[KiriBaku] The Heartbreak Cha...

By Not_Sweets

It was just a small challenge. Two weeks of not seeing each other. No communication between them. But that ch... More

Challenge Accepted
Second Thoughts
Day 1
The Greatest Wingman
Saltmates
To hell and back
Unnecessary
Something's off
A poem for the fallen
Ghosts of Fuck
Christmas Special
Spicy stuff
Return from Heat
Engines on
Ready, Set, BANG
Regret and Waiting
Caring Souls
Thursday- Boom Boom
Bakugou Strips in Kiri's Livingroom
Shower Thoughts
Soon Enough
Rip My Chest Open
Challenge Completed

Pillars of Love

4.7K 256 266
By Not_Sweets

Mitsuki cupped her son's cheek with her hand and gently made him look up at her.

"Katsuki- please-"

She was so worried for her son, her baby. Brat none the less but still her mother's love would never reject him.

Though it seemed like someone was.

Someone was hurting her son.

She needed to do something, anything.

"Kat- Kitty-Kat." The English nickname was something she picked out when she was abroad for a work trip. It was one of those embarrassing nicknames that reminded you of better times.

Katsuki let his tears fall, it wasn't a silent cry. It was painful, full of gasps for air and shaking. Mitsuki pulled her son into an embrace as she softy rubbed his back while muttering soothing words.

She felt him flinch when she grazed over upper back near his neck, she flashbacked to the times she had hit him there.

She started to cry as well. Maybe that area would forever be scarred because of her way of discipline.

Yet, her son still stayed in her arms. He may be a bit of a drama king but she didn't know what he was feeling, and if sobbing in the rain helped him then she would stay with him. How ever long he needed.

Now... to Katsuki.

Imagine. Imagine if your world was made on top of pillars. You live above these pilers but they keep you up. They are your support. These pillars are things like, sleep, food, family, friends. Some pillars are wider or thinner than others but they all keep you up. They all keep you happy.

But... What if a pillar suddenly is destroyed or damaged?

What if, your parents are getting a divorce, and that family pillar cracks or half of it falls over. That pillar affects everything. Your sleep pillar may start to be damaged, or prehaps you eat less.

Your world tilts without your pilars. Sure after some time then they will be rebuilded, often not with the same materials but with something eles. Sometimes you find your family in your friends. Or maybe you get more sleep after a day of indulging in your hobbies pillar.

Before you heal though, your world tilts. Weither it's a small amout or a giant pillar crashed bellow you. Things are different, things are confusing.

Bakugou has had pillars crash before.

Pride.

Pride was a huge pillar to be damaged.

Even then he hadn't handled the change well.

Now... now Kirishima.

He helped fix pride. Not to increase it, just to make his friend feel confident.

Friend.

A main pillar in most people's lives is friendship.

Kirishima was the one who had to fix the infected, fallen pillar of friendship that was lefted behind back in Bakugou's childhood.

He had slapped on his own cheerfully red flex tape and helped concrete a new friendship. It lead to Bakugou being able to let others in.

His dumbasses.

...

His friends.

He had been happy.

...

If only that Shitty Hair hadn't made a brand new pillar from the ground up.

It was a feeling. A feeling that people around the world will always tell you, takes over when you least expect it.

A feeling that makes people do crazy things. Heros, Villains, Civilains.

Something that makes teenagers panic and agree to do unessicary challenges just to get a moment away from a cute redhead or blonde who can make one and other's heart beat right out of their chest.

And believe me, that's something even Recovery Girl can't heal.

Yes yes. If you didn't already know.

Bakugou Katsuki had fallen hard for the boy next door.

And it was about time he talked about it.

"Mom I-"

"-don't feel good." Kiri groaned as he looked around his childhood bedroom for his old Crimson Riot alarm clock.

"My head is trying to use self-destruct!" He eventually sat up but his vision was so blurry that he had to lay back in bed and wait.

Kirishima gave a childish pout after seeing it was his Ma coming to check on him instead if his Mom. His Ma was wonderful of course- but she also punched him after every check-in since she was sure that a punch with her gauntlet was some form of good luck.

Kiri pushed his bangs back so his Ma could feel his forehead again.
"Did Mom leave for work yet?"

"Yeah you slept right through it! It's almost 9am, kiddo!"

Eijirou bolted up, "But school!" And Rubi pushed him back down. "We already called, no school for you today, you're sick."

"Sick!?" Recovery Girl had always kept each student in top condition so it had been awhile since Kirishima had actually fallen ill. Bakugou had been doing some falling too but not the same kind. "What did Mom say?"

"She said for you to take the fever medicine which I'll give to you and to put on cold compresses so you stay here and I'll get you some breakfast." She noticed his small pout was still stuck.

"I'm sorry Ei. You know if we both could take the day off we would but Mom's gotta work. But hey! If you want I could call your friend Mina and have her bring over some of your friends afterschool!"

Kiri stopped pouting and gave a semi-bright smile, he was still sick afterall. "Yeah! I'd love it!"

Rubi nodded with a little extra pep, as she left the room there was a pause when she gave her son a teasing look to say, "Maybe she'll bring the blonde hedgehog~"

"MA!" Kiri threw a his ladybug pillowpet at her as she slipped out of the doorframe.
_________________________________________

"-can't tell you."

Mitsuki bit her bottom lip just like her son sometimes would subconsciously do when he was trying to hold back, which is rare to say the least.

"Why-"

"-yet. I'm gonna figure out how to deal with this. By myself. Then I'll tell you."

"Kat-"

He cut her off again. "Two weeks. I'll update you in two weeks."

"Update me? You better have got more than that to convince me to leave." She pulled back from their hug and that probed Katsuki to move out completely and pick up the dropped umbrella.

"Oi, don't worry I'm fine."

Mitsuki scoffed. "Like I'm going to believe that. I'm not leaving until I see a spark in your eye."

Bakugou wiped his face with his sleeve before glarring at his mother. He shook off his weak side and nodded. "Two weeks and I'll be really fine, okay old hag?"

She grinded her teeth a bit. The brat almost opens up but decides to deal with it on his own?

"Katsuki you know you have your Father and me for help."

"I know I know. But I'm doing this by myself."

"Kat. You do everything by yourself! You never ask for help! The last time you asked me for something was... to open a pickle jar. When you were 10. I'm-"

"If I don't fuck up then in three weeks I'll bring home a boyfriend."

"..."

Bakugou had wiped his tears away. Now he was standing sturdy in the rain, looking his mother right in the eye and there wasn't a spark in his eyes.

There was an explosion.

She didn't need to hide her smile, but she did hide the burning question of 'is that who hurt you?'

"Three weeks?"

"Yeah. I'll bring him home in three."

"And you'll update me in two?"

"Yeah."

"...deal."

It looked like he won but only for a millisecond because Mitsuki raised her finger and with a commanding hand, "But he'll have to stay for dinner."

Katsuki thought for a moment before shaking her hand. "Agreed." then muttered, "...bitch".

He got smacked real fast, "No problem, Brat." Bakugou practically barked as he rubbed his neck. "Go home, Hag!"

"No until I see you inside."

"Ugh. Fine." He handed her the umbrella and hurried across the pavement to the U.A. dorms.

Unfortunately Aizawa was standing there in all his beanbag glory.

"How's the staying out past curfew going?" His eyes were even more dead than normal after having to get up because of his student's bullshit.

"Oh shit-"

"Speaking of, you'll be in detention cleaning the restrooms all across campus for the rest of the week."

"WHAT?! FOR BREAKING ONE CURFEW?"

"FOR CAUSING A PANIC!"

"I'M NOT PANICKED?"

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING!?"

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING? YOU'RE THE TEACHER-"

"Love you, Brat!!" Mitsuki chuckled to herself as she left her son to deal with the tired/pissed parent of Class 1A.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 522 37
Understanding Katsuki Bakugou certainly was a challenge. But there still somehow had to be a way to learn how Ochakos classmate thinks just so she co...
63 2 11
A bad day can change everything, especially when someone can help you pick up the pieces. But people aren't always what they seem and have layers far...
3.4K 66 31
Your last year at UA was supposed to be the best one yet, you were close to graduation and class 3-A was certain that it would be a year none of you...
912 30 15
Crushes were hard, especially when it was your childhood friend you'd bullied for years. Bakugo should've known this. He didn't. He didn't, not tru...