Expecting the Unexpected (Bak...

By LadysDaze

"Hey... you like fucking coffee?" Had you known that Bakugou's request toward you as you both held onto your... More

A Warning Before Reading This Book
A Warning to Future Readers... Again
Week 9
Week 10
Week 13
Week 16
Week 18
Week 20
Week 22
Week 24
Week 26
Week 29
Week 30
Week 31
Week 33
Birth
Newborn
Three Months
Six Months
Eight Months
Nine Months
Eleven Months
Fifteen Months
Seventeen Months
Twenty Months
Twenty-Four Months (Part 1 Finale)
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 13
Week 18
Week 21
Week 25
Week 29
Week 33
Week 40
Birth (Part 2)
Newborn (Part 2)
Month 1
Month 3
Month 6
Month 9
Month 12
Month 15
Month 18
Month 21
Month 24
Month 38
Month 39
Month 40
Finale
Bonus #1
Bonus #2
Bonus #3
Bonus #4
Bonus #5
Bonus #6
Bonus #7
Bonus #8
Bonus #9
Bonus #10

Week 11

31K 1.2K 1.4K
By LadysDaze

Ch.3- Week 11

He didn't know what was grossing him out more at this moment, the appearance of lovey-dovey couples sitting happily together trying to decide on what name sounded better, the little images of storks carrying babies in various colors imprinted onto the wall, or that the chair he was sitting in seemed to have been the victim of juice being spilled on it by some little brat... now making it sticky.

Bakugou was close to fuming and the pair of you had only been sitting in the office of the obstetrician for ten minutes. He was always one to show up early to things, so despite the appointment being at noon, he and you had arrived at a quarter till and take your seats. You seemed to be doing okay, idly flipping through a magazine you had found on a coffee table. Your eyes wide as you saw it was a fairly popular parenting magazine.

He understood why though... it had been a week since he had found out himself and neither one of you had really tried to have that big "Are we going to be parents or not" talk. In the end... you and he had promised that after this appointment, and seeing how far along you were... would help determine and push both of you into deciding what you were doing.

And so Bakugou sat here beside you. His carmine eyes catching onto another young couple a little further away. The female looked tired, trying to hush a small whining infant in her arms, but the little thing wasn't calming down. She looked tired and just done... and Bakugou couldn't help but feel bad for her. Him... the guy who usually never expressed pity, feeling bad for this young woman who had to deal with a crying and smelly baby.

He was about to write it off as another example as to why he was leaning more towards the 'I don't want a damn kid' argument when the father of the baby gently took them from their mother's arms. He laughed slightly, the baby quiets down right away and then laughing. The little thing's laugh chimed like a soft bell, making the male raise an eyebrow. Well... the kid had a cute laugh.

His baby would have a much better laugh though-

He shook his head, trying to rid himself of those thoughts. Where the hell and when the hell did they even start to come? He had never been the type to think he would ever gets obsessed with kids... hell, he hated them with a passion in high school and to some extent still didn't like to be around a lot of them for long... but being a hero meant lots of kid fans. If he liked any kind of kid... it was the kids who thought he was a cool hero.

So, it was as if baby fever was an actual illness and ever since he found out he had contracted it. This entire week... he was on edge and not in a way he usually was. He was cautious when he was out in the field, going as far as to not attack head-on, but rather try to take down criminals from afar. And seeing that little baby and dad playing was only making him worse.

He needed to stay focused on the reality of parenthood though... that it was a nightmare. Especially if it was his kid. He knew of the strange relationship he and his mother had... and also of his unusual upbringing with her. And the last thing he wanted was to put you into the position his father had felt for years: forced peacemaker.

Most importantly... he didn't want to treat his kid the way his mother had for him.

He loved his mother, and was grateful to her in many ways, but... at the same time, seeing how many things he and she had in common... he knew he would not be a patient person like her. And thus... that meant he wouldn't be a good parent.

And that was the reality. He would make for a bad dad.

"Bakugou?" A nurse walked out, looking towards the sitting couples and a few kids.

"Here." You squeaked, looking nervous.

The nurse smiled towards you both, waving you both back towards a room. You grabbing your small amount of things and Bakugou following, hands stuffed into his pockets. The room you both were led to was a standard patient room: white and beige walls, some informative posters, and the medical equipment.

You took a seat on the examination table, Bakugou taking a seat next to you. You locked eyes with him for a second and then both of you looked away. It was still a bit weird... and this was something neither of you had ever really talked about doing, thus neither of you really knew what to do or say to the other. Thus, it was an awkward silence.

Luckily the doctor was in soon. She walked in with an air of expertise and greeted you both with a smile. She had a pair of fluffy white feathers growing from behind her sky blue hair, but other than that she looked fairly humanoid.

"Bakugou-san and Bakugou-san." She nodded to you both, grabbing her swivel chair and taking a seat on it, resting her chin on the backrest. "So... we're here for our first checkup, right?"

"U-um yes..." You nodded to her. "We... we wanted to know how far along I am... and if... well if..."

"If abortion is still a viable option?" The young doctor spoke, seeing your and Bakugou's eyes widen.

She chuckled slightly. "Society, especially here in Japan, has made the topic quite silent... but asking about this option is actually very common, especially around couples your age. And don't feel bad either, it's your decision not only as a woman but also as an adult."

She spun her chair to look at Bakugou. "And seeing how you're not protesting or trying to persuade her out of it, I can tell you two must be on the same page. That's great! I love couples who can actually communicate! Especially when it involves bringing a bundle of joy into this world!"

She stood up from her seat, walking towards you. "Now... let's run some tests and see how far along you are."

~~~~~

"Well, I've got good news and I've got bad news." The doctor spoke, looking at your results as you sat next to Bakugou, your hand held into his. "The good news- you're about 11 weeks along or nearly three months. The bad news... since you're nearly out of the first trimester... it means a procedure to terminate the fetus will cost around 200,000 yen or more depending on any issues or complications."

You and Bakugou sighed, that was not as bad as either of you had been expecting. And honestly... you both were good savers and had an emergency fund... that would be paying for whatever procedure you both decided to go with.

Your doctor spoke of a few more things, not trying to sway either of you to one side or the other. Sharing information on what it would entail for either choice and how she could answer any question either of you had to the best of her ability.

"How long do we have... until we can't-" Bakugou did a strange hand gesture. "You know... that option."

"Legally... 22 weeks. Unless for a serious medical reason, the government does not allow us to legally remove a fetus after 22 weeks. So... you both technically have 11 more weeks to decide. But, I would pick sooner rather than later.

Especially since if you decide to have the baby... it's best to start preparing now."

The two of you finished up with her soon afterward, your doctor giving the parting words of you both making sure yourselves and each other were okay with whatever decision you made in the end. The train ride home was long and basked in more silence as you both were deep in thought of what you wanted to do... and what your partner would want.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" You asked your husband as you sat beside him on a bench in the local park.

Your cravings had come in strong in the recent weeks... and apparently, takoyaki with peanut sauce was what was making your stomach growl from the summer food stall. So now you sat, stuffing your face happily and Bakugou watching you. His lips pulling into a slight smirk, seeing the stupid face you made when you were eating.

"Idiot." He breathed, rubbing away some of the mayo topping from the corner of your mouth as you dipped another fried octopus ball into the peanut sauce.

You giggled. "Look at you, already cleaning faces like a dad would."

You had no idea the weight that comment would make... and yet as the moment passed by, it seemed to slowly become much more to bare. As if... things were slowly starting to become much more clear sitting here on this calm park bench and actually talking about things.

"If you... if you had to pick without my influence or emotions or own thoughts tied onto it..." You breathed out slowly. "What would you choose?"

Bakugou shut his eyes, scrunching them together. Why the fuck was this so hard? It honestly should not be! It should be as easy as him clobbering some villain into the dirt! He knew what he wanted... so, why couldn't he just say it?

"I've known since I was in middle school that I never wanted any fucking kids..." He breathed out, aware of how you face fell slightly. "When we were in UA, I saw first hand how bratty and entitled the kids of then were... and I can't imagine what they might be like now..."

"I had no idea you felt that strongly about kids..." You breathed, getting ready to tell him that you were fine with what he was leaning towards.

"I never wanted fucking kids... but-" He inhaled a deep breath, looking towards you with an intense look, one with burning crimson hues. "I... I can't take my fucking mind off the thought of how fucking cute our kid would be... how even though I'm a fucking asshole at times, my kid would be fine cause you'd be the mom."

Your eyes widened and your heart jumped a little bit. You hadn't realized until he was speaking so positively about it... that you had already decided on what you had wanted. Your hand raising to his, snatching it and then placing it on your stomach gently.

"The hell are you doing?" Bakugou's eyes twitched, seeing you looking at him with a tearful expression. "This also looks fucking weird..."

"Oh shut up would you!" You yelled at him, laughing slightly at the end. "Now hurry and just spit it out! A-are we going to have a baby together or not?"

Bakugou shrugged. "Old Hag has been asking about grandkids anyway... this will at least get her off my damn back..."

You lightly slapped the ash blonde's shoulder. "Be serious! And say it yourself! I won't do it unless I hear you admit to wanting a baby too!"

Bakugou looked at you in a displeasing way, muttering something to himself before clearing his throat. When he did, you watched and listened to him with your full attention, wanting to hear every single word, expression, and tone he was about to express to you.

"Fine." He sighed, looking irritated. "I want a damn kid with you... and only fucking you. No one else could fucking give me damn baby fever... weird ass woman I married..."

You smiled gently but soon erupted into laughter. Holding onto your stomach and releasing his hand, Bakugou watched as you let out all your joy and relieved the stress that had been weighing down on you these last two weeks.

He hadn't seen it before... but you had been holding a lot in. He blinked slowly, knowing that know that he was doing this... he'd have to be better for you. He'd have to be better for the both of you.

So for now... the least he could do was let you laugh and continue to feast on your gross food combinations.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 372 21
MATURE CONTENT NOW ON PATREON (link in bio for access to a smut chapter) "And now, his lips were stained with the thought of something that'd crossed...
41.9K 976 12
You, a girl who is socially awkward, undeniably introverted and a bit shy. Meets a guy who's explosive, aggressive personality and straightforwardnes...
265 11 3
When you met Bakugo on your first day of school he seemed.. intersting to you. After your first training fight together the two of you started to gro...
287K 9.8K 43
[Inspired by @azreto's AU on tumblr] Soulmates don't discover their significant other until the age of 18. Difficult for most but never stopped many'...