Critical || Luke Hemmings

By fivesaucekisses

Sydney and Luke have a very complicated relationship. They've been friends for years and after working close... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Authors Note
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Extremely Important
Authors Note
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Please Read

Chapter Seven

1K 23 6
By fivesaucekisses

After what seemed like forever, Elizabeth and I finally found a parking spot a few blocks from a starbucks.  We got out and started our walk down the busy sidewalks.  On the ride over I had caught her up on what had been happening in my life for the past ten months.  She had told me all about her last few months in Australia before finally coming back to the states, which she says is the best thing she could have done.

A few feet from the entrance to starbucks I heard my name being called from behind me. Confused I turned around to see a group of girls approaching me.  Elizabeth looked at me just as confused as I was.

“You’re Sydney Anderson right?” one of the girls asked nervously.

“That’s me,” I nodded slightly.  “I’m not trying to be rude but have we met?”

The group of girls let out a few giggles while shaking their heads no.  “You work with 5 Seconds of Summer right?”  That’s what this was about, I should have known.  I nodded slowly.  “Could you please give them this?” the girl handed me a large box full of letters and some candy. 

I took it without hesitation, “Yeah of course, they’re going to love this, thank you so much.” I said smiling while shuffling towards the entrance.

“Wait Sydney,” one of the girls said while pulling on my jacket.  “Is Luke with that girl?” she asked with hurt in her voice.

“I-I don’t really know to be honest.. I’m sorry, I wish I could give you an answer.” I said looking down at the ground. 

“That’s okay, I just wanted to let you know that I ship you with him, not her.”

“You do what now?” Elizabeth said confused, making all of us laugh.

“It means she wants to see them together, you know? Like a couple.  They have a ship name too, it’s Lydney,” one girl said matter-of-factly.

This made me let out one of the first real laughs I’d had in a long time.  If only they knew.  “Lydney is not a ship you should get on." 

“It’s too late,” the girl said grinning at me, making me smile back.

“Before you go, could we get a picture with you please?” another girl asked hopefully.

“Uhm suuure,” I smiled as the girl handed Elizabeth her camera and they grouped around me.  We took a few pictures, a serious one and a funny one for good measure.  After a few more minutes of mindless talking, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

“I know the guys are famous now, but I didn’t realize you had your own following,” Elizabeth said while smirking at me.

“Shut up,” I giggled and set down the box at a free table before going up to order my drink.  “Most of them just use me as a messenger for the boys.” 

“Still, people know you Syd, that’s so cool.” She said clapping her hands before ordering her coffee. 

We sat down at the table and sipped our drinks while discussing every aspect of life possible.  I never realized just how much I missed her until I was with her again.  We were so close, it’s weird how you lose touch with someone but can pick up right where you left off as if no time had passed.

We had finally come to the topic of boys and I had brought up my dilemma with Luke.  “So are you jealous?” she asked curiously.  “I mean I could see why you would be. You’ve been flirting with him from the second you met him three years ago.  I can’t even imagine how much that’s intensified over the years.”  She paused for a moment and looked at me, her eyes getting bigger.  “Have you guys hooked up?” 

I choked on my coffee and shook my head fast.  “No, never.  The most we’ve done is hold hands and cuddle..” I said shyly, blushing some.

“Sydney, oh my god, it’s so obvious you like him.” She squealed grabbing my hands.

“No, I don’t.” I said trying to stand my ground. 

“Oh come off it Syd, I know you well enough to know when you like someone.  What’s stopped you from doing anything?”

I bit my lip staring down at my coffee.  “I guess I just never wanted to lose our friendship, so I never wanted to press it any further.  I was content being the girl he cuddled when he was cold and held hands with during scary movies.. Now I guess I’m getting greedy.. I don’t want someone else to do that for him.” I mumbled ashamed of my own thoughts.

“You need to tell him Syd,” she sighed, squeezing my hands reassuringly.

“I can’t tell him that,” I shook my head. “It’ll ruin everything.  And Emily is so nice and she really likes him, it’s clear.”

“Let me ask you about this Emily,” she paused for a second trying to form her questions.  “How long has she been around?”

“Two weeks now.”

“Okay, how long have you been around?”  She raised her eyebrows looking at me.

“Three years..”

“Now when do you all leave for another state?” She crossed her arms

“Tomorrow night after the show.” I sighed, running my hand through my hair

“Is she coming with you?”

“I don’t know, maybe? I mean she could meet us there, who knows.” I shrugged defeated.

“All I’m saying Sydney is that you deserve what you want in this world.  They’ve been seeing each other for two weeks, do you really think that means more to him than three years of friendship with you?”

“I’d hope not..” I sighed, I knew what she was getting at.

“Then tell him.”

“Fine.”

….

Elizabeth drove us back to the venue a few hours and two cups of coffee later.  I invited her to stay with me for the show so we could hang out longer and so I wouldn’t be alone with Emily for another set by myself again.

We parked her car and headed towards the bus.  It was an hour to show time so the boys should already be in their dressing room right now.  I tugged open the door to the bus, inviting Elizabeth in so I could show her around a little.

I rounded the corner of the stairs, entering the lounge area and froze when I saw Luke and Emily in front of me.  Luke was shirtless and Emily had left plenty of marks on his neck.  My feet couldn’t seem to move as Elizabeth bumped into me, letting out a muffled sound.

Luke pulled away from Emily and quickly grabbed for his shirt.  “Syd, jesus you scared me,” he said throwing his shirt back on while Emily tried to fix her hair back into it’s original position.

“I-I figured you’d be inside..” I stuttered, trying to look away from the hickeys on his neck.

There was silence for a moment before Elizabeth spoke up.  “Well, Sydney, you were going to show me around right?” she nudged me slightly and I nodded, tearing my eyes away from the two of them.

“I should probably head inside,” Luke mumbled, grabbing Emily’s hand.

“It was good seeing you Sydney,” she smiled awkwardly at me.  I tried to force back a smile and waved as they exited the bus.

Swallowing hard, I glanced at Elizabeth who was already watching me.  “I can’t tell him anything, Lizzy,” I shook my head back and forth.  “He’s with her.  I can’t do that to him.”  A few tears fell from my eyes before I was able to wipe them away.

“It’s okay,” Elizabeth cooed, pulling me into a tight hug.  “It’s all going to be okay, I promise.”

----------

God damn it Sydney grow a pair.

Also if anyone wants some tunes to listen to while reading, my best friend and co-owner of the blog I run has made a nice playlist that brings out our inner Lydney feels, so feel free to check that out here: http://8tracks.com/papersimone/critical

As always, please comment, I actually love that more than anything, so yeah..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 132 18
Francesca Mae Irwin has always found herself feeling out of place in her older brother's life, and to make matters worse - her brothers best friends...
1.1K 67 10
*Short Story* You have been friends with Michael and Calum forever. You guys gotten closer and closer. Since you've known each other for awhile, Mic...
23.8K 408 22
Bree Edwards and Michael Clifford are best friends, but more. They are friends, with benefits.. Nobody knows about them being more than best friends...
7K 162 16
She's falling for him and afraid to lose him He's falling for her and he can't lose her. Everybody just have secrets sometimes.