I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 13

55.7K 2K 230
By shruthii

Hi,

Here is Chapter 13 for you all :D

This chapter is dedicated to @WorleyHeather :D

Pic on the side>>>>

PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END!

****

"In time we hate that which we often fear."
— William Shakespeare (Antony and Cleopatra)

EVERETT P.O.V

I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Templar to come downstairs. I had decided to take her out for dinner tonight.

I was happy to see her coming out of the house today. Even though she was out for only an hour, I was happy. It was a change because she spent the last few days cooped inside her room.

She would have stayed out a bit longer if only Reece had not come uninvited. My jaws clenched as I thought about that bastard. He had come to woo my mate. How dare he?

He knew well and good Templar’s mine, yet he brought those pathetic diamonds for her.

I let out a growl of frustration as I thought about diamonds. It was a good thing Templar that Templar wasn’t superficial. Her expression when she saw the diamonds were of incredulity rather than greed.

I was happy to hear her telling Reece off but angry because he threatened to tell the Sorority about Templar.

I don’t give two flying fucks about that Sorority but I cannot and will not let them make a decision that will distress Templar. They are just a bunch of old people who, when paid well, would make the decision we want.

The sound of footsteps brought me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see Templar. Dressed in a midnight blue dress, she looked breathtakingly gorgeous. My eyes first gazed her fingers and I was pleased to see the wedding ring there.

“You look beautiful” I said leaning forward to kiss her. But before my lips could touch hers, she twisted her head away.

“Dinner first” she reminded and then walked past me. I stared at her tense back and blinked once before following after her.

Dinner was a served on a terrace of a luxurious hotel where we had complete privacy. None of us spoke a word and it was like two strangers sitting in a same table and eating. I looked at Templar, who would simply play with her food using the fork. She wasn’t looking at me either and that bothered me the most.

What happened to her? She was fine this morning.

My wolf growled and started pacing around me and I wondered what was wrong with him. He was behaving a little strange these days, especially at night. It was like he was angry and distrustful about something and what that ‘something’ is… I had no clue.

Shaking my head, I continued thinking what went wrong today that had Templar annoyed. I was still confused until I recalled about the arrival of an uninvited guest.

“You don’t have to worry about Reece” I stated calmly.

“I am not worried about him.”

“Then why are you so quiet?”

“Just thinking.”

“About?”

“Nothing important.”

“The Sorority?” I queried. Templar sighed. “You don’t have to meet them at all. I will answer all their stupid questions.”

“I want to meet them.”

“Why?”

“Guilt” she replied and I flinched.

“It’s not your fault” I said quietly and Templar scoffed. I suppressed a growl and almost crushed my fork.

“Look at me” I growled glaring at her. Templar dropped the fork and the knife, looked up but still didn’t look me in the eye. “Eye contact” I said through gritted teeth and then her dark brown eyes clashed against mine. “I know what happened is sad but you and I both have to move on from that.”

“Easy to tell for you but I have to live with it” she snapped and then gulped audibly.

“What does that mean?” I asked in bewilderment.

“I know it’s my fault, okay? I know this would have never happened had I not behaved like a reckless animal” she fumed in outrage and stood up.

Hearing her words, I turned an ashen shade. She was blaming herself. I never thought about it. Honestly, I didn’t blame her because I knew the rogues had caused this. This would have never happened if those pathetic mutts hadn’t baited her.

“Templar…” I called calmly but she shook her head.

“You might pretend to behave it isn’t my fault but that is the truth. I would have never lost this baby had I stayed calm that day” with that said, Templar rushed out.

Dropping the fork, I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes.

Was I pretending? Did I blame her for losing our child? I asked my wolf who whined softly and rested his head on his paws.

Did I really blame Templar for losing her calm? No. I cannot and do not blame her because she is not in control of her wolf like others and I still don’t know the reason behind it. Reason as to why she loses control to her animal like that.

Did I blame Templar for crossing the territory? No. Terence had told me that some wolf had baited her and when Templar’s wolf has taken over her, the animal cares only about finishing her enemy.

Did I blame Templar? No. Not at all.

Did I blame Templar’s wolf? The White Wolf? My wolf perked up all of a sudden and I shook my head. However my wolf growled lowly. He loved his mate to death, but he didn’t like it when she lost control. So the answer is- Yes. I do blame her wolf.

It’s only because I don’t know why her wolf takes so much control over her. If I understand why it’s so, then I wouldn’t have. I really want to know why and I don’t know if I will ever get an answer to that why.

Sveta had once told me that she did a blood test of Templar, but she also told me that she didn’t find anything different. Just then I wished I knew some shrink from our kind, who would help Templar in finding why it’s so.

Taking a deep breath, I opened my eyes and decided to search for one.

Templar was already sitting in the passenger seat of the car when I climbed in. I turned to face her, but she pretended to ignore me.

Sighing, I started driving.

How did this dinner turn out to be such a disaster?

She was fine this morning and I was pleased to see that which is why I organized this dinner in the first place, but now…

I was really happy about one thing that I already booked two weeks holiday ticket to an island.  We would be leaving day after tomorrow. It would be a good change of place for Templar to relax and move on in her life.

Once Templar reached our bedroom door, she stopped and turned to face me.

“Rett” she called and I looked at her questioningly. “Would you mind if I slept on my own for a few days?”

I couldn’t even hide the frown that appeared on my face at her uncalled for request. It was indirectly her way of telling me to stay away from her. “I would not if you want it so” my wolf growled when I agreed with her decision.

“Thanks.”

When I stared at the closed door, a frustrated growl escaped from my throat.

Just two more days. After visiting Myron’s pack for the announcement of Genessa as the Luna of FireLight pack, Templar and I will be going on a vacation.

With that thought in mind, I went to the guest room to sleep for what remained of the night.

@)%!#!^!!* P.O.V

After closing the main door, I marched towards the garage. Once, I was there, I first went to pick up the bag that I had kept hidden in the garage. Then I picked up the tool box. Opening the lid, I picked up the hammer and smirked.

This would do. This would totally do for today.

I am just going to give a warning to these wolves. Just like the other day.

Zipping open the bag, I pulled out the plastic box that Randall had given me. The box contained ashes that would surely cover up my scent.

Catching a fistful of ash powder, I roughly rubbed it over my hands and neck. Then, I put on the gloves, my bag and catching the hammer, I marched towards the temple.

Randall really came up with a perfect plan and it worked really well so far. No one suspected Randall. I had to agree now that just like his reputation, Randall is really a dangerous wolf. Personally, I never ever want to get on his bad side.

I would prefer working for him than stand against him.

What he did to that white wolf…. Hat’s off!

I really had doubts that his plan wouldn’t work, but now all my doubts have vanished. If his plan failed, then I wouldn’t be here now- to attack the WaterWave Pack temple.

Rage filled inside me as I thought about that temple. I wanted it destroyed. I wanted it gone.

Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself.

I have to be calm and do this according to Randall’s plan. If I do anything wrong, our whole plan will fail and I cannot let that happen. I cannot act in haste, just like the White wolf. Her act of haste cost her lot.

It’s a good thing she doesn’t remember what had happened to her. It’s a good thing she doesn’t know what she did in that one week.

Fear enveloped me as I thought what would happen if she regains her memory. We all will be dead. She will surely come looking for Randall and Simon and I… I will be the first one to depart from this world. There will be no body for me.

The fear in me increased as an image of the white wolf popped in my head. She looked clearly terrifying covered in blood that day. It took her less than five minutes to kill ten of our wolves.

She is lethal.

She will not spare anyone.

Just then my cellphone started vibrating and stopping in my tracks, I picked my phone and answered Randall’s call.

“Did you do it yet?” he questioned.

Gulping, I whispered, “No.”

“Then what the hell are you doing?” Randall snarled making me flinch.

“I am going to the temple now” I answered hastily.

“You should have been finished with your work by now” he growled and I gulped. “Do you even know what you have to do?” he said.

“Yes… I do… I do”

“Good. Because if you fail today, then remember, just like how I put you where you are, I can remove you too” At that threat, the fear increased and I started shivering. “You are going to do it now” Randall commanded.

“Yes. Yes” I replied weakly.

“Then do it. I want actions” with that he cut the call. I let out a breath of relief. Randall was really scary.

As I walked ahead, I thought about what would happen if she gains her memory back. She will come after Simon. I stumbled on my path and almost fell but at last moment managed to compose myself. As I heard leaves ruffling, I stopped in my track.

“Who is there?” a voice called. At that very moment, I climbed up a tree and sat on the branch.

When I looked down, I noticed two wolves, who I presume were the guards coming forward and looking around. I closed my eyes shut hoping they would just go and not look at me.

After five minutes, when no one called me or growled, I opened my eyes. Relief washed over me as I noticed that the guards were long gone.

I unnecessarily got scared. They would not be able to sense me at all. The body was covered with ash and there is no way they are going to sense my presence.

It was a good thing that Randall planned every single thing through detail. It might have taken him a year to execute the plan after Glen’s death, but he did it without any flaw. Every single detail was carefully planned.

After all wasn’t it Randall who made sure her mate wasn’t there when she lost control. If he was there, with her that day, then this plan would never have been successful.

I need to have a little more faith in Randall because so far everything was going just the way he said it would.

He also told me there is no way she will gain her memory back, ever, and that was a major relief. If he was sure about it then I needed to be sure about it too.

After all, I have to endure this double life only for another ten days. Only until the eclipse.

After the eclipse, the white wolf will be dead to the world.

No one will be able to suspect what had happened to her. By the time they realize it will be too late because Templar Wayne will be long gone.

Everyone will speak about the white wolf using a past tense just like they speak about Glen now.

She deserved this. She deserved every punishment she is going through. So does her pack. If it wasn’t for the wretched pack then, she would never have come after Glen.

She killed Glen and she deserved to die. Pain sliced through my heart as I thought about Glen, who was very precious to me.

I took a deep breath and shook my head.

I didn’t have to worry about anything. Everything is taken care of. The white wolf will die as soon as the solar eclipse occurs.

Just ten more days.

The moment the sun is completely hidden and complete darkness occurs everywhere, will be the exact moment, White wolf will say goodbye to the world.

Standing in front of the temple, I couldn’t help but smile satisfactorily as I saw the burned lawn of the temple.

That was just a warning to this pack about what is going to come after the white wolf dies. What I am going to do now will also be a warning to these wolves.

No, I am not going to do anything to the pack or the temple now. They will be dealt with only after white wolf’s death.  But to divert their mind, from her, this has to be done.

While they keep wondering what is happening to their pack, their attention will be miles away from what is happening to that she-wolf. While they try to protect their pack, they will forget about their Luna.

And the best part, the white wolf herself will not know what is happening to her.

I stepped into the lawn and stared at the statue inside the temple. My lips curved to form a scorn as I saw the way they worshipped their precious goddess.

As I placed an arm on the threshold to step into the temple, shock spread all over my body and I had to take a step back.

What the hell!

There is no way that would work even now.

The wolves that devote themselves to the dark moon goddess will never be able to step into the bright moon goddess temple. However, I thought since everything has changed, I will be able to step into the temple.

Muttering a curse, I picked up my cellphone and decided to call Randall. He will be furious to learn about this too because I am damn sure he thought I could enter the temple in the current state.

But now, I realized the opposite. Not only can I not enter the temple, but I cannot touch the statue either because the moment I touch silver, it will turn black. Silver will lose its brightness as well as its color.

Randall picked the call in first ring. “What?” he asked annoyed.

“I cannot enter the temple” I said in a whisper, looking around and making sure no one was close by.

“Come again” he seethed.

“I cannot enter the temple. I tried but I couldn’t.”

There was silence on the other end and I wondered if Randall was even on the line. However he soon spoke, “I think we cannot until the eclipse” He muttered with a growl.

“I think so too” I agreed.

“Alright. Listen, here is what you’ll do….” as he informed his plan to me, I smirked because I knew this would work even if I cannot enter the temple.

“Don’t touch silver, ever” he warned before cutting the call.

Ten minutes later, after I completed what Randall has asked, I stared at the temple. If I cannot enter the temple, then no problem, but I can surely cause damage to the temple from outside, just like I did now.

As I turned to leave, I found a wolf standing near the temple and watching me in bewilderment.

Panic surged through me as I wondered what to do now. My knees were shaking as the guard stepped forward and looked at me questioningly.

Oh no! He cannot…. I have to kill him, now.

“What… what ar-are you doing here?” I asked shakily with a gulp.

“I am guarding the temple” he replied quietly and I gritted my teeth. As I saw him, peeping at the temple behind my shoulders, I quickly stood in front of him to conceal the view.

It was a good thing that he didn’t suspect me. I was really grateful of my appearance for that.

Taking a deep breath, I said firmly, “There is no n-need for that. You can go b-back to your house.”

He looked up stunned to hear what I said. Blinking, I growled lowly, “Didn’t you hear me?” I asked and was thankful that I wasn’t stuttering.

“Yes” he answered and I sighed.

“Then leave” The wolf turned and was about to leave but stopped in his tracks as he saw the bottle in my hand.

“Paint bottle?” he said confusedly and I closed my eyes.

My heart thudded in my chest and I wondered how to cover this up. What to do? I couldn’t call Randall because he would punish me, as he told, for this error.

I had to think of something… quick!

Before I could lie, the wolf looked up and stared at the temple door.

Oh Shit!

He stepped forward and blinked and then turned to face me in disbelief.

“I am doing this on purpose” I said and the wolf furrowed his brows.

“The temple door” he said pointing at the door and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

“What’s your name?” I asked innocently.

“Edward”

“Listen Ed, I need your help in this” I spoke leaning closer as I was sharing with this guard a personal secret. Immediately, his eyes lit up like Christmas tree and I knew he was eager to help me.

Smiling to myself, I whispered, “Since I want to know who burned the lawn, I am doing this.” Comprehension lit in the wolf’s eyes and he nodded in understanding.

“The whole pack might stand against you, but you have to be firm. No one will believe you but you will still keep on saying it. Okay?”

“Okay” he replied.

Total idiot!

“No one will believe me for what?” he asked curiously. I resisted the urge to slap him in the face. This mutt shouldn’t be asking any questions.

“No one will believe you when you tell them what I am going to say. It’s the first step in finding the real culprit” I said and he nodded. “This has to be done so that the culprit things he is safe” I added and the foolish mutt nodded again.

He will never know that it was me who burned his precious temple’s lawn.

“Tomorrow morning, when the Alpha asks you who burned the temple, this is what you are going to tell….” I trailed off and mentally did a victory dance because I knew this foolish mutt will do what I want without questioning me.

Just ten more days and then this mutt will die too.

****

So, how was it?

Who do you think the mysterious person is? Do you think the person belongs to WaterWave Pack or is just another rogue?

Keep reading if you want to know the answers ;)

NOTE:

1. Next update on Diwali i.e 23nd October WHERE I WILL ALSO BE POSTING THE SYNOPSIS OF DARYA’S BOOK :D:D

2. Do you want me to put Calming Cortez in the watty’s? ;)

Show me some love by voting or commenting :D

Love you all :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 209 22
"Can you shift?" His voice was notably softer. I was grateful for it. As best as I could, I shook my head. The lingering dizziness rang through my he...
17.8M 523K 50
"I don't want you to mark me" I said quickly. "Why?" he asked me, his tone seemed calm but i knew he was far from it. "I have a commitment towards my...
444K 14.5K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
23.3M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...