subside. // haylor au

By SwiftandShums

in which curiosity led to one thing and love led to another. // alternate universe // [lower case intended] ... More

subside. // haylor au
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six + thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty / end.

eleven

2.9K 157 23
By SwiftandShums

"Abi!" I call her as the curly hair red-head turns around to face me. Today, I've called Abigail, my good, old, high school friend for a nice little lunch, just for the sake of reunion.

"Taylor!" She replies and comes rushing down the street to hug me. I hug her back and we continue to proceed our way to the restaurant that we previously agreed on earlier.

After ordering some new menus that we haven't tried before, I decided to spark up a conversation before it got boring, despite our close relationship, just having lunch can be a bore.

"So, how's Peter?" I ask.

"Uh- we broke up, kinda," She replies awkwardly and my jaw drops. They've been together for more than two years and I don't think I'm able to see Abigail with somebody else.

"What?" 

"Yeah, it was over the phone, he was a jerk anyways," She shakes her head, probably signalling that she didn't want to proceed deeper into the topic.

"What about you? Anything interesting?" She asks and that question makes me think hard. 

"Well, in terms of interesting and completely intriguing, there's this guy that recently moved in the Acacia penthouse - next to mine, and he's just plain interesting," I blurt out and she gives me a weird look, a questioning expression.

"Something tells me that you're getting it," She smirks, digging her fork into the salad and dipping it into sauce.

"Getting what?" I question, chewing on my food.

"Getting the idea," She explains, her explanation nowhere near clear, stopping to swallow the food before continuing, "You never got it before, but judging by the looks of it, I'm pretty sure you know what it feels like, I don't know how to explain this, but you just gotta feel it yourself you know, it's one of those things where a specific definition won't be able to define it exactly. I mean, yeah, well, you can go look it up in the dictionary, but let me tell you, the words written to define it will not get even close to the feeling itself. It's a powerful thing and it's rare - well in your case anyways, to feel it. I'm not sure, but being your close friend and all, I'm pretty sure." She grins and continues eating her food.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? What feeling?" I inquire, completely confused by what she's saying. I've never been so confused with her words before. 

"I prefer you figure it out yourself because you're gonna flip if I say it,"

This drives me even crazier and it creeps me out, to say the least. But I didn't ask further questions, she knows me more than my parents do and I trust her enough to believe in what she's saying, whether it's positive or negative, I'm willing to figure it out.

After countless minutes of finishing the meal to just sitting and talking about random things and experiences. My phone starts ringing and it surprises me quite a lot due to the fact that no one's really contacted me and that, but I quickly dug my hands into my pocket to get my phone. I hurriedly stood up and excused myself out of the restaurant.

I peered down at my phone which is still ringing annoyingly. The name shows the an unknown caller and my eyebrows furrow at the name. I contemplate on answering, but my fingers move faster than my instincts.

"H-Hello?" I stammer.

"Well, well, well, Taylor Swift, correct?" A deep voice greets through the other side of the dial.

"Um- yeah," I answer, gulping air into my dry throat.

"Let's get straight to the point, we need the money, give it to us and that ends it," He demands and I feel a bubble of anger and curiosity fuel into my emotions.

"What if I don't?" My stubbornness takes over.

"We'll kill," He says harshly, judging by the sound, through gritted teeth.

I seem taking back by this sentence. I'm completely alright with reasonable elimination of human beings, I mean, it's logical to demolish the people who can't think straight, they've gone mad and there's nothing to do about it. But it's completely wrong to kill people who isn't even involved, some might think it's alright, satisfying their mental minds and that, but I genuinely don't believe in that.

"Wait what?" My heart beat picks up its pace.

"I'm pretty sure you heard us the first time, Ms. Swift, we'll be expecting the money by six," He whispers and I feel the goosebumps rising on my skin. "Good day," He says and with that, he hangs up, leaving me in that awkward position that consists of my hands freezing position. I pressed the phone to my ear but there wasn't anyone behind the dial, yet I didn't bring it down. I didn't dare believe anything 'he' said, nevertheless, I didn't even know who the hell he is. Why does he want my money? What business do I have to do with this and why am I abruptly involved? Without doubt though, I assume that the man behind the dial is indeed associated with the two men that kidnapped me.

I think for a while, standing still as a statue. Processing what happened one by one and with those seconds that I've spent, I've come to the conclusion that I refuse to give the money. That guy has no right to take away someones life and it is considered illegal, therefore I will not allow myself to give in this easily, unless this guy has given me evidence that he is supposedly a threat that can harm, not only me but my surroundings.

"Who was that and why the heck did that take so long?" Abigail questions when I come back and by the looks of it, she can read my concerned expression, but she doesn't comment on that.

"It was.. a friend, no one in particular," I make up the lie quickly, it'd be best not to tell her, I didn't want anyone getting hurt after all if that guy was being serious. With that, she seems to buy it and quickly turns her attention back to her phone.

After spending forty minutes chatting, I suggested that I was tired and I should return home, her expression was confused and I feel guilty, but being outside is making me anxious and knowing that someone is targeting me makes me feel so insecure and unprotected. 

I return to my penthouse and look at the time - five forty six. The words repeat in my mind "we'll be expecting the money by six". I bite on my nails throughout the whole walking process to my flat.

It's empty, my footsteps send loud echoes throughout the hall and I fiddle with getting the keys out of my pocket. Before I can get in my flat, I jump at Harry's presence. 

"Oh god!" I squeal and I drop my keys, but he doesn't smile and his appearance doesn't look well at all. His normal red cheeks were porcelain pale and he had shades of dark under his eyelids, telling me that he lacks sleep. His fingers move to my hand and it caught me by surprise, I almost pull out of his grip, but I pull myself together and managed well.

"Listen, from now on, when you go out, be careful, alright?" He says, using his other hand to slick his hair back and this is when the fear caught up to me.

"What- what are you talki-talking about?" I stutter on my words.

"Just be ca-" He starts to say but my phone starts ringing, cutting him off immediately and he drops my hand awkwardly.

I look at the caller ID and see that it's Abigail. I calm down before answering but I don't hear her voice, I hear mayhem and chaos and the sounds of sirens and a woman's voice that is nowhere near Abi's.

"Is this is Taylor, Abigail Anderson's friend?" The woman speaks.

"Yes," I answer, my heart rate beats erratically and my breaths hitched. What the hell is going on?

"Well, I need you to calm down, alright," She says again and I feel the color drowning from my face as my heart drops and my stomach does an unexpected jolting turn.

"..Okay." I gulp, trying my best to calm down and slow my breathing pace.

"Ms. Abigail Anderson is currently on her way to the emergency room in the City Hospital, it seems that there has been a case and she's been severely stabbed on her waist, we might-" She starts explaining, but with only that first few words, I hang up and ran as fast as I can to the stairs.

(I PROMISE I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ABIGAIL I JUST HAD TO FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY I PROMISE YOU I LOVE ABIGAIL LAUREN ANDERSON OK PLEASE DONT HATE ME

ps: please leave thoughts because i'd love to hear your guesses and everything :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 1.7K 33
Two depressed teens, Harry and Taylor, find each other on a suicide support website and make a pact to be suicide partners. Eighteen -year-old physic...
22.4K 550 71
where two normal people fall in love, but one gets famous. they meet again, years later. everything has changed, but one thing is the same.
13.3K 628 33
During harry's childhood, he was a good friend of Taylor swift .They are best friends.Music is their passions .Every day,they would meet at the tree...
3M 74.9K 97
"And your eyes... irresistible." Starting your life over is hard enough on your own. But what happens when the world is suddenly watching when you be...