Humanity 2 "The Betrayal"

By Fiveboyfriends

"My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together." ~Desmond Tutu SEQUAL TO~HUMANITY 1 "TH... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22

Chapter 21

4.6K 120 11
By Fiveboyfriends

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Katherine comments as she stands over me, observing the bite.

"Yep." I state.

"It's not that bad." She scoffs.

"It will be." I stand up and roll my sleeve down to cover up the bite mark.

"So that's it? You're just...going to die?" She questions me.

"Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Me either."

I grab my jacket from the chair and pull it over my shoulders, making my way to the door.

"145 years and no last goodbye?" Katherine asks me and I turn around.

"You don't get a goodbye." I turn away and she vamp speeds in front of me, stopping me from leaving.

"No. Don't leave mad." She pleads.

"Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." I scoff.

I try to leave again but she won't let me. "Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice."

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice." I fire back at her.

"It was me or her. I chose her."

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow, you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?"

"I didn't let love get in the way." She tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." I smirk, walking past her.

ASHLEY'S POV

"Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?" Jenna asks, sitting up and rubbing her head.

"Do you remember what happened?" Elena asks as we sit next to her on the ground.

"You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire." She explains.

"Klaus. It was Klaus." I tell her.

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that." She says, looking around anxiously. "Where are we? What happened?"

Elena takes Jenna's hand to calm her down. "We're at the quarry. He brought us here."

"Why don't I remember anything?" Jenna asks.

"Jenna, do you remember...when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, you have to die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." She pauses, putting the pieces together and my stomach tightens. "Oh, god. He killed me."

"Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me. Everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here." Elena tries to calm her down.

"I'm a vampire?" She asks, tears in her eyes.

"And I bet you're hungry." Greta smirks, walking over to us. I see a sharp rock nearby and I lunge for it.

Greta turns, waving her hand as she throws me through the air. I land on the ground, painfully and a circle of fire appears surrounding me. I look up and see a smilier ring of fire separating Jenna and Elena.

"Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do." Greta says to me.

"Greta...please, just...just let her go." I plead.

She ignores me, slicing her wrist with a rock and moving closer to Jenna. "Klaus chose her." She says and Jenna looks at Greta with hunger in her eyes.

"No." Elena yells. "Jenna, don't." She tries to stop her.

Greta holds her wrist right in front of Jenna's mouth. I can see in Jenna's eyes that she's trying to fight it but she can't. She sinks her teeth into Greta's wrist and Elena cries out. Greta pulls away and Jenna falls to the ground.

"Jenna. It's going to be okay." Elena tells her. "Look at me. Hey, it's gonna be okay."

I feel tears in my eyes as Jenna mouths the word 'no' and I see hunger take over her features.

STEFAN'S POV

Jeremy and Bonnie are in the old witch house looking through all of the grimoires. The goal is to find anything that will keep Ashley from becoming a vampire. Along with that, they want something that might be a little more reliable than Elijah's elixir for Elena.

I'm walking towards the house with Elijah and Ric.

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become a hybrid. But, he will then proceed to drink the blood of the pureblood hybrid to sire his own bloodline." Elijah explains.

"So when do we attack?" Ric asks.

"Elena's death activates his dormant werewolf side. However, he'll be his most vulnerable during the activation of the siring. After Ashley's death. That's when Bonnie comes in."

"And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?" I double check for Elena and Ashley's sake.

"If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself." Elijah reassures me.

My phone starts ringing and I walk away from Elijah and Ric to answer it. It's Damon.

"You're not going to like what I'm about to say." He says on the other end.

"Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?" I ask.

"It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got...complicated."

"We're sticking to the original plan. We're meeting Bonnie right now." I tell him.

"He's got Jenna, Stefan." Damon says with a sigh.

"What?" I ask in shock.

"He got Katherine to lure her out of the house." Damon tells me and I turn around to see Ric looking at me with concern.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Ric asks me.

"He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual." Damon tells me and my heart stops.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

ASHLEY'S POV

I sit in silence as Elena paces back and forth in her circle. Jenna is on her knees, looking at the ground.

"How are you feeling?" I ask Jenna.

"I feel like myself...only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything." She tells me.

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts." I say.

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?" She asks and Elena's ears perk up.

"No! Jenna. I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do." She tells her.

I hear noises off in the distance. People walking and someone yelling in pain.

"Who's that?" Jenna asks and I see Greta come around the corner with Jules.

"The werewolf." I answer Jenna.

Jules falls to the ground near us and clutches her stomach in pain. "What's happening to me?" She asks.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta tells her with a smile plastered to her face. Jules did horrible things to Damon, but she doesn't deserve this. No one does.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." I yell to her.

"My duty is to Klaus! The new order." She says.

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner." I hear a british accent that makes me cringe. I turn to see Klaus walking up to the clearing. "Hello my lovelies. Are we ready?" He smirks at us.

DAMON'S POV

Someone is persistently knocking on my front door and it's getting super annoying. I roll my eyes and walk through the hallway towards the door. I stumble a little bit, but catch myself.

When I pull the door open, Ryan Scott is standing in the doorway.

"Great. I was just thinking about getting a bite to eat." I tease.

"I haven't heard from Ashley since Elena told me everything about her involvement with Klaus. I need to see her." He tells me, stepping inside.

I close the door behind him and turn to face him. "Well, you're a day late and a sister short, Ryan."

"What are you talking about?"

"Klaus has her. Sacrifice goes down tonight." I say bluntly.

His face twists in anger. "How could you let this happen? You were supposed to keep her safe."

"She is safe. I fed her my blood." I tell him and he gets angrier.

"You what?!"

"When Klaus kills Ashley in the sacrifice, she'll come back to life. Granted, as the thing you are the most terrified of her being, but I don't really care what you think." Damn this bite is causing me to be ruder than usual.

I start to walk away from him but he catches my arm. I roll my eyes before spinning Ryan around and slamming him against the wall. "You do not want to mess with me right now." I state.

I release him and he straightens himself out.

"You ruined her life. You know that, right?" He asks me and I take a deep breath.

"I know, Ryan. I took her choice, destroyed her future. Trust me, I get it. I've screwed up her life more times than I can count and I've regretted it every time." I say before walking away.

I finally admitted it. I don't usually admit when I regret stuff. But every single thing that I've ever done to hurt Ashley has hurt me. Usually I don't care, but not with her. With her, everything matters. She matters.

ASHLEY'S POV

"I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." I hear Klaus tell Greta as they stand together on some kind alter made of stone.

"The moon has passed it's apex. Remember everything you need to do?" Greta asks him as he hands her the moonstone.

"I remember." He smirks.

Greta drops the moonstone into a stone bowl of flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone bursts into pieces. She begins chanting and I know this is all about to start.

"Everything I did..." I hear a weak voice and I turn to see Jules looking at me. "I was just trying to help Tyler. I'm so sorry. I just didn't want him to be alone." She tells me, but I can't find words to respond.

"Shall we?" Klaus asks as the ring of fire disappears from Jules.

Her eyes turn yellow and she tries to rush towards Klaus. He doesn't hesitate to pin her to the ground and plunge his fist into her chest. I gasp in horror as her body become cold.

I look at Elena and Jenna who are just as terrified as I am.

STEFAN'S POV

I broke the heartbreaking news about Jenna to Ric and now he's talking to Jeremy about it. That was never supposed to happen. She was never supposed to be a part of this. No one was.

"Why did he take Jenna?" Bonnie asks as I explain everything to her and Elijah in front of the witch house.

"A punishment for meddling." Elijah speaks.

"Klaus was going to use Tyler and Caroline. But Damon rescued them." I explain.

"Then we need to go. Now. Before Jenna's been sacrificed. I can kill Klaus myself." Bonnie says confidently.

"Bonnie...if you use that much power, you'll be dead. We've already been through this. It's not an option."

"Neither is letting Jenna die." She says back.

"Well, Stefan would agree with you." Elijah says.

Bonnie looks confused and I decide to tell her what's going on. "We're going to offer another vampire. One that he'll want more...me."

ASHLEY'S POV

I watch as Klaus holds Jules' heart over the fire, squeezing the blood out.

"Does that mean it's working?" He asks.

"It's working." Greta says in satisfaction.

Elena and Jenna are having a heart to heart and I can't listen to it. It makes me think of Ryan. He has no idea what's going on. I never got to talk to him about this. Elena mentioned it, but he never heard from me. Next time he hears from me...I'll be a vampire.

"You can fight back." I hear Elena say to Jenna. "I'm gonna get through this. I'll be okay. I need to you to believe that. Promise me, when you get the chance..." She lowers her voice. "Run." She whispers.

"Okay." Jenna nods.

STEFAN'S POV

I'm waiting outside to find out where the sacrifice is happening.

"Bonnie did a locater spell. They're at Steven's Quarry." Elijah says, walking over to me.

"I'll head over there first and you'll follow with Bonnie when it's time."

"Just as the moon hits it's final phase. She's to stay hidden until then. He cannot know that she's alive." Elijah confirms the plan. I nod and am about to walk away when he speaks. "You're very honorable."

"Are you?" I ask him. "Because this whole plan is, um, it's contingent upon your honor, Elijah."

"I won't fail you."

"Klaus is your brother. I know I've wanted to kill my brother a thousand times. I've never been able to." I tell him.

"Well, Klaus was not my only brother. I had siblings, parents. I had a family. Over the centuries, Klaus hunted them down and one by one he took them from me. He scattered them across the seas where there bodies could not be found." Elijah explains.

"You want revenge."

"Sometimes there's honor in revenge, Stefan." He smirks. "I won't fail you."

"Please end this." I plead before heading to the quarry.

DAMON'S POV

"He did what?!" I ask Ric.

Ryan made me bring him to the witch house so he could help Bonnie find a away to keep Ashley from becoming a vampire. I figured it was the least I could do. But when I got here, I found out that my brother has decided to play the good guy...shocker.

"He wasn't going to let Jenna die." Ric says firmly.

"We have a witch. She kills Klaus. No one has to die!" I raise my voice.

"Except for Bonnie."

"Goddamn it, Stefan!" I yell, punching my fist through the wall. I wince in pain when the wood makes contact with the bite on my arm.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ric asks me.

"I'm fine." I take a deep breath. "Well, that's my brother for you. Always cleaning up my messes." I say, walking out of the house.

ASHLEY'S POV

Klaus steps down from the alter and makes his way back over to us.

"Hello Jenna." He smiles.

"No." I whisper and he doesn't look at me.

"Let her go." Elena pleads. "I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" Elena walks closer to the flames and they rise up around her.

"Careful." Klaus taunts.

"Elena, don't." Jenna tries to be strong.

"No, Jenna! We can't leave Jeremy without a family." Elena says before turning to Klaus. "I followed your rules. I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please." She begs.

"Well, well." Klaus looks behind us on the top of a hill. "I don't recall you being on the guest list."

I follow his gaze to see Stefan standing at the top of the hill. In an instant, Klaus is gone and when I look up, he's talking to Stefan.

DAMON'S POV

"We found something in the Gilbert journals." Bonnie explains to me as I stand in the basement of the witch house.

"Jonathan Gilbert journaled the story of a mother who called on Emily's services. The woman's baby was sick and dying. Emily cast a spell that would bind the woman's life force with her child." John explains. Did I mention that he's pissed at me too?

"Skip to the save Ashley and Elena part." I demand.

"Well, the child died, but the mother's life force flowed through her, restoring her to life." Ryan explains.

"We already know Ashley's going to come back to life. But she'll be a vampire." Jeremy says what I was thinking.

"Not if her soul remains intact." Ryan adds.

"Her soul, really?" I ask skeptically. "You're going to put your faith in some act of god mumbo jumbo?"

Ryan takes a bold step towards me. "I refuse to let Ashley become the thing I've spent my life learning the horrors of. And you can call it God or mystical energy, whatever you want, but yes...I'm putting my faith in it."

ASHLEY'S POV

"What's going on?" Jenna asks as the three of us watch Stefan and Klaus.

"I don't know." Elena sighs.

"Wait, Jenna, you can hear them." I say. "You can hear anything. Just focus on them."

"What are they saying?" Elena asks her.

"I can't...I can't make it out." Jenna says, closing her eyes.

"You can do this. Just relax. Focus." Elena helps her.

"I can hear him. I hear Stefan." Jenna says after a moment.

"What are they saying?" I ask urgently.

"Oh my god." Jenna whispers in horror. "He wants to take my place."

DAMON'S POV

I watch as Bonnie holds John's head in her hands, chanting a spell. She leaves him sitting in some kind of trance while she does the same thing to Ryan.

"Come on, Bonnie." I snap my fingers at her. "We got a hybrid to kill."

"It's done." She whispers, leaving John and Ryan to wake up. "I'll be back soon."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Jeremy asks her. "No, I'm coming. I need to be there. I need to make sure you guys are okay."

"And who's going to make sure you're okay?" Bonnie asks him.

"I've got my ring. Look, I'm not taking no for an answer." He says and Bonnie kisses him goodbye. Suddenly, Jeremy falls backwards, unconscious. I catch him and place him on the floor next to John and Ryan.

I nod to Bonnie and start walking up the steps with her behind me.

"It's time." Elijah says when we get upstairs.

"Alright. I got weapons in the car." Ric says, following us to the front door.

"Bonnie's the only weapon we need." Elijah tells him.

We exit the house, but Ric gets stuck at the door. He raises his hands in frustration and bangs on the imaginary barrier, trapping him inside.

"Bonnie! What is this?" He asks.

"I can't put anyone else at risk." She tells him.

"I can't stay here with Jenna out there!"

"I'm sorry." Bonnie whispers before turning and walking with Elijah.

"Damon?" Ric asks me.

"Sorry, buddy." I sigh. "She's right."

We start walking to the quarry with the sound of Ric's screams echoing behind us.

ASHLEY'S POV

"I have to do something. This can't happen. None of it." Elena says as Klaus and Stefan come down from the hill.

"Quite the predicament. You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish." Klaus says, happily.

"Stefan..." Elena whispers.

"It's okay." He tells her.

"Well." Klaus starts, pointing a stake back and forth between Jenna and Stefan. "Who's it going to be, Elena?"

"No." I state and his eyes land on me.

"Relax, love, you'll have your turn." He smirks at me and I keep my face firm. He turns back to Elena with the same grin. "Don't worry. There's actually no choice."

I scream as Klaus speeds around Stefan and stakes him in the back. Stefan yells in pain and falls to the ground.

"No! Stefan! No!" Elena yells.

Klaus snaps the stake, leaving a chunk of it in Stefan's back. "I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive. But for now..." He snaps Stefan's neck and Elena begins to cry. "Whenever you're ready, Greta." Klaus calls.

I watch as the ring of fire around Jenna disappears. "Your turn." Klaus tells her.

"No, Jenna." Elena cries.

"It's alright, Elena. I know what I have to do." Jenna says quietly.

Jenna rushes over to Greta and bites into her neck. Greta screams as Klaus rushes over, staking Jenna in the back.

"No!" I yell and Elena falls to the ground in tears.

Jenna struggles for breath as Elena speaks softly to her. "Just turn it off, Jenna. Turn it off. You won't be scared anymore."

Klaus flips Jenna around and stakes her in the heart. Her face turns cold and he drops her to the ground.

"No! Jenna! No!" Elena yells and sobs at the same time as I stand in shock and horror.

Klaus walks back over to us with a smile on his face. "Guess who's next." He smirks at Elena and the ring of fire around her diminishes. "Come, dear, you're the luckiest of them all. Just a quick snap of the neck."

Elena remains on the ground and he grabs her arms, pulling her to her feet.

"Elena." I whisper and she looks at me, tears streaming down her face. "It's gonna be okay." I tell her, the same way she told Jenna.

She gives me a small nod as Klaus places his hands on her neck. "Thank you for your cooperation." He whispers before twisting his hands. I choke back a sob as her body falls to the ground. Dead.

Greta begins chanting the last part of the ritual and the flames around me begin to die down. This is all too much for me and I just want it to be over. I notice Stefan's eyes open and he immediately sees Elena's body lying next to him.

Tears rush to his eyes as he looks up at me. "I'm so sorry." He whispers as Klaus starts walking over to me.

"Are they going to kill him?" I ask softly as I start to cry.

"Yes." Stefan whispers.

"It's time." Klaus says as he motions for me to step forward. He extends his hand for me, but I walk past it, making my way to the alter. "I appreciate your cooperation. I know this was such short notice for you, but me finding you makes this moment ten times better. It gives me purpose." He says triumphantly.

I keep my eyes on the ground as he speaks until he forcefully takes my face in his hands.

"Thank you, Ashley." He whispers.

"Go to hell." I snap.

I focus on a spot behind him as he dips his face down to my neck. I wince in pain as he sinks his teeth into my neck. The pain is excruciating but I don't want to give him that satisfaction. He tightens his grip around me as I feel myself getting limp. My eyes begin to flutter and I know that this is all over. I'm dead.

STEFAN'S POV

I watch in horror as he drops Ashley's body to the ground. I hope Bonnie figured something out. Otherwise, Ashley will come back a vampire and Elena may not come back at all.

"It's happening." Klaus yells. His bones begin to crack and his eyes turn yellow. "Yes!"

Suddenly, he's thrown in the air and I see Bonnie walking down the hill, casting a spell. Damon appears behind Greta and snaps her neck. I watch as his eyes land on Ashley.

DAMON'S POV

I can't believe I let this happen to her. I hurry over to her and scoop up Ashley's lifeless body. I need to get her out of here a soon as possible.

"No! You were dead!" I hear Klaus call to Bonnie. He screams in pain and I kneel down next to Stefan.

I quickly pull the stake out of his back. He walks over and picks up Elena and we both watch as Elijah appears.

"Elijah?" Klaus asks.

"Hello brother." Elijah smiles. He punches his fist into Klaus' chest and is about to remove his heart. "In the name of our family, Niklaus..."

"I didn't bury them at sea!" Klaus calls out. I have no idea what the hell he's taking about.

"What?" Elijah asks.

"Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them." Their family. They're talking about their family. Klaus is bargaining his life. This was not part of the plan.

"Elijah! Don't listen to him!" Stefan calls.

"Elijah. I can take you to them. I give you my word...brother." Klaus says.

"Do it and I'll take you both down." Bonnie threatens.

"You'll die." Elijah calls her bluff.

"I don't care." She fires.

Elijah looks at Klaus and then looks back at all of us. I know what's coming next. "I'm sorry." He says before disappearing with Klaus.

"No!" Bonnie and Stefan both yell. So much for ending this.

RYAN'S POV

I'm sitting in the basement of this abandoned house, writing a short note. Ric is waiting for everyone to come back and Jeremy walks over to me.

"Did you and John read all of this?" He asks, holding up the Gilbert journal.

"We did."

"So you understand what happened to the child's mother after the baby was brought back to life?" He asks me.

"She saved the daughter. She found peace."

"Ryan..." He starts but I cut him off by standing up.

I hand him the piece of paper that I was writing on. "I need you to give this to Ashley for me. And also this." I hand him my ring.

"What's going on?" Ric asks me.

"Take care of her for me." I tell him and he looks at me with confusion. I don't give him time to ask questions, before I walk out of the room.

I hear the door open and when I come up the steps, I see Damon lay Ashley down on the couch. I can't see her. It will make this too hard. I take one last look before walking out of the house without anyone seeing me.

DAMON'S POV

I lay Ashley's lifeless body down on the couch and brush the hair out of her face.

"If you come back as a vampire, I'll stake you myself. So don't." I tease her. "Because I can't stand the idea of you hating me forever."

"How is she?" Jeremy asks from the doorway.

"I don't know yet." I tell her as Ric walks into the room.

"Where's Elena?" He asks.

"Stefan has her." I say, keeping my eyes on the only person that I care about. I keep stroking her face, waiting for her to open her beautiful eyes.

"What about Jenna?" Ric asks and I finally look up at them. I don't say anything and I don't have to.

"No." Ric says as Jeremy's face falls.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

Ric walks out of the room and Jeremy stays quiet. Suddenly, I hear a gasp for breath and when I look down, I see Ashley's eyes snap open.

"Ashley!" I shout.

"What happened?" She asks in confusion.

"How do you feel?" I ask her.

"I feel fine." She says, her voice hoarse. I exchange a look with Jeremy who looks as relieved as I am. I don't hesitate to wrap my arms around her and pull her close to me.

ASHLEY'S POV

I'm standing in my room, placing my earrings in and flattening out my black dress with my hands. I take another look in the mirror before applying a thin layer of lip gloss.

My eyes land on a picture of me and Ryan and I bite the inside of my cheek to keep the tears from coming. They probably won't come at all today because I cried all day yesterday. All he cared about was keeping me alive. He succeeded in doing that and now, he's gone.

I make the mistake of looking at another picture. A picture of my family. Me knowing what they were doesn't change the fact that they were my parents. I loved them and I lost them. I loved Ryan and I lost him. I don't have anyone.

I hear the soft tapping of someone at the door. When I turn my head I see Jeremy.

"I'm almost ready." I whisper.

"Yeah, take your time. Everyone's downstairs whenever you're ready." I nod at him and he's about to walk away but he stops. "Ryan wanted me to give this to you." He hands me a piece of paper and Ryan's ring.

"I'm so sorry that you've lost so many people." I tell him. It's true. I lost Ryan. Jeremy and Elena lost Jenna and John. John did the same thing for Elena that Ryan did for me. Sacrificed his life for hers.

"You're not alone in this." He tells me, walking closer. He pulls me in for a hug and I wrap my arms around him. "I'll be downstairs whenever you're ready to go." He pulls away and I nod.

I unfold the piece of paper and take a deep breath.

'Ashley...when mom and dad died, I knew I would have a huge responsibility having to take care of you. I knew I would have to make sure you went to school and stayed out of trouble. I had no idea that I would have to protect you from the things that you faced. I feel as if I failed you. I feel as if this was the way to fix all of my failures. You deserve a full and happy life. I had mine and I want you to enjoy yours. I know that you will be safe with the people you've surrounded yourself with. Whether you're reading this now as a human or a vampire, just know that I love you more than anything. ~Ryan.'

I'm standing in the cemetery watching as Elena places a rose for Jenna and and a rose for John. Everyone is standing behind us. Stefan, Damon, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Ric.

I take a deep breath before walking up to Ryan's headstone. I place my bouquet of flowers down and I can't stop it. The tears come again and I begin to sob. I feel a small hand wrap around my arm and I turn to meet a teary Elena. She pulls me into her arms and we cry together.

My eyes trail off to Damon who has started to walk away from everyone else. I ignore it and continue to cry.

DAMON'S POV

"We're going to head back to the house." Stefan approaches me.

"I think I'll skip the coffee and tea cakes." I scoff.

"Damon, Ashley needs you right now." He tells me and I roll my eyes.

"And then what's the plan, Stefan? The curse is broken. How does one go about killing an all powerful wolf vamp and his two faced older brother?"

"I have no idea." He shrugs.

"We need to get an idea. Fast."

"I'm not going to let Elena lose anyone else. You should make sure that Ashley doesn't either." He says and I take a deep breath.

"That's gonna be harder than you think."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I sigh and pull my shirt sleeve up. "Tyler Lockwood bit me. It's actually more of a nip, really, but there it is." I confess.

Stefan's face has changed immediately. "We'll find something. A cure."

"There is no cure, Stefan." I remind him. I look across the graveyard at Ashley crying in Elena's arms.

"We kept Ashley human, right? We found a way when there was no way. Hey." Stefan says and I look back at him. "I will do this."

"You want to do something for me?" I ask him. "Keep this from Ashley. Last thing she needs is another grave to mourn." I pat his shoulder and turn away from him, walking away.

***Author's Note***

There's only one more chapter left in this book! Comment and vote!

~Haley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 5.3K 32
"No matter how much you try to heal your broken problems you're only able to do as much as a tourniquet." Nothing ever happened in boring old Mystic...
902 15 50
In order to save her life, Damon has to start the process of Elena becoming a vampire, much to Stefan's disapproval. What happens when because he sav...
41.8K 1.4K 14
[PREQUEL TO AN EVERLASTING SERIES] "I spent 150 years looking for you, and now that you're here, I'll never let you go." Before the tomb, before the...
16.5K 482 13
❝blood only runs so deep when you're related to vampires❞ *** "What is he doing here? What does he want?" Avery Salvatore asked her father, Zach Salv...