinned, moving to follow her voice, but instead was intercepted by her wife.

Jisoo held a glass of wine in her free hand, the other wrapping around Jennie's neck for a kiss.

"Hey beautiful." Jisoo purred, and Jennie melted, arms winding around Jisoo's waist in a tight grip.

"Someone's in a very good mood." Jennie smirked a little, pulling Jisoo flush against her.

Jisoo shrugged. "Had a great day with our baby. She has a surprise for you." Jennie smiled.

"Is that why she's up there and not steamrolling me right now?"

Jisoo nodded, pushing the wine glass to Jennie's lips. "Mhmm. Open up."

Jennie laughed, using a hand to tilt the glass back from the stem, taking a sip before Jisoo took it out of her hands, setting it down on the counter contentedly.

"Good. Now you'll taste like it." Jisoo declared, pushing Jennie back into the counter as she leaned up for a kiss, Jennie all too happy to comply.

Jennie pressed their foreheads together, smiling happily.

"Missed you." Jisoo mumbled, wrapping her arms around Jennie.

"Missed you too." Jennie laughed, stroking her back gently. "Now, what's this about a surprise?"

*****

Jennie was sat on the living room couch, looking absolutely amused.

"Ready?" Jena's little toddler voice came from just outside of her view.

Jisoo emerged into sight, shaking her head. "Not yet! Wait till I call you."

Jennie could only imagine Jena was nodding dutifully.

"So, Jen." Jisoo clasped her hands together, taking on the vocal tone of a late night show host.

"Yes, Jisoo." Jennie teased, leaning back in her seat.

"As you know, Jena and I-"

"Now?!" Jena hissed from behind the wall.

Jisoo grinned. "No!" She whisper-yelled back. She turned her attention back to Jennie, who was grinning with an expression of pure joy. She loved her family so much, it was heartwarming just to watch her reaction.

"So, Jena and I went to buy her costume."

"Exciting!" Jennie cheered, more for Jena than Jisoo.

Jisoo nodded. "But! There was a dilemma."

"Di llama?" Jena echoed behind the wall, then shushed herself, remembering she was supposed to be quiet.

"Oh no. Do tell." Jennie leaned forward, sipping her wine.

Jisoo smiled. "Well, as I'm sure you know, Jena wanted to be a dragon."

Jennie laughed. "I'm aware."

"BUT!" Jisoo feigned a gasp. "Change of plans."

"What?" Jennie looked genuinely surprised.

"Jennie, you were in fact, the problem."

"Me?" Jennie gasped, clutching her heart.

"Yes. You. Because, just as we were leaving, guess who's costume we saw on display?"

Jennie gaped. "No way, Jisoo."

"Way, baby. Jennie Kim football costume for toddlers." Jisoo announced.

Jennie bit back a grin. "That's wild." She whispered.

"So, clearly, Jena was distraught. She didn't want to be the dragon, because...her mom is a halloween costume, and that's a rare opportunity. She didn't want to be just you, because she thought I'd be left out. So, may I present Jena?"

Jena was jumping up and down in excitement behind the wall.

Jennie grinned, eyes twinkling.

"Jena, the artist/football playing dragon!" Jisoo announced, and Jena came toddling out.

Jennie clutched her heart, and nearly keeled over.

She'd never seen a goddamned cuter thing in her life.

Jena wore large purple plush dragon feet with little claws. Her head was right under the dragon's, who happened to be wearing a beret. Her purple plush dragon arms and claws had a paintbrush and pallet taped to each, and pulled over her costume was a large, limited edition Jennie Rubyjane Kim football jersey, signed by Jennie, just a week prior.

Jennie was laughing so hard she couldn't contain herself.

Jena grinned and toddled over, her purple dragon tail swinging behind her as she ran right into her arms, hugging Jennie tightly.

"Baby!" Jennie gasped, and her ribs hurt from laughing so hard. "You look so cool!"

Jena lit up at the compliment. "You like, Momma?!"

"I LOVE it!" Jennie exclaimed, kissing her little chubby cheeks.

"This is so amazing!"

"I'm dwagon and mommas," Jena announced proudly, nodding her head to punctuate her point.

"This is the best costume I've ever seen!" Jennie applauded, and Jena looked happier than she'd ever been.

"I wonder..." Jennie drawled. "If my mighty artist dragon football player...is ticklish under that suit." Jena shrieked and tried to escape, but Jennie snatched her up, laughing joyfully as Jena giggled and shrieked and squirmed in her arms.

Jisoo watched with a little lump in her throat, and it wasn't until Jena finally heaved a sigh of relief and slumped in Jennie's arms, that Jennie finally noticed.

"Love?" Jennie asked, brushing a stray hair behind her ear. "Are you alright?" She frowned, looking instantly concerned.

Jisoo smiled a little watery smile, nodding as she came to sit beside them.

Jennie didn't look any more relaxed, opening her arm for Jisoo to snuggle into her side.

Jena burrowed into the space between them, glancing up at Jisoo.

"You sad mommy?"

Jisoo tsked, shaking her head. She leaned down and kissed Jena's head, and then leaned up to kiss Jennie's cheek.

"I just love you two a lot." Jisoo murmured. "You...remind me of somebody I used to know."

It clicked in Jennie's mind, and she smiled comfortingly, rubbing Jisoo's arm.

Jena didn't seem to follow the reference to Seunghyun, but smiled nonetheless, hugging Jisoo's side.

"Luh yoo mommy."

"I love you more, baby." Jisoo answered instantly, smiling when Jennie laced her fingers with hers.

"You guys are my whole world."

* * ©EffortlesslyOpulent * *
* * ©sam_kom_trashkru * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1.6K 35
"I will let fate work for us, if you really destined to be mine even how hard our situation is, there will be always a way to reach your heart"
3.2K 148 24
Jensoo
90.1K 3.6K 31
[LISRENE]
13K 189 25
ᶜʰᵃᵉˡⁱˢᵃ, ᶜʰᵃᵉⁿⁿⁱᵉ, & ᶜʰᵃᵉˢᵒᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ⁻ˢʰᵒᵗˢ. ⁱᵈᶜ ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁽ᶜᴼᴺⱽᴱᴿᵀᴱᴰ⁾ᴺᵒ ʰᵃᵗᵉ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ... ᶜʳᵉᵈⁱᵗˢ ᵍᵒ ᵗᵒ:ᶜʰᵃᵉⁿⁿⁱᵉ_²⁰²²