Right Where She Belongs

By JoJo_Classic

"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty

12.5K 269 17
By JoJo_Classic

[Kat's P.O.V]

"Reinforcements?"

"About an hour away,"

"Weapons?"

"Check,"

"Location?"

"Check!"

"Transportation?"

"Check,"

"...Tampons?"

Three pairs of incredulous eyes turned to me.

"What?" I asked defensively. "It's my time of month, alright? I want to go in prepared."

Silence met my remark. I scowled fiercely at their identical looks of male disgust.

"Whatever. Get your asses in the truck," I grinned sinisterly. "It's duck season,"

And what should have been a perfect scene ending, in reality finished with Rupert singing along, "Duck season, rabbit season, duck season, rabbit season..."

The guy was lucky I wasn't holding a gun. I would have shot his ass faster than Elmer Fudd would have shot Bugs Bunny if the dang rabbit would stay still long enough.

"Alright gang, lets move out!"

Climbing into the vehicle, I managed to hear Sam's heated words to his cousin before slamming my door. "Is it just me, or is it hot when she takes charge?"

I rewarded the lusty looking cousins with my middle finger.

                                                                                   ***

[Adrian's P.O.V]

I was once again brought back to the conscious world in the means of a cold shower.

I spluttered and hacked, burning my already dry throat. Water dripped from my lashes and I had to blink several times before I could make out anything in the dark room.

"Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty,"

The taunting words had my sore back muscles stiffening. Unlike the last time, I wasn't disoriented and knew exactly what was going on.

And I was pissed.

Beyond pissed.

How could I have not seen this?! Was I so bloody blinded by emotion that I couldn't see the evidence that was so clearly laid out before me? Everything was pointing to one person - this person - and I had stupidly convinced myself it wasn't possible. That it wasn't possible enough to hate a person so much that you'd run them out of town, stalk and kidnap them.

But, I was wrong.

I was wrong about a lot of things, it seemed.

"Jenna," I hissed hatefully, glaring into those unnerving eyes.

Jenna flashed me her perfect smile, the one many would mistake for innocence, but I saw right through that conniving smile. Pearly white teeth stood out in stark contrast to her ruby red lips and newly tanned skin. Dressed in a simple, yet elegant white dress that brushed the tops of her knees, she looked like an angel, her red locks of hair curled to perfection.

But I knew it all to be a front. The truth was written clearly in her evil eyes.

"Hello, Adrian," Her husky voice, the kind that would make any man weak-kneed, was sickly sweet. I could feel my teeth aching. "I'm liking the knew accessory," she gestured to the chains I was hanging off.

"Bitch," I cursed, pulling tightly against my chains.

"Tsk, tsk. Here I was thinking you'd have enough control for us to have a civil conversation," Her plump lips turned up in disgust. "Although, I don't know if I can have any kind of conversation with a wet dog,"

Words clogged in my throat. I wanted to spit curses at her, yell and rant, but I didn't. I remained quiet, letting the black pit of anger, betrayal, rage and defeat build inside me.

"What the matter?" She breathed, taking slow, purposeful strides towards me. "Kat got your tongue? Oh wait, no. That's not possible considering she's locked up as well."

She was getting closer. The temptation was too much. I gathered my spit and flung it at her face.

She gasped with disgust and anger, wiping my saliva off her cheek. "You little bitch!" She made as if to lunge at me, but a deep, hard male voice stopped her abruptly.

"Now now, my sweet. Don't argue with our captives. We don't want to rile them up so early in the day,"

Sending me a glare that would have withered flowers, Jenna backed away. She turned to the man, beaming brightly as if she wasn't just killing me with her mind a second ago. Crazy, demented bitch. "Yes, daddy. I'm sorry, daddy. She just...she got me so angry, I just-"

The man was tall. Almost as tall as Sam was. Broad shouldered but carrying a large gut, I could instantly see the family resemblance. It wasn't the tawny reddish brown hair or the smooth, compelling lips. It was the eyes. The same cold, indifferent, cat eyes Jenna had.

My stomach roiled in disgust.

"I know, sweetheart," the man cooed placating, though his eyes spoke of boredom. "But we can't damage the goods just yet. Speaking of which, where is that boy?"

"On his way, sir," Replied one of the minions.

The man nodded curtly. "Good. This better have not all been for nothing. That boy better come to his senses soon,"

My heart dropped with dread. I knew exactly who the 'boy' was.

"Who are you?" I questioned with a hefty amount of disgust and reproach. This was the guy who hired my kidnapping, after all. I tried to peer around the goons shoulders to catch a glimpse of Caleb, but their big bodies blocked my view.

"You still haven't figured it out?" Jenna taunted with an odd smile. Her eyes were lit with a crazed, delighted light. I actually feared the giddiness in her voice. "You never were a bright one, huh?"

I snarled at her.

"Jenna," Her father warned. 

She sighed heavily, as if burdened, and continued in a more somewhat saner tone. "The coffee shop? The pasta in the house? Note in the book." She rolled her eyes. "Come on, Adrian. Surely you connected the dots?"

I glared hatefully at her. "I don't get it Jenna. How did you do it?"

Jenna beamed, a wide, insanely proud smile. "A girl never reveals her secrets," she winked. "But I'll indulge you.

"Well, the first one was easy. While Jason was ordering I distracted the girl and slipped the note under the cup. But the bitch saw so I had to pay extra, especially when I asked her to ask out Caleb. I didn't have to work too much on that one considering Caleb is a hunk," Her eyes glittered mischievously. "Now the second note was a bit tricky with the cameras and stuff, but a trained dog was all we needed. By the way, why do you guys have a doggie door? You don't even have a dog! Where is the sense in that?"

Sense? The crazy girl was trying to talk to me about sense?!

"Anyway, I just slipped the third when you weren't paying attention. Really, Adrian," She scolded, "You have to pay more attention to your surroundings."

Ten...nine...eight...

"Honestly we weren't expecting you to run away, but I've got to admit, it was fun chasing you down."

Seven...six...five...

"But seriously, you should have seen your face when you saw the note on your friends door. Classic!"

Four...three...two...

Jenna turned her back on me and I took that second to take in a deep lungful. My entire body quivered, a mixture of fear and anger.

"What do you think, Caleb?" She purred huskily. She sauntered over to Caleb, hips swaying, drawing the attention of the stoically quiet guards. They parted to let her through. I saw her run a manicured paw down his chest and I tensed. She was not touching him.. She wouldn't dare.

"Do you think I'm evil," I saw her lean down to press her face right against the side of his. My breath caught.

Caleb didn't say anything. He stared at me from around her shoulder, his eyes cold and hard.

Jenna pulled back and yanked on his chin so he was forced to look at her. Her voice leaked with annoyance when she spoke in a low hissed that echoed back to me.

"What is it about her? Huh? You never look at me the way you do her," Her voice quivered slightly. "Am I not good enough for you? What is it? Tell me."

The whole room went silent. It clicked in me that all the flirting Jenna done, all her hungry looks, were not because she was trying to get under my skin...but because she had actual feeling for him.

Jenna was in love with Caleb.

Oh god. No wonder why she wants me dead.

"Because, Jenna." Caleb spoke without softness, but I could see from the spark of surprise in his eyes that he was just coming to the same conclusion as me. 

"You're not Adrian."

That was when chaos erupted.

                                                                                               ***

Guys! I'm so sorry you guys have been waiting so long for my uploads! To be fair, I have my yearly's coming up so I've been busy but that is no excuse! Updates are going to be everyday until the book finishes - which hopefully will be soon. :D

Remember:

Comment

Vote 

Fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 149 33
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
615 97 31
We all wish for a happy ending in a life full of obstacles. Same was with Autumn. Autumn is the daughter of a very rich family in the entire English...
39K 801 47
Emma's life was never perfect. She never had the nice house, white picket fence and a beautiful labrador puppy. She never wanted any of that anyway...