THE GOLDEN QUARTET ━━━ percy...

Por ryleeoverhere

❝Uh, mom, why are Gandalf and company lounging in our living room?❞ Percy Jackson is about as normal as it ge... Más

harry learns something (edited)
annabeth is curious (edited)
hey gandalf, what's up? (edited)
there goes mrs. black again (edited)
toddler geniuses (edited)
diagonally (edited)
wand time (edited)
brain of a minotaur (edited)
come on aquaman (edited)
i saw some cheerleaders (edited)
the sorting song (edited)
a whole bunch of waffle (edited)
pink polka dots (edited)
ANNOUCEMENT

ten drachmas (edited)

13.3K 306 264
Por ryleeoverhere

hey guys happy halloween, this is editing me with our october update because let's be honest one update per a month is usually the best my procrastinating self can do :)

**okay this me from the future realizing that halloween was like two weeks ago... sorry?

*** future future me back from break, realizing this is more of a christmas update... very sorry?

anywho, as always i do not own percy jackson or harry potter (shocking i know) so let us move on with the story!

also feel free to give me a follow, only of course if you want to, but you know if you want to know when to expect these updates...

HARRY

Harry was somewhat impressed. Which is quite interesting, seeing as it is the one and only Percy Jackson, who impressed him. After all, Harry, while not baselessly hating him, was still quite wary about the grandson of Voldemort. You know, because he's the grandson of Voldemort? Anyway, as Harry was saying, it's not every day you see someone stand up to a Hogwarts professor, or get complimented by Snape. And Percy managed to do both in his first two classes. As he said, impressed.

Harry is about to communicate these thoughts to Hermione, along with a rant about how Umbridge really wanted to pretend Voldemort wasn't back. But instead, he's greeted by a clearly angry Professor McGonagall.

Whoops.

"Mr. Potter, please follow me," states, staring Harry down.

Well, then.

Harry tries to communicate with Ron through glances, but the red-headed boy simply chuckles, "Tough luck, Harry."

Harry sighs, and follows McGonagall down the corridor into her office. He purposefully stays standing, though there's a wooden chair right in front of him.

"Well?" said Professor McGonagall, rounding on him. "Is it true?"

"Is what true?" Harry asked, rather more aggressively than he had intended. "Professor?" he added, in an attempt to sound more polite.

"Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"

"Yes-"

"You called her a liar?"

"Well, yes-"

"You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?"

"Yes."

Professor McGonagall sat down behind her desk, frowning at Harry. Then she said, "Have a biscuit Mr. Potter."

"Have- what?"

"Have a biscuit," she repeated impatiently, indicating at a tin lying on top of one of the piles on her desk. "And sit down."

Harry stuffed a ginger biscuit in his mouth, and dragged the wooden chair across the stone floor, taking a seat.

"Potter, you need to be careful."

Harry swallowed a bit of biscuit and looked back at McGonagall. Her voice, which was usually crisp and stern, was now low and anxious.

"Misbehaviour in Dolores Umbridge's class could cost you much more than house points and a detention."

"What do you--?"

"Potter, use your common sense,' snapped Professor McGonagall, with an abrupt return to her usual manner. 'You know where she comes from, you must know to whom she is reporting."

The bell rang signally the start of the next lesson.

"It says here she's given you detention every evening this week, starting tomorrow," Professor McGonagall said, looking down at Umbridge's note again.

"Every evening this week!' Harry repeated, horrified. 'But, Professor, couldn't you--?"

"No, I couldn't," said Professor McGonagall flatly.

"But-"

"She is your teacher and has every right to give you detention. You will go to her room at five o'clock tomorrow for the first one. Just remember: tread carefully around Dolores Umbridge."

"But I was telling the truth!' said Harry, outraged. 'Voldemort is back, you know he is; Professor Dumbledore knows he is-"

"For heaven's sake, Potter!" said Professor McGonagall, straightening her glasses angrily (she had winced horribly when he had used Voldemort's name). "Do you really think this is about truth or lies? It's about keeping your head down and your temper under control!"

She stood up, nostrils wide and mouth very thin, and Harry stood up, too.

"Have another biscuit," she said irritably, thrusting the tin at him.

"No, thanks," said Harry coldly.

"Don't be ridiculous," she snapped.

He took one.

"Thanks," he said grudgingly.

"Didn't you listen to Dolores Umbridge's speech at the start-of-term feast, Potter?"

"Yeah," said Harry. "Yeah ... she said ... progress will be prohibited or ... well, it meant that ... that the Ministry of Magic is trying to interfere at Hogwarts."

Professor McGonagall eyed him closely for a moment, then sniffed, walked around her desk and held open the door for him.

"Well, I'm glad you listen to Hermione Granger at any rate," she said, pointing him out of her office.

Harry sighs, and walks out of the room, heading up to the North Tower.

Great, detention.

For the entire week.

Wonderful.

Harry takes his time walking, attempting to miss as much of the class as humanly possible before he finally reaches. He sees Percy seated at a table with a gloomy-looking Ron and heads that way.

"Ah, Harry Potter."

Harry mumbles about punching a wall if Trelawney predicts his death again, and takes a seat next to Ron.

"Huh?" Percy asks.

Ron snickers, as Harry says "Trelawney has been predicting my death since third year. Sadly for her, I'm still alive."

"Today we will be studying the art of crystal gazing," Trelawney remarks, as Harry takes notice of glass spheres in the middle of each table.

Harry eyes Ron, as Percy shrugs and heads over to Dean Thomas.

Once Harry predicts that Ron will get eaten by a giant marshmallow, and Ron says that Harry is attacked by a flock of ravens in his future, the two take note of Trelawney who's stopped by Percy's table.

"Why, yes," she states, "you my child, will suffer death by the hands of water."

Well, on the plus side, at least Harry isn't this year's death prediction.

Percy oddly enough starts laughing, even when he catches a glimpse of Lavender's horrified face.

As the class is dismissed, Harry waits by his table for Percy, to walk up.

"So what was that about?" he questions.

"What was what about?" says Percy, following Harry on their way to Charms.

"Trelawney predicted your death, and you just laughed. Granted, the whole thing is a joke, but still, a bit of an unusual reaction if you ask me."

Percy grins, "Oh that was nothing. It's just, in the mor-Muggle world, I was a bit of a swimmer."

Harry could tell that Percy was being modest, but he let it go.

Percy was the kind of guy who could be an Olympic swimmer, but wouldn't claim to win a high school championship. 

Harry honestly wondered why he wasn't in Hufflepuff sometimes.

PERCY

Percy was confused. Which, if he was, to be honest happened far more often than he would admit to. But that was a conversation for another time. What was going through his mind at the moment, was Professor Trewlany's prediction. It's clear from most people's attitude to the class that anything that comes from "gazing at crystal balls'" isn't remotely factual. Still, how was Trewlany's prediction, so perfectly wrong? Rachel had talked to him about something of the sort once, that getting straight C's for years is technically speaking harder than getting A's, simply because you have to know all the right answers to know how many to get wrong. Annabeth would have explained it better, but there's got to be something there.

Maybe Trewlany was able to "see" his connection to water, but wasn't able to understand how?

At this point, Percy had one option and seeing as he was a model student, he's only using it as a last resort.

Who is he kidding, he just wants to skip class.

"Hey, Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"You head to class, I'll meet you there?"

Harry shrugs and heads towards the Charms room.

Percy smiled, now if he was lucky and no one chose this period to skip class and make out in his dorm, he could use the bathroom to IM Camp Half-Blood.

He spins on his heel, quickly heading to the Gryffindor Tower, the only place in the castle whose location he's managed to remember.

To be fair, his ADHD would definitely not allow him to study a map if he wanted to.

Crap, he's going to have to study a map of the castle in case they need to evacuate, isn't he?

He shouldn't have jinxed it.

Ah, well, the studying of the school's map is going to have to be a job for another day, seeing as at the moment Percy was a man on the mission. 

Okay, Percy was a very dramatic man on a mission.

Surprisingly enough, the common room remained quite empty, which Percy considered quite unexpected. A whole group of kids, known for making trouble, and not one of them bailed out on class? Ah well, all the better for Percy in all honesty. Still, he walks up the stairs and into his dorm, pulling open the door to the bathroom. He turns on the sink and manages to better water on the majority of the floor before he finally sees a silver of a rainbow.

Taking advantage of the opportunity, he throws in a golden drachma, saying, "Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, accept my offering and show me Chiron at Camp Half-Blood."

The water is blank for a moment, but then an image of Chiron, in his wheelchair form, playing pinochle with Mr. D appears.

"Oh, Percy my boy, how are you?"

"Hey Chiron, pretty good."

"Well, I noticed the change of scenery."

"What, where?" Percy asks before coming to the realization, "Oh yeah, made it to school."

"Percy?"

"Yes?"

"Are you skipping class?"

"What? No," Percy fires off quickly. Chiron gives Percy a look and he sighs, "Fine, I am, but this is important."

"Alright."

"So basically, the last class I had was Divination, which was to do with prophecies and stuff, anyway, the teacher lady said I would die by drowning, and after the Giant War, well I'm wondering if there's any truth to it."

In honestly, Percy really didn't like to talk about his fear of drowning, seeing, all in all, it was embarrassing and quite stupid. He doesn't really like being helpless, and freezing up in the middle of a fight would most definitely render him so.

Chiron takes a pause and then answers, "It's likely that this woman, most likely saw your connection to water, maybe even your fear, Percy, but it's quite unlikely that you will actually die." 

"Unlikely," Percy repeats, "unlikely, but possible?"

Chiron shakes his head, "Unlikely, Percy, you know how vague prophecies can be."

Percy nods his head, but the plague of doubt still rests in the back of his mind. Finally, he responds, "Alright then, I'll try and see what I can find out about prophecies in the wizard world. Meanwhile, though, if Annabeth's awake, can I say hi?"

"Of course child, she most likely just finished her archery class."

Percy nods, as Chiron gets out of his wheelchair and gallops away, inwardly groaning at the idea of archery.

Annabeth walks into the room, orange Camp Half-Blood shirt dark with sweat, her blonde curls pulled into a ponytail, pieces of hair falling out, and a pair of denim shorts. Basically, she's perfect.

She whips her head around, a smile appearing on her face, and when she attempts to flatten her hair and says "Hey, Seaweed," Percy can't help the grin on his face.

"Hey, Wisegirl."

She looks at him with that analytical glint in her eyes, and finally says, "I miss you."

Percy smirks, "You say that now, but I know I missed you more."

He meets her eyes, and two start laughing at the same moment.

Ten drachmas, and forty minutes later, Percy leaves the room with a skip in his step and a permanent smile on his face.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

they're so cute it hurts my soul

skdjdkskdjskjs i really can't with their cuteness

okay, okay, i've calmed down now, so thank you all so much for reading this chapter! i know my break lasted a while, and a few of you have been wondering where i am and if this story will even be continued. well, i'm here, and yes yes yes, this story is being continued.

also, thank you amazing wonderful people for 90k reads! i have no idea how we got there, but i'm infinitely thankful that it happened.

and of course, word count: 2081! love you all, and see you in a bit :) 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

476K 8K 30
Along with the help of his friends, Percy Jackson saved Olympus and the world from the earth goddess, Gaea. However, instead of being welcomed to the...
38.1K 815 25
Percy Jackson is not even eighteen yet and has already gone through two wars, the second of which war took a massive toll on the boy as he lost the 6...
1.6M 43.8K 37
"You can't seriously expect us to go to a school for magic!" "You want us to what?" ~~~~~ Dumbledore sends out a distress call to the demigods. Volde...