...

Από xxclosed1316xx

Περισσότερα

Chapter 1: August Part I
Chapter 2: August Part II
Chapter 3: August Part III
Chapter 4: September Part I
Chapter 5: September Part II
Chapter 6: October Part I
Chapter 7: October Part II
Chapter 8: November
Chapter 9: December Part I
Chapter 10: December Part II
Chapter 11: January Part I
Chapter 12: January Part II
Chapter 13: January Part III
Chapter 14: February Part I
Chapter 15: February Part II
Chapter 16: February Part III
Chapter 17: February Part IV
Chapter 18: February Part V
Chapter 19: March Part I
Chapter 20: March Part II/April Part I
Chapter 21: April Part II
Chapter 22: April Part III/May Part I
Chapter 23: May Part II
Chapter 24: Finale
CHAPTER LIST: SPECIALS, SEQUEL, SHOTS, DRABBLES
Christmas Special
Valentine's Day Special
Caught Me - Chapter 1
Caught Me - Chapter 2
Caught Me - Chapter 3
Caught Me - Chapter 4
Caught Me - Chapter 5
Caught Me - Chapter 6
Caught Me - Chapter 7
Caught Me - Chapter 8
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 1
Caught Me - Finale Pt. 2
Christmas Special 2017
Dara's Approval OneShot
Tattoo OneShot
Wisdom Tooth OneShot
Babysitting OneShot
College Library Smut OneShot
Chaerin's Reaction Drabble
Horror Movie Oneshot
Faded - Part I
Faded - Part II
Drunk Jensoo Snippets
Appendix OneShot
"Jisoo Kim has nothing on Nayeon" - OneShot
Proposal OneShot
Prenups OneShot
Wedding OneShot
Jisoo's Secret OneShot
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part I
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part II
Jisoo's Pregnancy - Part III
Future OneShot
Jena Goes to Dinner OneShot
Accidental Stimulation OneShot
Fall Season with Jena
Jena's Costume OneShot
Valentines Day Drabble
Jennie's Game Oneshot
Jennie's Dream OneShot
Jena at the Zoo Drabble
Baby Jena and Jisoo OneShot
Injury - Part I
Injury - Part II
Injury - Part III
Injury - Part IV
Injury - Part V
Jennie Meets Seunghyun
Dara's Pregnancy - Part I
Dara's Pregnancy - Part II
Dara's Pregnancy - Part III
Dara's Pregnancy - Part IV
The Walking Dead AU OneShot
Time Traveling Jena OneShot
Eggs Oneshot
Reminiscing Oneshot
Honeymoon Oneshot
Home For The Holidays Oneshot

'Snowed In' - Drabble

3.2K 63 34
Από xxclosed1316xx

'Snowed In' - Drabble

Prompt: On winter vacation, Jisoo and Jennie experience some pretty pressing issues in their relationship. Logically, they fight it out, in the one place they can't escape: A snowed in cabin. Some rare angst.

*****

It hadn't at all started like this. There was no fighting, no bickering between Jisoo and Jennie, when they'd first pulled up to the cabin, with rosy cheeks and bright smiles as they greeted their friends. The entirety of the delinkru was supposed to meet them up in the mountains for a week of snow sports, log cabin adventures, and some genuine time away from all the annoyances life began to offer.

Neither Jisoo nor Jennie had considered that they might actually be taking some of their stresses and troubles along with them as added luggage. The idea that they could actually fight on vacation, in front of all their friends was new to them. They'd never had a need (or such an urge) to yell at each other. It was a strange outburst, and while they were novices to navigating the ups and downs of a committed relationship, there were still some major kinks to be worked out the way.

One of these issues was definitely the issue of "getting away from it all". Jisoo had suggested this retreat to the Blakes' winter home in the mountains when she realized that there was simply too much going on around her and Jennie. The first sign was obviously the late nights, the ones Jennie spent away from home. And no, Jisoo didn't think she was having an affair or anything like that. Jennie was a professional football player. She was a celebrity, an icon. And Jisoo was a know-nothing, nobody artist.

Jennie's career had instantly skyrocketed after college, while Jisoo's had yet to even take off. And yes, there were no complaints about how much Jennie deserved it- and really, the girl did. But god, the baggage that came with it all.

Jennie was almost never home, and when she was, her stupid phone was in front of her, or ESPN was on, and she was soaking up game plans, eating healthily, checking her four million followers out on twitter, and listening to random anchors talk about her.

Jisoo knew she was excited in the new world she'd just entered, a world she'd waited to live in her whole life, free from the tyranny of her parents.

But god, she missed her old girlfriend.

Jennie had done a complete 360, and reverted back to the cocky, arrogant asshole she'd been for some time in high school. And Jisoo was having none of it.

She could never get any time with Jennie, and when she did it was, "Love, just a minute- Kelly from ESPN is on the line." or "Jisoo, it's my agent" or "Jisoo, can we cancel dinner? I have a meet and greet."

A meet and greet.

As if meeting her random fucking fans took precedence over their relationship?

Jisoo couldn't be too mad. Jennie was still her Jennie, after all. It was just the pressures of all the media exposure and the new, stricter regime of the pro league taking its toll on her. She'd adjust. Or, so Dara had assured her on the phone. And CL. And Jiyong. In fact, Jisoo realized she'd made way too many phone calls bitching about Jennie's behavior without dealing with the root of the problem, so she'd gone straight up to Jennie, pushed her phone out of her face, and told her they were going on a trip.

Where she'd hoped Irene wouldn't have wifi, because the cell service was patchy at best, and Jisoo needed Jennie to spend time with literally anyone but her fans, agent, or phone.

...But needless to say, that wasn't fucking going according to plan, as Jennie was on her phone, heartily laughing at her agent's lines on the other end, while she leaned against the counter, looking positively bored.

Jisoo had warned her, to be fair.

"Jennie, I really miss you, baby."

"And I miss you more, love."

"...really?"

Jennie blinked in confusion, gripping the steering wheel a bit tighter. "Yes, really. Jisoo, what's this about?"

Jisoo shifted in her seat. She'd made it this far, and if she could remind Jennie how fun their lives were before all this fame, she wouldn't even have to face the awkwardness of telling her. There was something pitiful in having to tell your partner that you need extra attention because you're jealous, and feel left out.

...Or, so Jisoo thought. (Little did she know, that would've saved them a hell of a fight).

"Nothing, I'm just so glad we'll get to spend time together. Just you and me, and our closest friends. No one...or anything else."

"Me too, Jisoo." Jennie smiled softly, caressing Jisoo's cheek with a free hand.

Jisoo was so busy swooning, she hadn't noticed that Jennie didn't really get the intended message. Damn her girlfriend's looks.

But Jennie just loved that stupid phone so much that she'd chosen to ignore Jisoo's words over it.

So now, naturally, Jisoo was pissy. And pissy Jisoo was entirely too volatile.

Music spun throughout the cabin's large main living room, as Irene and Bogum cleaned up in the kitchen, bumping hips and drunkenly giggling. Sooyoung and Chanyeol were sitting by the fire, whispering to each other. High and enjoying themselves immensely, Sehun and Xiumin were laughing at their seats by the table, eating slutty brownies and laughing immensely at the name. Chaeyoung was laying beside Lisa on the couch, the two muttering quietly and occasionally laughing.

Everything was almost perfect.

Except Jennie hadn't fucking noticed her girlfriend since she'd gotten there.

Jisoo was so sure Jennie would jump her bones as soon as they got to their own private room.

...Apparently her fucking manager was too entertaining for sex.

Jisoo had tried, okay? She'd gone up to Jennie, even leaned against her, started a few conversations...but all she'd received was short answers and distracted smiles.

What was a girl to do?

Jisoo then noticed Suho, curled up by himself on the couch, a pair of glasses on, as he had his nose stuck into a history book.

Sighing, Jisoo turned to sit beside him, almost surprised when he glanced up, actually acknowledging her presence. Oh, yeah. That's what it felt like.

"Hey Suho." Jisoo murmured, noting how much she liked the way his glasses framed his face. He had such amazing cheekbones.

"Hey, Kim." He replied in his baritone, keeping it as calm as his surroundings.

Jisoo noticed the glint of the crackling fireplace from his glasses, and smiled at the way Suho just...fit in.

"What're you reading?" Jisoo tried, hoping she sounded convincing.

"History of America from 1700 to now." Suho replied, eyes surveying Jisoo's for any actual interest.

"Does it have a section on our recent downfall?" Jisoo grunted.

"...No, that's too recent." Suho shook his head, sighing. "Though, the founding fathers had some speculation of upheaval. They mentioned the idea of occasional revolutions to temper..." He trailed off, cocking a brow. "You haven't willingly absorbed my history ramblings since we graduated." Suho smirked.

Jisoo blushed, leaning further into him as he opened his arm for her to lean back.

"Trouble in paradise?" He asked, glancing up at Jennie, who hadn't appeared to have noticed him.

"...Why do you ask?" Jisoo asked, somewhat defensively.

"You two haven't been kissing, hugging,...petting." Suho snorted. "Doesn't take a rocket scientist."

"Just an observant historian." Jisoo cut in, flashing him a melancholy smile. "Yeah, you're not wrong."

"I never am." Suho smirked. "So, what is it this time?"

"She's not here." Jisoo hummed thoughtfully. "I mean, she's here, but not mentally. Or emotionally. She hasn't been around in weeks."

"Ouch." Suho nodded thoughtfully. "She isn't taking to fame well?"

Jisoo scoffed. "She's born for this shit. It's me she isn't taking to anymore."

"No." Suho tsked. "Don't say that, she's just busy."

"Too busy to hold her girlfriend?" Jisoo asked remorsefully.

Suho sighed, pushing his glasses up. "Jisoo, she doesn't even realize it."

"What?" Jisoo asked, once more defensive. "How do you know that?"

"Because I've seen her face when she knows you're upset. She'd slaughter anyone who put that frown on your face. And if she knew it was her own doing? She'd probably punish herself by sleeping out in the snow tonight." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"...Really?" Jisoo smiled, thinking of Jennie's realization, a smile on her lips.

"Really." Suho nodded. "Now, go talk to her. I can see you're dying not to hear another lecture about Ulysses."

"Thanks, Suho." Jisoo whispered, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "No wonder Gina's so into you, huh. You're a real charmer."

"How do you know about that?" Suho hissed.

Jisoo smirked. "I'm Irene's best friend, genius. Nice, by the way. She's a total babe."

Suho was red as a tomato when Jisoo got up to leave, noting how Jennie had set her phone in her pocket, leaning against the wall with crossed arms.

Jennie's hair was up in a ponytail, and she was wearing an old hoodie of Jisoo's. Jisoo adored everything about her, and she just wanted to have her girl back. She studied Jennie's face as she stepped closer, murmuring, "Hey Jen." With a soft smile.

Oh. Oh no. Was that- Oh, yes. It was.

Jennie's jaw ticked, her lips pursed into a thin line. "Hello, Jisoo."

It was ice cold.

Jisoo frowned. "...Are you okay, baby? You don't seem too-"

"Fine." Jennie gritted out.

Jisoo cocked a brow. "Well, I'm glad you're done talking to your manager, because I missed-"

"Oh yeah?" Jennie snorted. "Why's that? So I could get front row seats to you avoiding me for Bae?"

Jisoo's jaw dropped.

Oh no she fucking didn't.

"Excuse me?" Jisoo's tone rose, and everyone glanced up from their musings.

"You heard me." Jennie retorted testily. "You're the one who begged me to come out here-"

"Begged you?!" Jisoo's retort was sharp. "This is a fucking joke, right?"

Chaeyoung and Lisa were off the couch, while Suho watched in horror, as if someone had trampled all over the flowers he'd planted by hand.

"Um...party in my room, everyone." Irene mumbled, and the group hastened after her, even grabbing Xiumin and Sehun from their meals to join.

Jisoo turned to follow, but Suho shook his head. "Fix this." He whispered sagely, hurrying back to the group, leaving the two angry girlfriends in the middle of the living room, the crackling fire the only noise between them.

"Why are you being such a child?" Jisoo demanded instantly. "You haven't been like this since high school."

"I haven't been an audience to you and Suho Bae since High School, either!" Jennie growled.

Jisoo snorted. "No, Jennie.You don't get to do that. This isn't an isolated incident. You know what?"

"What, Jisoo?" Jennie spat.

"You've been ignoring me since you were drafted!" Jisoo cried out, all the pent up rage within her rushing out like an open floodgate, each drop a recent, angry memory.

Jennie looked as if she were slapped across the face. She certainly hadn't been expecting that.

"Yeah, that's right!" Jisoo snapped. "I haven't seen you in weeks! The last time we slept with each other was almost a month ago, and you did it just to get some relief!" Jisoo growled.

Jennie's eyes widened, and her jaw dropped.

"You always come home late, on dinner dates with your fucking manager, or team, or commissioner! And when you come home, you make a mess, and then fall asleep. Guess who has to clean it? Me, Jennie! And guess what?! This isn't your childhood. There isn't a maid in our apartment, Jen! You don't even see it, half the time! And you know what? On the days you are miraculously home, you have the TV running to watch news about yourself. I thought I left conceited, arrogant Jennie behind when I started dating you!" Jisoo was crying now, her eyes brimming with fresh tears.

Jennie couldn't even form a coherent thought. "I...I..."

"I have to wonder." Jisoo whispered, shaking her head. "I have to wonder what's happening to us. Because I'm the same, Jennie. I've been the same. I've stayed up so late waiting for you." Jisoo whispered. "And I wake up to find your name all over my feed with twelve different photos of your meetings. That's the closest I've been to you in a while." She murmured, shaking her head.

"Jisoo." Jennie choked out. "I had no-"

"And then, Jennie Rubyjane Kim, you stubborn ass- you have the audacity to tell me I begged you to come out here! To spend time with me, in hopes of mending our relationship!" Jisoo sounded hysterical, and she shook off Jennie's attempted touch with fury.

Jennie shook her head frantically- to no avail.

"You didn't even remember I existed until I sat down to talk to one of our friends." Jisoo pressed, wiping her tears away with little care. "You hypocrite, telling me I ignore you?"

Jisoo turned on her heel, shaking her head. "You care about your image more than your girlfriend. I should've known, dating a Kim." Her words were laced with malice as she moved past Jennie, heading for the door.

"Jisoo!" Jennie cried after her, full panic setting in. No, no, no. She'd fucked up. She hadn't been paying attention to Jisoo, it was true. She'd been so swept up in her new world that she'd lost sight of the greatest, most important person in her life. None of it meant anything without Jisoo.

Jisoo ignored her, throwing the door open as she gasped, a miniature avalanche of snow piling up at her knees, the loose powder dusting the wooden floor. The rest of it remained packed hard against the doorframe, effectively blocking the only door out.

Jisoo gaped, tears still dotting her rosy cheeks as she realized she was stuck in the same house as Jennie.

"I..." Jisoo inhaled sharply. "I'm going to bed."

"Fine." Jennie growled, kicking herself as her stupid pride seeped into her tone.

She didn't mean it. But god, she never liked admitting she was wrong. She hated it. But she was so, so wrong.

"I'm sorry I dragged you out here." Jisoo turned to whisper to her, rather hauntingly. "Next time, I'll come alone."

Jennie gaped as she stormed into their bedroom, feeling the worst she had in a very, very long time.

*****

About two hours had passed when Jennie decided that she had to slip into what was supposed to be her room and Jisoo's, to grab her night clothes and make a break for the couch.

She'd definitely thought Jisoo would be asleep.

None of the other delinquents or kru came out during that time, and Jennie assumed they'd snuck off to sleep in their respective rooms.

And this time, no one lined up to defend her. Not Chaeyoung, not Bogum...Hell, if June were there, he'd have knocked some sense into her.

She'd acted like such an egotistical ass.

How could she explain to Jisoo that she didn't take her out to those meetings because she thought they'd genuinely bore her? How could she explain to Jisoo that she was sorry for the uncharacteristic messes she left behind in her sleep deprivation? How could Jennie convey to Jisoo that she kept watching the shows about her because she was terrified of what everyone would think of her as the first professional woman player in her league?

She could've verbalized it. She could've mentioned it.

But no, she bottled it up, deprived Jisoo of her time, and made it look like she was fucking her manager. Fantastic.

Jennie slipped into the room, surprised to find the lights dimmed, and instead of a sleeping Jisoo: silent sniffles into her pillow.

Jennie's heart shattered into a million pieces as she found herself moving forward subconsciously, feeling an overwhelming instinctive pull to protect Jisoo, to kiss her until she smiled, to wrap her arms around her and hold her.

But no. She'd inflicted this pain, and she didn't deserve that privilege right now.

"Jisoo." She whispered, feeling the lump form in her throat almost instantly upon whispering that name. She came to slowly sit on the edge of the bed.

"Go away." Jisoo practically snarled into her pillow. "I hate you."

Jennie flinched at that, biting her lip.

She doesn't mean it. Stay strong, Jennie.

"Jisoo." Jennie whispered, voice shaking. "Jisoo, I am so sorry."

Jisoo's sniffling froze for a moment, and Jennie knew she had an audience.

"Jisoo, you're right." Jennie murmured. "I've acted unacceptably. I was so caught up in my new job, and trying to balance everything that...I put you aside. And that is the worst thing I could ever do to you, because you're the love of my life." Jennie whispered, emotion gripping her tone. "I love you more than life itself, and I'm an idiot, because there are things I should've told you."

"Like what?" Jisoo grumbled into her pillow. "Hiding any affairs, too?"

Jennie gasped slightly at the suggestion. "No, god, Jisoo, no." Jennie begged. "I never- Jisoo, you are my everything. I never would even think to. I mean, I should've told you that I was nervous, and that's why I kept listening to the news specials about me. And that my agent is trying to reassure me that my career won't be a total joke, and it's better than being a CEO, like everyone always thought I should be. I'm just...I know it's hard for me to admit, but I should've told you. I'm scared."

Jisoo made a soft whine that made Jennie's heart jump.

"I came to get my things." Jennie replied.

"...you're leaving?" Jisoo muttered. "It's not safe-"

"To the couch, Jisoo." Jennie replied remorsefully. Jisoo wanted her to leave, then.

"Oh." Jisoo replied dryly, muffled by the pillow. "Goodnight."

Jennie wanted nothing more than to reach out and just rub her back, and drop loving kisses to her neck. Jisoo always smelled like sweet perfume, her skin soft and ready for kisses. Her hair was golden and bright, Jennie could twirl her fingers and form ringlets in it whenever she kissed Jisoo.

God, she missed her girlfriend. She missed being able to hold her, and she hadn't taken advantage when she had the chance.

This was a fitting punishment.

"I love you, Jisoo." Jennie murmured as she rose, grabbing her duffel bag from the corner of the room. "Goodnight,"

Jennie shut the door, and she wondered what the implications were for her and Jisoo. Was this a mild fight? They never fought, Jennie had nothing to gauge it with. Was Jisoo furious with her? Were they over? Over this? Jennie felt panic settle in her chest, and for the first time in her life, she lived through the anxiety that Jisoo had in her attacks. This was dread, anxiety's uglier, more potent sister.

Jennie carried dread with her as she got ready for her night on the couch, shivering all the while, realizing even her own usually plentiful body heat wasn't enough for this cold weather. She sighed as she realized all she had was the measly blanket draped over the edge.

She deserved this.

Moving about in the darkness, Jennie rolled onto the couch, biting her lip as she tried incredibly hard to suppress her body's instinct to cry, to shake, to sob, to acknowledge the loss she'd just experienced. Jisoo wanted her to leave. In her mind, that overshadowed the worry Jisoo had for her when she thought Jennie was going out in the storm.

They were both fools, it seemed.

Jennie squeezed her eyes shut, willing sleep to take her to a place where she hadn't fucked up this severely.

*****

Three hours passed, and Jennie was still wide awake.

Wide awake, and miserable.

Jennie was facing the wall, tucked in her pathetic blanket, shivering as she tried not to think of what her position would've been in the warm bed with Jisoo. She would've held Jisoo in her arms, or laid her head on Jisoo's chest, and all would've been well.

But no, she ignored Jisoo, embarassed her in front of her friends with the idiotic jealousy act, and potentially permanently damaged their relationship.

Jennie was so lost in her self hatred that, at first, she didn't feel the weight of the couch dip.

And then she felt a thick layer of warmth on top of her, and a warm body wrapping around her, spooning her. She knew that body anywhere.

"Jisoo?" She whispered into the night, hoping it wasn't just a very lucid dream.

"Jennie, you're shivering." Worry seeped into Jisoo's tone, and Jennie realized she'd brought the blanket and duvet from the bed, and had spread it over them.

"Jisoo, I-"

"Shh." Jisoo whispered. "I know." She nuzzled Jennie's neck. "I...I realized I might have overreacted a little, too. I-"

"No." Jennie whispered firmly. "I'm an idiot. I should've been straight with you-"

"Being straight was never your forte." Jisoo whispered, chuckling softly.

The sound was pure music to Jennie's ears.

"Listen.." Jisoo murmured. "We can, and will have to talk about this tomorrow morning. But it's okay. We're okay."

Jennie nodded slowly, exhaling a shaky breath. "Okay." She nodded, feeling Jisoo's warm hands slide under her shirt, pressing against her abs like she always did, warming her instantly.

"I love you." Jisoo whispered. "Never go to bed without me again."

"I love you too." Jennie croaked, snuggling back into Jisoo's arms. "I won't. I'm sorry."

"Good." Jisoo nodded, satisfied, kissing Jennie's neck, humming softly. "You belong in my arms every night, okay?"

Jennie nodded blissfully, feeling the worry melt away. If Jisoo was happy, everything else in life seemed manageable.

"Night, baby." Jisoo's voice gave her the sweetest dreams she'd had in weeks.

* * ©EffortlesslyOpulent * *
* * ©sam_kom_trashkru * *

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

3.4K 151 24
Jensoo
193K 8.4K 56
"You're a terrible kisser"
52.4K 1.5K 38
-jennie Jennie likes this girl she saw at the coffee cafe two years ago, when she saw her again she know she want to know her more -jisoo Jisoo still...
6.3K 459 17
obsession, love and lust