Lies & Secrets.

By HammondNovels

Mia, a innocent youth, had escaped from her very well furnished prison, home, after a frightening argument wi... More

L&S~1
1
2
3
L&S ~2
4
5
6
L&S ~3
7
8
9
10
11
12
L&S ~5
13
14

L&S ~4

42 10 6
By HammondNovels

It felt as though the forest was endless, covered by identical trees, and long uncut grass. Jasmine and Mia had been walking forever, seeing as they step were ever so small and they were walking the pace of snails.

"Jasmine we are walking so slow! Don't forget I am still wanted."

"I mean missing!" Mia corrected herself instantly, with her face turning bright red.

"What would you be wanted for?" Jasmine laughed to herself but took a sudden pause after a serious look from Mia.

"Oh. That."

Jasmine remembered what they had done that night, well what she had done, and continued on to say,

"You won't be arrested, they'll scare you a little yeah, but it was self-defence right?"

"Yes," Mia said with a flat expression on her face, she was biting her nails restlessly and her thoughts were racing faster than they were walking!

Jas stretched her arm to reach Mia's furthest shoulder. She pulled her tight and told her,

"You will be fine, I promise you, the only situation you'll have is that you didn't contact the police on the night of the incident."

"That is if they even find out."

Mia's brain ticked. Everything fell into place.

"They will. The cabin isn't mine. Remember when Anthony came, he said he saw me living here, he must've seen us that night."

"Okay, first of all, you can call him dad you know, and realistically if he did why didn't he kick us out in that instance or when he visited?"

The journey to Jasmine's house was not far off before we knew it we were outside her front door, 108 Lady Margaret road. Mia realised her house was not too distant from here so she needed to keep a low profile. The door was a beautiful glossy burgundy with the number 108 in a lavish gold.

"We will continue this conversation later Mia, Kay?"

Mia just nodded and kept her head down. Jasmine rung the doorbell and we heard quick feet come to the door.

The door opened.

"Yo, where you been Jas? Mum's been bugging the hell out."

"Sorry, bro, Mia this is my brother, Tristan."

Mia's ears flicked up instantly like a dog, her head was hanging low until she heard a male name, she immediately looked up.

Tristan is a 14-year-old brown-skinned boy. He wasn't wearing a top, just some Nike shorts. He is 5"5 inches tall and has big brown eyes. Jasmines brother had a little muscle for a boy of his age and was growing a little facial hair. Weirdly, Tristan was wearing newly bought Jordan eleven's in a baby blue colour. He had a 360 wave pattern in his hair and his hair was just recently cut so his hairline was shockingly straight. Mia stared at Tristan for a while, I don't think she even blinked. Jasmine noticed this.

"Eurgh." Jasmine shivered.

She had already walked into the house and Mia was still standing outside.

"HEY JASMINE, YOU KNOW NOW AINT THE TIME FOR SOME GUESTS," Tristan shouted whilst looking at Mia up and down unimpressed.

Jasmine rushed back to the door.

"You were supposed to follow me in." She scoffed. Jasmine grabbed Mia by the arm and dragged her "letssssss goooooooooooooo." She groaned trying to pull Mia past the door.

Mia stumbled forward and her legs were left on the welcome mat with the door shut behind her.

"Make yourself at home, I need to go say hi to my mum."

You could hear the thumping of the stairs as Jasmine flew up to them full of excitement. Mia placed her bags down and sat on the brown velvet fabric and it almost felt like home. She could smell the sweet sweet pastries that Mia and her mother would enjoy making together. Lost in her thoughts Mia was interrupted by the sound of people yelling across the room. Mia crept up the stairs halfway to see if she could hear what was being said, she couldn't interpret all the words being shouted as they were muffled by tears and screaming.

"HE IS PROBABLY DEAD JAS."

"Or he could've just left you," Tristan mumbled with a slight attitude.

"How can you say such a thing?"

"Although he is out of turn mum, he's right, and that's better than dad being dead is it not?"

"I would kill him myself."

The traumatised youth was despondent she descended by a stair and began to sob softly to herself. Wreaking havoc on the King family was Mia's last wish, and she would go back to that dreadful time and change her actions. Mia needed to be held in someone's arms, someone other than Jasmine who she had done wrong. She left Jasmine's house in a rush, night had fallen and it was only Mia and the clouded sky.

She wondered around hugging herself attempting to keep herself warm, and yet the waterworks kept falling. At that moment Mia prayed to herself, to keep her family strong, to keep her strong, and to get her through this dilemma.

Mia made it back to the log cabin trail, all by her lonesome. She walked in closed the door behind her ran up to her room. Mia picked up the phone and called her dad.

*RING* *RING* *RING* CRACK-----

"Hello, dad?"

"Mia?"

"Dad can you come over now....please!" She tried to get her words out.

"Baby what's wrong? I don't think I can come right now, Taejah is being reluctant to go to sleep and I can't put more on my plate."

"Dad! I'm trying, please! Just help me out, can I come to you?"

"Not at this time of night, it is dark I wouldn't want anything to happen to you maybe tomorrow?"

The call ended.

"Dad please!"

"Dad?"

Mia threw her phone on the carpeted floor. The lights went out. Feeling neglected she cried herself to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 70.4K 46
Due to sad circumstances Elisabeth is forced to move into her estranged father's house and to her surprise she learns that she has three older brothe...
12.1K 724 41
Mat a young woman who always felt out of place in her life... She never did fit in anywhere, an outcast from the age of eleven, she never felt whole...
22.7K 142 16
Mia is a very strange character. All she ever wants in life is normality. By the age of 3, she was forced into care because of several things her mum...
3.5K 128 16
WARNING : Written when I was young, my mind was everywhere, read at your own cost. She had to run. She ate her own child on command, there was noth...