Eyeliner and cigarettes

By Savera13

I survived, I lived through it all and each time I reminisced, I believed in a start for myself. But the shad... More

A little guide
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

16 3 1
By Savera13

   I had spilled everything and after a very long time, my shoulders felt lighter. Arthur had always been a good listener, throughout the time, he listened silently. The only times I ever  received an indication of active listening was, when his jaw clenched and fists tightened, each time that happened, he would breathe to try and calm his anger.

"Why didn't you ever tell me, Eve?" He questioned, frustrated.

"I was afraid. I didn't want to lose any of you." I muttered silently.

"I was right there, right there. I could've stopped it. I could've done something, anything to help. Eve, I thought the pact was no secrets? Why, why didn't you come to us?" He rambled, his anger shooting up inch by inch. Watching him pace the room.

"Arthur, you know I had no choice. I was scared and alone. I didn't know what to do." Tired by the conversation.

"No. Eve, you cast us aside. You let that bastard take over you like you were an object. The Eve I grew up with was strong and independent. She wouldn't let any good for nothing boy get in the way of her friends and her." He replied.

"You know I was in love. I was stupid and young. How could I have ever known this is what would happen? You don't get to point fingers, Arthur. You liked him too, you never saw the signs too, did you?" Trying to turn the  attention away from me.

"From what it looks like, it was one sided, Eve. Love? That's not love, you were in love with the thought of him. You hardly knew the piece of shit, if this is how he is. Yes, I never saw the signs but I wasn't the one in love." He said spitefully. The blow hitting harder than it should.

"Get out." My voice turning cold, realising what he had said

"Eve, I'm sorry. I didn't realise-"

"I said get out, Arthur." Feeling any emotion left in my body leave.

"I'm so sorry. I was rambling, I didn't know-"

"I SAID GET OUT." I screamed. Hearing a knock on the door, watching dad peek his head in.

"Is everything okay? I heard screaming." Looking between the both of us.

"Nothing. Arthur, here, was just about to leave. Shut the door on your way out." I muttered. Looking away from the both of them.

"I'll wave from the other side, Ms. Squarepants." I heard Arthur say. It had been our thing, as kids, if we ever fought and couldn't make up instantly, our goodbyes would be just what he said.
Hearing the door shut on his way out.

"I'll wave from the other side, Mr. Grim." I whispered after he left. We had given each other these names. The first day he had stepped into kindergarten, he had worn all black, instantly reminding me of the grim reaper, in his explanation he wanted to look like his dad. My name was based on the obsession I had, of the vintage baggy pants. I was being bullied for it when he had stepped in to explain how Spongebob wore square pants and that made him cool, so I was cool too.

Feeling broken down from the day, I pulled out my journal, moving to the page I was looking for.

He strengthens me,
Yet, he weakens me.
He loves me,
Yet, he hurts me.
He fixes my broken pieces,
Yet, he breaks me.
He praises me,
Yet, he criticizes me.
And he apologizes,
He says, it's in his nature,
And each time I forgive him,
I lose a little piece of me.

*flashback*

"Hey, you'll do amazing. You've been preparing for weeks now." Luca whispered tucking my hair behind my ear as we stood in the busy hallway.

"I don't know, maybe I haven't given it enough?" I breathed, my thoughts running at a high speed.

"Hey Eve, you ready?" I turned around to look at my project partner.

"I'll be there in a two, Cato." I smiled at him, watching him salute me and leave.

"You're partners with a guy?" Luca questioned angrily, his nostrils flaring.

"Have you forgotten Cato? He's my friend." I replied politely.

"I don't care who the hell he is, you stay away from him you hear me?" He towers over me, staring down at me, scaring me with his hardened look.

"But he's my friend, Luca." I whisper meekly.

"They're only out to use you, everyone is. Have you forgotten what I told you, Eve?" He taunts, I feel my character breaking, nodding silently, agreeing to his words.

"I'm sorry, you know I'm just looking out for you right?."

"Yeah, I know. It's okay." I sight in defeat.

"Good, you'll do amazing. Don't worry too much." He grins, his mood shifting entirely.

"I have to leave now but I'll see you at the end of the day." Leaving a peck on my cheek, as he walks away, the feel of his lips lingering on my skin and somehow it felt like I was stained.

Pulling myself out of my unconscious form wondering, Why had I been such a fool? What had been going through my head?

"Can I come in?" I looked up to find my elder brother at the door.

"You're half in anyway." I shrugged.

"Really wondering where you got such a smart mouth from." He grins teasingly.

"It's just a gene thing, you know? Maybe that's why you should consider the fact that you were adopted." I grinned even wider watching him scoff.

"Now that, was incredibly rude to someone who has come to your rescue." Marc taunts.

"Rescue? I don't see anyone here though." Pretending to look around the room.

"Oh for goodness sake, I'm getting straight to the point. I heard shouting from the other room and since I'm not dad, I'm going to push and ask what happened until you tell me." He sits down next to me.

"Nothing serious, just a little argument with Arthur." I replied plainly.

"Anything I need to know?" His eyes instantly growing cold, giving me an authoritative look.

"Like I mentioned, nothing serious." I repeated. Well aware, he was ready to bash Luca's head after finding out what had happened, him and I had that relationship. We'd tell each other pretty much everything, until I decided he shouldn't know what was happening only for Marc to walk in on that one night when things truly went down.

"How about this, we put on some Barbie and play tea party?" I say batting my lashes and speaking in a high pitched squeaky voice, receiving the most disgusted look in return.

"Yeah, I think it's time I take my leave." Quickly rushing to the door.

"But I have pwetty pink dresses." I laugh watching him throw me the bird.

I look around my room, feeling the silence and serenity dissolving my raging headache. Gazing at the window, my memory clear as a day about the amount of times he made his way throw that window.

And in another world,
We're laying under the night sky,
Gazing at the stars,
With nothing to combust,
Hopelessly in love,
We're breathing the same air,
Our hearts are one,
We don't fight each other as much.

*flashback*

I put my head down on the desk, exhausted with the never ending essay. The words were too many and now they just seemed like ants. Out of the blue, hearing rain pelting down on the windows, I turned around to see no drops on the window, confused as to where they were coming from or was I hearing things?

I turned back around deciding, I need to get back to this hell before I fall asleep. A minute later, I hear the same pelting, this time much louder and glass breaking. I instantly get up to look out the window, watching Luca grin at me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I whispered-yell.

"Leave it open, I'm coming up." He replied, watching him climb the balconies, hoisting himself up into my room.

"Hi." He grinned cheekily.

"Hi? What are you doing here?" Questioning his odd timing.

"I've come here to apologise for the morning." I look at him, surprised he even remembered.

"It's alright, I guess." I replied, unsure what could have possibly happened if I said something wrong.

"Come on now, let's lay down." He says pulling me towards my bed, instantly getting comfortable as we stare at the ceiling covered in glow stars, from the time I was ten.

"I like this silence, the peace that comes along with the feeling of doing nothing but gazing into anything and everything." I said randomly.

"Eve, don't be a bore. The parties we go to are sick, that's where the fun is." He scoffs, I instantly shut up, not wanting this to lead into another argument.

Wondering, you could be different when it comes to being partners but not enough to not care about the others sanctuary.

———
Hope you enjoyed the new chapter.
Love, Savera x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4.9K 52
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
29.6K 1.4K 31
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
132K 4.8K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
315K 8.4K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.