Run and Hide(Completed)

By MaddieRxoxo

COMPLETED. When both Amy and Alan have had enough of their out of control teenage son they send him to Philad... More

Matter Of Time
Beatin' Too Fast
Hide, Run
Losin' Fight
Before They Break
Feelin' and Fallin'
Holdin' Back
Run, Hide
Worth The While
I Wanna Be Loved
Young Hearts
All A Mistake
Love's A Loaded Gun
A Kiss Goodnight
Nobody Wants To Fight
Run and Hide
Sequel

Traded Out

2.8K 54 14
By MaddieRxoxo

This is AU story. Just so you know, Amy and Alan are the ones who moved to New York with their youngest son Josh while everyone else lives in Philadelphia. All the teens including Josh are seniors in high school. The story's title is from the song "Run and Hide" by Sabrina Carpenter and the chapter's titles are lyrics from the song. Please go check out the story "Rescue Me" by Melanie0800.

Disclaimer: I own nothing

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes

Enjoy!

Traded Out

"Josh?"

"Shut up," Josh ordered, keeping his eyes closed. He rolled over, putting his pillow over his head.

"Josh!"

He felt the bed next to him shifted as she moved closer to him and her voice hissed his name again as she started to shake him.

"Josh, I think your mother is coming."

Josh groaned, before taking the pillow off his head and slowly opening his eyes and waited for them to focus. His head was pounding and he felt like shit, but he listened to his mother and father's voices before turning his attention on the brunette next to him. He looked at her trying to remember her name, but got nothing. "You need to get out," he told her, before standing up and starting to get dressed.

The girl sat up covering herself with his sheet. "Are you serious?"

"Well, it's up to you. My mom is moments from walking in here and I'm not sure how she is going to feel finding a naked girl in my bed who's name I don't even remember so you can stay or leave. Either way I don't care."

"Joshua Gabriel Matthews."

Josh rolled his eyes at the sound of his door opening and his mother's voice.

"Could you lower your voice?" Josh asked as he slipped his shirt on.

"No I can't! Maybe if you weren't out all night drinking you wouldn't feel this way. Now, get your behind downstairs right now. We are having a family meeting," Amy began to gripe at him. "And oh-look how nice? You have company," she added with an eye roll as she looked furthered into her son's room.

"Yeah-this is.." Josh looked back at the girl in his bed.

"Sophie," she answered with the best fake smile and wave.

That's it, Josh thought to himself. Her name was Sophie. Not that it matter the more he thought about it.

"Oh, sweetie, I don't need to know your name. Today is Thursday, so, you would be what the fourth different girl my son has had in his bed this week? This will be the first and last time I see you. My son never sticks to one girl."

Josh watched the girl frown, looking away from his mother. He wanted to correct his mother and tell her Sophie was only the third girl this week, but didn't feel it would help the situation.

"You have ten minutes get your butt downstairs!" Amy ordered, before slamming his bedroom door.

Josh winced, his hand going to his head as he cursed. He stared at his door for a moment before looking at the girl in his bed.

"I'm just going to..." Sophie began pointing at his door.

"Yeah," Josh nodded, watching her get dress and hurry out of his room. He sighed before going downstairs to where his parents were waiting for him. "What do you want?" he asked, flopping down on the couch. "And can we make it quick? I got places to be."

Amy glared at her son. "Stop being disrespectful," she demanded and raising her hand for him not to speak when she saw her son's mouth open. He quickly closed it.

"You're out of control," Alan spoke, standing next to his wife. "We obviously can't control you anymore."

Josh rolled his eyes at his father's words.

"You're drinking and partying every night. You've wrecked your car and thank God no one was hurt, you've stolen our credit cards and stole from the store-"

"You have different girls up in your room every single night and God knows where else," Amy added.

"We've had enough. We aren't going to let you continue down this road."

Josh smirked, rolling his eyes. "And what are you going to do?"

"We are sending you to Philadelphia," Alan informed, wiping the smirk off of Josh's face.

"You're sending me away!"

"We have no choice. You gave us no choice."

Josh shook his head, glaring at his parents. "I won't go-"

Amy put her hand on her hip, "Oh, you're going. You don't have a choice."

Josh shook his head, pressing his lips together as the anger boiled up inside of him.

"You're staying with Shawn until Cory is ready to take you in."

Josh rolled his eyes, but then a slight smirk came to his face. At one time Shawn was a rebel so he would understand if he stayed a rebel until he was ready to change.

"Shawn is going to help you turn your life around. He is married now and has a teenage step-daughter-"

"Who you are to leave alone," Amy added. "She is off limits, Joshua, and I mean it."

Josh cross his arms across his chest. He would be living with a teenage girl who had no relation to him. This could be fun. He could have a little fun in Philly then come back. His mind instantly wondering what she looked like.

"Did you hear me?" Amy snapped.

"Yes, I heard you, but I can't help girls just fall for me," he smiled a huge smile. "I walk into a room and throw themselves at me. What am I suppose to do?"

Amy sighed, glaring at her son. "Josh, I mean it."

"Fine," Josh snapped. "I promise to tell her not to fall for me and then it's on her. Deal?"

Both Amy and Alan shook their heads.

"This is a new start for you, Josh," Amy turned her tune and spoke to her son more softly. "Take it. Learn from it. Become the man we know that you can be."

Alan nodded from his spot next to her. His eyes pleading with his son.

Josh looked at both of his parents. The man they wanted him to become was long gone. This was who he was now and they needed to accept it. He was who he was no matter where he lived or who he lived with. He knew the sooner he went to Philadelphia the faster he would be back in New York.

"When do I leave? So I can get this over with."

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Maya hopped into the kitchen, giving her mom a small smile who was at the table enjoying her coffee. She popped in a piece of toast into the toaster, leaning back against the island, her eyes landing on her step-father. She listened to him on the phone as she waited for her toast.

"No. It's no problem. We are more than happy to take him in. He can stay here until Cory is ready for him to move in with him. I know Cory has a lot on his plate right now with Riley."

Maya frowned at her step-father who just smiled at her before she looked over at her mother, mouthing the question of who is he talking to.

Katy gave her daughter another small smile before shrugging. "We will talk about it when your father is off the phone," she mouthed back.

Maya nodded, grabbing her toast when it popped up. "Where's the Nutella?" she began to ask but a huge grin came to her face as her mother held up a new container in the air. "You're the best!" she said, grabbing it as Shawn hung up his phone.

"Family meeting in the living room right now."

Both girls frowned at Shawn.

"Or I guess we could do it in here since we are all in here."

Maya chuckled, shaking her head as she continued to spread Nutella all over her toast. "So what is this family meeting about?" she asked once she took a bite and sat down in her seat across from her mother.

Shawn poured him a cup of coffee before joining his girls at their breakfast table. "I know we should have discussed this before I agreed but I couldn't say no."

Maya scrunched her face up as her step-father had her complete attention as she wonder what was going on. "You couldn't say no to what?"

"I just got off of the phone with Mr. and Mrs. Matthew-"

"Is Riley okay?" Maya snapped cutting him off.

"Not Cory and Topanga but Alan and Amy."

"Oh," Maya said, sitting back. She had met the older Matthews couple a couple of times when she was younger. The last time she saw them was when she was twelve at her mother and Shawn's wedding. She knew Shawn thought very highly of them and heard plenty of stories about them from him. She hoped everything was okay with them.

"Is everything okay?"

Her mother asked, knocking Maya out of her thoughts and asking the question that was on her mind.

"Yes and no. They are fine, but they need our help with their youngest son, Josh."

Maya tried to think of a memory with Josh but couldn't think of one. He was never around the couple of times she saw the older Matthews couple and he wasn't at her parent's wedding. Something about him being at a baseball camp or something. Who knows? He wasn't there and to be honest she kind of forgot he even existed.

"Apparently, he's out of control and they want to get him out of the city. They would turn to Cory but..."

Both Maya and Katy nodded their head. Right now, they were dealing with Riley and it made Maya's heart sink.

"I told them we would take him in until Cory is ready to have him stay with him. I know this is a lot to ask of you two but I know deep down Josh is a good kid. He was an all-star player on his baseball team and a straight A student until he fell into the wrong crowd. He is just in the wrong crowd and needs guidance. Amy and Alan can't give it to him so Cory and I will."

"Okay," Katy said, taking another sip of her coffee before standing and walking over to the sink to pour out the rest of her coffee. "When will he get here?"

"Tomorrow evening."

Katy nodded. "I'll go and get the spare bedroom ready for him, but you need make sure you lie down the rules to him. We aren't going to have him come here and think he can party and be out of control in our household," she told Shawn before walking out of the kitchen.

Both Shawn and Maya watched her leave the room. "Maya?" Shawn asked, his eyes on his daughter.

Maya shrugged. "I don't care."

"He'll be in the same grade as you."

"Okay."

"He'll-"

"Shawn, I don't care he is coming. If he needs my help I'll give it to him. Fine. Whatever."

"I'm laying this down and I'm going to lay it down to him as well. You two are teenagers who's hormones-"

"Oh my God," Maya cut Shawn off, laughing. "Nothing is going to happen between him and I. I don't even remember this kid and in case you have forgotten I have a boyfriend."

"I don't need the reminder about the boyfriend," Shawn grumbled, watching his daughter stand up.

"Who I adore," she sung, grinning.

"Don't need to hear it," Shawn sung back.

"Shawn, I don't care he is coming here. It's only for a couple of months, right? Fine. Whatever. I can deal with it. If he needs help then help him," she told him. "Look, I gotta go," she said, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

Shawn watched his daughter leave the kitchen. He was surprised how well both women in his life handle the news about him volunteering to take Josh in. He just prayed taking in Josh wasn't a mistake that was going to come and bite him in the ass. He had the family he always wanted and the last thing he wanted to do was to do something that could tear them apart.

Please leave a review with your thoughts and if you want me to continue posting my story. If I get enough feedback I'll continue posting. Thank you! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 463 7
Set in between Boy meets world and Girl Meets World. After everyone drifts apart for a few years after they moved to New York, Topanga decides to thr...
303K 5.8K 25
Y/n Y/l/n and Shawn Hunter used to have one of the most epic high-school love stories to exist. Until they had a falling out. Thirteen years later, t...
22.6K 308 29
Taylor spend most of her life living with her mother, He and Her Mom broke up when she was only a baby. Her mother remarry when she was five, and bre...
136K 3.3K 40
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Babies aren't usually a blessing right out of high school but for Maya and Dean, their son was the best thing that could've ever happe...