|Exceed Empire|

By Karasaekano

In Los Angeles California, The largest company in the world named Exceed Empire is the talk of the state. The... More

1st Chapter
2nd Chapter
3rd Chapter
4th Chapter
5th Chapter
6th Chapter.
7th Chapter.
9th Chapter.
10th Chapter.
11th Chapter.
12th Chapter.
13th Chapter
14th Chapter
15th Chapter
16th Chapter
17th Chapter.
18th Chapter.
19th Chapter.
20th Chapter
21st Chapter.
22nd Chapter
23rd Chapter.
24th Chapter.
25th Chapter

8th Chapter.

413 23 8
By Karasaekano

|||

5:00 AM

The birds chirped loudly on this warm morning. This was around the time that everyone would awaken and prepare to go to their places of work.

Secretary May turned off her alarm clock as she drowsily rolled out of bed. She smiled, sitting upright and stretching. She proceeded to go into her bathroom.

Brushing her teeth, she checked the time, making sure she was moving swiftly enough. She nodded in approval.

|||

The Director lifted up his face in alert. He looked around his bedroom in confusion. He looked at his positioning; him laying on his stomach, face-planting into his sheets, his body at the foot of the bed instead of the top with the headboard.

He rubbed his face as she began to sit up. "Wha- Ow!" He groaned, his head aching for a moment. He held his forehead gently. Once the pain subsided, he continued to look around drowsily. He looked down at his clothing, his tie undone and his shirt slightly unbuttoned.

He gasped loudly once putting the pieces together. "Was I intoxicated last night?" He asked outloud, trying to think back to what could have gone on previously. He couldn't really remember well.

He felt a wave of embarrassment come over him, for the first time since Secretary May rejected him for the first time. Speaking of which, did she see him that way?

"Secretary May! Did she see me being intoxicated last night? Did I do something regretful? I am the most handsomest man in all of Los Angeles. I cannot stoop down to such immature ways. What even provoked me to reach this point?" He Questioned himself, covering his face with his hands. He noticed small pills sitting on the side of his bed. He stared at them for a moment.

He slowly got out of bed and proceeded to get dressed, his mind trying to collect last nights memories.

|||

Secretary May approached the Director's home quickly. She did her daily routine of completing his daily preparations. She stood waiting for him to come out of the bathroom.

He walked out, his body slightly swaying from trying to regain his conscious. She froze once seeing Secretary May. For some reason, he couldn't stand to look her in the face confidently after last night. He had no remembrance of anything he said or did the night before.

"Goodmorning, Director." She Said, smiling respectfully. He stared at her in confusion, then rubbing his head again. He looked himself in the mirror, trying to make sure everything was still the same. "Still handsome. No markings or bruises, no clothing in my room other than mine." He whispered quietly. "What was that, Sir?" Asked Secretary May. He shook his head. "Do not worry about it." He Said, standing up straight and covering himself back into his self-absorbed demeanor.

Secretary May walked up to him to put his tie around his neck after helping him to put on his suit jacket. He froze once she made eye contact with him. He started to think about last night, wondering if he had done anything regretful. He gently grabbed the tie from her hands and wrapped it up, then putting it in his pocket. "The tie can stay off for now." He Said, nodding awkwardly.

"Alright, Director. Then, we should head to work now." She Said, turning away and heading towards the front door. The Director followed behind slowly.

|||

The Director stared blankly at his desk, trying to piece together the night before. He was hoping that he hadn't ruined his reputation in any way. Secretary May snapped him out of his thoughts once she sat down his tray of refreshments onto his desk.

"Here are your morning refreshments, Finance Director- Secretary May." He Said. "Yes?" She Replied. He paused for a moment before looking up at her and asking her the question he has been pondering since he first opened his eyes this morning.

"What happened last night?" He asked. Secretary May became stiff. She moved her hair behind her ear, thinking back to that night.

|||

"You make me smile."

|||

She slowly began to smile to herself once again, in a childish way remembering his antics. They were quite comical to say the least. The Director began to raise an eyebrow. She quickly adjusted herself, standing up straighter. "You were intoxicated, Sir. You got into a drinking competition with the CFO at our company dinner with me, Quincy Thomas, Craig Wesley, and Monica Perkins. You were not reckless and I got you home safely." She Said.

"So, I did not do anything indifferent?" He asked. Secretary May thought back to when they arrived at her house.

|||

"Sir, I have to-" he grabbed her arm, yanking her down to him. She landed on top of him with such force from his pull that her phone slipped from her hands and dropped lightly onto the floor.

He held her to him. "I want to stay here tonight." He Said. She gasped.

|||

She let out a single chuckle, looking away and grinning from his bewilderment. "No, Director. You were poise as usual. I tried to prevent you from competing, but you told me to allow it. I apologize." She Said.

He let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead. He seemed sluggish. He was possibly hung over. He looked up at her, staring at her and folding his fingers. "Are you laughing, Secretary May?" He asked her. "No, Director." She Replied, although a small smirk could still be noticeable behind her serious expression.

"I need you to go get totals from the designing department." He told her. "Alright, Director." She Said, turning away and exiting out of his office. He stared at the door for a moment. He sucked his teeth, letting out a dry single chuckle. He ran his fingers through his hair. "What I must have done must have been shocking. Whatever it was, it made her smile. I'm contempt with that." He said.

|||

While Secretary May headed back to the Directors office, she continued to think back to the night before.

|||

"Have I never told you that you were pretty?"

|||

"I am most honest when I'm intoxicated."

|||

She began to slightly smile again, she didn't know if she doing it in a intrigued way or feeling sheepish for the directors actions.

In the middle of her thoughts, Monica Perkins walked up to her. "Good morning, Secretary May!" Said Monica. Seeming as if she had so much energy. "Good morning, what are you excited about?" She Asked.

"The business workshop is tomorrow!" She Said. "Tomorrow?" Asked Secretary May. "Yes! Yet another year of us getting to spend a weekend soaking up the su-statistics for the financial departments from our favorite location." Corrected Accountant Monica, looking around at workers who seemed all but the least interested in their conversation.

Every year, workers with important positions from the upper hand work categories are to go on a business trip to a outside location to spend a weekend long vacation gathering data.

"And the best part, is that the financial director won't be attending." Said Monica. Secretary May nodded.

The Finance Director and CEO, including any other department officials are not allowed to come onto the weekend stays. They have far too much work to handle, while also waiting for the results that their workers gather.

"Oh, that's right..." trailed off Secretary May. She was used to this happening already. She didn't understand why it felt so off putting this time.

Even though it is a business trip, the workers spend time relaxing and commencing fun vacation-like activities, then saving the work for last. This time, the location was to las Vegas.

"I'm going to start packing as soon as I go home today. We truly deserve a weekend of relaxation." She Said. "Yes, we definitely deserve this. I must go back to the directors office. We'll speak later." She Said, nodding. Monica nodded as well, and they proceeded their separate ways.

Secretary May arrived back into the directors office, walking up to his desk and gently sitting the papers down. He began to look through the papers. "Is there anything that you need me to prepare in advance for tomorrow, Sir?" She Asked.

"Tomorrow?" He asked. "Yes. Tomorrow is the annual weekend business trip." She told him. He paused. For the first time, he had forgotten about that event coming up. Which means that Secretary May won't be with him for two days.

"Ah, Yes. I do have something in advance I need." He Said. "What do you need, Director?" She Asked. He stared at her for a moment. She stared back, the same innocent facial expression on her face.

"Are you busy tonight?" He asked. "No- Great!" He Said quickly. "Tonight, you will be spending time with me. I understand how grateful you are to have this opportunity." He Said, smirking to himself.

Secretary May looked caught off guard. "Doing what, Director?" She Asked. "I'm pleased you asked." He Said. "But I will not tell you until the time comes." He Continued. She inhaled. "Well, Director. I do need to pack tonight for the annual business trip." He Said.

"That does not take long. Unless you are me of course." He Said. "Then I will see you tonight, Sir." She Said, turning away. She walked back out of the office and sat down at her desk.

The director grinned. "Where do I get these smooth moves from? Tonight, is going to be astounding. Her heart is going to become bigger than ever." He Said, beginning to research on his laptop.

|||

Later that night, Secretary May was on her phone with her sister, getting dressed while she paced around her room. "He asked you on a date?" Asked Mia. Secretary May shook her head, sighing. "How many times do I have to say it? This is no date. At least, I don't believe so." She Said. "So why are you pacing so frantically? Can you not just choose something simple?" She Asked.

"Well, it is my boss. Anything that goes on is strictly business related." Said Secretary May. "Including the flowers and playing pool?" Asked Mia. Secretary May disregarded it. She stared at herself in the mirror.

She examined the green jumpsuit she was dressed in. It wasn't too comfortable, but was simple enough and classy enough. She liked it.

The time read 8:00 PM, and she heard him pulling up to her home. She looked out of her window, and sure enough the Director was arriving at the curb.

"I have to go, Mia. The director is here." She Said. "Okay, let me know what happens." Said Mia. Secretary May ended the phone call. She walked outside, down the stairs. She approached the Director. "Hello, director." She said respectfully. He looked up at her and noticed her outfit. "I see you went with a comfortable style, Secretary May." He Said.

She sighed inside her head. "I assume that where we are going is far away, Director?" She Asked, signaling to his car. He adjusted his tie. "Oh, no. We are walking." He Said. "Walking?" She Asked. She enjoyed walking to places, looking at the scenery that surrounded her. She was very surprised that he suggested it.

"Yes. It is a good source of exercise." He Said. She nodded. "Where are we going tonight, Director?" She Asked. "I'm glad you asked, Secretary May." He Said. He reached into his suit jacket, and took out a folded piece of paper. He shook the paper, making Secretary May jump. It was a long list of activities.

The agenda for tonight is:

•A sail on a luxury cruise with a finishing of a fudge infused dessert.

•A helicopter ride to Brooklyn to see the view of the city from one of the highest sky scrapers

•A dinner inside of a premium restaurant with a jazz musician-

Secretary May put her finger up to his face. "Forgive me, but I have no plans on doing any of that." She Said. He raised an eyebrow, and began to fold the paper back up. He then put it back into his suit jacket. "Very well, then. What do you want to do?" He asked.

She was surprised that he had asked. "What do I want to do?" She Asked. "I am fine with going along with your plans tonight." He Said. She let out a single chuckle. She then noticed that he was serious. "You're serious, Director?" She Asked. He gave a single nod, his expression still the same with certainty.

"Then...how about we go to eat?" She suggested. "I agree, it is the perfect night for a meal." He Said. She knew that he wouldn't feel comfortable in a restaurant that wasn't classy. And even though Secretary May was a classy person, she didn't feel that her foods from restaurants had to always be five star.

"What about, a restaurant that me and my sister enjoy? Although I don't believe it is your usual setting, Sir." She Said. He stared at her for a moment, letting out an exhale. He quickly grabbed her wrist, tugging her gently down the sidewalk.

"Perfect! We shall head there!" He Said. "But, it's the opposite direction." She Said. "Ah Yes, I know." He Said, turning around and going the opposite way, then continuing to tug her. She couldn't prevent smiling, and neither could he.

|||

They arrived at the restaurant walking side by side. A small eatery with seats outside and loud bustling people was in front of them. The director looked up at the building in confusion. "This is the restaurant?" He asked, turning to face her. He smelled some sort of scent of what seemed like bacon. "What do they serve here?" He asked. "Pig feet." Said Secretary May confidently, searching for his reaction. He looked at her quickly, his face turning stiff.

"P-pig feet?" He asked. He has never tried something like that before, and there was a reason he avoided doing so. "My sister and I enjoy coming here. My dad used to like them back home." She Said. "If this makes you uncomfortable, we can always go somewhere more up to your taste, Director." She suggested. Although any given time he would jump at that opportunity, this time he held off.

He stared at her. He gulped, rubbing his face. He faced her. "Tonight, I am going to eat pig feet with you." He Said. Her eyes widened. He looked at the restaurant, his face turning into determination. He walked away from her, towards the building. At first he nearly missed the entrance, being confused by the astray of people sitting at the front.

He swiftly walked through, and inside. Secretary May laughed lightly, then following behind.

In the crowded and small restaurant, Secretary May and the Director waited in silence as their food was being prepared. The seats were small and low to the ground. The director sat stiffly with his posture straight, his arms crossed, and his eyes darting around in unfamiliar location.

"You don't look very comfortable, Director." She Said, examining his body language. "I am very comfortable." He Said, placing his elbow on the side of the table. It slipped off of the edge, making the director sit back up quickly and awkwardly looking around him. Secretary May smiled slightly. He couldn't prevent smiling slightly at her as well.

"Me and my sister enjoy cozy restaurants like this. Although the food might be bizarre to some, it actually has good taste." Said Secretary May. "I am not used to trying new foods. I enjoy my limited food choices." He told her.

The waiter brought them their plates of food, and the Director stared wide-eyed at the three small pig feet sitting on the plate. He looked back up at Secretary May, as if waiting for her to give him some sort of direction.

She began to cut carefully around the bone of the meat, shaving off layers of meat in such a smooth way that the Director has never seen before. "You have gained a lot of experience with this I see." He Said. She smiled. "You try, Director." She Said.

"Ah, Yes." He Said. He tried to cut into the meat, but he couldn't seem to grip it onto the fork, despite his common sense knowledge on how to use a fork. He let out a chuckle. Secretary May watched, trying not to laugh.

Secretary May reaches towards his utensils. "Allow me to help you, Sir." She Said. She gently removed the knife and fork from his hand, and began to shave the meat from around the bone for him. He watched her. He felt light, feeling his heart beginning to beat with no pain.

"See?" She Asked him. "Now, you just dip it into the sauce." She Said, signaling towards the brown sauce that came with the meal. "And.." She Said, sipping the meat into the sauce and then placing it into her mouth. She looked satisfied from the taste.

She grabbed his fork, placed it into meat on his plate and dipped it into the sauce, then handing it to him. "I know you are very picky, Sir. But at least give it a try." She suggested.

He slowly grabbed the fork from her hands, then raising it up to his mouth. He slowly placed the meat onto his tongue, then beginning to chew. He was surprised by the taste. "This...is actually quite good." He Said.

She smiled, clapping her hands together. "I'm so glad you like it." She Said. "Wow, I did not expect this to taste so well." He Said. "The texture is quite smooth. The flavor is strong but subtle. Not very salty or greasy." He Continued.

"Next time, we should try a different place." He Said, as if interested in other locations as well. "Next time?" She Asked.

"Yes, next time." He Said. She was confused, but she decided not to answer. Instead she was focusing on enjoying her meal. "I've been a picky eater since I was a child. It runs within my family. Things like this were considered meals of the un-wealthy." He Said.

She couldn't deny that she wasn't surprised. She knew he had to get the self-absorbed attitude of his from birth, not just overnight. "But, I do enjoy this." He Said, making her satisfied once again.

|||

The director and Secretary May walked out of the restaurant, their stomachs full and their appetites fulfilled. "Oink!, hm.." he said, reading the title of the restaurant. "What satire for a restaurant." He Said.

"Are we heading back, now?" He asked. Secretary May nodded. "Yes, I have to pack bags for the weekend business trip tomorrow." She Said. The director tried not to think about it. He tried to avoid it. He turned to her. "No need to remind me. I have excellent memory." He told her, although it had a hint of sadness. She nodded.

They continued to walk. Something bright in the distance caught Secretary Mays attention. It was a game machine outside of a busy arcade. The loud music from inside attracted them towards it.

"Oh! Look Director, it's a game machine!" She Said, beginning to approach it while he followed behind.

The label read 'Master Key' where players have to stick a key perfectly into a slot in order to win a prize.

The director grinned as he watched her place a coin into the machine, it lighting up and music beginning to play louder.

He watched as her eyes lit up while she moved the joystick to control the golden key. "This machine is giving away necklaces as prizes. They are real material, too." She Said. She attempted to insert the key, but failed.

She let out a sigh, and placed another coin into the machine. "It has been a few years since I played. I will win soon." She Said, beginning to play again. She lost once more, and let out an innocent huff of frustration.

The placed in another coin, and began to play. The director attempted to guide her. "Over to the left. Now the right. The right again. Stop. Now, insert." He Said. She pressed the button to insert the key, it being inches from going into the keyhole. The director let out a huff.

They tried once again, and let out groans of frustration. "There is something you are not doing correctly." He told her. "I feel as if I'm aiming the correct way." She Said. "But you do not see the key from my perspective. Games like this require specific precision." He Said.

She then felt him push her slightly out of the way after growing frustrated with watching her consistently lose. She stared at him in surprise. "Watch me, Secretary May." He Said. He squatted down-despite how tightly his suit-pants were- and began to play. He adjusted his suit as he stared at the machine with concentration.

"I am the most perfect game player. I always win against machines." He Said, pressing the button to enter the key whilst being rather sure of himself. Yet, another failed attempt. He tossed up his hands in annoyance, smiling to himself at him swallowing his own words. Secretary May laughed lightly at him. "I'm trying again. This time, I will win you a necklace." He Said, beginning to play again. He once again failed, and tossed his head back in confusion.

"Allow me to try." Say Secretary May, sliding in front of him once he stepped back momentarily to give his reaction to his own loss.

"Secretary May, If I- the best game player- cannot win, why assume you can?" He asked. "I want to keep trying until I win." She Said. "But you do not see my perspective." He told her. "You do not see mine either, Director." She Said.

Once she had lost again, she groaned. The director became anxious to win. He didn't care as much about the necklace as he did about winning. He wanted to win for his own satisfaction. [play song] Secretary May felt strong hands on hers, and breathing on her neck.

She perked up, and her eyes widened. "You are doing it wrong." Said the Director from behind her. She looked down at his hands on top of hers, strong and warm, not to mention soft. She had forgotten how soft they felt since that night he held her hand.

She paused. She felt his breath, and she felt his body heat close to her. She watched as he began to move to joysticks around to his own preferred position. She closed her eyes, feeling her cheeks heating up. She exhaled.

He himself wasn't paying much attention to what he was doing. He was only focused on winning. But once he felt her body move against his chest, he looked down at her immediately.

He stared at her. He has never done this to a woman before. This felt unfamiliar, but at the same time he felt comfortable. She felt caught off guard and she wasn't sure if what was happening was right, but for some reason she couldn't refuse.

She felt her mind telling her to move, but her heart felt at ease. He stared at the side of her face as he spoke, inhaling the mango scent of her hair. "To the left.." he said. "To the left.." she repeated. "And now to the right..." He Said. "Right..." she repeated. "Now up.." He Said. "Up..." she repeated. He moved the joystick in those directions.

She felt his glare, and she turned to meet eye contact with him. They were face to face, lips inches away. She slowly pushed the button on the key insert as they remained staring at each other.

The machine exclaimed: 'Winner!' As the key turned and the box with the necklace dropped down into the prize shoot. The machine began to light up extraordinarily.

Secretary May turned back to the machine after hearing the sound, and she gasped as her face began to turn into a smile. The director backed away, him still looking at her in the same hypnotic expression.

"We won!" She exclaimed, leaning down to grab the box from the prize shoot. She removed the necklace from the box, staring at it. "These always just seemed to catch my eye. I could always purchase one of my own but I've been trying to win one since I was a child." She Said, attempting to put it around her neck.

"Allow me." She Director Said, stepping behind her and hooking the necklace together. She turned, smiling up at him respectfully. "Thank you." She Said. He tried not to feel out of place after the moment they just had. "We should continue back." He Said, walking ahead of her. She scurried to his side, the heart shaped necklace dangling against her neck.

"I know you are pleased to have won thanks to my excellent precision." He Said, smiling to himself. "Yes, Director I appreciate it." She Said, as they walked side by side down the street.

|||

They arrived back at her home, and they both looked up at the building as they approached it. She stepped back. "I had a good time, Director. I appreciate it." She Said. "Next time it will be better." He Said. "Director, I never asked. What do you mean by 'next time'?" She Asked.

He looked at her as if it was obvious. "Well, Secretary May. One date is far too simple." He Said. "Date?" She Asked. He walked up to her. "Secretary May, I thought I was clear when I said I want to go on dates with you." He Said. She looked surprised.

She shyly looked around. "But this...is a date...a real one- Yes, a real one. I want to continue it." He Said, confidently.

She let out an awkward chuckle, putting her hair behind her ear. "You want to do things like this more often?" She Asked. "Yes." He Said bluntly. "How can you come out of the blue, saying something like this?" She Asked, chuckling to herself.

"Then I will ask." He Said. "Secretary May, do you want to go on another date sometime soon?" He asked her. She stopped chuckling. She noticed he seemed genuine. He put his hands into his pockets.

"Spending time with you is fine Director." She Said. Although it was Said like an agreement, the tone was of a simple input.

He decided to leave it at that. He didn't want to be forceful or intrusive. He only nodded.

"Goodnight, Secretary May. You should go inside and rest, now." He Said. "Alright, Goodnight Director." She Said, turning away and heading towards her door. Before she went up the stairs, she turned and faced him. "Director?" She Asked. "Yes, Secretary May?" He Replied. "I really enjoyed tonight." She Said, smiling at him.

He chuckled as he started smiling as well. "I did as well." He Said. She went inside, and he began to feel his heart beating tremendously. He put his hand on his chest. "Sleep well." He Said, looking up at her window.

|||

Secretary May sat on her bed after preparing, and she thought about what the Director said about going on more dates. She did have a lot of fun tonight, truly. She didn't have a reason not to do it again. Especially with how he makes her laugh, or smile, or blush.

She turned over as she smiled as she fell asleep, trying her hardest not to envision when he stood behind her at the game machine. Or when his elbow slipped off the table in the restaurant and made her laugh. She especially tried not to think about how this was a first date, and if there will be anymore after that.

She couldn't prevent feeling her cheeks rush with red as she dozed off, her heart beating swifter than usual.

|||

To Be Continued.

Yes, this chapter was supposed to be published yesterday! But I am so sorry I couldn't live up to my promise lol, but I hope this made up for it! How was it? Comment down below!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 2.6K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. πŸ”₯ Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language β€’ 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
774K 42.8K 87
Shorter chapters so don't let the amount of chapters keep you from starting this story. ⚠️ Mature Content πŸ‘ Rated # 2 in Sexy February 2019 πŸ† R...
456K 27.2K 33
Victoria, a 26 year old medical billing and coding specialist, has had enough with her current position in life. Her boyfriend of six years hasn't be...
72.2K 3.3K 23
From hating his boss to fake dating him. What could go wrong? Secretary Andrew is the perfect secretary. Intelligent, resourceful, and beloved by the...