Wolf

By notlittlebirdy

Lieutenant Amelia Irfan is best known as a combat sniper in a special operations unit called Wolf. They are a... More

Introduction - A Day at Work
Chapter 1 - Operation Bayan
Chapter 2 - Operation Belarus
Chapter 3 - Operation Cronos
Chapter 4 - Operation Titan
Chapter 5 - Operation Dawn
Chapter 6 - Operation Lazarus
Chapter 7 - Off Day!
Chapter 8 - Operation Adam
Chapter 9 - A Break After Death
Chapter 10 - Operation Welcome Home Party ( 1 Year Later)
Chapter 11 - Operation Lilith
Chapter 12 Part 1 - Operation Youth
Chapter 12 Part 2: Operation Save Me!
Chapter 13 - Operation Snow Highlands
Chapter 14 - Euphoria
Chapter 16: Home?
Chapter 17 - Sour Then Sweet
Chapter 18 - The Warring Groups
Chapter 19 - Dionysius
Chapter 20: Operation Die Hard 1
Chapter 20: Operation Die Hard II (Ishikawa Kirishima's POV)
Chapter 21 - Anpanman
Chapter 22 - Operation Newcomer
Chapter 23 - Operation Takeover
Chapter 24 - Operation Kidnapped Businessman
Chapter 25: War Hunting Season Part 1
Chapter 25: War Hunting Season Part 2
Chapter 26: Operation Easkerton Fortress
Chapter 27: Operation Salji Tebal
Chapter 28: Operation Yacht Date
Chapter 29 - Introducing Raikou Akihito
Chapter 30 - Operation: The Final Problem
Epilogue

Chapter 15: Batshit Crazy

94 5 1
By notlittlebirdy

The sun decided to visit me today, its golden rays shining down to the garden and I took the time to soak in the sunlight. I was lying down on the grass – staring up at the clouds and clearing my mind when a man approached my line of vision – peeking down at me.

"Aren't you cosy?" he asked.

I frowned. "Who are you?"

He grinned as he extended a hand down to me, expecting me to shake his hand even though we were facing upside down. "I am Mori Haruto, Kirishima's friend," he introduced. "Pleased to meet you."

I shook his hand. "Amelia Irfan."

"Do you need help in getting up?"

"I'm not getting up. The sun's out."

Haruto-san looked thoughtful at my statement and turned to look up at the sky before he hunkered down next to me, letting out a sigh of relief. I wasn't expecting him to lie down with his expensive suit so I gave him a confused look, before I looked away.

"This is nice, Kirishima has a very nice garden," he commented.

"Are you here to meet him?" I asked. "He's not back yet."

"I know," he said. "I wanted to meet you and introduce myself first."

"Are you yakuza also?"

He burst out laughing. It was a bright laugh. "Yes, I am."

"How long have you known him?"

"Since we were kids," he replied and he propped himself up by his elbow as he looked at me eagerly. "Do you want to know more about him?"

"I want to but he's not telling me," I said with a sigh. "I don't want to force him."

"You're too nice! I'll tell you."

I looked at him suspiciously.

"He once put ten boys in the hospital when he was in middle school just because they made him angry," he said. "He's got quite a masochistic streak in him."

I remained silent.

"He once fucked a girl in her yukata during his middle school years, and it caused a big problem," he continued on with a laugh. "She also made a pregnant scare."

I took that news in stride.

"He was in the advanced programme in high school because he said the normal lessons were too slow for him and he'd read up during the lesson."

"Then he had many, many, many side flings, usually with older women. We even fought once when he fucked my then-girlfriend."

I looked at him and noticed that he was staring at me – as if anticipating my reaction to his stories. Seeing that I had none, he looked dismayed and I realised that he has a sadistic streak in him.

"What the fuck is wrong with the both of you?" I asked in exasperation. "One is a masochist and the other is a sadist. No wonder you two get along so well."

Haruto-san burst into laughter at my statement – doubled over as he cackled like a madman.

"Oh, I like you!" he declared as blew a kiss at me.

I had no time to react when I heard a shout from behind me and I turned around to see an angry-looking Kirishima ambling his way towards us.

"Don't you fucking dare, Haru!"

I sat up when Kirishima was near and he planted himself in front of me as he berated his longtime friend. They argued with each other for a few minutes and I got bored with it so I tugged at his pant leg.

"Help me up." I reached my right hand out to him so he could pull me up but instead, he turned behind me to wrap his arms around my torso to pull me up to my feet.

I was taken aback at his strength because I knew I was not light. I was speechless and felt awkward when he touched my shoulder to hand the crutch over to me so I could rest my right leg.

"She's stunned you're that strong to carry her up," Haruto-san pointed out helpfully, laughing and turned to me. "How heavy are you?"

"Sixty-five."

He looked thoughtful. "But you don't look like you're heavy."

"If you're asking me whether you could carry me, the answer is no," I stated flatly as I caught on to what he wanted. "I'm too injured to be carried around carelessly."

Kirishima touched my arm gently and mimed that we get inside the house, while glaring daggers at his friend.

It's been a month here and even though I liked the peace and solitude, the fact that I couldn't move the important parts of my body annoys me.

I couldn't train or do any of my workouts so I felt restless all the time.

Other than heading to the hospital to check on my wounds for signs of infection and giving me my supply of medication, I stayed mostly indoors and replying messages from the boys.

I went to the living room and the two men followed me, as Haruto-san still wanted to ask more questions about us.

While we walked, I gave Kirishima a sidelong look. "So, you have a thing for older women?" I asked rather slyly.

"Yes."

He was serious. I tried not to laugh. "Haruto-san gave me a glimpse of your past. He's a fucking sadist."

"I'm surprised you got it really quickly. Others would just give him a punch and a kick to the groins for his comments."

"There are certain things you don't say to a person you've just met," I explained. "And you definitely don't tell a person about another person's past exploits."

Kirishima stared at me. "He did WHAT?!"

Immediately, he whirled to his friend. "What did you tell her, you absolute sadist?" he yelled. "I can't believe you!"

"She took it well!" he retaliated as he blocked the furious array of punches. "Stop it! I don't like violence!"

I glanced back at the two grown men in suits fighting over each other and left them there, lowering myself onto the sofa with a groan and switching on the television.

I don't have time to watch people squabble.

.

Today I was off the shoulder brace and Amalina accompanied me to the hospital appointment – watching with bated breath as they took the brace off me, checking on the stitching again before they wrapped it up with bandages. As they wrote up the report that includes the medication, they gave me a sling to use as well.

The downgrade meant that I was able to use my left arm now, but it was sore as it had been unmoving for two months. I could feel the weakness in that arm and I knew that I needed to get it back into shape soon.

"How do you feel?" Amalina asked as we left the hospital premises. "Does it hurt?"

"It's a bit sore. But I'll live."

She gave me a look. "Do you want to go get some food?"

"Are you paying?"

She rolled her eyes at me. "Fine."

"Alright, let's go!"

.

Later that night.

The door to my bedroom opened without a single knock and I glanced at the mirror to see Kirishima appearing in my line of vision. I was applying medication on the wound on my shoulder and wanted to apply the back but I couldn't see it nor reach it at all.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you to knock when entering someone else's bedroom?" I asked as I tried to reach my shoulder blade.

"No," he said as he approached me, taking the medication from my hand before helping me apply a layer over the wound. "I came right in time though."

It was the first time I am seeing him in sweats and an oversized t-shirt. The seemingly-normal attire looked vastly different on him and I was taken aback at how handsome he looked. Has my taste in men changed abruptly thanks to him? Why am I getting flustered over seeing a man in normal clothes?

"Have you taken your medication yet?" he asked as he pasted a layer of plaster over the wound carefully.

"What happened to your back?"

The realisation that the stupid scar still existed made my heart freeze. The reminder of such stain in my past made me want to tear at the skin. I grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head, feeling my heart shaking, my hands trembling.

My whole body was quivering.

Flashes of the disturbing images filled up my mind. Distorted sounds of screaming, sharp searing pain on my back as the skin tore open –

Kirishima had pulled me to him – his arms wrapped tightly around me as he kept me close. His arms were pressed tightly against my back until I could feel nothing but his strength.

"I'm sorry," he murmured as he rested his chin on my head. "I shouldn't have done that."

I stayed silent.

"I'm sorry."

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 120K 34
Mia has lived a life of abuse from her father and ex. She runs away, leaving her old life behind and creating a new one. What happens when she meets...
1.8K 276 43
❛SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO HEAR HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO SOMEONE.❜ - @JustLifeQuotes - ‣ an original work ‣ all rights go to me so no stealing ‣ please...
13.4K 333 11
What would you do, if your beloved wife had an accident and lost all her memories. Even she doesn't remember you. And you have to make her fall in lo...
10.1K 233 29
They called him a traitor, He killed more then any. Command wanted him in chains, he broke them, He had trained for this since he could walk, now was...