The Keeper's Tale {BTSxReader}

By TaeTae_lyfe

They witnessed her destruction, They were left to wonder why, She saw nothing but darkness, Though the stars... More

Character List
T e a s e r
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Character Q&A

Chapter 9

23.5K 1.9K 2.1K
By TaeTae_lyfe

I'm back with another update. *dabs*

I would just like to take this time and tell you all how much I love and appreciate every single one of you. Publishing these books have been a real struggle, but you all make it so much easier on me by being so soft and understanding.

I love you.

Bunches and Bunches.

Forever and always.

Enjoy!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Why would you say that?"

Your body jerked at the unexpected voice that suddenly broke through the tense silence that once filled the room.

Jungkook's chest heaved with heavy breath, his eyes widened slightly as he stared at the orange-haired man.

Taehyung tilted his head slightly.

"Didn't you see the confetti?" He asked innocently.

"Confetti?" Hoseok repeated softly, eyes moving to your figure for a brief moment.

The young man nodded his head slightly, moving his multi-colored eyes to Hoseok's form.

"Yes." He popped. "The confetti that falls from the sky."

Taehyung glanced towards Namjoon.

"Tell them."

Jin furrowed his brows, looking to Namjoon for some sort of explanation.

Namjoon ran a hand through his dirty blond hair, a sigh moving past his parted lips.

"Taehyung's story takes place in a...different part of the forest." He began. "The Keeper wanted that part of the land to be more mystical and fun....so everyday colorful confetti would rain from the sky. But-"

"But since he left," Taehyung interrupted. "No more confetti."

You frowned, rubbing your temples.

"I still don't see what any of this has to do with me." You blurted.

Taehyung's smile widened as you spoke, his body moving towards you, hands moving to rest on your shoulders as he stared at you.

You could've gotten lost in his beautiful eyes.

"Since you've arrived," He started softly. "The confetti has started to fall again."

You blinked in a shock a few times, swallowing hard as he pulled away from you.

"That doesn't mean anything." Yoongi spat. "It could be a coincidence. Ever think of that?"

The orange-haired man sent him a hard look, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"I know my confetti." He stated sternly. "And I know my magic."

He moved his gaze to yours before continuing.

"And she has magic."He continued. "Haven't you felt it? Our stories are already beginning to progress!"

"Correct me if I'm wrong," Hoseok started, "But don't we all have "magic" to some degree...Namjoon said that this whole world runs on magic"

The green-eyed hunter nodded his head.

"And that's true," He began, eyeing you curiously. "But, if she were The Keeper...she'd have more magic than all of us..."

You shook your head, a nervous laugh escaping you.

"Hang on just one second." You popped. "I can't be The Keeper. I'm just a librarian...Just a normal person. There's nothing magical about me."

Taehyung smiled widely.

"Oh, darling," He purred. "Everything about you is magical."

Your eyes widened slightly, a deep blush presenting itself on your cheeks as you cleared your throat nervously.

"She cannot be The Keeper." Jimin stated coldly. "She's a woman."

A scoff left Taehyung's mouth, his multicolored eyes rolling.

"And?" He popped with a raised brow. "I think we could use some change around here. She may be a woman, Jimin, but she's a woman of substance, a beauty and a beast...Only a real king can appreciate that."

His words seemed to cause something to snap within the young prince, his cold, blue gaze hardening.

"And how do you know that?" He asked. "You've only just met her."

The orange-haired man shrugged his shoulder, smiling at you.

"Sometimes," He breathed. "You just know."

A quiet hum pulled your attention away from Taehyung, your eyes moving to Jungkook who was currently staring straight at you.

"If she really is The Keeper," He began. "Then that means..."

His words trailed off, his shoulders slumping in some kind of silent defeat as he moved his eyes to Jimin.

"I could have sworn she was the one." He muttered almost inaudibly. "I felt it."

Jimin huffed, rolling his blue eyes.

"She isn't The Keeper, brother."

Your eyes widened.

Brother?

They were brothers?!

Jungkook's brows furrowed.

"But, Taehyung said-"

"You're going to take the word of a mad man as truth?" Jimin questioned.

"Hey!" Taehyung defended with a pouted lip.

"Jimin," Jungkook sighed heavily. "I'm just as disappointed as you are, but if she is The Keeper, then maybe she can-"

"Enough!" Jimin roared, cutting off his brother.

"It does make some sense, Jimin." Namjoon reasoned. "You have to admit that something about her feels different-"

Jimin shook his head, sending a glare towards the green-eyed huntsman.

"I do not have the time for this." He stated, turning away from the group and walking back towards the stairs. "She is not The Keeper."

With those final words, the young prince stormed up the stairs, Jungkook following quickly behind him.

You blinked several times as your mind tried to process everything that had just gone on.

You hated to admit it...but you actually agree with Jimin on this..There was no way that you could be The Keeper, none of it added up. You weren't born in this world and you never even knew your real parents...

There was no way.

It simply wasn't possible.

Your eyes flashed over to Namjoon who huffed out, running his hands down in his due to the stress.

"I'm sorry," He muttered. "They've always been like that..."

"They act like they're complete opposites." Jin stated.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, raising his color teacup to his mouth-

Wait.

Where did he get the teacup?!

"That's because they're sharing one story."

Namjoon's elbow crashed into Taehyung's ribs, causing the orange-haired man to spit out his tea.

"Sharing a story?" You repeated slowly. "What does that mean?"

The young hunter frowned, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I don't think I should tell you," He said. "It's not my place."

Yoongi scoffed, shaking his head.

"I think we have a right to know." He stated. "After all, you almost killed us with your little trap in the woods."

You watched as Namjoon's shoulders slumped, his eyes moving to the staircase that the two brothers had ascended just a few moments ago.

"They're twins." Taehyung popped, taking a bite of his cookie-

Again?! Where was he getting all of this stuff!?

Hoseok's eyebrows raised.

"Twins?" He repeated.

Namjoon nodded slowly.

"And?" Yoongi popped sarcastically. "You've never seen twins before?"

The young hunter shook his head.

"It has never been seen in this world before." He stated with a sigh. "You see...they both share their father's story...Their father being half prince half monster...well I believe your world knows him as The Beast?"

Your eyes widened.

"How can they share the same story?" You asked. "I didn't think it worked like that."

"It typically doesn't." Taehyung mused, wiping his mouth. "But, they were a special case."

"Because they share a story, there are many complications with how they are supposed to complete it..."

Taehyung nodded his head slowly.

"You see, Jungkook inherited the princely side of his father, while Jimin-"

"Inherited the beast." You finished with widened eyes.

Taehyung nodded.

"And since they share one story...they are also doomed to share one love. The one person that can change their fate...their princess."

You swallowed hard, realization settling in on you.

"They've been searching for her all these years." Namjoon stated sadly, "They have met with every single women in the kingdom, hoping to find the woman that can lift their curse."

"I thought that Jimin was the only cursed one." Yoongi blurted.

Taehyung sighed heavily.

"You're very slow." He deadpanned. "The curse doesn't just attach itself to one twin. They both have their own struggles. Things that you could never understand."

"So why haven't they found her?" You asked quietly. "Their princess."

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't exactly know." He said slowly. "But when Jungkook saw you...I've never seen him smile like that...Even Jimin lit up."

Your eyes widened slightly, your cheeks growing a light shade of pink.

"So what happens when they find this girl?" You asked avoiding his previous statement.

Taehyung placed his top hat on his hair, giving you a smile.

"No one really knows...I suppose they'll just have to decide which one gets her."

"Hold up." Jin started. "How do they know that they need a princess to break the curse? I thought you said no one can know the ending of their story?"

The young hunter nodded his head.

"The previous Keeper saw that it was an unusual case and told them what must be done in order to break the curse...no one really knows how their story will end though."

He nodded.

"I suspect that's why Jimin is so unwilling to accept the fact the you're The Keeper," Hoseok began, looking at you. "If you're The Keeper, then you can't be his princess..."

You swallowed hard, eyes shifted nervously as you stepped backwards.

"I-I'm not The Keeper, Hobi...I'm not a princess either...I'm just normal."

He bit his lip, deciding not to push you for the moment.

"Well, they seem to believe that you are." Yoongi spat. "That stupid little prince was all over you the second he saw you."

"Don't be a dick, Yoongi." Jin spat. "They've been lonely for a long time. Try and be a little understanding for once."

He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah right."

"I know one thing for sure," Taehyung started, completely ignoring the argument between the two brothers, his eyes falling to you. "If you really are their princess..."

He leaned forward, his breath hitting your face as he continued.

"They are two of the luckiest men I know."

A/N,

Oh my god. I feel like that wasn't very good, but oh well.

I know JK and JM aren't the same age, but it's my book and I can do what I wanna do.

I hope I have cleared up some confusion.

-Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 1.4K 87
❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐞. ❞ ━ bts | bangtan x gn reader
52.5K 3.7K 23
❝ i saw the spark that is normally in your eyes no longer there. ❞ [ completed | 8.14.20 ] ©-holyjikook
1.8K 81 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
283K 8K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...