Thinking Out Loud || #Wattys2...

Av kehlanixkordei

Camila is Miami Highs girls soccer team assistant. She's made fun of for no reason. But has the biggest crush... Mer

1: Washing Uniforms
3: Texting buddies
4: Hanging Out and Hooking Up
5: Rave Lights and Fight Nights
6: Paris
7: Making up and out
8: Smelling Revenge
9: My Everything
10: 1st Place
11: Problems
12: Conflicted
13: Homecoming
14: Daddy Divorce
15: Going All Out
16: Planning
17: The Big Day
18: Getting Caught
19: Loosing Myself
20: Trying to Reason
21:Last Games
22: Fix a heart
23: Good News and Bad News
24: Slow Recovery
25: Going Home
26: I Hate ThanksGiving
27: Keeping a Secret (Not)
28: Results
29: Planning a Party
30: Emergency
31: Anger Managment.
32: A new Chapter
33: The Start of Something New
34: Lost it all
35: Over Time
36: First Day
37: Smash Into You
38: It Was Just a Test
39: Letting You In
40: I Know Im Not the Only One
41: Leave Your Lover
42: Picking the perfect one
43: Games Girls and Gems
44: The Last Step
Epilouge

2: Work Outs

35.1K 829 1K
Av kehlanixkordei

The team was huddled in the small weight room as they worked out their leg muscles. Camila sat in the far corner with the coaches clip board drawing and doodling in the margins of the workout page. The team assistant tried to keep her eyes from wandering to Lauren, from time to time she'd glance up to see the soccer start doing leg and arm workouts. She'd get a little hint of jealousy when Normani would walk past Lauren giving her a flirty smile, and the green eyed girl returning one.

"Mila, can you bring me a towel?" Dinah asked standing by the smaller dumbells. The smaller brunette got up grabbing the white towel and jogging it over to her friend.

"Thanks girl." She said taking the cloth and slinging it over her shoulder. The brown eyed girl went to walk away turning into a sweaty body. She backed up and met Alexa's eyes.

"Move!" She spat at her, which caused everyone to look, the soccer play shoulder checked the girl causing her to loose her balance making her fall into a rack of weights. "Maybe you should be doing these leg work outs, they'd help you stay on your own two feet, clumsy ass..." Alexa laughed causing the others to laugh too.

"Thats enough guys!" the husky voice said, "Get back to work. Now!" Lauren said sternly. She looked down at Camila who was near to tears.

"Come on get up." Lauren said holding out her hand helping the girl up. Before Camila could thank her she walked over to the next machine she was going to use for her work outs.

The girl's work out session went on as they moved to the gym for conditioning. Camila sat on the stage in the gym reading away in her book. Not bothering anyone until Coach needed her. Lauren was running them through some drills for foot work. Camila only looked up once the soccer star was talking.

"You see these cones? You start in the middle go around the left cone go around the right then run down figure eight with the ball stop it sprint back. Jog if you have to. Let's go." Lauren said. She ran through the drill and few other ones before practice was over. Camila picked up the cones as coach asked her too. Glancing at Lauren from time to time as she sat on the stage talking to Normani.

The two girls chatted about practice. Lauren glancing at Camila every once in a while.

"So why do you keep being nice to the team maid?" Normani asked the soccer player who was getting her things together.

"Because she's a human. Who has feelings I'm not going to put her down because I feel like it. Hey next time one of you do you're running laps." The green eyes said putting her sneakers into her bag.

"Why? No one fucking care about her so what does it matter."

"You two used to be bestfriends. That's what fucking matters. She's a person. Don't put her down because of what ever happened between you two to make you automatically hate her." The green eyed said looking at her friend.

"Whatever. Hey Cabello you missed a cone..." She called out. The smaller brunette looked up as Normani kicked a ball her direction. For a girl with slow reflexes she moved out the way pretty quickly.

"What the hell Hamilton?!" Their coaches voice echoed through the gym.

"Told you to chill out. Hey Cabello ball..." Lauren called out. The brunette got the ball passing it towards her way.

"Don't do it again!" Lauren shook her head walking out the gym saying bye to everyone on her way out.

+++

"I can't believe Normani did that? That's crazy." Dinah said looking at her soccer captain.

"She's getting annoying. Apparently she found out I gave her a ride to the store a few days ago. So she's mad. She thinks me and her are together when we aren't. We went on one date and she's crazy for me." Lauren said putting her slides on.

"Well sucks because ca-someone else likes you." Dinah said almost letting her friends secret slip.

"That interesting. I mean if Normani lays off being so possessive I'd date her. I mean yeah she's cool and super pretty just her clingy personality is annoying and I can't be with someone like that. I'll talk to her. I mean I'd date her she just needs to chill. Also who likes me? Their name almost slipped anyways." The green eyed looked up at her team mate.

"I can't tell you. They'd kill me if they knew I told you. You'll have to wait and see. But you two together would make a great couple. Just saying." The Polynesian girl said smiling pulling her bag over her shoulder. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"No. You'll see me later. I forgot to tell you about the team party at my place. At seven. So be there." Lauren said smiling. The soccer star kept putting her things away looking up at her locker in the locker rooms. The doors opened and she froze looking around the corner relaxing once she realized it was Camila.

"Hey..." The smaller brunette said softly placing her book back into her bag.

"Hey. You ok from earlier? You seemed hurt. Physically....and you know....emotionally." The green eyed girl said.

"I'm fine. Thanks." Camila said pulling her sweat pants out and slipping into them.

"Oh. I'm throwing a team party tonight. You should come. It starts at seven." Lauren said pulling her bag over her shoulder standing up.

"I'm not really a party person. Besides I don't really want to show my face after what happened today but thanks for the offer. Trust me the party will go better off with out me." Camila said as they walked out the locker rooms.

"Well it's not like a rager its just the team. A small get together but I understand. Sorry about Alexa and Normani by the way." The soccer player said, "see you tomorrow then? Game Day." The green eyed winked and walked off.

+++

Camila was sitting in her room when the door flew open.

"Why'd you turn down Lauren?" Dinah said barging in standing in front of her friend.

"Dinah. I'm not going and you can't make me. So just leave now, please?" The brunette said pushing her glasses up on her head and setting her book aside.

"It's a small get together with the team. Alexa won't be there because she's grounded for today. All you have to do is deal with Normani. The Guzman sisters are your friends too but they won't be there because they can't stay out that late. Half the other people on the team won't bother you because they don't care to bother you. Come on. Lauren fucking invited you. The love of your life. Your woman crush everyday. The girl you're going to get with invited you and you said no....I'm disappointed in you!" Dinah said slapping her friends legs.

"Fine I'll go but if I don't like it I'm leaving. Did you know Lauren lives down the street from us? Well around the corner but still. I'll walk if I hate it." the brunette said.

+++

Alexa: grounded because of cabello

Lauren: you pushed her for no reason. I'm glad you're grounded. You loser.

Alexa: oh BTWS I talked to mani about you two. You need to talk to her tonight. Don't let anything stop you.

Lauren: why? Why am I discussing the relationship we don't have with her?

Alexa: mani really likes you. Come on. Give her another chance.

Lauren: listen the first chance was a date that's it we went on one date before soccer season. It was fun but she's more of a fuck buddy kind of a girl. Idk she's cute and all but I just don't know if me and her would ever work out. She'd get jealous.

Alexa: me and you both know you two actually dated and oh hell yeah she got mad when you drove ugmila to where ever you did. Why the fuck would you?

Lauren: because I'm not crude and she isn't ugly. And me and you both also know she cheated on me with Thomas. Dinah's fucking cousin.

Alexa: it was a mistake and so you think freakbello is cute?

Lauren: no I just said she wasn't ugly. Don't start with me lex. I'll talk to Normani...and it was not a mistake she did it because she was afraid. But No promises we'll work out what ever needs to be worked out. Bye.

Lauren turned her phone on silent pushing it into her back pocket. A few people from the team who said they could come showed up one of them Normani of course.

Dinah and Camila walked into the house being greeted by Lauren.

"Dinah forced you?" She asked looking at the shorter girl who gave a nod in response. She let the two in telling them where snacks and drinks were before disappearing for a few minutes. Camila grabbed a cup and got some punch before sneaking away to somewhere private. She found a spare room in the bigger house opening the door she walked in. Shutting it behind her she flipped on the light and saw all of Lauren's trophies.

"Oh my God." The brunette gaped looking at the shelves and cases filled with metals trophies and certificates. Home coming queen tiaras for the past two years. Incased soccer and soft balls. After gazing at everything she decided this would be the best place to hide away until the end. She sat down on the floor pulling out her phone opening up iBook; and began reading away and getting lost in her book.

As time passed she heard foot steps getting closer to the room. The voice of Lauren getting louder and louder. She hid in a small closet off to the side leaving the door cracked a little watching as Lauren stepped into the room with Normani.

"Ok what?" The green eyed said looking at her fellow teammate.

"Alexa told me that you hate how clingy I am. I'm sorry about that I just get jealous and I'm sorry. Can we please just try to be together again. And can you please stop telling people we went on one date. Me and you both know we actually dated. Unless there is someone else I'll understand but if there isn't then what's the big deal?" Normani asked softly looking at the girl in front of her.

"I don't know Mani. We broke up for a reason and that's because you cheated. That's why I tell people we went on one date. No one knew about us but everyone knew about you and Thomas. I don't think that's fair. You know I'm openly gay to everyone. I don't give a shit about what people think. But you didn't want to tell people but now everyone knows you're into me. I don't know if it was Masi who changed you or what. I just can't go down that path with you again. I don't....I don't trust you to be loyal to me and not be afraid to kiss me in front of people or hold my hand or hug me. Cuddle with me I don't know." Lauren said shrugging putting her hands int her pockets. Normani moved in kissing her softly.

"I can do that in front of everyone. I promise. Just give me another chance." The darker girl said sighing. Lauren pulled her back for another kiss. This one more hungry. The green eyed girl let her hands softly scratch at the girls waist.

"Fine. But you have to show me you really want this. Want...want us." Lauren said softly looking at the shorter girl-who isn't actually much shorter than herself. Camila felt a sneeze coming and she held it back hoping they would leave soon.

"I can. I will. But come on let's go back to the others before they think other wise." Normani said locking their fingers together and walking out the room. The lights flickered off before the door shut. The brunette was hurt that Normani was back with Lauren but also that Lauren had lied about their former relationship. Then again her and Camila had never spoken to each other before so why would she trust her. Then also Dinah should know because Thomas Hansen is her cousin Normani's ex boy toy. She sighed crawling out the closet making her way to the door walking out to find Dinah.

"Di...I'm leaving." Camila said awkwardly as Normani glared at her and Lauren watched the two talk.

"Why? I haven't seen you in forever I thought you might have been having a good time." Dinah said softly looking at her friend. Camila shook her head glancing at Lauren and Normani who where sitting together on the couch.

"I just...I'm tired. Can you walked with me home?" Dinah nodded turning towards the others.

"Leaving so soon?" Lauren asked gently pushing Normani's legs off hers.

"Yeah she's tired. See you tomorrow." Dinah said smiling at the others. Lauren got up and walked with the two girls to the door.

"See you DMac." Lauren said as she walked out. Camila tried to slip past her but Lauren stopped her.

"See you tomorrow powerhouse." Lauren said jokingly patting her shoulder.

"Powerhouse?" The brunette asked looking at the glowing green eyes she loves.

"You have a hell of a kick. You're a powerhouse. But you should go Dinah's literally gone already." She said looking out the door to see Dinah at the end of the walk.

"Bye." Camila mumbled walking out.

---

"You are the worst friend." Camila complained sitting on her bed looking at Dinah.

"How?"

"You didn't tell me Normani and Lauren had dated and Normani cheated with your cousin! The football player who looks just like your brothers." Camila explained causing her friend to laugh.

"I know who Masi is and what he looks like. For the record Lauren always said that her and Mani went on one date. Masi liked Normani end of the summer beginning of this year. That's when they hooked up. Wait. Why do you care you don't care for Normani anymore...." The Polynesian girl said looking up at her friend.

"Those hours I was gone I was tucked away in Lauren's trophy room reading. I moved to the closet when I heard Lauren getting closer and I over heard her and Mani talking. They are back together. Couldn't you tell by how they where sitting?" Camila groaned laying back on the bed.

"Mila. You need to calm down. They won't last. Besides Lauren and you are basically friends now. She'd stick up for you if anyone hurt you. Lauren likes you as a person so just calm down. It's not that serious girl." Dinah said standing up form her spot on the floor to join her friend on the bed.

"Me and Lauren are cool I guess but I wouldn't say we are friends. I just feel that since Normani knows I like Lauren, because I told her before she started hating me, I feel like she's going to tell Lauren and that will make her look and act differently towards me." The brunette shrugged looking at her friend.

"You know Normani doesn't hate you. She was just jealous. Remember in 9th grade when you first told us you where Bi and you had a huge crush on Lauren. Normani had a crush on her too but not as big as you. But then once you told us you had all your classes with her that's when she started getting jealous. So that's why she joined soccer just to be with Lauren after school. Then of course you asked to be the water girl for the team just to be close with Lauren which is why you are the freaking team assistant. I remember when you both walked onto the field and Lauren asked me why you two where there. I remember explaining my well put together lie on how you needed extra service work hours and Normani need a gym credit. She hated when you had to get Lauren her water. She even told me she wanted to take your spot. You where jealous when ever Normani would pass Lauren an assist in game and they'd hug after the score. She hated how you could stay late to wash Lauren's jerseys and see her after showers. You hated how Normani could be in the shower room with Lauren. That's when you guys rivalry started. Then of course junior year she completely cut you off because of that incident with Lauren at my birthday party when you accidentally spilled your water on her pants and you helped her clean up. Even then did Lauren notice you. Whether you where helping her wipe off her pants of not. She might not have known your name but she knew you. So technically you win. You've had more interactions with Lauren than Normani and I hope that's helped you enough to perk up and ask Lauren for her number tomorrow after the game!" Dinah said smacking the girls legs.

"What?! I'm not asking her for her number are you stupid? Who am I?" The brunette said looking at her friend.

"Camila shy as fuck Cabello" she said jokingly.

"Exactly."

---

The game ended with a tie. Normani was near tears after Lauren yelled at her for making a dumb pass and Lauren herself was heated after that game.

"You all did terrible. I don't even want to hear it from you Hamilton." Lauren muttered walking off towards the locker rooms. Camila looked at Dinah who was in a mood also. Everyone was in a mood. Even the coach.

The locker room was quiet as everyone got dressed and ready to go. Lauren sat on the bench with her head down and a water bottle dangling between her legs. Everyone started leaving but her. The locker room was soon empty but Lauren and Camila.

"Uh...L-Lauren. I need to lock up so are y-"

"Don't talk to me right now." She mumbled keeping her head down. Camila nodded and started putting up the clean towels finding things to do until Lauren left.

"Hey Cabello...you watched today right?" Lauren's voice echoed through the room.

"Mhm." She hummed in respond afraid to speak up.

"Normani fucking sucks." She mumbled softly.

"Hmmm" the team assistant said again wiping down a few benches.

"You saw that pass didn't you?" She asked as Camila rounded the corner.

"Yup..." The said softly wiping down the other benches but the one Lauren was on. "Aren't you two you know..."

"Yeah. Why?" She asked looking at her.

"I mean you're talking about you're girlfriend in a really mean way. I know Normani hates me but she was my friend at one point. She'd rather you say it to her face than behind her back. Or to me." Camila said softly.

"I'm breaking up with her. She lied. I told her in order to be with me she as to be able to show me. She won't kiss me in front of the team. She's afraid. Although everyone knows she likes me. I can't deal with that again." Lauren said standing up grabbing her bag.

"Yeah..." Camila said softly wiping down the last bench.

"I'm going to the weight room to blow off steam. Mind coming with me? So I won't be alone." Lauren said softly.

"Uh sure. I...yeah ok." The brunette said grabbing a towel handing it to Lauren who nodded a thank you.

Camila sat on a bench while Lauren worked out for an hour or so.

"Honestly you need to talk to my cousin about playing. Replacing you with Hamilton will probably be the best thing." Lauren said sitting up from doing leg reps.

"I don't know Lauren. I'm just fine being the team assistant." Camila shrugged looking at her.

"You mean the team maid." Lauren said jokingly. She smiled when Camila rolled her eyes. "You know we should hang out more often. Or am I moving to fast in the friendship that's budding? Here how about I give you my number and we become text buddies first." Lauren said pulling her phone out her bag unlocking it. Camila did the same and they swapped phones texting each other off of each.

"If I don't text first it's because I don't want to be annoying and bother you when you're doing stuff..." Camila said shyly.

"Don't worry I always text first. You're fine." Lauren said smiling standing up.

So are you. Camila thought seeing Lauren's abs contract as she stretched her muscles.

"You need a ride home?" Lauren asked. Camila started shaking her head when Lauren put her hand up, "I'm giving you a ride home. Come on." the two walked out to her car and Camila felt happy. She felt like things where going right and that she was doing the right things. Staring at Lauren's number as she sat in her car she glanced at the driver who was rocking out to a little the 1975.

"I love them." Camila said smiling. And they started a whole new conversation about there favorite music.

---

Should I make Lauren G!P I feel like she is so G!Pish in this fic.

Camren is budding as a friendship that is. ❤️

Loved the feedback from the first chapter.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

33.8K 793 1
of course camila just had to go and get a crush on her best friend's hot older sister
735K 16.7K 50
They both have some bad pasts. Camila Cabello, a new freshman at Miami University, meets Lauren Jauregui, a breathtaking Sophomore. They fall for ea...
7.4M 124K 28
Lauren and Camila are two of the most promising soccer talents in the country. The two skilled girls are playing for the U-17 US team to win the worl...
383K 7.7K 34
Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello have been friends for as long as they can remember. Along with their friends Ally, Dinah, and Normani- they face t...