Renee's River | √

By lolalovessprite

"Does he know your name?" "Nope," I shook my head. "But hey, it was like love at first sight," I said dreamil... More

Aesthetics + Playlist
intro
1. clothe stores & idiots
2. spoilt dinners & résumés
3. logan & doritos
4. layers & creativity
5. new friendships & milkshakes
6. good impressions & cooling rooms
7. names & strange feelings
8. dunkin donuts & complicated science
9. embarrassing moments & frustrations
10. cancelled dates and hangouts
11. smoothies and hot names
12. threats & company
13. stolen ideas & giddy feelings
14. apologies & new developments
15. art galleries & interpretations
16. red velvet & sisters
17. confusions & bail outs
18. short tests & realizations
19. celebrations & first kisses
20. midnight talks and heart breaks
21. tears & second steps
22. spoiled plans & wings
23. promises & distances
24. annoyances and reconsiderations
25. ditched parties and third steps
26. instructions (filler)
27. progress & excitements
28. helpful workers & working plans
29. mom talks & rude girlfriends
30. board posts & unexpected texts
31. reunions & explanations
32. bad lies & clueless best friends
33. innuendos & fast bonds
34. sick days & sweet guys
35. surprises & needed visits
36. models & tics
37. ride backs & deep talks
38. unexpected meetings & bold moves
39. invitations & disappointments
40. more invitations & morning rides
please read
41. last straws & confessions
42. first trials & sugary turnouts
43. birthday parties & more introductions
44. queries & revealed secrets
45. revelations & explanations
46. appearances & sweet evenings
48. wins & rebels
49. forgotten birthdays & proper apologies
50. finished works & more meetings
51. birthdays & surprises
52. celebrations & gratitude
53. spent money & more gifts
54. reconciliations & break ups
55. family dinners & familiarities
56. bad moods & assurances
57. sick boyfriends & naps
58. party plans & busy weeks
59. apologies & dress fittings
60. late nights & little lies
61. unveilings & sweet endings
Renée's River + spin-off
i know you're waiting. i love you❤
Teaching Noah
Tara: A Baker's Adventure

47. banters & games

4.3K 268 45
By lolalovessprite

"I miss you like hell,

I know you'll be back though."

                      - Maggie Lindemann, Friends Go.

"Wait, did you say Ridgeview High?" I sat up on the beanbag.

"Yep," Xavier replied, looking at me as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"That's my school!"

"No way," he laughed

"Hey, but that's cool, though," I mused.

"You think? You won't be saying that when we beat your school's ass." He said, throwing a quick glance at River who walked in through the door, throwing a skittle into his mouth.

"River, can you believe Xavier's game tomorrow is with my school?" I looked at him, a smile on my face.

"How neat is that?" Xavier took the packet of skittles River held in his hand and threw some in his mouth.

"I want some," I gestured to Xavier who handed the pack to me and I smiled in content.

"So, the game is in your school?" River asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Mhm," I nodded and he walked to the beanbag where I sat, sitting right beside me and throwing an arm around me, pulling me close.

We were in a large room, a place where River did all his paintings and Xavier sat in front of me and River, painting something so abstract but beautiful.

"Xavier, why haven't you dropped out of school yet?" I asked, watching him.

River chuckled and I felt the vibration from his chest, "His parents would kill him."

Xavier looked at me, "Exactly. Plus, I'm actually more into football than art. Unlike me, art is fully River's thing."

"You know, now that I know the game is in my school, I'm looking forward to the game even more," I grinned evilly.

"The only thing I can tell you is, get ready for some serious ass whooping," Xavier said, focused on what he was painting.

"Ha, reminds me of last week when you were so confident about beating me in Madden."

River burst out laughing, "Epic stuff, but that was the school I attended, so I'm on Xavier's team this time."

"Well, that's understandable. But I have faith in my school," I stated.

"We'll see," Xavier smirked before looking at River seriously, "Dude, you promised to do this painting with me."

River took out a skittle from the packet I held, nodding to Xavier, "You're doing a good job, though."

"Yeah, you're only saying that because you're preoccupied," he placed emphasis on the last word.

I chuckled, while River told him, "Go get yourself a girlfriend."

Girlfriend. The word made me get those butterfly-in-my-stomach feelings. It was already a week since River asked me to be his girlfriend and so far, I was loving it. When I had told Tanner about it, he'd gone teasing me, calling me River on the pretext of not knowing my name for about three days straights. I always rolled my eyes at him, but deep down, I liked it. By the time I got out of my thoughts, both guys were talking about a girl named Tiffany.

"Who's Tiffany?" I queried.

"This girl Xavier dated for four days," River answered, laughing, his eyes closed as he threw his head back.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Four days? What happened?"

"Xavier claims she was too clingy," River's laughter reduced to chuckles.

"Come on, don't say it like that, man. You know she really was clingy," Xavier rolled his eyes.

River threw a skittle into his mouth, "She actually was. She could call Xavier like seven times a day, and she never really let Xavier hang out with his friends."

"I just couldn't deal, bro," Xavier shook his head.

I couldn't imagine being so clingy to River. I knew that of course, River needed his own space. "Well, that sucks, because I bet you really liked her and probably didn't intend on letting her go."

"Tell me about it," Xavier rolled his eyes. "I just had to. I really hadn't felt so pressured and choked in my whole life."

After a few more hours of talks and banters, I had to leave even if I didn't want to, because honestly, with the company of Xavier and River, you wouldn't want to leave.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you home?" River looked at me.

"Yep," I nodded.

"Alright, text me when you get home?" He pulled me in for a kiss.

"Please, go away with your stuff," Xavier groaned.

*

Dinner with Tanner was very silent, and somehow, I could just tell there was something on his mind.

"Are you okay?" I looked at him.

"Yeah," he nodded, pushing his spoon of food into his mouth, but shortly, he dropped it and closed his eyes before opening them, "I want to see her, Renée."

"Who? Zee?"

He swallowed, nodding.

I felt my face light up in a smile, "Really?"

"Yeah. I want to see her... I need to see her."

"Tanner, that's amazing. I'll give you her phone number and address," I said excitedly and he ran his fingers through hair, nodding.

"I'm not promising that we'll get back together," he cleared his throat, "But, I have to speak to her and apologize properly."

I nodded, grinning. "That's like the first step, right?"

"Yeah," he had a small smile on his face.

I excitedly went back to eating my food, "So, I'm going to a game tomorrow."

"Basketball? Is Kaleb playing?"

"No," I shook my head. "It's a football game. Xavier has a game. It's his school against mine and I'll be going with River."

"Of course," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Stop," I chuckled.

"What's up with Kaleb, though?"

"We aren't speaking anymore," I answered.

"No way," he rolled his eyes and I shrugged.

"Oh come on, don't act like you don't miss him."

"Of course I do," I said. "Kaleb's been my best friend for years, but what can I do? It's not like he's making any effort to speak to me."

"Are you making any effort to speak to him?"

"I made effort. I tried."

"I'm sorry about it."

"It's okay," I forced a smile. "It's not your fault, besides, I'm sure things will fall back into place eventually. You just focus on speaking to Zee," I had a full smile on my face now.

"How's she?" His eyes were soft. "Has she changed?"

"You'll be surprised."

*

The stares were back again, and they were at River, who was busy saying something while pushing loads of popcorn into his mouth.

Saturday evening and the school's football field was still empty as the players hadn't come in. The bleachers, though, were filled with so many people and I started wondering if me and River would get a place to sit. I felt my forehead crease as I scouted for empty seats.

"Did you hear anything I said, Renée?" I heard River say and I let out a breath, "I'm sorry. I zoned out."

His arm rested around my shoulder, "What's on your mind?" He asked.

"The place is so full, I don't know if we would get a place to sit," I said, my eyes still roaming the bleachers.

"I'm pretty sure we will," he looked around and pointed to some seats, "There. Those seats are empty."

"How did you see them? I've been looking for over a minute now," I said and as we walked to the seats, River stated, "Who makes these? They're so good."

"The popcorn?" I dipped my hand into the paper bag, shoving some of the popcorn into my mouth.

"Good, right?" River watched me.

I nodded, "I need to get more."

"Can you get the big one? Like the extra big one. We'll share," he grinned.

"Dork," I said. "I'll be right back."

Right before making my way to the popcorn stand, I decided to go to the bathroom to pee. Pushing the door open, I sighted... Jace?—

I smiled to myself. Jace and Harper.

I quietly walked into the bathroom and did my stuff. I was walking out when I heard the girl chuckle.

Wait. That wasn't Harper.

In shock, I walked to the popcorn stand. I mean, I really shouldn't be shocked, but maybe I had a little hope for my friend. Jace was a jerk, and somehow I would have to find a way to tell Harper that. I grabbed a large tub of Popcorn with two drinks and turned to leave when I ran into Kaleb.

"Rae..." His eyes were soft.

Jeez, I'd missed this doofus so much, if not, I would have walked away. I wanted to talk to him so bad, and I knew he knew that, because I knew he wanted to wanted to talk too.

"Rae, can—" He started.

"Hey babe," Sydney came from behind him, hugging him and giving me a smug smile, and with that, I walked away, but not before hearing her tell Kaleb that she would see him later that night.

Right, so she just wanted to make an appearance while I was there. Not childish at all.

"Hey, what took you so long?" River asked when I got to him.

"I had to use the bathroom," I told him, handing him his drink.

"I saw the girl who came to me at the store. I wanted to show her to you."

"No way. I wonder which of the schools she attends and—"

"There she is, look," I followed his gaze and my eyes widened.

Those were Sydney's minions walking side by side. "Is it the one on the right or left?"

"No, the one behind, walking up to them."

My eyes widened.

Sydney?

*

Authors Note

Who saw that one coming?

What was your favourite part of the chapter?

Let me know what you think!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
273K 9.6K 48
#1 IN COMEDY-ROMANCE As soon as the door clicked, he removed his shoes and threw me on to the bed. Getting above me on all fours, he eyed me playfull...
497K 12.4K 36
'Needs a lot of editing' We break the kiss hurriedly and look in the door's direction to see Andrea. "Oh my god, sorry. I didn't know you were eating...
207 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...