...

By xxclosed1316xx

More

Chapter 1: August Part I
Chapter 2: August Part II
Chapter 3: August Part III
Chapter 4: September Part I
Chapter 5: September Part II
Chapter 6: October Part I
Chapter 7: October Part II
Chapter 8: November
Chapter 9: December Part I
Chapter 10: December Part II
Chapter 11: January Part I
Chapter 12: January Part II
Chapter 13: January Part III
Chapter 14: February Part I
Chapter 15: February Part II
Chapter 16: February Part III
Chapter 17: February Part IV
Chapter 18: February Part V
Chapter 19: March Part I
Chapter 20: March Part II/April Part I
Chapter 21: April Part II
Chapter 22: April Part III/May Part I
Chapter 23: May Part II
Chapter 24: Finale
CHAPTER LIST: SPECIALS, SEQUEL, SHOTS, DRABBLES
Christmas Special
Valentine's Day Special
Caught Me - Chapter 1
Caught Me - Chapter 2
Caught Me - Chapter 3
Caught Me - Chapter 4
Caught Me - Chapter 5
Caught Me - Chapter 6
Caught Me - Chapter 7
Caught Me - Chapter 8
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 1
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 2
Christmas Special 2017
Dara's Approval OneShot
Tattoo OneShot
Wisdom Tooth OneShot
Babysitting OneShot
College Library Smut OneShot
Chaerin's Reaction Drabble
'Snowed In' - Drabble
Horror Movie Oneshot
Faded - Part I
Faded - Part II
Drunk Jensoo Snippets
Appendix OneShot
"Jisoo Kim has nothing on Nayeon" - OneShot
Proposal OneShot
Prenups OneShot
Wedding OneShot
Jisoo's Secret OneShot
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part I
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part II
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part III
Future OneShot
Jena Goes to Dinner OneShot
Accidental Stimulation OneShot
Fall Season with Jena
Jena's Costume OneShot
Valentines Day Drabble
Jennie's Game Oneshot
Jennie's Dream OneShot
Jena at the Zoo Drabble
Injury - Part I
Injury - Part II
Injury - Part III
Injury - Part IV
Injury - Part V
Jennie Meets Seunghyun
Dara's Pregnancy - Part I
Dara's Pregnancy - Part II
Dara's Pregnancy - Part III
Dara's Pregnancy - Part IV
The Walking Dead AU OneShot
Time Traveling Jena OneShot
Eggs Oneshot
Reminiscing Oneshot
Honeymoon Oneshot
Home For The Holidays Oneshot

Baby Jena and Jisoo OneShot

3.3K 59 35
By xxclosed1316xx

Baby Jena and Jisoo OneShot

Prompt: Toddler Jena and Jisoo are home alone when Jisoo has a panic attack.

*****

"I can't believe we made both pancakes and waffles." Jisoo shook her head.

"It's not my fault your plebeian taste buds enjoy overly soggy pillows of dough." Jennie sniffed airily, her arms sliding around Jisoo's waist from behind, kissing her shoulder.

"You weren't complaining about these plebeian taste buds last night, during dessert." Jisoo smirked, Jennie's hands sliding to cup her ass underneath the boyshorts she was wearing, drawing a yelp from the brunette.

"Food?" Jena asked from her high chair, chubby fists clutching mini utensils. Her hair was pulled into braids, and she was the spitting image of Jennie as a toddler.

"Working on it, baby girl." Jisoo smiled, winking at Jena as she flipped the pancakes. "Seriously, I can't believe we made both."

"You're right." Jennie gasped, dramatically resting her hand against her brow. "How ever will we afford it?"

"Well, at least we can find out what the chubster likes best." Jisoo rolled her eyes at her wife's antics.

Jennie moved over to the waffle iron, prying two perfectly golden waffles from its grip, sliding them onto a plate.

She grabbed the syrup and the butter, moving over to where Jena and Jisoo were at the table, sitting beside them with a smile.

"Alright Jena." Jennie got her daughter's attention fairly easily, the girl's eyes wide and excited for breakfast. "You can have both, but you have to choose a favorite." Jennie began, talking a bit slower, so Jena could follow without delay.

"Oh my god, Jennie." Jisoo smirked. "Insecure, much?"

Jennie smiled back, showing Jena both plates. "Okay, Jena. Waffles? Or Pancakes?"

Jena blinked, immediately lighting up at the sight of the waffles. "Wafful." She pronounced awkwardly, smiling proudly, as if she'd just spent an hour cooking the plate.

Jennie grinned. "Hah. See? I told you." Jennie turned to Jisoo.

Jisoo couldn't even try to be a sore loser, as she watched Jennie cut the waffles into bite sized pieces for Jena to stab with her fork.

"Okay, Jena, why?" Jisoo clarified.

Jena looked at her thoughtfully. "Why?" She echoed, confused.

"Why waffles? Why not pancakes?" Jisoo asked.

Jena pointed to the dish of waffles. "Cubbies!" she exclaimed, pointing to the squares. "For butter!" (it came out as "budder", and both Jisoo and Jennie noticed with hidden smiles).

"Cubbies?" Jennie repeated, confused.

Jisoo smiled. "She's right. They look like the little boxes the kids at the daycare store their things in. They call them cubbies."

Jennie blinked. "Ah." She handed the plate over to Jena, kissing her head.

"You wouldn't know, I think your daycare was too fancy." Jisoo teased.

Jennie smirked. "We left our belongings in the limo." She teased back, turning to face Jisoo fully, Jena happily munching on her waffle.

"Butter?" Jisoo asked, moving to add some to her pancakes.

"I shouldn't." Jennie repeated her mantra, reaching for it nonetheless.

"My professional athlete wife feels guilty about buttered waffles." Jisoo hummed aloud. "What are the rest of us mere mortals to do?"

Jennie smirked once more. "Speak for yourself. You're a goddess."

Jisoo blushed, lacing her free hand with Jennie's. "When do you leave?" She asked softly.

Jennie immediately glanced back at Jena, who was entirely too caught up with her waffles to care about anything else in the universe.

"She's on her own planet, she can't hear." Jisoo promised.

"I have to leave by one." Jennie sighed, sounding as dejected as she felt.

"How long?"

"Three days."

"Oh." Jisoo nodded, remembering Jennie's schedule.

A pause.

"I'll miss you."

"Come." Jennie replied, licking her lips.

"Jena-"

"Bring Jena." Jennie seemed confident. "She would go nuts, Jisoo. We could have fun at the hotel, and she can come to the game, and I'll even sign something for her-"

Jisoo chuckled at that. "She would love a Jennie Kim autograph."

Jennie smiled. "She's my biggest fan."

Jisoo smirked. "Second biggest fan."

Jennie grinned, leaning over to kiss Jisoo's cheek. "You never ask for my autographs."

Jisoo rolled her eyes, lifting her shirt and sliding her pants down just a bit under the table, revealing the tattoo on her hip, of Jennie's styled warpaint, from when they left YG.

"How's that for an autograph?"

Jennie smiled, heart aching, bursting with affection. She was so amazingly happy. All because of Jisoo. Jisoo gave her motivation, support, love, and Jena, the light of Jennie's life. Besides Jisoo herself, of course.

Jena began humming a random (likely non existent) song as she chewed, happily tilting her head as she worked on her meal, making just a little bit of a mess with the syrup.

"I'm gonna miss that." Jennie groaned into her mug, while Jisoo smiled.

"She's going to be heartbroken." Jisoo added, shaking her head. "Oh well. Having an NFL momma comes at a price."

"Three days." Jennie murmured to herself. "That's nothing. I go and come all the time."

Jisoo watched her internal struggle with pity, leaning forward to kiss Jennie's cheek soothingly, as if to say "Everything will be fine."

"Momma!" Jena broke their moment of silence.

Jennie turned to Jena, dabbing at her chubby cheeks with a napkin. "What's up baby?"

"Can we play?" Jena queried. Little by little, she was forming more and more complete sentences, though she still needed some practice.

Jisoo bit her lip, knowing the answer was going to sting.

Jennie looked like she wanted to cry, and Jisoo almost wanted to laugh at her wife's lack of resolve, especially when it came to Jena. Jennie was a complete, utter softie for her baby.

"At the park!" Jena added proudly, as if she'd forgotten earlier. "Fooball."

Jena really knew nothing about football (including how to pronounce it), but she thought she was doing a pretty great job of pulling the wool over Jennie's eyes.

She just wanted to make her proud, after all.

"Jena." Jennie sighed, brushing a stray curl out of the way. "I have to go, today."

Jena's grin fell, and she blinked a few times. "...again?"

Jennie nodded, and it tore her heart into a billion fucking pieces. "It's part of momma's job, baby girl. I have to go play games in other cities."

Jena nodded slowly, though she probably didn't fully understand the concept. "...I come?"

Jennie chuckled, trying to keep her sadness out of her tone. "No, baby. You're staying."

"....Jichu?" Jena turned to her mother, looking desperate.

"I'm staying right here with you." Jisoo assured softly, getting up to press a kiss to her cheeks.

"Oh." Jena looked incredibly relieved to learn that she wasn't, in fact, being abandoned. She glanced up and noticed Jennie looking as if she wanted to bawl. "Shh. It's okay, Jenyi." Jena leaned over and patted her cheek with her tiny chubby fingers. "I will take care of Jichu."

Jisoo swooned from where she was putting dishes in the sink, and Jennie's heart skipped a few beats in utter adoration as she leaned forward, dropping a flurry of kisses to Jena's cheeks, causing the toddler to giggle out loud in delight.

"Momma! Momma!" Jena shrieked. "Up!"

Jennie grinned, scooping her up from her seat, Jena wrapping around her in the very same way Jisoo did, whenever Jennie would carry her.

Jennie loved all the pieces of Jisoo that Jena inherited.

Jena leaned up and gave Jennie a giant kiss on the cheek, imitating Jisoo. "You stay now?" Jena tried, unable to ask what she truly meant, but Jennie seemed to understand.

"Yes, I don't leave for a little while." She promised.

"Okay." Jena mumbled, already making her nest in Jennie's arms, content to simply be held by her mother.

*****

"Jisoo, don't hesitate to skype." Jennie reminded, Jisoo wrapped up in Jennie's arms on the couch, where they waited for Jennie's ride, while Jena played with Fish on the carpet before them. "I know you want to, but you hesitate because you think you're distracting me. If I pick up, I can talk, love." Jennie reassured.

Jisoo smiled, leaning back into Jennie's arms. "Last time I skyped you while you were away, we didn't get anything productive done."

Jennie smirked. "Really? You got productive three times in a row, if my memory serves..."

Jisoo blushed, mirroring Jennie's playful smirk. "None of that."

Jennie pouted.

"We have a baby now." Jisoo grinned. "I can't afford to be-" She gasped when Jennie's hands slipped under her shirt, grazing her bra. "-Jen!" She hissed.

Jennie chuckled and withdrew her hands, kissing Jisoo's neck, enjoying the fresh bruises she'd left from last night.

"I cannot believe you gave me hickeys like some horny eighteen year old." Jisoo hissed, keeping her voice low.

Jennie smirked. "Is that why you gave me some too, then?"

"You're going away." Jisoo teased loftily. "I had to make sure your fan club keeps it's distance. And your manager. And your cheerleaders. And the reporters, and-"

Jennie took Jisoo's hand, kissing the ring on her finger, trailing kisses up her arm. It was effective in silencing her, calming her fake fears.

"I think pretty much the whole world knows how much I love my wife."

Jisoo never got tired of hearing that magical word.

"We're still lovesick teens, huh?" Jisoo mumbled, going to meet Jennie for a chaste kiss.

"Always." Jennie grinned against Jisoo's lips.

A cry pulled them apart, startling them.

"Aw, no fair!" Jena cried, running over so hurriedly, her braids bounced. "Me too, me too!"

"Come here." Jisoo smiled, stifling her laugh as she and Jennie held their arms out, Jena bounding into them full speed.

Jena smiled back when she found herself wrapped up in Jisoo and Jennie's arms, now fully involved in their snuggle session.

It was cut short, however, when Jennie's phone buzzed, and she frowned. "My ride is here." She murmured.

"Okay." Jisoo nodded, tapping Jena's shoulder. "Say bye, baby. Momma has to go, now."

Jena looked liked she was going to cry, so Jisoo bent down and whispered something into her ear, causing her eyes to light up with excitement.

Jennie quirked a brow, but took Jena's bearhug nonetheless, leaning down when Jena motioned for her to.

"Momma, you gonna be TV?" Jena asked curiously.

Jennie smiled. "Yeah baby, you can watch me on TV. You want me to wave to you?"

Jena's eyes went wide and she nodded so enthusiastically her head almost fell off.

"Alright, alright!" Jennie chuckled, kissing her several times. "I love you. Be good, and take care of mommy, okay?"

Jena nodded with the vigor of a soldier taking orders from a superior officer.

She took Jisoo's safety quite seriously, just like her mother, it seemed.

"Okay." Jennie whispered, caressing her cheek. She stood, as Jisoo did.

In one motion, Jisoo was wrapped up in Jennie's arms, the two kissing softly, with hints of passion and longing here and there.

When they broke apart, their foreheads were touching, like always.

"Jisoo, if you need anything-"

"Jennie, come on, I'm an adult." Jisoo smirked, shaking her head.

"I know." Jennie apologized. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that, obviously. I just want you to know that I'm always with you, even when-"

"I know." Jisoo answered, silencing her with a kiss. "You nervous for your game?"

Jennie smirked at their ritual. "The Commander doesn't get nervous."

Jisoo smiled. "That's my girl." She whispered, stealing a kiss. "Now go and kick some ass. We'll talk tonight, baby."

"Bye." Jennie murmured, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "I love you two."

"Bye, babe." Jisoo waved, picking Jena up as Jennie pushed past the door.

"Bye, babe!" Jena echoed, parroting her mom.

Jisoo and Jennie both grinned as they heard it, the final sound before the door shut behind Jennie.

*****

"Party!" Jena cheered from her seat on the floor beside Jisoo's feet while Jisoo set out a few appetizers.

"It's not a party, it's just a few people." Jisoo laughed. "Everyone missed you, baby."

"Everyone?" Jena parroted. "Who?"

"Who's coming, you mean?"

"Yes." Jena nodded, playing with her legos, creating a sort of minefield for Jisoo to traverse.

"Just Grandma Dara, Aunty Lis, and Aunty Chaeyoung."

Jena's eyes widened, excited at the prospect of so many new playmates. "Jichu." She asked hesitantly.

Jisoo rolled her eyes at her daughter's use of her first name, but smiled anyway. "Yeah pretty girl?"

"Work?"

"What about it?"

"You go to work?"

"Today?"

"Yes."

"No, baby, it's the weekend." Jisoo replied gently. "Remember the days of the week?"

Jena nodded, and Jisoo knew she was probably bluffing, but decided not to call her out on it, nonetheless.

"Mommy doesn't work on friday, saturday, and sunday." Jisoo reminded.

"Ohhhhhh." Jena drawled. (she had no idea, still, what that meant). "Why momma gone?"

"Because she does work on the weekends. Because I happened to marry an overly gifted athlete." Jisoo teased, the last part mostly for herself.

The doorbell rang, echoing throughout the expansive walls of the house. Jena perked up, running for the door.

"Jena!" Jisoo hid her amused smile as she dashed after her toddler. "We don't open the door without me, or momma, right?"

"Right." Jena called automatically, without thinking.

Jisoo could make out Lisa's figure on the other side, so she opened the door, laughing when Lisa immediately bent down to scoop Jena up.

"Let me at those chubby cheeks!" Lisa growled teasingly, as Jena wiggled and writhed in her arms, laughing so loudly that the whole neighborhood could probably hear.

"Lis." Jena mumbled, giving her a hug.

"Hi, chubster." Lisa grinned. "I have some toys for you."

Jisoo lifted a brow, trying so desperately to forget the time Lisa had brought some toys for her. (And Jennie).

"Nothing dangerous?" Jisoo lifted a brow.

Lisa rolled her eyes. "Hey mommy Kim-Kim." She winked, Jisoo pulling her into a hug. "Already lonely without your other half?"

"Yes." Jisoo mumbled with a small smile.

"Good, I need her focused. I have 300 bucks on her tomorrow." Lisa smirked.

Jisoo rolled her eyes, but Jennie had told her it'd likely be an easy win.

"Chaeyoung?" Jena tugged mercilessly at Lisa's pant leg.

"She's coming, kiddo." Lisa winked, ruffling Jena's hair as she stepped inside.

"I'm right here." Chaeyoung smirked when Jena darted into her arms. "Hello, Jennie Jr."

Jena grinned at the mention of Jennie's name, figuring it was somehow related to her, and a compliment.

"Are we early?" Chaeyoung asked, hoisting Jena up in her arms.

"No, but you can help me." Jisoo winked. "You can entertain the chubster while I finish getting things set up?"

"Sure." Chaeyoung nodded, kissing her niece's forehead.

"Play?" Jena asked, excited at the prospect.

"Oh yeah." Lisa grinned. "Come on, let's open those toys."

Jena clapped excitedly, and Jisoo disappeared into the kitchen, leaving them in the living room.

"Okay." Lisa sat with Jena between her legs on the floor, Chaeyoung sitting beside her, so she could lean back on her. "I bet this is gonna beat your favorite toy in the world." She pointed to the box they'd brought in.

Jena shook her head, a cheeky grin on her features.

"No? Well, what is your favorite toy?"

Jena puffed her chest proudly. "Commander Jenyi doll."

Lisa rolled her eyes, while Chaeyoung smirked.

"Okay, that's fair. But- this toy right here? It's gonna knock that supergirl toy you have right out of the park."

Jena frowned. "Supergirl not good?"

Lisa smirked. "Supergirl is practically bait for this toy."

Jena's eyes widened, and Chaeyoung snorted. "Enough antics, babe. Let her open the toy."

At the pet name, Jena cocked her head to the side. "Babe?" She asked.

Lisa smiled. "It's what you call somebody you love. Like your mommy calls your momma that all the time."

Jena smirked. "You like Aunty Chaeyoung?"

Lisa eyed the glinting diamond on Chaeyoung's left ring finger. "Something like that, kiddo."

Jena nodded, satisfied, and began opening her present. She struggled, however, trying to tear away at the wrapping.

Lisa smirked. "Need some help, kiddo?"

"No!" Jena huffed petulantly, trying again, failing miserable.

"Whoa, kiddo." Chaeyoung leaned over, kissing her head. "Little Jennie junior over here, huh? You know that, Jena?"

Jena glanced up at her with curious eyes.

"It's okay to ask for help." Chaeyoung informed her gently, and Jena nodded, moving to let Lisa give her a hand.

She gasped, when Lisa shed the covering from the box, revealing what was inside.

"And that, baby Jena, is called a rocket."

*****

"Hey mom." Jisoo buried her nose in the crook of Dara's neck as she pulled her in for a hug, the having grown close after Dara had moved over after their college years.

"Hi baby." Dara smiled, looking happier than she had in years. "Jennie already left?"

"Yeah." Jisoo nodded, the two standing in the doorway.

"Oh, that's too bad." Dara mumbled.

Jisoo smiled. "She says hi, if it's any consolation."

Dara nodded, squeezing Jisoo's hand. "Where's little Jenie, then?"

"Out in the yard with Lis and Chaeyoung." Jisoo jerked her head.

"Jisoo, you know it's supposed to storm, right?" Dara warned.

"Yeah, not till tomorrow." Jisoo waved her off. "Don't be so worried, mom. She's having fun, it's not even cold out."

Dara shook her head with a smile. "Motherly instincts." She shrugged. "So, what are your plans for the weekend?"

Jisoo shrugged, "Just spending time with Jena. I miss her, ever since we started daycare." Jisoo sighed, a smile on her face just from thinking about her baby.

"Motherhood is special, isn't it?" Dara winked, and Jisoo blushed a little.

"Yeah." She whispered. "It is. Tiring, but....amazing."

Dara smirked. "Maybe I can take the rascal and you and the girls can go out? I know how long it's been since you've let your hair down. And Jennie won't be here, so you don't need to worry about leaving her alone for too long? Hmm? Just go and enjoy yourself."

"As sweet as that is..." Jisoo shook her head. "I can't. Jena is just...too important." Jisoo smiled, shaking her head, wondering when her life fell into order like this.

"Understandable, but the offer still stands." Dara kissed Jisoo's forehead. "Are things alright here, without Jennie? Do you want me to stay with you and maybe give you a hand with watching Jena so you can work from home?"

Jisoo grinned. "Now you're just trying to steal my baby away."

Dara smirked. "A grandmother has her ways."

"Go see her. She'll nearly pee herself in excitement when she sees you." Jisoo laughed.

Just as Dara moved to take a step forward, something huge and white came hurtling from the sky, ricocheting off the roof, landing hot in front of their feet.

Jisoo and Dara clung to each other, terrified, until they realized it was a toy rocket, reading: A L E C K S across the front, with sloppy writing, and a smiley face at the end.

"...We need to work on her spelling." Jisoo mumbled, just as she heard Lisa yell, "Okay maybe a little less force this time!"

*****

"Thanks for coming. And thanks for Jena's presents. We'll try not to kill anyone with them." Jisoo sent off Lisa and Chaeyoung with a few laughs after dinner, leaving only Jena and Dara curled up together on the couch.

Jisoo watched for a moment, the way Dara held her daughter with complete and utter adoration in her eyes, Jena curled up on Dara's lap, listening to her grandmother tell her a story.

Jisoo felt a dull pang in her heart.

Seunghyun would've been there, right beside them, holding Jena just as tightly.

Seunghyun would've danced with Jena to old records, and baked his special chocolate cake with her after dinner.

Jisoo missed him so, so much.

She thought the pain, the hurt, would all fade after she left YG and her childhood behind.

But it didn't.

The older she got, the more she needed him.

She found herself wondering what he'd say in certain situations, how he'd act, what kind of advice he'd give.

She tried so hard not to imagine what life would be like without Kane, and rather, her own father.

She failed, sometimes, because she was human.

She just wanted him to meet her daughter. Her baby, Jennie's baby, the light of their lives.

She suppressed it, feeling awful, suddenly. She needed to be strong, in front of Jena and Dara, not weak.

"Hi baby." Jisoo murmured, running her hands through Jena's curls.

"Hello mommy." Jena yawned, curling a bit further into Dara's side, like a kitten.

"It's getting late." Jisoo warned Dara softly. "I don't want you driving much later than this."

Dara smiled, kissing Jena's head. "I'll be alright, baby."

"Thanks for coming." Jisoo added, picking up Jena, who was falling asleep, allowing the toddler to rest in her arms, to allow Dara to stand. "Jena misses you every day."

Dara sighed, a sigh of adoration. "I miss her, too."

"I'd bring her by, but the hospital is....well, a hospital." Jisoo laughed gently.

"She's remarkable, Jisoo. The perfect blend of you and Jennie. So cute, and so, so bright." Dara murmured emotionally. "She reminds me of you."

Jisoo smiled sadly, the unspoken memories of Seunghyun filling the air between them.

"Thanks, Mom. I love you."

"I love you more, Jisoo. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Mom, I'm not ruining your weekend with Kane." Jisoo tsked playfully, though she meant it when she said she wouldn't rare disturb Dara's spare time, since she worked so often.

"Goodnight, Jena." Dara whispered, pressing a kiss to Jena's head.

Jena mumbled some unintelligible response, causing Jisoo and Dara to laugh, as she turned for the door.

Jena seemed to have that effect on people.

*****

Jisoo's phone rang, and she picked it up nearly immediately, still holding Jena in her arms as she turned away from the door.

Jennie's beautiful face filled the screen, all long lashes and a pearly smile, so gorgeous that Jisoo's heart skipped a beat.

She wished Jennie was with her, so close to the anniversary of Seunghyun's death.

"Hey baby." She answered softly, making sure Jena wasn't completely asleep.

"Jisoo. Hi." Jennie was smiling over the other end, Jisoo could just hear it.

"How was your flight?" Jisoo asked in a quiet voice, rocking Jena in her arms.

"Fast, easy. I'm settled in for the night. What about you and Jena?"

"Jena is half asleep in my arms right now. She hung out with my mom, and Lis and Chaeyoung for the day."

"You threw a party without me?" Jennie whined, teasingly.

"Never. Just some people who wanted to see Jena."

At hearing her name, Jena blinked a few times, leaning back to glance at Jisoo with tired brown eyes. "Momma?" She whispered.

"Yeah, she's here. Wanna see her?" Jisoo smiled at her baby, who nodded enthusiastically in response.

"Okay." Jisoo moved over to their bedroom, sitting back on her bed, Jena cuddled up in between her legs, sleepily blinking at the screen.

Jennie's face filled the screen, and Jisoo could tell she was ready to sleep herself, hair tied up, glasses on, lips looking soft under a layer of lip gloss.

She looked liked perfection.

"Hi Jena." Jennie grinned.

"Momma!" Jena yawned and cried out a once.

Jennie could tell she was getting tired. Smiling she wished she could hold the little girl, rubbing her eyes furiously to stay awake.

"I love you momma. Home?"

Jisoo kissed Jena's head while Jennie smiled sadly. "Not tomorrow, the day after."

"Oh." Jena mumbled, squinting at the screen. "Pretty momma." She mumbled, yawning again.

"She's right." Jisoo winked. "You look gorgeous."

Jennie blushed, shaking her head. "I miss my girls. I love you too, baby girl."

"We miss you more." Jisoo murmured, smiling sleepily as she rested her chin on Jena's head.

"Momma." Jena mumbled, eyes closing.

Jennie listened attentively, batting her long eyelashes.

"...Sleep here?" She mumbled, pointing to Jennie's spot.

"Yes." Jennie laughed. "You can. Always, baby girl." Jena smiled, hugging the sheets sleepily.

"Nighty." She mumbled, satisfied, a tired smile on her face. .

"Whoa, no, we've got to get you ready!" Jisoo laughed.

Jennie reveled in the sound. "I love you, Jisoo. I don't want to take up your time. I just wanted to check in."

"I love you more, babe." Jisoo murmured, rubbing Jena's back. "Miss you already."

"Miss you too. I'll be home before you know it."

"Jena and I are staying home to watch your game tomorrow. Don't disappoint." Jisoo teased, enjoying the way Jennie feigned offense on the other end.

"I won't. There's this hot brunette I'm trying to impress." Jennie whispered with a smirk.

"She single?"

"She's married."

"Bummer." Jisoo tsked.

"And she has a kid."

"A kid?" Jisoo gasped. "That's scandalous."

"Cute kid, though. Chubby cheeks. Looks just like her mom."

Jisoo laughed, blowing a kiss. "Text me before your warm up's tomorrow, okay? If you don't wave to Jena during the game she might actually cry."

Jennie snorted a laugh. "I will. Goodnight, Jisoo."

"Goodnight, babe."

Jisoo hung up and turned to Jena, already snoring in Jennie's spot, little body curled up, making her look even smaller. She smiled at her little Jennie, gently moving to undress her, to change her into her pajamas, knowing sleeping her day clothes would be uncomfortable.

She was so pleasantly caught up in being a wife, and a mother, that she almost didn't remember it was the anniversary weekend of Seunghyun's death.

*****

"Game day! Game day! Game day!" Jisoo awoke to her three year old jumping on the bed, wearing Jennie's replica jersey (which was all the way down to her feet), which she'd forced Jennie to sign.

Twice.

Jena was still in the phase where she treated Jennie like a total distant but A list celebrity that she'd only have the pleasure of bumping into once in her lifetime.

Jisoo would roll her eyes every time Jena would stand in the ridiculously long lines after a game to get her own mother's autograph.

It was cute, though. It was just Jena's way of wanting to be in every aspect of Jennie's life. From the moment she saw how all Jennie's fans worshiped her, she assumed she had to do her part as well.

And so it began.

"Jena." Jisoo groaned. "The game isn't till five."

"Oh." Jena fell onto her butt. "...When's five mommy?"

Jisoo cocked a brow. "...At five?"

"How far?" Jena asked with a huff.

"...In ten hours." Jisoo clarified with a smirk, knowing Jena couldn't comprehend.

"Ten hours?" Jena repeated clumsily. "...After breakfast?"

Jisoo snorted a laugh. "Yeah, baby, wayyyyy after breakfast."

"Oh." Jena puffed her already chubby cheeks, looking lost for words. "....play?" She asked hopefully.

Jisoo smiled. "Yes- BUT, you have to let me snuggle you for a minute."

Jena nodded, darting over to Jisoo, sliding into her arms, letting Jisoo wrap her arms around her, kissing her head. Jisoo closed her eyes, intending to fall back asleep, but Jena's incessant wiggling made it rather difficult.

Jisoo couldn't help but smile.

Her daughter was adorable.

*****

"Jenyi!" Jena shrieked, as if she were actually surprised to see her mother on the television (after they'd just watched the entirety of her game).

Now, they were interviewing Jennie on her trek back to the locker room, asking her all about her amazing win.

Jisoo marveled at her wife, having flashbacks to when they were back in YG, and Jennie was someone she dreamed of dating. She was exactly the same. Young, ridiculously talented, and gorgeous beyond belief.

And now, they were married. She had Jennie's baby.

The shock was so beautifully strange, still.

"Jennie!" The reporter, the hot brunette that Jisoo was playfully jealous of, approached Jennie, as everyone crowded around the quarterback.

"Hi, Sarah." Jennie panted slightly, pausing to greet an opposing player and shake hands with their coach before continuing.

"Congratulations on the win- Some are calling this the best match up you've had in months, and you clearly didn't struggle with them at all. What did you do to prepare?"

Jennie nodded, listening, and then began to reply with a vague and general answer, the way most athletes seemed to.

The reporter did her usual flirtatious smile, asking questions here and there. Jisoo watched in amusement, her daughter parading around the living room, (Jisoo had to explain to her that Jennie won, as she didn't understand the game).

Jena was beyond ecstatic now, though, her eyes glued to the television at the sight of Jennie's face.

"Hate Sarah." Jena mumbled.

"Hey, hate is a strong word." Jisoo laughed, ruffling Jena's hair. "Why do you hate her?"

"Won't let momma talk." Jena huffed.

Jisoo smiled. "Don't worry, baby, she'll say hi. Just wait."

Jena sighed, moving to climb onto Jisoo's lap.

At the end, Sarah asked a final, "Anything else you'd like to add?"

Jennie grinned, running a hand through her hair. "I just want to say hi to Jisoo and Jena, my beautiful wife and baby girl who are watching right now. Love you." She blew a kiss, and with swooning reporters following, the camera cut and shifted to the sports anchors of the channel.

Jena was grinning, blushing furiously while she stared at the television.

Jisoo was laughing at her daughter's starstruck reaction. "You're famous, now." She teased.

"Call momma now?" Jena asked, eyes wide with excitement.

"Now? Aw, no baby. She has to do press meetings now." Jisoo smiled sympathetically.

Jena nodded though she had no idea what it meant, yawning as she did so.

"Well, why don't we take a little nap? You look tired, baby."

Jena nodded, reaching up for Jisoo's neck, latching to her like a koala.

Jisoo settled on the couch once more, draping the blanket over Jena, as the two settled in for a little nap.

*****

Jena woke up to a vaguely familiar sound. Blinking, she rubbed at her eyes, immediately looking for Jisoo, who'd fallen asleep beside her.

Jisoo, however, was sitting on the floor by the wall, knees bunched up to her chest, breathing a bit ragged.

Her head was down, and she seemed to be trying to make herself smaller, like a frightened animal.

Jena, bright and observant as she was, knew exactly what was going on.

Well, maybe not exactly.

She knew that, sometimes, her mommy got scared. Or nervous. And her stomach would ache, and she'd breathe pretty hard, and she'd curl up.

At first, Jena would cry, because she was frightened. She would call for Jennie, and Jennie would always help.

Jena would offer her cup of milk, but Jennie would tell her Jisoo didn't really need it. Jena would watch as Jennie would wrap Jisoo into a blanket, hug her, and start talking to her.

Jena later learned that this was okay, and she didn't have to be scared. She would just call for Jennie, and sometimes talk to both of her moms, and keep Jisoo busy with conversation.

She learned that her grandpa Seunghyun went to heaven when Jisoo was a kid, and that sometimes it made Jisoo sad or nervous.

Jena didn't think it made Jisoo weak. She thought her mommy was brave and extra strong, because of it.

Plus, Jennie was always there to help.

Except for today.

"...Mommy?" Jena asked cautiously, glancing at Jisoo, who looked up in surprise.

"I'm..." Jisoo sniffled, trying to breathe evenly, failing. "It's okay baby. Mommy's fine."

Jena nodded, reaching for her blanket. "I know." She answered softly, turning to reach for the blanket. It was much bigger than she was, but somehow, Jena dragged it over to Jisoo, managing to pull it over her.

Jisoo looked stunned, her breathing calming slightly, eyes widened, taking in the sight of her three year old toddler.

Caring for her.

"Shhh. It okay." Jena soothed, rubbing her back, exactly as she'd Jennie do, countless times. "Oh!" Jena whisper-shrieked, knowing Jisoo was sensitive to sound. "I know!"

She bolted up, returning in ten second, clutching her favorite blanket that Jisoo had illustrated the design of. It was small, barely the length of Jisoo's leg, but it had the forest kissing the starry sky, and Jena adored it with her entire being.

"Blankie." Jena nodded to herself, as if praising herself for the quick thinking. "There you go." She mumbled, pushing it into Jisoo's hands.

"...I..." Jisoo's words were caught in her throat. How could she fathom this? How could she thank her toddler for knowing how to care for her, to touch her heart, so well?

"Okay." Jena huffed as she sat beside Jisoo, wrapping her arms around Jisoo as best she could. "You're safe, mommy." She repeated Jennie's words, even going so far as to peck Jisoo's shoulder, hugging her as much as her tiny chubby arm rolls would allow.

"Thank you, baby." Jisoo rasped, trying to even her breathing.

And it was working.

How could she possibly think of Seunghyun, or the accident, with something as beautiful, pure, and sweet as Jena's love happening before her eyes?

And it got even better, it seemed.

Jena learned so much from how Jennie dealt with Jisoo.

"Jichu." Jena soothed, her toddler pronunciation making everything even cuter. "Let's play I-spy. I spy...." Jena blinked, forgetting the words Jennie had used.

"....With my little eye." Jisoo choked out a laugh, her body shaking with it as Jena grinned cheekily.

"With my little eyes, something...brown."

Jisoo sucked in a ragged breath, happy that Jena knew at least the primary colors, to be able to play.

She was so immensely proud to be Jena's mother, in that moment. She was, always, but this? This was unbelievable.

"Momma?" Jena's voice roused her from her thoughts.

"Hmm?" Jisoo breathed, feeling her heart slow, slightly.

"Brown."

"Oh." Jisoo nodded, swallowing the lump in her throat. "I...the...bowl over there?"

"No!" Jena cheered, still quite invested in the game, less than its therapeutic benefits.

Jisoo cracked a weak smile. "The...painting?"

"No!" Jena grinned, and Jisoo's heart melted at her chubby cheeks pulled back.

"I give up." Jisoo breathed, color returning to her features. "What is it, baby?"

"Your eye!" Jena responded proudly, since Jisoo couldn't think of it.

Jisoo laughed, and she felt part of her soul just... heal. It was as if, whatever pain she'd endured from losing Seunghyun, she'd lost with having Jena.

He would have been so proud.

Jisoo turned, opening her arms slightly, and Jena rushed into them with delight. Jisoo may not have had Jennie to hold her, in that particular moment, but holding Jena was equally as soothing.

Jena did not writhe, or wiggle. She was soft, warm, and incredibly nurturing. She kissed Jisoo's cheek, even, mumbling "S' okay, momma. Jena is here."

Jisoo kissed her once, twice, a thousand times, reveling in the warmth of her little body. She was a furnace, just like Jennie.

Jisoo couldn't count the minutes that passed. Slowly, Jena reached for Jisoo's phone- on the ground beside her. Her instincts were telling her to call Jennie.

Jisoo blinked curiously, looking at Jena's movements.

"Baby?" Jisoo whispered. "What are you doing with mommy's phone?"

"Jenyi." Jena answered softly, quiet as a mouse.

"No." Jisoo tsked. "Momma's busy. She can't take our call right now, Jena."

Jena shook her head. "Momma said." She argued stubbornly, so much of Jisoo's attitude showing in her.

Jisoo glanced up, about to say something, when Jena murmured, "Jichu. S'okay to ask for help."

Jisoo sat there, stunned into silence, while Jena maneuvered with her phone, silently asking Jisoo for help to get Jennie's contact up.

*****

"Hey baby." Jennie answered, voice quiet, as if she'd been pulled aside from something important. "What's up?"

She was not expecting her toddler to be on the other end of the line.

"Hey momma." Jena replied, keeping her voice low.

"Jena?" Jennie sounded panicked, at that point. "Baby, where's Jisoo? Is she okay?"

"Yes." Jena huffed in annoyance, trying to get her point across. "Jisoo is...scared."

"Scared?" Jennie repeated, fear in her tone. "Of what? Jena, can you give the phone to her please?"

Jena shrugged, handing the phone to Jisoo, who immediately brought it to her ear.

"Hi baby. Relax, please, I'm fine." Jisoo began gently.

"Jisoo?" Jennie gasped in relief. "What's wrong?"

"Just a panic attack." Jisoo assured. "I-"

"Oh. Oh fuck." Jennie shook her head. "This weekend-"

"Jennie-"

"-I completely forgot-"

"Jen, it's okay." Jisoo hushed her, her tone leaving no room for argument. "I know you're in the middle of a meeting. I didn't even want to call you, the chubster did-"

"I'm glad." Jennie cut her off. "I'll talk you through it, Jisoo. I'm right there with you."

Jisoo sighed, Jena curling up against her, listening intently.

"What do you see, Jisoo?" Jennie asked, going over their usual routine of Jisoo describing everything she heard and saw.

"Our baby." Jisoo smiled, shaking her head, tears pooling in her eyes. "She's perfect, Jennie. She took care of me."

*****

Jennie dropped everything the second Jisoo opened the door, wrapping her into a protective hug before Jisoo could even say hello.

"Jisoo." Jennie breathed, holding her close, feeling Jisoo melt into her embrace. "Are you okay, love? I'm so sorry."

Jisoo was grinning, shaking her head. "Baby, it's okay. I'm okay. More than okay, actually. Congratulations on your game."

Jennie looked as if she didn't give a damn about football in that moment. (and she didn't).

"Jisoo." She cupped her wife's cheeks. "Really. Are you okay?"

Jisoo's grin was undeniable. "Yeah, baby. I'm fine. Stop worrying."

Jennie heaved a sigh of relief, kissing Jisoo hard. Jisoo wrapped her arms around Jennie's neck, kissing her breathless.

"Thank you." Jisoo murmured as they pulled apart.

"What on earth for?" Jennie scoffed.

"For our baby. For being such an amazing human being and teaching her so well." Jisoo mumbled emotionally.

Jennie shook her head, kissing Jisoo's forehead. "I didn't...I..." She couldn't find the words. "Wait, where is she?"

Jisoo smirked. "Reading to her teddybears."

"She can't read." Jennie grinned.

"She tries, anyway." Jisoo assured. She leaned forward, kissing Jennie once more, admiring how beautiful she looked, even after such a long trip.

"Before I go disrupt the peace..." Jennie grinned, opening her bag, showing Jisoo a signed game ball. That was bound to get some screams of joy from the toddler. "-Tell me, Jisoo. What happened?"

Jisoo laced her fingers with Jennie's as they walked into the house, shutting the door behind them.

"...We were taking a little nap after your game, and I...I just dreamt of the accident. It was storming out, and everything was reminiscent, and I just...I lost it, Jen."

Jennie nodded, squeezing Jisoo's hand supportively.

"I was sitting right there, against the wall..." She pointed as they moved into the living room. "I moved, I didn't want to wake Jena up. I was sitting, um, you know how I get small and bunched up?"

Jennie nodded once more.

"And then..." Jisoo smiled, Jennie kissing her tears away. "Jen, she woke up and heard me. And she ran to get her blanket for me, and she rubbed my back, and she played ISpy..."

Jennie looked as stunned as Jisoo. "She did?" Jennie whispered in awe.

"She's you. She's little you, in every way, shape, and form." Jisoo breathed. "I love her so much, Jennie."

Now Jennie looked ready to cry, shaking her head in disbelief. "She...she learned all that? I had no idea she was even paying attention."

"She was so...pure, Jen. She was so soothing." Jisoo shook her head. "You couldn't imagine. And she's three. She can't even form full sentences half the time, but she told me, "Jena is here"."

Jennie snorted a laugh at their toddler's use of third person. "I have to go see her." She mumbled, tugging Jisoo over to Jena's room upstairs, where she was reading to her bears, all sat down in various seats around her room.

She was holding Jisoo's copy of Pride and Prejudice, turning the page every six seconds or so.

"And then, uhhhh..." Jena "read" from the page. "The dragon was so angry that he...umm..."

"The dragon?" Jisoo mouthed to Jennie in amusement.

Jennie grinned. "I don't remember any dragons in that book." She whispered. "Maybe I wouldn't have made fun of you so much for liking it."

Jisoo smacked her arm, causing Jennie to yelp.

At that, Jena's head whipped around.

Jisoo's hands immediately flew to block her ears.

"JENYI!" Jena squealed in absolute delight, setting the book down as she toddled over to Jennie at full speed. She would have knocked her over if it weren't for the fact that she was about one fourth of Jennie's size.

"Jena." Jennie murmured, littering every inch of her chubby cheeks with kisses, Jisoo reveling in the beauty of her two girls cuddling.

"Hey Jena." Jennie smirked, glancing at her daughter, sitting comfortably up in her arms like a monkey in a tree. "I heard you were a hero while I was gone."

Jena shook her head. "Nuh uh." She shrugged. "What did I do?" She seemed confused.

Jisoo sighed, clutching her heart. Her selfless baby girl.

"I heard you helped mommy during her tough time." Jennie replied softly, slowly, so Jena could follow.

"Oh." Jena nodded. "That's okay. Jichu was brave."

"Well, still. Thank you for taking care of your mommy." Jennie whispered, nuzzling her nose.

"Like you." Jena mumbled gently.

Jennie blushed, and Jisoo rubbed her back.

"Well, guess what?" Jennie kissed Jena's forehead.

"What, momma?" Jena was so easily excitable like a puppy.

"I got you a present." Jennie moved to grab it from her bag.

Jisoo was pretty sure that, after the subsequent scream, she was going to need a hearing aid.

And just like that, with her family around her, her wife and her beautiful daughter, Jisoo couldn't dwell on the past. Not with so many beautiful moments in front of her.

* * ©EffortlesslyOpulent * *
* * ©sam_kom_trashkru * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

977K 26.7K 26
Red Velvet's leader ¿ BlackPink's maknae ¿
6.3K 460 17
obsession, love and lust
91.6K 3.7K 31
[LISRENE]
52.5K 1.5K 38
-jennie Jennie likes this girl she saw at the coffee cafe two years ago, when she saw her again she know she want to know her more -jisoo Jisoo still...