The Voices in Her Head (No. 8)

By TheQuietHufflepuff

You know Numbers One through Seven. But what about Number Eight? On October 1, 1996, an eerily similar phen... More

Playlist
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
Katrine's Aesthetic
Number Eight Discovers Her Powers
Eight Becomes Katrine
Becoming a Deputy
Asking Her Out
The Proposal
Never Coming Home
Little Fluff
Diary Entries
Sibling Aesthetics, Songs, and Quotes
Book 2
Bonus Chapter

XV

4.5K 127 17
By TheQuietHufflepuff

The siblings arrived at the Icarus Theatre. Luther stood in front of them, ready to go in and stop Vanya. However, he was stopped by Allison and her notepad.

Katrine and I should go alone. Vanya will listen to us.

Katrine nodded, knowing Allison was right. The boys were too invested in stopping Vanya whereas the girls wanted to save her. Katrine knew Allison and Vanya's relationship was rocky at best, but she hoped that if Vanya saw that Allison forgave her, it might calm her down.

Luther, naturally, was opposed to the idea. "Allison, I can't let either of you do that, alright? She's beyond reasoning."

Katrine shook her head. "No, I don't think so. I think we can still get through to her with the power of words."

Diego lifted his head slightly. "You hear the music? It's started."

Luther looked at Allison. "Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

Katrine shot him a look. "Like it or not, this is our best option. You are not to go in there until we've had a chance to talk to Vanya."

Luther frowned at her. "You mean take control of her mind."

"Not unless I absolutely have to. I'm going to try talking to her first."

Klaus let out an impatient groan. "Guys, we don't have time for this."

Luther looked at his sisters and nodded. "Okay."

Katrine smiled tightly before running inside, Allison right behind her. Klaus was playing lookout, which Katrine knew wasn't the smartest idea.

The two of them entered the theatre itself and saw Vanya on stage. Even though she was glowing white, Katrine knew her sister was in her element.

Allison was looking at Vanya in complete awe. Katrine remembered the years she'd spent with Vanya discussing music and trying to play along with her big sister.

Vanya looked out across the crowd and saw her sisters and smiled. Katrine's hands were clasped and she was swaying to the music.

She started her solo and Katrine's hand started moving along to the music. Even though classical wasn't Katrine's favorite, the two had spent hours sharing music until both found something they liked. Katrine particularly loved the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky.

Allison and Katrine were enjoying the performance so much that they didn't see Luther and Diego run across the stage until a bright white energy knocked them back.

The crowd instantly fell into a panic and started screaming. They jumped up from their seats and started rushing out of the theatre. Katrine immediately helped usher them out. She noticed that the orchestra tried to escape, but Vanya flicked her bow. Another wave of energy flew over them and they immediately sat back down.

Vanya had moved to the center of the stage and she was still playing. Her white aura had changed to blue. She sent out another wave of energy towards her sisters, though she didn't mean to. It was her brothers she was angry at. Allison had moved closer to Luther and Diego.

Katrine hid behind the rows across from them and pulled out her gun. She wasn't going to use it on her sister, but as a distraction.

Yet another wave of blue energy shot across the auditorium and Katrine frowned. Vanya was out of control, and they needed to end this.

Luther glanced at Katrine. "The violin. It's her lightning rod."

"Gee. For someone who's so big, you don't have a lot of brains." Katrine retorted. "That much is obvious. I'm working out how to stop her without hurting her."

The orchestra finally ran out. Katrine glanced to the door and saw the masked men from the bowling alley. "Oh, just perfect." Meanwhile, Vanya continued to play.

Five spatial jumped behind Katrine, causing her to jump. "Sorry. What's with all the lollygagging?"

Luther called for Five to get down, and Katrine pulled him down. Five covered his head.

Katrine frowned as she analyzed the situation. "We seriously need a plan; and the gunfire and frantic violin playing isn't helping."

Luther shrugged. "Klaus is lookout. He'll let us know if anyone's coming."

"People are already coming! Those masked figures from earlier are shooting at us. And Klaus as lookout? That's a smart idea."

Luther turned to see their brother. "Five...what the, I thought you bailed on us."

Five glanced at him and shrugged. "I had an errand to run."

"Do you know these guys?" Diego asked.

"Yeah, I do."

"And?"

Five glanced between his siblings. "We're screwed."

Katrine frowned. "Awesome. Okay, well, we need to do something. We're running out of time, and sitting here isn't helping."

Five nodded and turned to her. "I couldn't agree more. I could use your help."

Katrine nodded and raised her gun. She started shooting at the masked figures. Five did so as well, spatial jumping between them and stabbing the masked men.

Klaus rushed into the auditorium to warn his siblings of Cha-Cha's appearance. He heard quiet footsteps behind him and saw a gun pointed at him. Katrine noticed and glared. She waved her hand causing the gun to drop and shot the man with her own gun.

Katrine walked up to him and roughly pushed him behind a row of chairs. "Stay there."

"Kat, I can help."

She met his eyes and said silently, "Stay there."

Klaus nodded, feeling compelled to stay where she'd pushed him. Meanwhile, Five was still taking out their attackers with his spatial jumps and knives.

Klaus glanced at Ben who said, "We need to do something. There's too many for them to handle. Katrine and Five can't handle this on their own."

He nodded. "I agree. What did you have in mind?"

Ben smiled at his brother as he stood up. Klaus's fists begin glowing a bright blue, darker than the blue Vanya was radiating. Ben felt himself becoming more real to the world, and the thought both excited him and scared him. Klaus looked down at himself to see the blue haze and his eyes widened as he wondered what was happening.

His eyes widened even more when he saw that it was Ben who was glowing blue. Ben lifted his shirt and let his tentacles free. They shot towards the masked men and killed them swiftly and rather efficiently.

Katrine gave a sharp nod. "Now that these bastards are dead, how are we going to save Vanya?"

Luther made his way to his siblings. "We surround her. Alright? We come at her from all angles."

Klaus frowned. "So it's a suicide mission."

Five shrugged. "Yeah, but one of us could get through. It's the only chance we've got."

Katrine wiped something off of her pants as she said, "I'm your best option. Allison can't talk, and you idiots will screw things up even more."

The siblings nodded, knowing Katrine was their best bet. Allison had no voice, and Katrine would try to reason with her. Allison squeezed Katrine's hand tightly and let go.

While Katrine took her place behind Vanya, the rest of the siblings cornered her at each possible angle.

Katrine waited patiently for them to tackle Vanya. She mentally told them if they hurt Vanya, she'd hurt them.

As Vanya played, the ceiling began falling apart. Her energy waves rocked the hall and made a task as simple as standing a challenge. Vanya was radiating a bright white aura, making it hard to look at her.

Luther shouted, and the siblings ran towards Vanya. Unfortunately, she noticed, and flicked her bow in one swoop motion. They were hovering in the air connected by a mere thin white string.

Allison and Klaus instantly started to panic while the other boys tried to find a way out.

Katrine stepped out from the shadows and moved in front of Vanya. She watched as her siblings writhed in pain, wincing at their silent cries of pain.

She knew this wasn't her big sister. This was a girl who was hurting, and was lashing out. However, she did know one thing. She had to save Vanya from herself without anyone getting hurt or dying.

Vanya met Katrine's eyes and the younger girl heard her sister's thoughts. 'Katrine, please. I don't want to hurt you.'

Katrine shook her head. "V, don't do this. I get that you're angry. Dad really fucked us up, but you don't have to do this. I love you, Vanya, and I want to help you. I don't want to hurt you or manipulate you into doing what I want you to do. I want this to be your choice."

Vanya studied her sister and gave one last strike of energy. The ceiling dome crumbled to the floor and she fell to the ground unconscious.

Allison immediately ran up to Vanya and rested her sister's head on her knees. She smiled gratefully at Katrine.

Klaus's smile was wide as he said, "That's impressive. I thought you would have had to use your powers."

Katrine shook her head. "It was better this way. She's already angry. I didn't want to make it worse."

Luther let out a relieved sigh. "We did it. We saved the world."

Diego hugged Katrine. "Nice job, Eight. I'm proud of you."

Katrine's attention was drawn to the visible night sky as Klaus caught their attention. "Uh, guys?"

They looked where Klaus was pointing and he continued, "You see that big moon rock coming towards us?"

Sure enough, a large piece of rock, nearly as big as Katrine, was hurling towards them.

"That's not good." Luther said obviously.

Katrine rolled her eyes. "No shit, Sherlock."

Diego's arm wrapped around Katrine's shoulders and he held her tighter. Klaus frowned a moment. "So this is it, huh? So much for saving the world."

Klaus held onto Dave's dog tags while Katrine, who had since taken Diego's hand, gripped Klaus's as well.

Diego said sarcastically, "If only Sir Reginald could see us now. The Umbrella Academy. A total failure."

Luther tried to reassure them. "At least we're together in the end. As a family."

Diego felt a soft squeeze from Katrine's hand. Five glanced at his siblings. "This doesn't have to be the end." They looked to him in confusion. "I think I have a way outta here. But you gotta trust me on this."

The air was filled with disagreements. Even without reading Five's mind, Katrine knew this was their best option for survival. "I trust you, Five. Always have, always will."

Five smiled at her before saying to the rest of his siblings, "Well then, we might as well accept our fate, because in less than a minute, we're gonna be vaporized."

"What's your idea then?" Diego questioned.

"We use my ability to time travel. But this time, I'll take you with me."

"You can do that?"

Five shrugged. "I don't know. I've never done it before."

Diego thought for a moment. Time-traveling with Five or being vaporized. Both were pretty lousy options. "What's the worst that can happen?"

"You're looking at it. A 58-year-old man inside a child's body, so there's that." Five replied sarcastically.

Katrine pursed her lips. "In my honest opinion, it's better to be 13 than dead. Who's with me?"

The siblings nodded. This was their best option. Luther started asking his siblings if they consented and turned to Klaus. "What about Ben?"

Klaus glanced behind him and Ben nodded. "Yeah, he's in."

Katrine smiled. They were finally getting along. Sure they all had their differences and flaws, but in the end, they were family, and that meant something.

Five nodded sharply. "Okay, great. Luther, grab Vanya."

Luther did as he was instructed and held her bridal style. The other siblings formed a circle. Luther frowned. "Wait. Should we be taking her?"

Allison glared at him while Katrine said, "Yes, dipshit. We should. She'll die if we don't."

Luther attempted to justify himself. "I mean, she's the cause of the apocalypse. Isn't that like taking the bomb with us?"

"The apocalypse will always happen." Five answered. "And Vanya will always be the cause, unless we take her with us and fix her."

Katrine shot a smug smile to Luther and he sighed. He'd never admit it, but Five and Katrine were right. They had to save Vanya. He didn't want to leave anyone behind. He noticed a smirk from Katrine and knew that she had read his thoughts.

The siblings grasped each other's hands as they prepared to teleport away. Katrine was holding Diego's hand, as well as Five's. Luther was holding Vanya in his arms while Klaus and Allison held onto his wrists. Allison's other hand was attached to Five's. Ben placed a hand on Klaus's shoulder.

Five stared up at the ceiling as the moon rock skyrocketed towards them. He closed his eyes and focused on what he wanted to do. He was more than a little nervous time traveling with so many people. It was much more complicated than spatial jumping. He'd found that out the hard way. He sighed, whisking away the negative thoughts. It was now or never.

As he concentrated, a blue glow covered the siblings. Katrine noticed that it was remarkably similar to the glow Five used when he spatial jumped. The wind picked up and their hair blew in their faces and in the air. A portal formed inches above them and Katrine instantly remembered the portal Five had fallen out of eight days earlier. That seems so long ago.

"It's working!" Luther cried.

Electricity began to crackle around the siblings and the wind began to roar. Five yelled, "Hold on! It's gonna get messy!"

Katrine ducked her head as she gripped Diego's hand tighter. She frowned at herself when she saw the younger version of herself. She was six again, which was weird. She glanced up at her siblings to see that they were all the younger versions of themselves. Diego glanced at her, seeing little Katrine and smiled at her. He could only imagine the sass, and the language, coming from a 22-year-old in a six-year-old bodied mouth.

The building started to quake. Katrine snuck a glance outside to see flames on either side of the building. Five let out another shout and the siblings disappeared into the blue mass. Seconds later, the theatre erupted into bright orange flames.

[Well, that's all for season one, folks! Thanks for all your support and I hope you enjoyed! Aesthetics and key events in Katrine's past are coming soon!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276 25 11
Yura used to be Eight... Eight Hargreeves. One of the eight children the eccentric billionaire, Reginald Hargreeves, adopted. But she was never part...
12.9K 368 41
"A family is forever" In which where number Five and number Eight have two kids while they are stuck in the apocalypse. Or In which Hope and Aaron Ha...
858 25 11
On the twelfth hour of the first day of October, 1989, 44 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these wom...
48.1K 1K 30
"What the hell happend? How did I got here?" "It is okay number eight, you're save here." Fem!reader On October the first 1989,the 12th hour of the d...