Pillars of Love

Mitsuki cupped her son's cheek with her hand and gently made him look up at her.

"Katsuki- please-"

She was so worried for her son, her baby. Brat none the less but still her mother's love would never reject him.

Though it seemed like someone was.

Someone was hurting her son.

She needed to do something, anything.

"Kat- Kitty-Kat." The English nickname was something she picked out when she was abroad for a work trip. It was one of those embarrassing nicknames that reminded you of better times.

Katsuki let his tears fall, it wasn't a silent cry. It was painful, full of gasps for air and shaking. Mitsuki pulled her son into an embrace as she softy rubbed his back while muttering soothing words.

She felt him flinch when she grazed over upper back near his neck, she flashbacked to the times she had hit him there.

She started to cry as well. Maybe that area would forever be scarred because of her way of discipline.

Yet, her son still stayed in her arms. He may be a bit of a drama king but she didn't know what he was feeling, and if sobbing in the rain helped him then she would stay with him. How ever long he needed.

Now... to Katsuki.

Imagine. Imagine if your world was made on top of pillars. You live above these pilers but they keep you up. They are your support. These pillars are things like, sleep, food, family, friends. Some pillars are wider or thinner than others but they all keep you up. They all keep you happy.

But... What if a pillar suddenly is destroyed or damaged?

What if, your parents are getting a divorce, and that family pillar cracks or half of it falls over. That pillar affects everything. Your sleep pillar may start to be damaged, or prehaps you eat less.

Your world tilts without your pilars. Sure after some time then they will be rebuilded, often not with the same materials but with something eles. Sometimes you find your family in your friends. Or maybe you get more sleep after a day of indulging in your hobbies pillar.

Before you heal though, your world tilts. Weither it's a small amout or a giant pillar crashed bellow you. Things are different, things are confusing.

Bakugou has had pillars crash before.

Pride.

Pride was a huge pillar to be damaged.

Even then he hadn't handled the change well.

Now... now Kirishima.

He helped fix pride. Not to increase it, just to make his friend feel confident.

Friend.

A main pillar in most people's lives is friendship.

Kirishima was the one who had to fix the infected, fallen pillar of friendship that was lefted behind back in Bakugou's childhood.

He had slapped on his own cheerfully red flex tape and helped concrete a new friendship. It lead to Bakugou being able to let others in.

His dumbasses.

...

His friends.

He had been happy.