Mistaken Identity✔

By jollyreaderjennell

Kalliyah's twin sister, Alliyah decides to have an affair with an older man. The affair led to Alliyah gettin... More

Copyright ©
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
My Other Books

Chapter 21

11.8K 702 165
By jollyreaderjennell

Kalliyah's POV

  I winced and said. "They didn't know I was here? Why didn't you tell them?" I turned to Alexander and asked. 

  He held his hands up to stop his mother from replying. "Mother, why don't we take everything inside before you start an outburst." His mother closed her mouth and pushed pass me entering the house. I frowned at her attitude towards me. I turned and looked at his father who was staring at me. Alexander was blind to the fact that his father was staring, he was probably still thinking about his mother's outburst. 

  "C'mon, dad." He led his father through the house with me following closely behind. We enter the living room where his mother was seated on one the couches. Her husband went and sat beside her taking her hands in his. Alexander walked over the couch parallel to the one they sat in. He waved me over and so I went and sat beside him. He gave me a small smile, which I returned. 

His mother saw the smile but didn't like it, "Why are you smiling at her?  Don't you know what she did?" his mother shouted. I looked at her with raised brows. I was about to explain her error to her but Alexander spoke up.

 "Mother. That's not the way you treat someone. Show respect." He said calmly as he placed his hands on mine.

  "You want me to show respect to this thing that ruined my marriage." Her words had shocked me but I wasn't surprised that she mistook to me for my sister. I had my doubts as soon as she opened her mouth. I took a deep breath then released it. I have to deal with her misconception. 

   Mr Carter, who hadn't said anything since they came to turn to look at his wife shocked, "Oh my God! You knew ." he took a deep breath. 

   She rolled her eyes, "You're my husband, Andrew. Of course, I knew. You didn't think I noticed the way you acting. I did. When you came home from work, you didn't kiss me on the cheeks and then you started ignoring me, I knew there was something wrong. I'm not a fool Andrew. You used to shrug your shoulders when I asked you how was work, you weren't interested in talking to me anymore so I knew you must have had a mistress and so I went digging. I called an old friend of mine, Michael who was a Private Investigator to do some digging and that's when I knew for sure." she took a deep breath, I could tell she would burst into tears anytime soon and I could feel Alexander tensing up beside me. He must be feeling his mother's hurt but he remained silent, waiting to hear more of his mother's words. 

   "I saw the pictures with you and this bitch walking out of Doubletree in London, I saw you." She pointed to her husband then at me. " She was letting out her anger and I understand completely. I could feel her pain and I sense that Alexander did too because he was furious. "I saw you holding her hands." Then the tears that she was holding in started pouring door her beautiful face. I felt sorry for her, especially knowing that my sister was the one who did it to her. 

   I felt the pang in my chest at the hurt my sister caused all these people, how she ruined their life. 

  "Mrs. Carter," I got up from the seat and walked over to her and took a seat beside her. I touched her shoulders to comfort but instead of accepting my comfort she did something that I never expected, not in a million years. 

   She slapped me across my face. I slowly brought my hands to my cheeks. It hurt. I looked at her not knowing exactly what to say. 

   "Mom!" Alexander quickly stood from the chair and came at my side, He lifted my head up with one of his hands, he moved my hands from the spot where his mother hit me, "It's red, are you okay?" he asked with concern in his eyes.  I nod, I'm okay, he usually should asking his mother if she's okay. People don't just hit people who comfort them even if they believe that the person was the reason for their problems. She reacted on impulse. 

  "Mother, why did you hit her?" he asked as he looked up at his mother, he was angry and  It was obvious.

  "Weren't you listening to me? She slept with your father. She made him cheat on me. She flirted with him and got him into her bed. She ruined our marriage it was perfect before she waltzed in flinging her body at him."

"It wasn't me, Mrs. Carter. I've never.." I tried. 

  "No, don't give me that bullshit about it, wasn't you. It's you, I have pictures, so whatever lies you told my son to make him so smitten of you it's going to be revealed. You are not going to continue to destroy my family. No, I will not have it. I have pictures of you and my husband." she said firmly. 

  "That's impossible," I stated. "You must have pictures of my twin sister and not me. I've never been to London. I've never left America."

  "Oh!, so that's what you tell my son? That you're a twin. He should have known better. " she rolled her eyes, "Where is your sister?" she asked.

"I don't know" I answered honestly "I haven't seen her in years."

  "That's what I taught. You don't know where your sister is because you don't have one. You are nothing but a lying gold-digging whore, that's all you guys want from my son, money. You couldn't get my husband so you target my son but sweetheart, it ain't gonna happen. I'm not gonna sit and watch you ruin our  son's life just like your ruined ours."

  I turned to look at Alexander who was staring at his mother, he looked lost and confused. Realizing that he wasn't going to defend me, I did it myself. "That's not true. I'm not a gold-digger. It was my sister, she did this, I'm just here to clean up her mess."

  Mrs. Carter shrugged her shoulder, "Denial, denial, denial.  Why are you here then? To take care of your nephew, no need to act. I know he's your son and the son of my husband. I had my men follow you around. I know that it's your kid. I have pictures, remember?"

  "Let me see them," Alexander spoke up. I turned my gaze to him. I never expected him to say that. He knew I wasn't my sister, I showed him proof. 

"Alrighty," his mother said in a cheering way with a smirk on her face. "I'm going to prove the lair you are."

  I watched as Mrs. Carter went into her handbag and took out a Ziploc bag.  She stood and went over to the table and spread its content on the table.  I looked down at the scattered pictures in shock. They all different sorts of pictures,  ones with Ally kissing Andrew and some were simple, like them exiting hotels, restaurants and cars. I shook my head and sighed. I looked up at Alex wondering if he believed the pictures are of me. 

I looked across at his mother, "Those pictures still don't prove anything. Alliyah is my identical twin, we look exactly alike. I turn to look at Alexander, "That's not me. You know it's not me." As he looked down at the pictures, he slowly started backing away from me. 

He believed the pictures. 

He believed his mother. 

He believed the woman in pictures was me. 

   "Alex you have to believe me, that's not me," I felt like crying when he didn't look at me. "Alex, please, that's not me." he turned to look at me, this my chance. "Alexander she's red-head, I have black hair."

 "Dye can easily change that." His mother said. I knew she was enjoying this. I could hear the folly in her voice, she liked seeing me in distress.

  "Yes, I'm a natural red-head but I dyed my hair three years ago. You have to believe me, that's not me. I've never been to England. I've never spelt with your father, that's my sister Alliyah." I stopped for a second and look at him but he was avoiding my gaze. "Alexander, please believe me. Don't you trust me?" I asked I knew the tears were there.

  He looked up at me."Trust you?" he spat out. "Kalliyah, Alliyah or whatever your name is. Stop with the act. I've been searching for Alliyah Bisson for months and I haven't seen a thing. Stop lying and just admit it. You're the woman that ruined my parent's relationship. You're the mother of Henrique, I can't even believe I didn't pick it up before." He shook his head in frustration and angry while I cried. He didn't believe me, he didn't trust me. He believed his mother. I started crying.

   "Please Alexander, that's not me, I would never abandon my child. That's not the kind of person I am. No matter how hard life is for me, I would never give away my child whom I produced. So you have to believe me when I say that Henrique isn't my child. Please believe me." I stopped talking and looked at him through my tears. 

  "Kalliyah, stop lying to me," he shouted. He moved away further away from me. He was no longer the person whose arms I slept in last night, he was the man who made me lose my job. All the feelings that he came to have had for me were gone, replaced by thoughts an photographs of Alliyah and his father. He believed the pictures were of me. 

   I wiped the tears that were scrolling down my face. If he believed that the woman in the pictures is me than our relationship was over before it even started. It didn't want that. For the first time in three years, I was happy, I couldn't let some stupid pictures of Alliyah get in the way of a potential relationship. So I had no choice but to beg him to believe me, "What am I do to make you believe that the woman in those pictures is not me and is my twin sister Alliyah?" he remained silent so I sighed, "For God's sake, I don't even have a child. I'm a virgin. I've never even had sex." I wanted to facepalm myself after telling them about my non-existent sex life but It wasn't anything to be ashamed of. 

   Alexander turned to his father and asked unexpected question, "Dad, did you sleep with her?" he asked pointing in my direction without looking. 

His father held down his head and then said, "Yes."

   My heart jumped at his words, "He's a liar, just like his wife. "Stop lying. It wasn't me. I didn't sleep with you. I've never seen you in my entire life."

His father lifted his head and look at him. "It was her son. I recognize the tattoo."

  I looked down and the tattoo then looked up at the older man, "Alliyah has the same tattoo. She was the one who forced me to get it."

"That's not what you told me last night," Alexander said under his breath. 

   I sighed, "I told you it was a stupid childhood mistake, why would I tell you my sister has one, it isn't relevant."

"You're lying."

I shook my head at him. "I'm not lying to you, Alexander. I'm telling you the truth."

"Stop lying!" he barked. 

"I'm not," I shouted. 

"Get out of my house!" he shouted. 

I lifted my head up and whimpered. "What?"

  "I said pack your things and get the hell out of my house, out of my life and out of my parent's life. You're nothing but a gold-digging whore." I couldn't hold any more tears in so I let them all fall out. How could he say something like that? How could he be so cruel?

"But where will I stay? This is the only place I know here." I said through my tears. I felt like my heart had been stapped over and over again. 

"I don't care where you go. Just get the hell out of my house before I throw you out." he barked. He was back to the same cruel man he was when I first met him. 

"No, please. You can't do that." He wouldn't do that. Would he?

  "Oh really? Then watch me." he walked over to me and grabbed my wrist and started to drag me out of the room with his parents watching silently at his abuse without saying anything. They were nothing but a bunch of cruel people. Cruel and blind.

   "Please, Stop you're hurting me!" I cried but he ignored me, his fingernails were digging in my skin and it pained a lot. He opened his front door pushed me on his front pavement.

   "Wait for your stuff." He said then shut the door in my face. I held my head down and started to cry harder. I look down at my wrist which was red with marks around it. 

 He did this. 

The man you thought you love. The one you thought loved you back. 

   I start crying more until I heard the door open again but before I could register again my suitcase fell on my feet. I screamed as a striking pain went through my feet. Instead of helping me to see if I was hurt all I heard as the door being slammed. 

  I placed my hands to my temples. My head was hurting from all the crying. My heart was breaking. I felt like a complete mess. 

  After a couple of minutes, I finally decided I couldn't stay there and bawl out my eyes forever. I had to move on. 

This is life. 

   A series if rocky paths but I had to move on. I took up the phone off the ground beside me and called a taxi. He said he would be here in fifteen minutes. I stood up and held the suitcase in my hand tightly then I started walking to the entrance of the property where the taxi will meet me. 

  I felt like I was going to faint away but I kept moving on. I took one last look at the mansion then turned in the opposite direction.  It's funny how things turn out. It's funny how my sister still managed to ruin my life again but this time without her even being present. It's so funny it's depressing. 

..................................

Anyone crying?

Be honest, I'm crying too and I'm the person who wrote it.

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment. (They make me smile)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 312 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...
1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
76.7K 4.4K 62
What happens when two soul sisters are forced to marry Billionaire Brothers in order to save their Adopted parents. Whether it will a fresh start...
16.1K 1K 23
He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her. Reyansh Kapoor: "She is the ocean in which I'll happily drown. " She was a selen...